Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water (20963 Views)

Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? / My Tenant Was Burnt To Death / What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by Irishrena1(f): 2:13am On Apr 06, 2022
blackmamber:
Hello room
I Have a duplex here in lekki which also has a 1bedroom flat in the same block for Rents

There’s a bathtub in every toilet including the 1bedroom flat I rented out

I decided to rent the 1bed room flat to this man. He’s a lawyer and he is married ,what I noticed is that his wife is jobless and she waste too much water
They use the bathtub everyday and that consume about 400litters *(2) =800 litters of water and also uses the washing machine daily
This bothers me because we are using the same prepaid meters and I am the one who pays the basic amount
He pays just 6k every month which this last bills was 34,600 naira for electricity

Before I got the tenant ,I pay just 6k-8k per month for electricity

I use to pump the storex twice in a week but now sometimes 2 times in a day
She washes and use the bath tube everyday , the machine and use other appliances

Please how do I caution this people since they moved in I paid for another prepaid meter and nothing is delivered till now

Connect them directly to the NEPA pole without registering the line (to avoid excessive billing from PHED) and use their line to be pumping the water until their meter arrives.

In the mean time, arrange another tank for their apartment
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by Dshocker(m): 6:48am On Apr 06, 2022
blackmamber:
Hello room
I Have a duplex here in lekki which also has a 1bedroom flat in the same block for Rents

There’s a bathtub in every toilet including the 1bedroom flat I rented out

I decided to rent the 1bed room flat to this man. He’s a lawyer and he is married ,what I noticed is that his wife is jobless and she waste too much water
They use the bathtub everyday and that consume about 400litters *(2) =800 litters of water and also uses the washing machine daily
This bothers me because we are using the same prepaid meters and I am the one who pays the basic amount
He pays just 6k every month which this last bills was 34,600 naira for electricity

Before I got the tenant ,I pay just 6k-8k per month for electricity

I use to pump the storex twice in a week but now sometimes 2 times in a day
She washes and use the bath tube everyday , the machine and use other appliances

Please how do I caution this people since they moved in I paid for another prepaid meter and nothing is delivered till now

Try as much as possible to get another prepaid meter,that can solve the problem by 50%
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by NNAMDIII(m): 7:45am On Apr 06, 2022
seborrhic:
What's your fu cking concern with the joblessness of the wife.
You own house in Lekki and no one would hear word again.
Do u know why the wife is jobless & has the husband come to complain to u?Do u know if she has a health condition that will make working difficult for her or if she has been trying to secure a job without success?
F ucking landlord priving into the private lives of his tenant!
If the water consumption is the issue take it up with the husband.You have concluded it's the wife's joblessness that is the reason she is using the bath-up excessively.
At worst you give them quit notice and get a tenant that would use the bath-up once a week!!
Nagode Oga sir!
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by kernniejay(m): 9:55am On Apr 06, 2022
kushme:

Quite insensitive and wasteful of them.

Abeg, I wan confirm something, how many females are in this insensitive mammy water-wasting family?
Funny enough. Only one female and about five guys.

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by Eastcaostboy: 10:58am On Apr 06, 2022
immortalcrown:
Na you mess up. You know say you go rent out the apartment, you for give the apartment separate meter and separate tank.

Two options:
(1)
Install a separate meter and a separate overhead tank for the tenant's apartment.

(2)
Give the tenant a quit notice and have no other tenant when the current one leaves.

This commenter does not understand human nature well. Either the tenant and his wife think they pay you too much money and they do those things to hurt you, or the wife is a spoilt slay queen that is addicted to wasting money and resources. Therefore, talking to them cannot help. The man, being a lawyer, may even bring up a silly logic.
It's your house if I'm right. Call him and show him the previous bills befor they packed in and the sudden hike. Or better still get a separate meter for them and end it once and for all. It's your house you don't need to be scared of any tenant no matter his/her profession
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by kushme: 12:11pm On Apr 06, 2022
kernniejay:

Damn sad . A family of seven finishing a Gee pee per day. Let me guess, some of the guys have potbellies or are fat/large fvcks(eating every thing they see) and they take their fine boy style too personal, reason they careless about other tenants. So, they must stay clean with a lot of steady and daily washing...
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by mixmastering: 10:11pm On Apr 09, 2022
happney65:

Thank you. You have said the truth. You don't want any issh,get them a prepaid metre to bear the cost of water pumping not telling them they will wait till your own water finishes. Yet they are not living there for free. Yet they pay huge amount of money but to do your part to make life easier for them,it is difficult for you but when it comes to rent collection you go dey ranju all about

Na Buhari we go dey blame,when in essence we sef worst pass Buhari

Rubbish
Yeah, after paying huge rent, you want to control their water usage, control their electricity generation.

Do you know how much water a woman with kids consume?? Just washing their clothes or diapers alone can finish a drum of water. Then she would have to cook do the dishes, bathe them, Plus a man that would need to wash his car, his dirty office clothes.....

Landlords and Landladies, learn to be humane in your decisions. Do not always see things from the view of your comfort only.
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by mixmastering: 10:59pm On Apr 09, 2022
kushme:

I said it, even you know say your wife dey waste the water then... Yes, water is free, but do they have to use it until the last drop.

I have the semi arid region experience and I know how difficult it is to get water. A place Where you learn to manage water.

Again, in another location where both single men and women live, you'll see the single females buying water everyday as compared to the single guys. Ask mai-ruwa.

Why is this God given free gift abundant and unequally distributed in different regions? Is it fair? If you ask me, I would say nature/geography has created the perspectives, while some people see it as "use" some see it as "waste".
Water crisis and depletion are real.

And you do not know women use more water as a matter of personal hygiene?
As in, from childhood you do know this?
You even called it wastage.

The women buying more water from the Mai ruwa should have confirmed this to you, yet you call it wastage even when they are the ones paying for it?

Women wash their undies more than once a day, how many times do you wash your boxers in a week?
They should wash with saliva to prove they can manage?

The Landlord in this thread does not reside in a Location were water is scarce.

She is bearing the brunt of her tenants water usage in terms of cost and she can solve this by ensuring that Lanlords and tenants do not share amenities.

The moment she stops bearing the cost of their water usage, she would stop noticing how they use it.
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by mixmastering: 11:06pm On Apr 09, 2022
teemy:

The Units difference can be used then

Like someone asked earlier, the water pump might not even be the problem, but the Air Conditioners.

Landlords and Ladies, stop sharing amenities with your tenants.
Do the right thing before letting anyone in, get each flat you want to rent out their prepaid meters.
Trust me, you don't want to also settle fights consistently among your tenants because of light bill.

To be a Landlord or lady is not about collecting rent alone.
Do the right thing.
And never forget this, you are not GOD.

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by mixmastering: 11:17pm On Apr 09, 2022
happney65:

You mean in the house the tenants pay for, they can't get to pump water for themselves until water finishes in your own tank?

Please make this clear to me as I do not seem to understand.

Wickedness at its peak.
I pity the family.

They must be dealing with dirty toilet.

If anyone of them is suffering dysentery or diarrhea at any point in time, I pity the sanitary condition of the house.

If they have kids I pity the poor wife.

1 Like

Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by mixmastering: 11:25pm On Apr 09, 2022
kernniejay:

He wanted to lay the blame on the females.
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by interkollins: 8:48pm On Jul 13, 2022
Ekejoestar:

A single borehole was used and the two tanks were set on the same level of scaffolding platform, the pipes that brings water from the borehole will supply water to both tanks concurrently but the overflowing switch that switches off the machine is inside my tank so that means that once my tank is full, it will switch off automatically, I don't need to be checking when the tank is full. Hope you understand?

Quote me in a dead thread so that I can send you a sketch drawing of how it works.

Could you please send the sketch drawing of how it works for better understanding. Thanks alot
"I'd sent you an email by the way!"
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by okine4real: 12:33pm On Jul 15, 2022
interkollins:

Could you please send the sketch drawing of how it works for better understanding. Thanks alot
"I'd sent you an email by the way!"

its a simple machine called Floating switch. the job of the switch is to switch off and on the submersible pumping machine. once the water in the tank is low, it would switch on the pumping machine automatically and once the tank is full, it would also switch off the pumping machine. its a very known machine.
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by cepmamullay1977: 3:45pm On Jun 12, 2023
Geepee Plumbing & Water Supply is one of the leading providers of plumbing and water supply services in Nigeria. They offer a wide range of services including installation, maintenance, and repairs of water supply systems, septic tanks, and other related services. With their immense experience, they are able to provide reliable and efficient services to their customers. For a comprehensive review of Geepee Plumbing & Water Supply, please visit http://topratedreviews.great-site.net/2023/06/09/geepee-plumbing-a-comprehensive-review-of-nigerias-top-water-supply-company/.

Geepee Plumbing & Water Supply is known for their top-notch customer service and dedication to their clients. They are committed to providing quality services at competitive prices and strive to exceed customer expectations. Their team of certified professionals is available 24/7 to handle any plumbing and water supply related emergency. They also offer a wide range of maintenance and repair services to ensure that your plumbing system is working efficiently and correctly.

Geepee Plumbing & Water Supply has a comprehensive selection of products and supplies for all kinds of plumbing needs. From pipes and fittings to water heaters and pumps, they have everything you need to ensure your plumbing system is running smoothly. They also offer a range of other services such as septic tank cleaning, sewage line cleaning, and drain cleaning. All of their services are available at competitive rates and they are committed to providing the highest levels of customer satisfaction.

Geepee Plumbing & Water Supply is committed to providing the best quality services in Nigeria. They pride themselves on their commitment to safety and environmental protection and strive to provide the best possible services at the most affordable prices. If you're looking for a reliable and efficient plumbing and water supply company in Nigeria, Geepee Plumbing & Water Supply is the perfect choice. For a comprehensive review of Geepee Plumbing & Water Supply, please visit http://topratedreviews.great-site.net/2023/06/09/geepee-plumbing-a-comprehensive-review-of-nigerias-top-water-supply-company/.
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by erico2k2(m): 4:44pm On Jun 12, 2023
seborrhic:
What's your fu cking concern with the joblessness of the wife.
You own house in Lekki and no one would hear word again.
Do u know why the wife is jobless & has the husband come to complain to u?Do u know if she has a health condition that will make working difficult for her or if she has been trying to secure a job without success?
F ucking landlord priving into the private lives of his tenant!
If the water consumption is the issue take it up with the husband.You have concluded it's the wife's joblessness that is the reason she is using the bathtub excessively.
At worst you give them quit notice and get a tenant that would use the bathtub once a week!!
The bolded OFF ME grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Tenant Wastes Too Much Water by itinsolri1974: 5:20pm On Jun 13, 2023
Geepee Plumbing & Water Supply is one of Nigeria's leading water supply companies. Their experienced and dedicated team of engineers and technicians use modern technology and techniques to ensure exceptional quality and efficiency in all their projects. To learn more about Geepee Plumbing & Water Supply and their services, check out this comprehensive review of their company at topratedreviews_great-site_net/2023/06/09/geepee-plumbing-a-comprehensive-review-of-nigerias-top-water-supply-company/. Geepee Plumbing & Water Supply has been a leader in the industry for many years and is dedicated to providing the best service and quality of products to their customers. With their experienced and knowledgeable team, Geepee Plumbing & Water Supply is the perfect choice for anyone looking for a reliable and cost-effective water supply provider in Nigeria..

It provides a detailed overview of their services, customer satisfaction ratings, and more. They are committed to providing reliable and cost-effective water supply solutions that meet the needs of their customers.

They are committed to providing reliable and cost-effective water supply solutions that meet the needs of their customers.

With their experienced and knowledgeable team, Geepee Plumbing & Water Supply is the perfect choice for anyone looking for a reliable and cost-effective water supply provider in Nigeria..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

House On Fire This Morning In Owerri- Firemen Worked With Muftis / Ikeja Gra Mansion For 475 Milion / SCAM ALERT!!!! Beware Of A Builder Called Egbosajohnny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.