Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,428 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses Open Kingdom Halls, To Start House-To-House Visits - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses Open Kingdom Halls, To Start House-To-House Visits (27145 Views)

Jehovah’s Witnesses Open Kingdom Halls Two Years After COVID-19 Lockdown / Tunde Bakare Donates Church Halls To Lagos, Ogun As Isolation Centres / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jehovah's Witnesses Open Kingdom Halls, To Start House-To-House Visits by FullBlastLight: 2:22pm On Apr 05, 2022
“House-to-house visits don start” – Nigerians react as Jehovah’s Witnesses open Kingdom Halls two years after COVID-19 lockdown.

Jehovah’s Witnesses have opened their places of worship, known as Kingdom Halls, two years after they were shut worldwide due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The group’s spokesperson in Nigeria, Olusegun Eroyemi, in a video announcement noted that its public activities were suspended to prevent the spread of COVID-19 among members and their friends.

In his words: “ We didn’t want to be associated with spreading COVID. We didn’t want it to be said that someone contracted COVID because he attended a function organised by Jehovah’s witnesses. That was why we had to wait until what we thought was a good time to go and this time, we think, is the right time.

“ These are difficult but not hopeless times. Attending one of these special events will provide the needed courage to look to the future with confidence in God’s promises.”

While the Kingdom Halls were shut, members of the religious group held their services virtually.

Aas the worshipping centers are now open, reports confirmed that all activities, including their famous house-to–house visits will begin.

A socila media user on Facebook reacted saying : “Finally, people go come knock for my door."

Someone said, "Finally we will see people tucked in with bags and umbrella moving around on Saturdays."

Here's what another said, "Finally, we will have access to AWAKE and other magazines.”

What do you say too?

https://referencedailynews.com/?p=38915&amp

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Open Kingdom Halls, To Start House-To-House Visits by FullBlastLight: 2:23pm On Apr 05, 2022

6 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Open Kingdom Halls, To Start House-To-House Visits by IgweBUIKE1(m): 2:28pm On Apr 05, 2022
But God can heal all diseases except you re not practicing what you preach... But for me no mission impossible with God

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Open Kingdom Halls, To Start House-To-House Visits by nairavsdollars(f): 2:28pm On Apr 05, 2022
very orderly and civil people but they can go overboard in their teachings like don't accept blood, don't do birthday

128 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Open Kingdom Halls, To Start House-To-House Visits by Dankovich1: 2:36pm On Apr 05, 2022
Na en be say I go dey expect knock on my door frequently from you guys any moment from now. grin

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Open Kingdom Halls, To Start House-To-House Visits by Laggafin: 3:00pm On Apr 05, 2022
It's a good one..@ least I will begin to see beautiful young damsels knocking @ my door to preach the Gospel grin

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Open Kingdom Halls, To Start House-To-House Visits by SmartProf(m): 3:10pm On Apr 05, 2022
Laggafin:
It's a good one..@ least I will begin to see beautiful young damsels knocking @ my door to preach the Gospel grin
One Jehovah's witness brother with umbrella and brief case will accompany your targeted damsel, making it almost impossible for any juicy moment to occur between u and any of their babes.

161 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Open Kingdom Halls, To Start House-To-House Visits by Laggafin: 3:14pm On Apr 05, 2022
SmartProf:

One Jehovah's witness brother with umbrella and brief case will accompany your targeted damsel, making it almost impossible for any juicy moment to occur between u and any of their babes.
Hahaha.. e choke. Ahswear I will tell the brother I want to hear the Gospel only from the girl .. he should just excuse himself

16 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Open Kingdom Halls, To Start House-To-House Visits by mymadam(m): 3:21pm On Apr 05, 2022
Laggafin:

Baad guy... Haba grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Open Kingdom Halls, To Start House-To-House Visits by YeyeGbami: 3:21pm On Apr 05, 2022
There was a time that Awake magazine b like comic book. I often look forward to grab a copy.

- We’re not selling but you can drop something to have it.

57 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Open Kingdom Halls, To Start House-To-House Visits by Draslo(m): 3:22pm On Apr 05, 2022
I have grown to become a believer in the one true creator of the universe, not in any religion that tells me how The Creator is through the eyes of Men that have long since died. Christians bash Muslims and vice versa when they're exactly the same thing. Both have the same foundations but different ideologies thanks to the brains of some men. The Christians were terrorists many years after 313AD when Christianity became the official religion of the Roman empire. They shoved it down people's throats just like the Muslim terrorists have been doing for a couple of hundreds of years. Christians have come a long way from 313AD, I know and also I'm not trying to sympathize with Muslim terrorists but as a race of higher animals, by now we should be moving toward a single religion in the next couple of thousand years. Lets begin to embrace the fact that whether you like it or not, you share the same Creator with your fellow Africans, Hindus, Buddha's children, Christians, Muslims, Pagans, Atheists, Wiccans, Scientologists, etc.

We are one.

p.s Thats how one person posted a testimony and said the Lord of Chosen, the God of my pastor!! you dey ment??!!
Also I'm not JW just incase you're drifting that way.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Open Kingdom Halls, To Start House-To-House Visits by xpressionx(m): 3:22pm On Apr 05, 2022
Nice

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Open Kingdom Halls, To Start House-To-House Visits by newguy365: 3:22pm On Apr 05, 2022
this is the church or better still, confraternity I hate the most.

A "church" that will never allow you to pray for them
A "church" that will invite you to their "kingdom hall" but will never attend yours, even if you have billions in your church
A "church" that will never be part of your any Christian gathering
A "church" that will never marry from other churches
A "church" that will rather see you die than allow technology to help you and yet use technologies everyday
A "church" that see every celebration as abomination (no joy)

I have more to say but let me stop here.
I will rather become a Muslim that think of going to JW

If I see any of their members near my house, I will shoot the madafacka

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Open Kingdom Halls, To Start House-To-House Visits by Bohheda: 3:23pm On Apr 05, 2022
Orisirisi nonsense

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Open Kingdom Halls, To Start House-To-House Visits by bluefilm: 3:23pm On Apr 05, 2022
Nonsense.

I don't expect to see any of them anywhere near my house.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Open Kingdom Halls, To Start House-To-House Visits by MogbeModaran: 3:23pm On Apr 05, 2022
Make no one enter my house o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Open Kingdom Halls, To Start House-To-House Visits by Mindlog: 3:24pm On Apr 05, 2022
Funny enough, I miss the arguments I used to have with them years back when they come preaching. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Open Kingdom Halls, To Start House-To-House Visits by raphroye: 3:24pm On Apr 05, 2022
This man weh come dey drag my Saturday with me go resume again cry cry cry The thing is, these people should learn how to preach without condemning other denomination... I think I'll have to tell the man to stop coming to my house...No bad energy (preaching) for 2022

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Open Kingdom Halls, To Start House-To-House Visits by Babamsa: 3:25pm On Apr 05, 2022
Awon eleribu gbogbo
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Open Kingdom Halls, To Start House-To-House Visits by AFULA(m): 3:25pm On Apr 05, 2022
Thank God
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Open Kingdom Halls, To Start House-To-House Visits by DankemzI(m): 3:25pm On Apr 05, 2022
Incredible,... I can't wait to here their preaching again

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Open Kingdom Halls, To Start House-To-House Visits by gambojimeta: 3:26pm On Apr 05, 2022
Since we are in Russia - Ukraine era, it is worth remembering that:

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Open Kingdom Halls, To Start House-To-House Visits by Alexpre11: 3:26pm On Apr 05, 2022
Y
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Open Kingdom Halls, To Start House-To-House Visits by dogooder: 3:26pm On Apr 05, 2022
They have opened the door for meeting but not to house to house visit yet.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Open Kingdom Halls, To Start House-To-House Visits by LaSenior: 3:26pm On Apr 05, 2022
cheesy

Dem no dey drink medicine that's why they closed kingdom hall

Imagine forcing someone who is against taking medication to be vaccinated
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Open Kingdom Halls, To Start House-To-House Visits by visijo(m): 3:26pm On Apr 05, 2022
Your handwriting is just your hands accent

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Open Kingdom Halls, To Start House-To-House Visits by Beedude(m): 3:26pm On Apr 05, 2022
These people again.
Anytime they come my house, i just tell them i am a muslim and even planning visit Mecca soon.
So no need to even give me any flier or tract to start discussing about.

Wetin you wan tell me wey i never hear before ?

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. / Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible / What You Must Do Before Getting Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.