Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim (32861 Views)

Obafunto Babalola, Missing UNILAG Student In Lagos - Family Cries Out / Usifo Ataga's Murder: Police Arrest 21-Year-Old UNILAG Student, Chidinma / I Was Gang-raped By 8 Students, Blackmailed, Unilag Student Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by SunTzu123(m): 11:24am On Apr 06, 2022
Poloyanabo2:
Ok, that is to say Lagos State operates an alternate constitution

Legally, Nigeria operates as a true Federation. States can have their own laws!
Some of us are clamouring for this (true federalism) to be applied in resource allocation. Such that states can use their own resources and give 10/11/15% to Abuja rather than controlling resources from the centre.
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Premiumwriter: 11:24am On Apr 06, 2022
Owolabani submitted that the survivor met the convict one year after the incident, invited him to her supposed birthday party and got him arrested.

This statement makes me want to question the judgement.

Like someone rapes you at gun point then stole your phone and one day you met the person face to face and the next thing is to invite him to your birthday party?

And seriously, if you have robbed and raped a person with your gun would you agree to their invite to a birthday party?

Seriously
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Rastaramsey(m): 11:25am On Apr 06, 2022
brightalo1010:

It doesn't matter. You rapists will always find a way to justify your senseless act of rape.

If you go to the bank and see loads of money that is not yours why not start taking it when caught you'll say the bank was tempting you with the cash.

No matter how a lady dressed like shouldn't give anyone rights to rape them. In sane countries all these una yeye excuses doesn't count at all.

Behave yourself and stop the rape excuses.

Calm your fucking blood grin grin

That boy that posted this has numerous accounts posing as a hardcore feminist.....

He cooked many stories before now....

Am just trying to get the efficacy of the news....

Am not in support of rape my brother....
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by osazsky(m): 11:26am On Apr 06, 2022
Rugaria:
Life imprisonment for rape!?
Is that what the constitution says? Or is our lordship making up the laws as he goes?
As heinous as rape is, and I want a severe punishment for offenders, judgement should be based on constitutional dictates applicable to such crime.
I think the judge here is simply using his courtroom to vent his frustrations on a stupid offender and that to me is unconditional too..
my point here is if its applicable to one it should be applicable to all..in d north rape is a normal thing and settled like a family matter..there should be a central law
.if murder caries death or life sentences it shouod be a central law..if stealing with the intence to cause harm carries 30 years it should be across.and all these emotional jugement or religious judgement or tribal judgement should stop.with the fastness of this judgement u dont need be told that the judge here is a single mother..then u dont ned to be told that its a one promiscuous male judge that is handling the chidima ..atagba case..then lets stop gender inequality jugdement..wat is given to men as judgement shouod be as well given to slay queens when cut up in crime.
Note there is no justificarion in this act ..all i want is a lvl playing ground and nigeria wil be better.
Women rape as well in this country..only whites sentence women to jail for rape..most female teachers fall for this.
They rape male student for reasons best known to them ..it is well
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Rastaramsey(m): 11:27am On Apr 06, 2022
Poloyanabo2:

The judge is very stupid and mad,
Yes rape deserves a severe punishment but the constitution prescribed between 15 to 25yrs imprisonment not life imprisonment,

Which kind madness be this,
The other day another mad dog judge sentenced a man to death for rape,
Aee they high on cocaine or what?

The news is false undecided
It is Another strategy from Fernandezisback and her other personalities to hit at men...
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Advancedman(m): 11:27am On Apr 06, 2022
saphiere:

https://punchng.com/man-bags-life-imprisonment-for-raping-unilag-student-judge-slams-victim/

lalasticlala

Arm robbery 21 years
Rape Life imprisonment

Yet children are raped and the perpetrator gets 6 years even 6 months in the northern part of Nigeria.
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Jennyclay(f): 11:28am On Apr 06, 2022
Good Judgement.

This is what should have happened to Yhungsarm, VOsimhen144, Boniwhite and other rapist on this forum. They should spend their miserable lives in jail.

I hope they face their consequences before the end of this month.

1 Like

Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Premiumwriter: 11:30am On Apr 06, 2022
eldoradoxx:
Without being a lawyer and without supporting any form of rape, I can pick holes in the judgment.
How do u rape someone you know even have her phone number and talk with at gun point (believe, yes). What did the girl follow the accused to do at night at the dark admin building of Unilag. Those who have been to the university environment know the kind of consensual sezx that goes on around those dark corners at night.
Did the guy switch of his phone for the whole year only to switch it on and be lured by the said victim to her own party where he was arrested. If she had the rapist phone number, why didn't she give it to police to track and arrest him earlier.
The girl made up the story. She was not raped. She did it willingly and perhaps the deal did not go as planned.
seriously too many loopholes.

An innocent man is being sentenced to life imprisonment.

I mean, you rape a girl at gun point and she invites you to a party and you went?
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by jrusky(m): 11:30am On Apr 06, 2022
saphiere:
Just take a look at the response I got from a Nigerian man after I called out a rapist.
So a man should rape a woman because she seduced him?

Ignore him not all men think that way some men here on NL should have be executed from birth with the way they reason and support crime Nigeria would have be much better without them.

I had said severally though I had no sister anyone can rape but should I have one and you rape her I'm killing you instantly with no little remorse when you go down 6ft go and be argue with termites she seduced you bullshit.

1 Like

Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Jennyclay(f): 11:34am On Apr 06, 2022
GreyLaw:

The judge is a woman. They lose their head whenever they handle rape cases. By all means punish the offender, but follow the letter of the law.

And I hope one day someone introduces a bill to punish sexual assault. When you sit on a man's lap, ride him, grab his privates you have assaulted him if you did all that without permission. Being a woman doesn't give you anroght to be stupid.

They seduce and assault a man till he breaks down and pushes for sex. And when hat happens, they sue for rape.

I keep saying it, if you come near me to seduce me or touch me indiscriminately, I will give you a blinding slap that will resound for generations to come. Idiots!
Do you rape women too? I pray you get caught, so that you will spend the rest of your life in jail.

Rubbish!!!

1 Like

Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by horgarzer(m): 11:35am On Apr 06, 2022
Rugaria:
Is that what the constitution says? Or is our lordship making up the laws as he goes?
As heinous as rape is, and I want a severe punishment for offenders, judgement should be based on constitutional dictates applicable to such crime.
I think the judge here is simply using his courtroom to vent his frustrations on a stupid offender and that to me is unconditional too..
You are right but the defender made the judgement difficult due to his constant denial of facts in the judgement. I think this is what angered the judge

1 Like

Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by blaise26abj(m): 11:36am On Apr 06, 2022
People have had consensual sex in weirder places than bare floor . I don’t understand this judge on that . His story about that could be true . Her Lordship must have had compelling evidence to find him guilty . I pray that if that man is innocent , that lady’s conscience should destroy her till she confesses . But if he is guilty , he should rot in jail till he dies .
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Quim2: 11:36am On Apr 06, 2022
saphiere:
Nigerian men and rape

These were the responses i got from a Nigerian man after calling out a rapist on my previous thread.

- A woman shouldn't visit a man when he is lonely.
- A woman shouldn't sit on a man's laps if she isn't in for sex.
- A man should rape a woman if she seduces him.

O my God. So it actually true that men do not have self-control

You just sound like a small girl
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Rugaria: 11:38am On Apr 06, 2022
osazsky:
my point here is if its applicable to one it should be applicable to all..in d north rape is a normal thing and settled like a family matter..there should be a central law
.if murder caries death or life sentences it shouod be a central law..if stealing with the intence to cause harm carries 30 years it should be across.and all these emotional jugement or religious judgement or tribal judgement should stop.with the fastness of this judgement u dont need be told that the judge here is a single mother..then u dont ned to be told that its a one promiscuous male judge that is handling the chidima ..atagba case..then lets stop gender inequality jugdement..wat is given to men as judgement shouod be as well given to slay queens when cut up in crime.
Note there is no justificarion in this act ..all i want is a lvl playing ground and nigeria wil be better.
Women rape as well in this country..only whites sentence women to jail for rape..most female teachers fall for this.
They rape male student for reasons best known to them ..it is well

Totally agree,
Can't put it better..
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Rugaria: 11:41am On Apr 06, 2022
Jennyclay:
Do you also rape girls too?? Why are you so worried about the “Life Imprisonment“?
I just clicked on your profile picture and I liked what I saw. Your beauty saved you. Otherwise, I would have unloaded on you for the above..
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Horokrox: 11:41am On Apr 06, 2022
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by sammirano: 11:42am On Apr 06, 2022
Even though I have my differences with flatbrains and their conduct. I still argue that, Life in imprisonment is not a proportionate judgement for rape especially when the victim is not a minor. Our justice system delivers judgement arbitrarily without efficient consultation.
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Femi8586(m): 11:42am On Apr 06, 2022
Rugaria:

I suspect that girl intentionally altered the content of the post. How can a judge slam life imprisonment for rape and another 21years for robbery. Is that the way it is in the constitution?

The judgement is disproportionate(particularly the life imprisonment)

Either the girl altered the post or the judge is just frustrated.

1 Like

Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by VOsimhen144(m): 11:46am On Apr 06, 2022
Jennyclay:
Good Judgement.
This is what should have happened to Yhungsarm, VOsimhen144, Boniwhite and other rapist on this forum. They should spend their miserable lives in jail.
I hope they face their consequences before the end of this month.
Na ur papa them go jail. Thunder fire ur kpekus there. Idi.ot. Why are you this bitter. If you were raped, how's that my business?

saphiere:
Just take a look at the response I got from a Nigerian man after I called out a rapist.
Shey you dey craze abi you don dey Mad ni? I wasn't supporting rape and besides this is a different thread what's all this nw. Go comot that post right now..
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by phenomental40(m): 11:46am On Apr 06, 2022
saphiere:
Nigerian men and rape

These were the responses i got from a Nigerian man after calling out a rapist on my previous thread.

do your dad have self control
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by seanjy4konji: 11:50am On Apr 06, 2022
There is no where in the world where a rapist is sentence to life...when its not first degree murder...

Nigerian kangaroo courts
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by thinkmoney(m): 11:50am On Apr 06, 2022
saphiere:
Nigerian men and rape

My dear don't visit a guy you wouldn't want to be intimate with in a secluded place and don't get too close to him while in such places. Especially guys you haven't come to know well overtime.
These are common knowledge that safeguard one
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Karmaisme(m): 11:56am On Apr 06, 2022
Parachoko:
If you get #500, you fit Bleep for this Lagos

I wander why the guy choose to rape

He don ruin him life now.

Do you know that, after paying the #500 they'll still sell the sperm you leave behind?

Fear some women.
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 06, 2022
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool true talk MAN!

rain de fall for ikeja, my PREEK just de rise and fall, so I decide to JAZZ in ASHAWOO house..

I de ASHAWOO house now..

I just de use EYES de Facebook the ASHAWOO BANIS Dem..

some of Dem never wake up..

Na only d fat fat once Dem de here...

I de wait 4 d slim slim once Dem to JAZZ out..

LITE UP my CIGARETTE in peace bcus u no FIT BLA WEED here

WTF MAN!
Aye e baje lo re, onise ni
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by statesman6: 12:00pm On Apr 06, 2022
saphiere:
My sister rest...
The guy is a psycho...we ain't the same. A normal human cannot make that type of statement however, if you haven't not been seeing a responsible man or if your father and ur brothers fl in the same category, it's normal for u to have issues with men and I don't blame u for that
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by VOsimhen144(m): 12:05pm On Apr 06, 2022
saphiere:
Nigerian men and rape

Please, take down that post, I don't like it, I'm not a rapist.

Why are you girls this wicked and bitter nw. Please take down that post.
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by cocolacec(m): 12:08pm On Apr 06, 2022
Rugaria:

Punishment for offences is stated in the Criminal/Penal code not Constitution.He was convicted of two offences: rape and armed robbery.

1 Like

Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by cocolacec(m): 12:14pm On Apr 06, 2022
GreyLaw:

The judge is a woman. They lose their head whenever they handle rape cases. By all means punish the offender, but follow the letter of the law.

And I hope one day someone introduces a bill to punish sexual assault. When you sit on a man's lap, ride him, grab his privates you have assaulted him if you did all that without permission. Being a woman doesn't give you anroght to be stupid.

They seduce and assault a man till he breaks down and pushes for sex. And when hat happens, they sue for rape.

I keep saying it, if you come near me to seduce me or touch me indiscriminately, I will give you a blinding slap that will resound for generations to come. Idiots!

You can sue a woman for sexual harrassment too but will Nigerian men do that?No
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by RillJ(m): 12:14pm On Apr 06, 2022
saphiere:
Nigerian men and rape

How can you use the opinions of a handful of lowlife slowpokes to generalize the disposition of a billion men out there?

Did you read the part of the judgement where the Judge chastised the victim for her solicitous behavior? Would you be okay if some man conclude that all women (including you ma) usually throw caution to the winds when it comes to men? haba
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by SeriouslySense(m): 12:25pm On Apr 06, 2022
We need to teach the men that rape is not okay. Such Education should start from early childhood.
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by SeriouslySense(m): 12:25pm On Apr 06, 2022
We need to teach the men that rape is not okay. Such Education should start from early childhood.
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Tannhauser(m): 12:25pm On Apr 06, 2022
saphiere:
Nigerian men and rape

angry
Based on the opinion of one man (probably a perv) you have come to the enlightening conclusion you boldly asserted above...
CONGRATULATIONS! You have just been confirmed as the most intelligent person in your entire lineage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Suspected Badoo Member Apprehended At Ikorodu Area Of Lagos. Photos/video / Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) / Newborn Baby Abandoned At Dump Site In Bayelsa Cries To Death (Disturbing Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.