Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim (32852 Views)

Obafunto Babalola, Missing UNILAG Student In Lagos - Family Cries Out / Usifo Ataga's Murder: Police Arrest 21-Year-Old UNILAG Student, Chidinma / I Was Gang-raped By 8 Students, Blackmailed, Unilag Student Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Rexymania(m): 10:42am On Apr 06, 2022
The guy is dumb. Anyway I love that Judge... He should Judge the Bamire (don't know if I got the name correctly) and the BRT guy's case.

2 Likes

Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Starke(m): 10:42am On Apr 06, 2022
Hn
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by illicit(m): 10:43am On Apr 06, 2022
Iyan ogun odun....
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by 404Dev: 10:44am On Apr 06, 2022
Rugaria:
Life imprisonment for rape!?
Is that what the constitution says? Or is our lordship making up the laws as he goes?
As heinous as rape is, and I want a severe punishment for offenders, judgement should be based on constitutional dictates applicable to such crime.
I think the judge here is simply using his courtroom to vent his frustrations on a stupid offender and that to me is unconditional too..
Always resist the urge to be foolish. You do not know the constitution more than a sitting judge.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by IslamIncest: 10:44am On Apr 06, 2022
saphiere:
Nigerian men and rape

These were the responses i got from a Nigerian man after calling out a rapist on my previous thread.

- A woman shouldn't visit a man when he is lonely.
- A woman shouldn't sit on a man's laps if she isn't in for sex.
- A man should rape a woman if she seduces him.

O my God. So it actually true that men do not have self-control
If I catch you for room.. Damn!

grin

1 Like

Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by amodujames(m): 10:45am On Apr 06, 2022
Rapists association won't like this tongue
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by house10s2: 10:45am On Apr 06, 2022
saphiere:
Nigerian men and rape

These were the responses i got from a Nigerian man after calling out a rapist on my previous thread.

women also don't have self control money money money give me give me give me
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by MedicH: 10:45am On Apr 06, 2022
they don destroy nyamiri... ahhhhh okechukwu why naa. u allow afonja brown roof, cone head judge to destroy you laids because ur prick no de rest ahhhhhh

1 Like

Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Stanweezy(m): 10:46am On Apr 06, 2022
Idonbilivit
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by kelspinall(m): 10:47am On Apr 06, 2022
hit the brothel or try soapy naa.now ur life don cast.
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by BRATISLAVA: 10:48am On Apr 06, 2022
GreyLaw:

The judge is a woman. They lose their head whenever they handle rape cases. By all means punish the offender, but follow the letter of the law.

And I hope one day someone introduces a bill to punish sexual assault. When you sit on a man's lap, ride him, grab his privates you have assaulted him if you did all that without permission. Being a woman doesn't give you anroght to be stupid.

They seduce and assault a man till he breaks down and pushes for sex. And when hat happens, they sue for rape.

I keep saying it, if you come near me to seduce me or touch me indiscriminately, I will give you a blinding slap that will resound for generations to come. Idiots!

Ironically, you will complain when men will be the largest victims of such a bill. From touching women unbidden in market places, to pressing themselves all over them in vehicles, you will be surprised.

Only in your world are men the victims when they rape women. Breaks down indeed, as if men are the only people to face seduction.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by hush15: 10:48am On Apr 06, 2022
saphiere:
Nigerian men and rape

women also should not give out their numbers casually cos they want their phones to be busy
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Golan007: 10:49am On Apr 06, 2022
Saxxon:

#500 toto that you will later use 20k to treat the STD she will give you. If you like no go find GF grin grin

grin
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Golan007: 10:50am On Apr 06, 2022
Rugaria:
Is that what the constitution says? Or is our lordship making up the laws as he goes?
As heinous as rape is, and I want a severe punishment for offenders, judgement should be based on constitutional dictates applicable to such crime.
I think the judge here is simply using his courtroom to vent his frustrations on a stupid offender and that to me is unconditional too..

Armed robbery was also involved.

2 Likes

Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by penocrat1(m): 10:50am On Apr 06, 2022
Redmi note 8
Fairly used phone
brand: xiaomi redmi note 8 pro
storage: 6gb ram + 64gb rom
camera: 64mp
battery: 5000mah
remarks: no scratches, no cracks, no fault with affordable price
No fault
Price 85k
Negotiable
Reason for selling: Rent is due
WhatsApp 08144739159

Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by ignis: 10:51am On Apr 06, 2022
saphiere:
Nigerian men and rape

The upper and lower brain does not function at same time.
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:51am On Apr 06, 2022
saphiere:
Just take a look at the response I got from a Nigerian man after I called out a rapist.
So a man should rape a woman because she seduced him?

Why would a woman seduce a man?

What is the intent?

To convert him to Christianity?

To arouse him and then take advantage of the arousal to ask him for favors?

Why? Tell me?

3 Likes

Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Poloyanabo2(m): 10:53am On Apr 06, 2022
saphiere:

https://punchng.com/man-bags-life-imprisonment-for-raping-unilag-student-judge-slams-victim/

lalasticlala
Life imprisonment is really unfair,
15 or 25years of imprisonment is justice,
This one here is madness
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by derecho(m): 10:53am On Apr 06, 2022
Waiting for the BRT ritualist cum rapist
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Charly68: 10:54am On Apr 06, 2022
God bless the judge in Jesus name .. we need this kind of ruthless judgement to serve as deterent to others in our society
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by 24brains(m): 10:54am On Apr 06, 2022
saphiere:
Nigerian men and rape

are you mad? Did you just say self control? What do you understand by "self-control?" to my understanding, the woman is clearly in control of the man's DICK with such sexual advances. just like tempting a hungry LION with a piece of meat in it's DEN. That's bull shit!!.
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by rickleye: 10:54am On Apr 06, 2022
Rugaria:

No it is not unconstitutional.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Cashio(m): 10:54am On Apr 06, 2022
She lured him after a full year?
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Gospel2Day: 10:55am On Apr 06, 2022
saphiere:
Nigerian men and rape

Both genders should be blamed.
In yonder days, a lady was deemed immoral and insensible if she visited a non-family male alone.
Don't tempt the self-control of a man by visiting him alone, wearing indecent dress, sitting on his laps, passing the night in his place.
If a lady does All the above and still doesn't want to have sex with the man, she should have her brains checked.
The crux is that females should not trust men who are not their family members.

1 Like

Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:55am On Apr 06, 2022
It is always good to control your sexual urge in other to avoid something like this.
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by KaluwisxPRO: 10:56am On Apr 06, 2022
Rugaria:

Clearly you don’t know anything about the constitution you’re quoting to be wrong. Go read laws on rape, judge did as the law permits.

1 Like

Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Rexymania(m): 10:57am On Apr 06, 2022
kelspinall:
hit the brothel or try soapy naa.now ur life don cast.

Soapy is the best

1 Like

Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by dollynnn(f): 10:57am On Apr 06, 2022
Rugaria:
That is the maximum punishment for the offence of rape.

Although judges in Nigeria hardly stretch the punishment of rape to its maximum punishment , aggravating factors in some cases may make them do so.

In this case, robbery and the attitude of the accused must have acted as aggravating factors

4 Likes

Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by eldoradoxx: 10:57am On Apr 06, 2022
Without being a lawyer and without supporting any form of rape, I can pick holes in the judgment.
How do u rape someone you know even have her phone number and talk with at gun point (believe, yes). What did the girl follow the accused to do at night at the dark admin building of Unilag. Those who have been to the university environment know the kind of consensual sezx that goes on around those dark corners at night.
Did the guy switch of his phone for the whole year only to switch it on and be lured by the said victim to her own party where he was arrested. If she had the rapist phone number, why didn't she give it to police to track and arrest him earlier.
The girl made up the story. She was not raped. She did it willingly and perhaps the deal did not go as planned.

1 Like

Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by SunTzu123(m): 10:58am On Apr 06, 2022
Rugaria:

Yes. Punishment for rape is life imprisonment in Lagos. It was signed into law like two? Years ago. Not sure exactly when.

2 Likes

Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Rexymania(m): 10:59am On Apr 06, 2022
It is well
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by 24brains(m): 11:00am On Apr 06, 2022
Poloyanabo2:

Life imprisonment is really unfair,
15 or 25years of imprisonment is justice,
This one here is madness
the whole thing is a frame up. Women keep killing men since the era of ADAM. he who avoids women avoids death.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Impersonates Gombe Governor Dankwambo Arrested (photo) / Suspected Badoo Member Apprehended At Ikorodu Area Of Lagos. Photos/video / Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.