Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? (16252 Views)

If U Have Golf 4 2.0L,1.8L Or Audi 4 V6 That's Giving Attitude 4 Sale, Hit Me / Need To Upgrade, Volkswagen Or Honda? / Checkout How This Audi R8 Was Transformed In Nigeria (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? by sinisters(m): 4:07pm On Apr 05, 2022
Bad choices
Re: Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? by bamsand: 4:08pm On Apr 05, 2022
Re: Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? by vicfajeze: 4:12pm On Apr 05, 2022
Why not use INNOSON CAR
Re: Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? by joetem(m): 4:15pm On Apr 05, 2022
Nnamike786:
I am an uber driver who has been driving for someone with corolla car. Now i wish to get my own but due to cost have opted for European car. Pls which European car especially audi or Volkswagen will be good in terms of ruggedness and fuel efficiency for ubber Job. I would really appreciate if am advised based on experience. Thank you very much���

If you can manage to get very clean and carefully maintained peugeot 406/407, you are good to go.

Honda city 2005/2008.
Very fuel efficient and easy to use.

VW isnt bad either.

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? by frowland(m): 4:15pm On Apr 05, 2022
Dottore:
Now Read Carefully?
VW and Audi are the same company. Passant and Jetta of testa years are very rugged but the present day models have poor reliability.

When you talk about Audi I believe you have Audi A4 in mind because Audi 80 (which is very rugged) is no longer in the market as direct Tokunbo and the available ones are not clean enough for Uber and Bolt when you compare them with the more modern cars being used for such transport services.

Audi A4 is not for rugged and task full purposes. There's a reason why you see many transporters using Toyota products for the ever demanding and task full transport service.

Toyota products may not have the best aesthetics or cosmetic appearances but their maintenance cost is very low while reliability ratio is very high and arguably second to none. Thus the saying "A Toyota Drives Forever"

Theirs a reason why all transport Companies prefer Sienna to Honda Odessy, Corrola to Civic, Camry to Accord etc.
There's a reason why construction companies, Agencies and even terrorists prefer Toyota Hilux to other Pickup trucks despite the Hilux being less attractive in appearance.

Hmmm
Re: Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? by Bishopsgate(m): 4:19pm On Apr 05, 2022
Nnamike786:
I am an uber driver who has been driving for someone with corolla car. Now i wish to get my own but due to cost have opted for European car. Pls which European car especially audi or Volkswagen will be good in terms of ruggedness and fuel efficiency for ubber Job. I would really appreciate if am advised based on experience. Thank you very much���

I would advise you to go with Volkswagen if those 2 cars are the only 2 you have to chose from

Audi is much more expensive to maintain, though most of their lesser models share same parts. The higher the models, the wider the cost of maintenance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? by peeps4u: 4:29pm On Apr 05, 2022
BESTScientist1:
Keke marua...... do you guys pay the mods to bring silly questions here?

While I was a kid growing up, I wasn't this stupi*d. I know you're a kid and still being fed, but this isn't an excuse to be this f*oolish.

What is silly with this thread?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? by peeps4u: 4:32pm On Apr 05, 2022
Oyerinde16:
Seems bolt and Uber do not accept Volkswagen products, quote me if I'm wrong or if you are using Volkswagen for bolt or uber...

Any car model is accepted on boltUber as long as it is not wagon and 2003+. Any sedan or hatchback car from 2003 will fly

2 Likes

Re: Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? by elisho: 4:36pm On Apr 05, 2022
Go for guf 2 is ok pls any one in p-h that have any car to give out for bot for one month am on amaul lev i need to make money pls
Re: Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? by Agima1st: 4:37pm On Apr 05, 2022
Honda civic, honda city or Peugeot 307 (2003 to 2008 model are better options for Toyota. Also Hyundai Accent 2008. All reliable

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? by Dukeolumidemans(m): 4:57pm On Apr 05, 2022
Nnamike786:

Audi is good but Volkswagen is better for transportation business. The parts are not expensive, the ac is super cold, it can last for Africa and thieves won't look at it much. Buy any of the following:
1. Volkswagen Jetta
2. Volkswagen Polo
3. Volkswagen Vento
4. Skoda
5. Skoda Fabia
6. Skoda Octavia etc.

The strongest is Skoda and Polo but they are very small in size. They are very very very strong, very reliable and more economical than Toyota Corolla 2003/2004 model. If u have cash buy a clean Vento or Fabia and thank me later.

I come in peace!!!

3 Likes

Re: Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? by Moz22: 4:58pm On Apr 05, 2022
Grupo:
Why not buy Honda civic?
do you want to kill him
Re: Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? by bluefilm: 5:00pm On Apr 05, 2022
Ich liebe Volkswagen.

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? by SavageResponse(m): 5:03pm On Apr 05, 2022
Stay away from German cars for Uber in Nigeria except if you're ready to spend big bucks on maintenance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? by SavageResponse(m): 5:04pm On Apr 05, 2022
bluefilm:
Ich liebe Volkswagen.

Nay!
Re: Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? by Alegbojunction(m): 5:11pm On Apr 05, 2022
Which year model

2005-2008, all Jetta from 2005 to 2010 use parts interchangeably, they look almost alike, the difference are in the infotainment, climate control, and engine configuration.
I used a Passat FSI for bolt and in 7 month made back my cost of purchase, the car is my house as profit, which I can dispose off when I get cash to purchase an audi q5. I like that ride !!!
For bolt, Volkswagen and Audi are have softer steering, acceleration is electronic and seat are more ergonomically designed than most japanese brand which u need a cushion on your seat so that ur yansh no go cake

2 Likes

Re: Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? by bunbazh27(m): 5:16pm On Apr 05, 2022
Good day all,

I am in need of a car for uber/bolt business, weekly remittance.
Kindly contact me on 070 8209 2734.

Thanks
Re: Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? by Alegbojunction(m): 5:16pm On Apr 05, 2022
[quote author=nams77 post=111673341]
Which year model
2005-2008
Re: Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? by Larrykaysail(m): 5:17pm On Apr 05, 2022
Nnamike786:

Audi is a luxury car .. not a good idea for uber

VW is not bad , or Nissan
Re: Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? by Bbbw: 5:31pm On Apr 05, 2022
None
Re: Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? by beey2(m): 5:45pm On Apr 05, 2022
I'm also about going on this venture of car hailing business and I have Volkswagen Passat. I believe the car is good enough in terms of economy and durability.

2 Likes

Re: Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? by skywalker240(m): 5:45pm On Apr 05, 2022
BESTScientist1:
Keke marua...... do you guys pay the mods to bring silly questions here?
If you don't have anything to say, you should've just scrolled on or leave the page

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? by Johel(m): 5:46pm On Apr 05, 2022
Nnamike786:

Volkswagen
Re: Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? by Oyerinde16(m): 5:55pm On Apr 05, 2022
peeps4u:

Any car model is accepted on boltUber as long as it is not wagon and 2003+. Any sedan or hatchback car from 2003 will fly

I am yet to see someone using Volkswagen for bolt. I once took a Volkswagen golf 5 2006 for inspection, the lady said they aren't accepting it, she snapped the car and sent for verification and confirmation, she said sorry. They accept corolla more and a few models more now...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? by skywalker240(m): 5:57pm On Apr 05, 2022
The Volkswagen Polo, Jetta or Passat would've been a good idea

But these car's and their electrical issues are something to grapple with

Older models are top-notch but Uber and bolt won't accept that

Why don't you just get a Japanese model

Most Volkswagen car's deals more with performance than been economical
Re: Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? by JohnSP99: 6:03pm On Apr 05, 2022
Uber and bolt still dey pay
Re: Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? by Grupo(m): 6:20pm On Apr 05, 2022
Moz22:
do you want to kill him

How?
Re: Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? by peeps4u: 6:37pm On Apr 05, 2022
Oyerinde16:

I am yet to see someone using Volkswagen for bolt. I once took a Volkswagen golf 5 2006 for inspection, the lady said they aren't accepting it, she snapped the car and sent for verification and confirmation, she said sorry. They accept corolla more and a few models more now...

People use it. I've seen a driver who use it. The lady must have given you wrong info like some telecoms customer care agents.

Check uber/bolt website, they only stated car specs interms of years and other features as requirements, not car brand.

Even Innosson will fly as long as it is 2003+ and sound

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? by feedthenation(m): 6:59pm On Apr 05, 2022
---certainly VW for economical reasons---
Re: Volkswagen Or Audi For Uber Driving? by beey2(m): 7:50pm On Apr 05, 2022
feedthenation:
---certainly VW for economical reasons---

Kindly share your experience and knowledge of the VW

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Watch How 35 Firefighters Struggled To Tackle A Large Fire From A Burning Tesla / Driving With Original Drivers License, Good Or Bad? / Electrical Vs Mechanical Faults: Which Is Worse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.