Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,833 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Arewa Youths: Osinbajo Seeking Immunity Against Prosecution With 2023 Ambition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arewa Youths: Osinbajo Seeking Immunity Against Prosecution With 2023 Ambition (684 Views)

Obasanjo: I Hope Nothing Tampers With 2023 Elections / How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times / How Cabal Caged Osinbajo, Fowler Via EFCC Probes; To Bury Tinubu’s 2023 Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arewa Youths: Osinbajo Seeking Immunity Against Prosecution With 2023 Ambition by GreenAgain: 5:46am On Apr 04, 2022
A coalition of Arewa Civil Society Groups, has cautioned the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Nigeria electorate to be mindful of the presidential aspiration of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, because he simply wanted immunity against plausible prosecution after the 2023 elections.

The Arewa group at a press briefing in Abuja, yesterday, insisted that Osinbajo was contesting for president to continue enjoying immunity against prosecution, after 2023.

Convener of the group, Comrade Musa Attah, while briefing Journalists, alleged that the vice-president mismanaged funds under his control and office, for various social intervention programmes of the President Muhammadu Buhari administration.

“The leadership of the Coalition of Arewa Civil Society Groups welcomes you all to this significant press conference, which has become a child of necessity, given the recent clamour for the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, to vie for the highest political office in the country.

“As a group representing a vast interest of critical stakeholders in northern Nigeria, and some other parts of the country, we are constrained to lend our voice to an ambition we consider misplaced and against the interest of the generality of Nigerians, in our quest for sustainable growth and development.

“The presidential aspiration of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo does not suit the purpose, given his track record in the mismanagement of the various Social Intervention Programmes of the federal government hitherto domiciled in his office, before the creation of the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development.

“It is instructive to ask questions about how Vice President Yemi Osinbajo managed the National Social Investments Programmes (NSIP), intended to tackle poverty and hunger across the country.

“For the records, the suite of programmes under the NSIP focuses on ensuring a more equitable distribution of resources to vulnerable populations, including children, youth and women, under the supervision of the Office of the Vice President.

“The N-Power Programme, Conditional Cash Transfer Programme, Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme, the Home Grown School Feeding Programme and the Tradermoni Empowerment Scheme, were all intended to bring succour to the vulnerable groups in the country.

“Therefore, it is curious how such laudable initiatives were mismanaged by the Office of the Vice President, which warranted the President to create a new ministry and transferred the responsibility of managing these programmes to the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development.

“What Nigerians might be aware of is that, under the supervision of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, the National Social Intervention Programmes became an avenue for corrupt enrichment by the Vice President and his cronies. They diverted funds meant for the vulnerable groups to private pockets.

“The heist committed by the Vice President and his cronies in implementing the programmes is quite despicable and a shame, given the multitude of evidence pointing to gross mismanagement and abuse of office.

“Therefore, it is unimaginable for the Vice President to indicate interest to rule this country. The implication of a Yemi Osinbajo’s presidency in Nigeria is that, the country’s resources would be diverted to private pockets most brazenly, as we saw in the NSIP.

“It, therefore, amounts to an insult to the sensibilities of Nigerians for Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, to want to lead Nigeria. He lacks morals and uprightness, as evident in his corrupt tendencies and lack of sincerity of heart and purpose.

“At this point, we are tempted to state in unequivocal terms that the attempt by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to seek the highest political office in the county is an attempt to shield himself from the probe after the expiration of his immunity,” the statement stated.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/04/04/arewa-youths-osinbajo-seeking-immunity-against-prosecution-with-2023-ambition/

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths: Osinbajo Seeking Immunity Against Prosecution With 2023 Ambition by stonemasonn: 5:50am On Apr 04, 2022
Let the smear campaign begin.

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths: Osinbajo Seeking Immunity Against Prosecution With 2023 Ambition by Nobody: 5:52am On Apr 04, 2022
Like if you believe Osinbajo deserve the presidency,share if you do not.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arewa Youths: Osinbajo Seeking Immunity Against Prosecution With 2023 Ambition by ivolt: 5:52am On Apr 04, 2022
Okay.
Re: Arewa Youths: Osinbajo Seeking Immunity Against Prosecution With 2023 Ambition by CaptainAyub: 5:53am On Apr 04, 2022
Bourdillon on the beat

2 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths: Osinbajo Seeking Immunity Against Prosecution With 2023 Ambition by Lawlab253: 5:56am On Apr 04, 2022
Ok
Re: Arewa Youths: Osinbajo Seeking Immunity Against Prosecution With 2023 Ambition by Xhuntra: 6:20am On Apr 04, 2022
wisdomriddim:
Did he do anything wrong? He's qualified to contest, all these sponsored opinions cannot pull down his competency.

Are you seriously asking if he did anything wrong?? All these people sef

3 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths: Osinbajo Seeking Immunity Against Prosecution With 2023 Ambition by Truthisunique2: 6:21am On Apr 04, 2022
wisdomriddim:
Did he do anything wrong? He's qualified to contest, all these sponsored opinions cannot pull down his competency.
na drug urchins

Since blackmail of don't bite the hand that feeds you didn't work

Na to fight dirty with everyone

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths: Osinbajo Seeking Immunity Against Prosecution With 2023 Ambition by Godjone(m): 6:25am On Apr 04, 2022
The kind money wen Buhari and his deputy steal ehnn, if you know, you go marvel. These crooks were busy looting but people don't know what is going.

Have you ask yourself one day what they did with trillions of dollars they borrowed? These monies were shared among Buhari and his co-looters. Thieves

Make una see this analysis:

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s tenure saw a drastic reduction in the nation’s foreign debt. Mr Obasanjo met a foreign debt burden of $28 billion but reduced it to $2.11 billion before leaving.

His successor, Umaru Musa Yaradua, incurred $1.39 billion, while Goodluck Jonathan incurred an additional $3.8 billion during his tenure, bringing the nation’s debt to $7.3 billion as of 2015.

However, the incumbent president, Mr Buhari, has acquired a whopping $21.27 billion loan, taking Nigeria’s external debt to an all-time high of $28.57 billion as of December 2020.

In addition to acquiring enormous debt, Mr Buhari has also depleted the Excess Crude Account (ECA) from $2.1 billion left by Jonathan to a paltry sum of $35million, giving credence to the report that he is unable to manage the nation’s resources judiciously.

2 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths: Osinbajo Seeking Immunity Against Prosecution With 2023 Ambition by EastisBae: 6:40am On Apr 04, 2022
These Arewa Civil soceity groups are the real Patriots and not those that grill vulture meat yet claim to be patriotic while supporting criminals.

Osinbajo should not be allowed to hold any political post for now until he is made to answer for the pillaging of Nigeria between 2015 and 2023.

2 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths: Osinbajo Seeking Immunity Against Prosecution With 2023 Ambition by Sergio101(m): 6:41am On Apr 04, 2022
Peter Gregory obi 2023

5 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths: Osinbajo Seeking Immunity Against Prosecution With 2023 Ambition by descarado: 6:43am On Apr 04, 2022
I think Nigeria and USA use the same type of electioneering.

No diff.
Re: Arewa Youths: Osinbajo Seeking Immunity Against Prosecution With 2023 Ambition by Macphenson: 6:52am On Apr 04, 2022
okoo
Re: Arewa Youths: Osinbajo Seeking Immunity Against Prosecution With 2023 Ambition by kayuseful: 6:53am On Apr 04, 2022
Inconsequential group

VP mismanaged funds, but Buhari is clean abi

You guys should try harder

There's no suspected Buhari's choice that has not been targeted for smear campaign. Las las, the chosen one is the chosen one
Re: Arewa Youths: Osinbajo Seeking Immunity Against Prosecution With 2023 Ambition by Truthisunique2: 6:59am On Apr 04, 2022
kayuseful:
Inconsequential group

VP mismanaged funds, but Buhari is clean abi

You guys should try harder

There's no suspected Buhari's choice that has not been targeted for smear campaign. Las las, the chosen one is the chosen one
buhari is minister of petroleum presiding over the biggest unpresidented oil scam but these tinubu urchins won't make pemp

2 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths: Osinbajo Seeking Immunity Against Prosecution With 2023 Ambition by Racoon(m): 7:05am On Apr 04, 2022
Hehehe! In so much that the humanitarian & economic atrocities committed under the wicked Buhari-Osinbajo government will need to be probe or investigated someday, this one is just a smear campaign.
Re: Arewa Youths: Osinbajo Seeking Immunity Against Prosecution With 2023 Ambition by nzeobi(m): 7:17am On Apr 04, 2022
Let him contest and let the people decide his fate
Re: Arewa Youths: Osinbajo Seeking Immunity Against Prosecution With 2023 Ambition by TheRareGem1(f): 7:22am On Apr 04, 2022
Smear campaign that will end here and nothing more
Re: Arewa Youths: Osinbajo Seeking Immunity Against Prosecution With 2023 Ambition by Parachoko: 7:34am On Apr 04, 2022
EastisBae:
These Arewa Civil soceity groups are the real Patriots and not those that grill vulture meat yet claim to be patriotic while supporting criminals.

Osinbajo should not be allowed to hold any political post for now until he is made to answer for the pillaging of Nigeria between 2015 and 2023.

All this smear campaign against Osinbajo holds no water.

They are the patriot because they are not attacking a candidate you like

If nah Peter Obi they attack now, I'm sure you won't support them.
Re: Arewa Youths: Osinbajo Seeking Immunity Against Prosecution With 2023 Ambition by Tinubuadvocate: 8:01am On Apr 04, 2022
The vice president shouldn't hesitate to sue anyone trying to tarnish his image initially I thought the bastard have something to say until I see last paragraph where the bastard said vice president mustn't contest.

I was fortunate to work in one of this social intervention programs when the vice president handled the program before Buhari create a ministry for it and put his sibling in the office.

Former chief of staff to Buhari ABBA kyari accused the president that it was only southern that benefit from the program I'm Buhari created office for it and asked the vice president to handover the office to humanitarian minister.

I agree we southern are just like orphanage in the hands of northern till today north are really benefiting massively from this program even the money they want to borrow farmers and businesses people then they cancelled southern proposal and paying north beneficiaries.

If you go north every monday morning like this you will see hausa fulani people in bank waiting to collect money .
Re: Arewa Youths: Osinbajo Seeking Immunity Against Prosecution With 2023 Ambition by ImmaculateJOE(m): 8:23am On Apr 04, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
The vice president shouldn't hesitate to sue anyone trying to tarnish his image initially I thought the bastard have something to say until I see last paragraph where the bastard said vice president mustn't contest.

I was fortunate to work in one of this social intervention programs when the vice president handled the program before Buhari create a ministry for it and put his sibling in the office.

Former chief of staff to Buhari ABBA kyari accused the president that it was only southern that benefit from the program I'm Buhari created office for it and asked the vice president to handover the office to humanitarian minister.

I agree we southern are just like orphanage in the hands of northern till today north are really benefiting massively from this program even the money they want to borrow farmers and businesses people then they cancelled southern proposal and paying north beneficiaries.

If you go north every monday morning like this you will see hausa fulani people in bank waiting to collect money .

I once helped some of their women filled the bank details.. But when I asked them what it was all about, they became smart.

They are pushing for Godwin Emefele because of the so many benefits CBN have gifted them.
Re: Arewa Youths: Osinbajo Seeking Immunity Against Prosecution With 2023 Ambition by AchalugoNwa(f): 8:24am On Apr 04, 2022
stonemasonn:
Let the smear campaign begin.
Hahahahahaha
Re: Arewa Youths: Osinbajo Seeking Immunity Against Prosecution With 2023 Ambition by Tinubuadvocate: 8:53am On Apr 04, 2022
That's Aboki for you very selfish people that's why I really want a stubborn southern person as a president that they can't control I'm not that trust Osinbajo because he is a pastor .But this people can't control Tinubu.
ImmaculateJOE:

I once helped some of their women filled the bank details.. But when I asked them what it was all about, they became smart.

They are pushing for Godwin Emefele because of the so many benefits CBN have gifted them.
Re: Arewa Youths: Osinbajo Seeking Immunity Against Prosecution With 2023 Ambition by techWriter3: 9:13am On Apr 04, 2022
Like if you say politicians owe the presidential,stock if you have not
Re: Arewa Youths: Osinbajo Seeking Immunity Against Prosecution With 2023 Ambition by JOemmy(m): 10:33am On Apr 04, 2022
He is obviously following the footsteps of his godfather. grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Odogwu; Kidnap Kingpin's Residence Demolished By Ichi Community / 2023: Why I Will Step Down From Pursuing My Presidential Ambition, Wike Reveals / Argument On Zoning: Why Did Nairaland Delete This Video?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.