Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,148 members, 7,821,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water (20967 Views)

Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? / My Tenant Was Burnt To Death / What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by Mrkumareze(m): 5:31pm On Apr 05, 2022
Remove the pumping machine from electricity, separate the tanks too. Whoever that needs water should pump his own tank using gen. If asked the reason, tell him the pump cost more power

4 Likes

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by id4sho(m): 5:31pm On Apr 05, 2022
Install a separate prepaid meter.
Divert one tank for them.
Get a good electrician who will put separate power point for the borehole.

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by 2special(m): 5:33pm On Apr 05, 2022
Ropostic120:
I have stayed in a house of one Jehovah witness man like that and he would always not allow me and my wife to use water very well by locking the main tap to the house. He said my wife was using too much water then. Water that God is giving to us free of charge.If God were to be a human being, meeeeeeeh wahala for Don kill us all.
Humans are just too wicked and confused especially we black race.
yes, it's free gift of nature, probably you don't know the rate pumping machine consume energy.

5 Likes

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by Saao(m): 5:33pm On Apr 05, 2022
blackmamber:
Hello room
I Have a duplex here in lekki which also has a 1bedroom flat in the same block for Rents

There’s a bathtub in every toilet including the 1bedroom flat I rented out

I decided to rent the 1bed room flat to this man. He’s a lawyer and he is married ,what I noticed is that his wife is jobless and she waste too much water
They use the bathtub everyday and that consume about 400litters *(2) =800 litters of water and also uses the washing machine daily
This bothers me because we are using the same prepaid meters and I am the one who pays the basic amount
He pays just 6k every month which this last bills was 34,600 naira for electricity

Before I got the tenant ,I pay just 6k-8k per month for electricity

I use to pump the storex twice in a week but now sometimes 2 times in a day
She washes and use the bath tube everyday , the machine and use other appliances

Please how do I caution this people since they moved in I paid for another prepaid meter and nothing is delivered till now
it's a common issues but u made a mistake from onset. U shouldn't have specify the amount rather 60% 40% share of electricity. Most of the smaller apartments, consumed almost exactly as the big ones. Best option in my opinion, get him out and get new tenant and correct the mistake.

3 Likes

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by agbonkamen(f): 5:33pm On Apr 05, 2022
Abeg allow them use water, na free gift from God. grin grin
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 05, 2022
Hustle the second prepaid meter and save ur sanity
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by kushme: 5:34pm On Apr 05, 2022
blackmamber:
Hello room
I Have a duplex here in lekki which also has a 1bedroom flat in the same block for Rents

I decided to rent the 1bed room flat to this man. He’s a lawyer and he is married ,what I noticed is that his wife is jobless and she waste too much water
They use the bathtub everyday and that consume about 400litters *(2) =800 litters of water and also uses the washing machine daily
This bothers me because we are using the same prepaid meters and I am the one who pays the basic amount
He pays just 6k every month which this last bills was 34,600 naira for electricity

She washes and use the bath tube everyday , the machine and use other appliances

Please how do I caution this people since they moved in I paid for another prepaid meter and nothing is delivered till now

Baba, it will be hard to caution them. i have observed this for a while now. And i also know this due to experience. women know how to waste basic resources, I once said they are mostly the reason men and nations go into debt.

Just see the way some careless and selfish females on this forum would try to defend her actions and even insult you.

4 Likes

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by AutoChick4U(f): 5:34pm On Apr 05, 2022
blackmamber:
Hello room

How did u know they use bathtub everyday?

3 Likes

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by lalalista: 5:34pm On Apr 05, 2022
Share the Bill equally
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by Powerexpert: 5:35pm On Apr 05, 2022
blackmamber:

Simple solution.
1. Have a separate prepaid meter
2. Have a dual control for the pump
3. Have a separate storex

I've xperienced this before, you can't compare your own usage with theirs. Also desist from pocknosing into their affairs.

The Last straw that broke the camel's back in my case was when in their absence a third party had to pump and of which I had no control over.

I brought my control knowledge into play and did a dual control contactor where I can pump and they can pump as well.

An xor logic can solve this or you can feel the pump to know when they are pumping.

Enabled the option of mains or gen to power the contactor.

If contactor is too much you can use a simple switch or circuit breaker or let your electrician come up with something.

2 Likes

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by Ropostic120(m): 5:37pm On Apr 05, 2022
2special:
yes, it's free gift of nature, probably you don't know the rate pumping machine consume energy.

Pumping machine consumes energy a lot I know. Moderation is the key here also and the landlord shouldn't be too wicked to stop the water supply to his tenants because they are wasting too much of water. They should find a way of resolving the matter. The landlord didn't come to me and my wife to complain.He was just stopping the water supply to our flats and telling people at the back we are wasting water too much. That doesn't make sense to me enough.
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by poiZon: 5:37pm On Apr 05, 2022
blackmamber:
Hello room

Be patient Sir, just keep being patient till the prepaid meter ia delivered. Or u can try see whether u can fastrack the delivery before time.
Just keep doing like mumu, if possible seperate their storage tank supplies from the main building.
Once their water finishes, they can go out and look for water.

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by seborrhic: 5:38pm On Apr 05, 2022
BusinessPlan22:

His wife isn't jobless fool. Being a nursing mum is a full time job
Don't mind the Op.
He could have tabled the issue without mentioning the work status of the wife because that's not his fu cking business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 05, 2022
blackmamber:
Hello room

Don't confront them. Speed up the process of getting the meter instead.

You may need to settle the PHCN dudes to speed things up, but don't think of it as an expense since you'll pay it as part of the bill anyway.

The husband will caution to the wife himself.

As for the water, you should get a 3rd meter for that or if you can afford it, get them a tank and pumping machine, and connect it to their meter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by pipedraft: 5:41pm On Apr 05, 2022
Contact us for water treatment plant installation.. We treat water to be free of lron, Odour, bacteria, Salt. Etc.
Contact. Geoken on. 08060360538
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by Blaksheep01: 5:41pm On Apr 05, 2022
AutoChick4U:
How did u know they use bathtub everyday?

I'm really interested in this question. Are u monitoring ur tenants.

Split the bill equally with ur tenants until u are ready to provide them an independent water supply. And also being a house wife is a full time job. With lot of benefits. I come back home from work tired and fresh food is already prepared for me. House is always neat no excuse. Laundry done on daily basis not piling up smelling laundry until weekend b4 u wash because u want to save water. Pls be guided.

2 Likes

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by Maobichek: 5:42pm On Apr 05, 2022
blackmamber:
Hello room

I understand your plight clearly but is the #34600 for one month? I asked because some homes pays 60/65k on prepaid metre per month.

Try and get the new prepaid metre so that this issue will be a thing of the past. I was told last week that one phase prepaid metre in FCT is now 60/63k, ask questions on how to get it in Lag and avoid being tagged "a wicked landlord."

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by Foreseer: 5:43pm On Apr 05, 2022
blackmamber:
Hello room

Stingy landlord undecided

You didn't mention how much you rented the apartment undecided

The wife washes everyday as if she runs a laundry shop shocked

She uses the bathtub as her habitat as if she does nothing else grin

You never talk true! Believe this story at your own gullibility.
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by OlawaleBammie: 5:43pm On Apr 05, 2022
blackmamber:
Hello room

get them their own prepaid and storex, wahala no dey inside
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by CorperKola: 5:44pm On Apr 05, 2022
They are prolly lowkey doing landry business

5 Likes

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by mrdino(m): 5:44pm On Apr 05, 2022
blackmamber:
Hello room

Do everything within your power (even if you have to bribe your way through) to fast track the delivery of the prepaid meter. This is the only way you can make them feel the full weight of their excessive consumption, without any form of rancour.

4 Likes

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by house10s2: 5:45pm On Apr 05, 2022
seborrhic:
What's your fu cking concern with the joblessness of the wife.
You own house in Lekki and no one would hear word again.
Do u know why the wife is jobless & has the husband come to complain to u?Do u know if she has a health condition that will make working difficult for her or if she has been trying to secure a job without success?
F ucking landlord priving into the private lives of his tenant!
If the water consumption is the issue take it up with the husband.You have concluded it's the wife's joblessness that is the reason she is using the bath-up excessively.
At worst you give them quit notice and get a tenant that would use the bath-up once a week!!
see as u carry another person matter for head.

he pointed out she is always home cause she got no job

2 Likes

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by Blaksheep01: 5:45pm On Apr 05, 2022
kushme:

Baba, it will be hard to caution them. i have observed this for a while now. And i also know this due to experience. women know how to waste basic resources, I once said they are mostly the reason men and nations go into debt.

Just see the way some careless and selfish females on this forum would try to defend her actions and even insult you.

Pls speak for ur own woman dont just generalise.

2 Likes

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by Electroweb(m): 5:45pm On Apr 05, 2022
Since you know how much you spend in a month prior to the tenant moving in, just minus this amount from what you spend now that you have someone sharing meter with you. This amount is what he is consuming. Pass this amount to him to bear.

On my own matter, getting a prepaid meter. Sighs. Getting a prepaid meter is now like getting a tourist visa to US, Canada, UK even with all your money. What a country!

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by oluwaseyi0: 5:45pm On Apr 05, 2022
Ropostic120:
I have stayed in a house of one Jehovah witness man like that and he would always not allow me and my wife to use water very well by locking the main tap to the house. He said my wife was using too much water then. Water that God is giving to us free of charge.If God were to be a human being, meeeeeeeh wahala for Don kill us all.
Humans are just too wicked and confused especially we black race.

How is God given you free when he's using his prepaid meter to pump it or is the pumping machine connected to you

4 Likes

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by shogsman(m): 5:45pm On Apr 05, 2022
My friend back home is facing the same thing,what he did is worked a channel for generator to pump the water,so whenever they overuse water they have to use Thier fuel to pump it themselves, afterall landlord tank should be different from tenants

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 5:45pm On Apr 05, 2022
Nothing No Go See For This Blogging Business
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by EASYGURU(m): 5:46pm On Apr 05, 2022
immortalcrown:
Na you Bleep up. You know say you go rent out the apartment, you for give the apartment separate meter.

Two options:
(1)
Install a separate meter and a separate overhead tank for the tenant's apartment.

(2)
Give the tenant a quit notice and have no other tenant when the current one leaves.

This commenter does not understand human nature well. Either the tenant and his wife think they pay you too much money and they do those things to hurt you, or the wife is a spoilt slay queen that is addicted to wasting money and resources. Therefore, talking to them cannot help. The man, being a lawyer, may even bring up a silly logic.

Listen to iyaebe at your own peril. That woman comments at all times, on every thread and yet contributes nothing of values. Tueh

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by CreativeLuvDoc: 5:46pm On Apr 05, 2022
Very simple problem

Get them a new meter

If you don't mind, if PHCN asks for money to get the new prepaid meter, pay for it.

Separate your meter from theirs.

Let them start paying for their light.

SECONDLY, call an experienced bore hole company to separate the tank that supplies water to their flat from the one that supplies to your own.

When water finishes in their tank let them pump by themselves.

The only problem is the pumping machine. Ask a good plumber if there's a way to get a new sumo pumping machine for their own flat. If its not that expensive, go for it.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by lookingfly: 5:47pm On Apr 05, 2022
blackmamber:
Hello room

you land lord/lady with your unnecessary trouble.......oga, get everyone there prepaid meter and tank and stop disturbing us. My land lady can disturb, even if i spit, she will complain!

2 Likes

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by slowice(m): 5:47pm On Apr 05, 2022
Folks be giving silly advice up in here..... Oga sir, nor mind them.

Try and get them their own meter(which you should ve done from get go) and then give them their own overhead tank. This is the final and most reasonable solution.

2 Likes

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by FireUpNow(m): 5:48pm On Apr 05, 2022
Pewy to God to bless the tenant so that the tenant can his or her own house and face what owning a house is

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

House On Fire This Morning In Owerri- Firemen Worked With Muftis / Ikeja Gra Mansion For 475 Milion / SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.