Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,387 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK (8822 Views)

Nigerian Fraudster Conned Students Out Of £1.5m Online / Most Wanted Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In Sydney / Womanising Nigerian Fraudster Hijacked Identities Of Soldiers And Nurses To Open (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by gohome: 11:04am On Jul 05, 2011
£636,000 fraudster with 128 identities
By MIKE SULLIVAN, Crime Editor
Published: Today
A CONMAN used 128 fake IDs to steal £636,000 in a series of scams, a court heard yesterday.
David Peters, 30, fleeced banks, mortgage lenders and Government agencies.

Stunned cops called his identity theft the biggest they had ever discovered. He obtained 74 bogus driving licences after applying for them at a string of rural post offices.

Nigerian Peters also stole £168,575 in benefits from three London councils by claiming to be both tenant and landlord at the same address, the Old Bailey was told. Peters got a £250,000 mortgage for a house in Edgware, North London, a second mortgage on a flat in Essex worth £157,495 and took more than £60,000 from Lloyds TSB in a series of frauds.

Police said he had run his cons from 2002 until December last year.

Peters, who was also named as Oluseyi Jeremiah Adebayo on court documents, admitted 29 charges including fraud and possession of false identification documents. He will be sentenced tomorrow.

Detective Inspector Richard Fisher, of City of London Police, said after the hearing: "This is the biggest case of identity theft we have ever investigated.

"The sheer number of the fake identities we discovered are evidence of how Peters was a full-time fraudster funding a life of excess at the expense of others."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3677381/636000-fraudster-with-128-identities.html#ixzz1RDwRRNg2

Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by Afam4eva(m): 3:21pm On Jul 05, 2011
Naija I salute.
Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 05, 2011
eebo man.
shinedu
Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by tpia5: 6:13pm On Jul 05, 2011
can they please reveal/uncover his real parents so we can know exactly who he is.
Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by chubistone: 6:14pm On Jul 05, 2011
I bet his real name is not even David Peters, i can also bet he is not 30 yrs old!!!
Its always NIGERIANS all d time, keep d flag flying!!!
Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2011
tpia@:

can they please reveal/uncover his real parents so we can know exactly who he is.
chubistone:

I bet his real name is not even David Peters, i can also bet he is not 30 yrs old!!!
Its always NIGERIANS all d time, keep d flag flying!!!
this i think
who was also named as Oluseyi Jeremiah Adebayo on court documents, admitted 29 charges including fraud and possession of false identification documents. He will be sentenced tomorrow.
Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 05, 2011
what a life, I was expecting to see an ibo made,
Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by Andrew3(m): 6:33pm On Jul 05, 2011
they are ruining us leaving abroad, even those leaving in libya grin
Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by Rastamann: 6:54pm On Jul 05, 2011
Na wao o! but it is not only naijas that are involved in such scams. People from all works of life, colours of life and countries of living are involved but the important thing is that if you are cut then you have to face the music, so let Oluseyi Jeremiah Adebayo alais David Peters face the music and exhibit his good dancing steps in jail.
Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by Fhemmmy: 7:02pm On Jul 05, 2011
And yet we complain daily that our leaders are making us look bad outside the nation.
We complain that we are being treated unfairly by people that we come across?
Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 05, 2011
Ranks007:

embarassed
Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by Kalman(m): 7:36pm On Jul 05, 2011
Naija cannot carry the last oh!!!!!!!!!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by saintneo(m): 7:42pm On Jul 05, 2011
iwonbaoko:

eebo man.
shinedu
Ranks007:

I dey laugh o! Ndi Yoruba don come again o! Lol! How bad it is to find out it aint Igbo. . . . lol!

This guy tight o! 128 DLs . . . F**ked Lloyds, London Councils, mortgage coys . . . lol!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by ronkebp(f): 7:51pm On Jul 05, 2011
This is so embarrassing, God help us.
Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 05, 2011
the guy is igbo .the yoruba name is an alias
Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by 190: 8:00pm On Jul 05, 2011
he must be yoruba

definately yoruba nor be UK we dey talk about here
Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by Ngodigha: 8:00pm On Jul 05, 2011
iwonbaoko:

Shut up yor stinking mouth, idiott.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 05, 2011
your mama oluku
Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 05, 2011
otu nnegi miri miri. ewu
Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by executinal(m): 8:15pm On Jul 05, 2011
GOD Nigeria need serious deliverance, angry were are the pastors and imam we have in Nigeria?) We need GOD intervention now
Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by Demainman1: 8:23pm On Jul 05, 2011
Nigerians are surely living under generational curses cast on them by their fore fathers. All those gods they worshiped and pledge allegiance to are surely after their children.

Ifa, Ogun, Sango, Orunmila etc make una please oooooo

Our pastors, Naija need serious deliverance from all these evil. we need more prayers. The one wey una dey pray nefa do ooooo
Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by cvibe: 8:42pm On Jul 05, 2011
Naija again
Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by phreakabit(m): 8:43pm On Jul 05, 2011
Peters, who was also named as Oluseyi Jeremiah Adebayo on court documents

Printed in BOLD .  cool Good job by the met. police !
Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by aliali: 8:47pm On Jul 05, 2011
iwonbaoko:

otu nnegi miri miri. ewu

Chairman grin! is this dude not your brother?
Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 05, 2011
he is your mother's boyfriend
Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by ZnO: 8:51pm On Jul 05, 2011
Yoruba people sef
Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by vislabraye(m): 8:58pm On Jul 05, 2011
From what I can see, his name is Oluseyi j Adebayo. . Well done, keep the flag flying grin
Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 05, 2011
iwonbaoko:

this must be senato2, atimes this oduduwa boys dey amuse me grin
Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by candylips(m): 9:01pm On Jul 05, 2011
190:

he must be yoruba

huh
Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by mallorca(m): 9:17pm On Jul 05, 2011
190:

he must be yoruba

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by babaowo: 9:23pm On Jul 05, 2011
unlucky lol d money never reach bankole,abacha,ibru,ibb,own after nah oyinbo money lol.revenge of our fore father lollolo,d guy looks likes an ariste saheed balogun
Re: Nigerian Fraudster Caught With 128 Identities in the UK by babaowo: 9:27pm On Jul 05, 2011
unlucky lol d money never reach bankole,abacha,ibru,ibb,own after nah oyinbo money lol.revenge of our fore father lollolo,d guy looks likes an ariste saheed balogun

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun Second In Indian Hemp Cultivation In South-west – NDLEA / BREAKING: Arm Robbery At Fagba - Olaniyi Broad Daylight. Help !!! / Woman Nabbed For Defrauding 4 Barren Women Of N7.8m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.