Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi (35104 Views)

Sheikh Khalid Suspended For Criticising Buhari Over Kaduna Train Bombing / Goodluck Jonathan: Farida Waziri Lied About Why She Was Sacked / Atiku’s Withdrawal From The Debate Is A Tactical Masterstroke! - Farooq Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi by kirajustice: 7:28pm On Apr 04, 2022
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

Foremost Columnist, Farooq Kperogi has revealed why Sheikh Nuru Khalid was sacked by Apo Legislators’ Quarters Central Mosque Committee. Kperogi disclosed that the move was closely related to the 2023 Presidential Elections.

Below is a full statement from Kperogi, made available to POLITICS NIGERIA on Monday about the incident;

"Someone sent me this memo that the Apo Legislators’ Quarters Central Mosque Committee sent to the intrepid Sheikh Nuru Khalid informing him of the termination of his appointment as Imam of the Apo Juma'at Mosque for telling truth to power."

"The person who shared it with me was at once bemused and amused by its hilarious grammatical infelicities, but I honestly don’t care about that. As a student of Freudian psychoanalysis, I’m always interested in exploring the underlying motives that “innocent” mistakes reveal."

"The first sentence of the memo says the Sheikh had been disengaged “today the 4th day of April 2023.” We all know today is the 4th day of April 2022. The committee obviously meant to write “2022” but wrote “2023” in error."

"Sigmund Freud taught that some slip-ups in speech (and in writing) can provide a window into people’s unconscious, suppressed but nonetheless important thought-processes.The slip-ups unintentionally expose what troubles them, what they’re obsessed with but which they seek to suppress from their conscious thoughts."

"Adams Oshiomhole, for example, infamously said for democracy to thrive people must learn to accept the “pain of rigging” (before correcting his slip-up and saying “losing”) shortly after engineering the massive rigging of the governorship election in Osun State, which Buhari also confessed was won through “remote control.”

"Recall that the stickiest part of the Sheikh’s khutbah (sermon) was his exhortation that people should not come out to vote in 2023 if politicians won't or don’t make a commitment to protect the lives of everyday people who’re sitting ducks for terrorist bandits. “Let us be killed—we’ll not come out to vote since it’s only elections you people know,” he said.

"The “4th April 2023” slip-up betrays the committee members’ obsession (a word the memo inappropriately used in the first sentence of the last paragraph) with the 2023 election."

"But the fact that they’re frightened by the Sheikh’s threat that people won’t vote if there’s no guarantee that the killings will stop shows that they have no plans now or in the future to protect the lives of our people, which is actually a constitutional obligation they swore to uphold."

"Well, let’s keep the receipts for what they’re doing now because when the tables turn, i.e., when a Christian from the South becomes president, and they instrumentalize religion to oppose him or her, as they did in the past, we’ll remind them of this moment.We’ll remind them that they don’t love Islam, that they’re bloodthirsty, self-interested opportunists."

https://politicsnigeria.com/real-reason-sheikh-khalid-was-sacked-farooq-kperogi/

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi by BigRocky: 7:33pm On Apr 04, 2022
God no dey make mistake,but am not supposed to be sharing country with this northerners.

144 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 04, 2022
our politicians are the wicked set of people in the country, anything to them is politics,they didnot bother about the innocent people kidnapped or killed. sen Dansadau is from Zamfara state,and Dansadau town is the home of bandits. He cant even go to his constituency but refer his political seat than innocent lives..very sad

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi by SadiqBabaSani: 7:37pm On Apr 04, 2022
Farook will be a anoda version of FFK

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi by slawormiir: 7:45pm On Apr 04, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Isoright

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi by Urbanchampion: 7:45pm On Apr 04, 2022
Fool, always having a say on every matter. He ended up not saying anything reasonable here. He emphasised on an error that could have been a mere typographic. Today, I treated 3 letters and I repeatedly wrote " 4th March" instead of "4th April" it was a Cirp member, not even my Supervisor that noticed the error. In a small mind like that of this buffoon, I dey obsessed with March be that?
It's usually a problem for an aboki to go to school.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi by GboyegaD(m): 7:45pm On Apr 04, 2022
We have always known the elite don't care about religion and they only use it as a tool to suppress the masses. Where is religion when they loot? Where is religion when they kill to get into power?

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi by SensualMan1(m): 7:45pm On Apr 04, 2022
Family matters. We Jews no dey put mouth.

...after all like they do it

Allahu Akbar!
Booooooooooooooooooooooooom!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi by tillaman(m): 7:45pm On Apr 04, 2022
angry
Farooq Kperogi might be the next femi Adesina
Everyone get price so all these criticism might be for recognition
I don’t trust none y’all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi by 6sco: 7:45pm On Apr 04, 2022
There is freedom of speech. But I cannot guarantee freedom after speech. Welcome to Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi by KUNZEH(m): 7:46pm On Apr 04, 2022
Ok
Re: Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi by LibertyRep: 7:47pm On Apr 04, 2022
The faithfuls who worship in that mosque should also desert it for another mosque in solidarity with the sacked Imam.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi by israelmao(m): 7:47pm On Apr 04, 2022
Who cares about cock and boo story from Farooq?
Re: Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi by Mooh247: 7:47pm On Apr 04, 2022
cool
Re: Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi by chiefolododo(m): 7:47pm On Apr 04, 2022
Farooq Kperogi is dangerous , mixing half truth with half lie.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi by Tpave(m): 7:47pm On Apr 04, 2022
Islam is religion of peace

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi by Maxymilliano(m): 7:47pm On Apr 04, 2022
Amy dissenting voices against the clueless buffoon is to be silenced

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi by JAMO84: 7:48pm On Apr 04, 2022
This one always know everything

133 Likes

Re: Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi by othermen: 7:48pm On Apr 04, 2022
He was sacked for saying “life is sacred and killing is bad” threatening the recruitment of young ones by the lots that sacked him.

Or you don’t know it’s that same committee that is probably sponsoring the bandits and terror.

He was sacked because he had the effrontery to threaten apathetic politicians that there will be no one to vote them in the next election.

He was sacked because he was courageous enough to speak truth to power, that the government has failed in its primary responsibility of security of lives of his people.

They removed Emir Sanusi for even less.

He was sacked because he is a threat to the indifferent attitude of the northerners to their plight.

The sheikh now has a bigger megaphone. He is now more popular, he can be a voice of reason, inspiring away the apathetic average northern fellow reared in illiteracy, reared only to serve as a vote.

You know they are considering sacking Pastor Adeboye -right? They might just revisit his retirement.

Sheikh Nuru Khalid is a national treasure.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi by greatiyk4u(m): 7:48pm On Apr 04, 2022
Nothing critical in this analysis just to show his literal skills

Muslim sacking Muslim in the Nothern Nigeria shouldn't be my own worry, that na their cup of tea.

4 Likes

Re: Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi by MathewOG(m): 7:49pm On Apr 04, 2022
Abeg gettout.

Only north

Terrorism
Bandits
Insecurity
Child marriage
Hypocrites
Illiteracy etc

Una no dey shame?

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi by Kuriosmynd: 7:49pm On Apr 04, 2022
N
Re: Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi by Sekoni003(m): 7:50pm On Apr 04, 2022
Critically reading the works of Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung would surely set you on a path to the mastery of the human mind and behaviour most ppl would never reach in their lifetime...

As for the Imam and his people, it's not a surprise coming from a religion which teaches that it is a sin to criticize your leaders...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi by Justman2020: 7:50pm On Apr 04, 2022
Opor
Re: Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi by southsouthking(m): 7:50pm On Apr 04, 2022
Sheikh Khalid, my Man of the year.

Unfortunately we live in a country where the truth has rendered the common man hopeless.

One-day the masses will come out enmass to pounce on this retarrrrddds politifians.

When that day finally comes, they'll have no place to hide their heads.

5 Likes

Re: Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi by IPIGSRDOTARDS: 7:51pm On Apr 04, 2022
SadiqBabaSani:
Farook will be a anoda version of FFK
He's just another attention seeking MOFO.

132 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi by naijainstinct: 7:51pm On Apr 04, 2022
The poor composition of the letter alone shows the low intellect of its composer.

That said, I am ashamed of this country.

I am a Christian but I am beginning to feel nauseated by the obnoxious silence of the Christian body and leadership. Are they intimidated?

Worse incitive statements were said against Past President Jonathan even by the so-called learned politicians like El-Rufai, Fashola and co.

Today, no one dares speak the truth. Sometimes, I feel like......

The worst enemies of Nigeria and Nigerians are the ordinary Nigerians not even her leaders.

I see it in everyday and in everyway, we do not truly love ourselves.

7 Likes

Re: Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi by Houseofglam7(f): 7:52pm On Apr 04, 2022
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi by rattlesnake(m): 7:53pm On Apr 04, 2022
Nigerians government are terrorist jihadists

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Sheikh Khalid Was Sacked - Farooq Kperogi by sms4sure(m): 7:53pm On Apr 04, 2022
Nawa for this parogic of a man.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator Ben Murray-Bruce Spotted With Kwankwaso (Photos) / Buhari Scores 2.9 Million Votes In Kano APC Presidential Primaries / Sarkin Gurku, His Wife kidnapped By Unknown Gunmen In Nasarawa (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.