Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence (31681 Views)

Do You Know That This Sentence Contains All The English Alphabet? / Can Anyone Please Explain The Use Of "AN" And Not "A" In This Sentence. / Grammarians, Who Can Correctly Fill In The Spaces In These Sentences? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by Beress(m): 12:17pm On Apr 02, 2022
Request for the redesignation of my appointment to an administrative staff

Request for the redesignation of my appointment as an administrative staff

Request for the redesignation of my appointment to administrative staff

Request for the redesignation of my appointment as administrative staff

Pls which is the best to use among all these. It's meant to be the title of an official letter I want to write. I want to change from clerical staff to administrative staff.

I will appreciate your response

MODIFIED

Having listened to some grammarians here, I now have two options:

Request for Redesignation to Administrative Staff

OR

Request for Redesignation as Administrative Staff

Pls which is the most appropriate

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by yanabasee(m): 12:21pm On Apr 02, 2022
The first one is correct....

Go to the registry and check other files and the title they used...

Moreso, it won't be checked.... As far as the heading described the purpose of the letter...

Congratulations boss...

Modified...

You used Redesignation.... Then you should use "AS"

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 02, 2022
Beress:

Pls which is the best to use among all these. It's meant to be the title of an official letter I want to write. I want to change from clerical staff to administrative staff.

Lalasticlala

None of the above. Below is what you should use:

139 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by Stenewiser: 12:28pm On Apr 02, 2022
Loewe:

exactly.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by Beress(m): 12:34pm On Apr 02, 2022
yanabasee:
The first one is correct....

Go to the registry and check other files and the title they used...

Moreso, it won't be checked.... As far as the heading described the purpose of the letter...

Congratulations boss...

Thanks chief

2 Likes

Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by Beress(m): 12:35pm On Apr 02, 2022
Loewe:

I'm getting more confused here �

Pls more response my people else I will go with this.
Thanks Loewe
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by Beress(m): 1:16pm On Apr 02, 2022
Ok
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by jibovico(m): 1:22pm On Apr 02, 2022
Use this: Request for Redesignation to Administrative Staff

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by churro: 1:32pm On Apr 02, 2022
The third one is correct. You are requesting for a redesignation of your appointment to adminstrative staff. That is, you want to be an administrative staff instead, since you arent one now. You don't redesignate as, you reedesigae to.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by iLoveYouToo(m): 1:40pm On Apr 02, 2022
Beress:

Lalasticlala

Request for redesignation from clerical staff to Administrative staff

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by Legendforte: 1:59pm On Apr 02, 2022
'Redesignate as' is the correct usage form.

2 Likes

Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by godofuck231: 2:10pm On Apr 02, 2022
Legendforte:
'Redesignate as' is the correct usage form.
A request to to effect a redesignation of my appointment from an executive staff to the position as an administrative staff ( the title of your letter should speak in brief and state your intent not confuse or hide intents )

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by Beress(m): 2:37pm On Apr 02, 2022
churro:
The third one is correct. You are requesting for a redesignation of your appointment to adminstrative staff. That is, you want to be an administrative staff instead, since you arent one now. You don't redesignate as, you reedesigae to.

Pls I need more enlightenment here. I think the issue now is between "to" and "as"

Lalasticlala let this get to Soyinka pls

2 Likes

Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by Beress(m): 2:38pm On Apr 02, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

Request for redesignation from clerical staff to Administrative staff

I think this is sounding good to me. Pls more opinions my people

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by Beress(m): 2:43pm On Apr 02, 2022

OR

1 Like

Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 02, 2022
Beress:

OR

To the best of my knowledge, the appropriate preposition for redesignation is "as" and not "to", hence my previous contribution...

You also noticed I dropped "my appointment" that's because a subject doesn't need to be long and tacky. I am a language instructor, so take it from me. But in the Nigerian context, I reckon nobody would pay serious attention to your choice of words as long as it makes sense.

All the best.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by DJGiore: 3:22pm On Apr 02, 2022
who grammer help, put it any how
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by DrBrainstorm(m): 3:22pm On Apr 02, 2022
This:
" Oga aswear I no get joy again for this position, transfer me go Administration abeg". grin

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by layycon: 3:23pm On Apr 02, 2022

This is the correct one

7 Likes

Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by DropsMic(m): 3:23pm On Apr 02, 2022
All
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by bigdammyj: 3:23pm On Apr 02, 2022
Reading...
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by zinaunreal(m): 3:23pm On Apr 02, 2022
Akpu
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by Enemyofpeace: 3:23pm On Apr 02, 2022
Boat of them are perfectly correct
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by Themie9: 3:24pm On Apr 02, 2022
Beress:

MODIFIED

OR

Request for the redesignation of my appointment administrative staff
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by matrix199(m): 3:24pm On Apr 02, 2022
The second sentence is the most appropriate
Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by saphiere(f): 3:24pm On Apr 02, 2022
Beress:

MODIFIED

OR

The country is on fire. rape case increases every day and see what you are bringing up for debate.

Can't we debate on causes of rape and how to stop it?

Anyways the first one is correct. Put the article an in your statement unless you are the only admin staff

1 Like

Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by nextstep(m): 3:24pm On Apr 02, 2022
Both these forms are correct:

In the first, redesignation is a verb. I prefer it because it emphasizes change from-to
In the second, redesignation is a state of being. It doesn't really emphasize the change. It can be ambiguous: redesignate (to what?) as administrative staff.

You also won't use the form with "an administrative staff", because staff is plural. (e.g. a member of staff; a staff member; but not a staff)

4 Likes

Re: Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence by raybaba97(m): 3:24pm On Apr 02, 2022
Redesignate as

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

She Was Expelled After Confessing Of Using Fake O'level Result / NOUN Graduates Now Eligible For NYSC & Law School / 2015 June-July NECO Result Is OUT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.