Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,212 members, 7,829,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim (32911 Views)

Obafunto Babalola, Missing UNILAG Student In Lagos - Family Cries Out / Usifo Ataga's Murder: Police Arrest 21-Year-Old UNILAG Student, Chidinma / I Was Gang-raped By 8 Students, Blackmailed, Unilag Student Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Rugaria: 11:00am On Apr 06, 2022
KaluwisxPRO:

Clearly you don’t know anything about the constitution you’re quoting to be wrong. Go read laws on rape, judge did as the law permits.
I didn't know and I asked! I am Not a lawyer! So?
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Poloyanabo2(m): 11:01am On Apr 06, 2022
Rugaria:
Life imprisonment for rape!?
Is that what the constitution says? Or is our lordship making up the laws as he goes?
As heinous as rape is, and I want a severe punishment for offenders, judgement should be based on constitutional dictates applicable to such crime.
I think the judge here is simply using his courtroom to vent his frustrations on a stupid offender and that to me is unconditional too..
The judge is very stupid and mad,
Yes rape deserves a severe punishment but the constitution prescribed between 15 to 25yrs imprisonment not life imprisonment,

Which kind madness be this,
The other day another mad dog judge sentenced a man to death for rape,
Aee they high on cocaine or what?

1 Like

Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by drlateef: 11:03am On Apr 06, 2022
saphiere:
Nigerian men and rape

These were the responses i got from a Nigerian man after calling out a rapist on my previous thread.

- A woman shouldn't visit a man when he is lonely.
- A woman shouldn't sit on a man's laps if she isn't in for sex.
- A man should rape a woman if she seduces him.

O my God. So it actually true that men do not have self-control

I hate to hear this self control thing all the time from women. You tempt people with seduction and expect them to have self control. That’s an emotional blackmail on its own. Mind you, I will never defend rape in my life, no matter the circumstances. But women must stop the emotional blackmail of self control. It’s absurd and stupid to utter such trash out. It’s pure blackmail.

1 Like

Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by SunTzu123(m): 11:03am On Apr 06, 2022
Poloyanabo2:

Life imprisonment is really unfair,
15 or 25years of imprisonment is justice,
This one here is madness

Life imprisonment is perfect for confirmed rapists. The victims live with the scars for life, so it's just fair that rapists be put away for life too. Worse still, rapist are always repeat offenders; once they get away with the first one, they must do it again.
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by brightalo1010: 11:03am On Apr 06, 2022
Rastaramsey:
Photo confirmation abeg undecided undecided

Cus Na mumu feminist get the topic undecided undecided

It doesn't matter. You rapists will always find a way to justify your senseless act of rape.

If you go to the bank and see loads of money that is not yours why not start taking it when caught you'll say the bank was tempting you with the cash.

No matter how a lady dressed like shouldn't give anyone rights to rape them. In sane countries all these una yeye excuses doesn't count at all.

Behave yourself and stop the rape excuses.
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by ScamDemicEra: 11:03am On Apr 06, 2022
saphiere:
Nigerian men and rape

These were the responses i got from a Nigerian man after calling out a rapist on my previous thread.

Now you know, hope you educate your daughter if you have one.
Better safe than sorry.
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Ibfpleasant(m): 11:04am On Apr 06, 2022
saphiere:
Nigerian men and rape

stop generalizing, some men do not have control.
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by SmartyPants(m): 11:05am On Apr 06, 2022
Rugaria:
Is that what the constitution says? Or is our lordship making up the laws as he goes?
As heinous as rape is, and I want a severe punishment for offenders, judgement should be based on constitutional dictates applicable to such crime.
I think the judge here is simply using his courtroom to vent his frustrations on a stupid offender and that to me is unconditional too..

That is exactly what the criminal code prescribes.
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Poloyanabo2(m): 11:05am On Apr 06, 2022
Rugaria:
Yes rape deserves a severe punishment but the constitution prescribed between 15 to 25yrs imprisonment not life imprisonment,

Aee they high on cocaine or what
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by SmartyPants(m): 11:06am On Apr 06, 2022
Poloyanabo2:

Which Constitution??

Oya quote the section
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Hassanmaye(m): 11:06am On Apr 06, 2022
saphiere:

https://punchng.com/man-bags-life-imprisonment-for-raping-unilag-student-judge-slams-victim/

lalasticlala
Serve him right, only a mad Man will rape a woman in this times, if a woman say no leave her alone,
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by truthCoder: 11:07am On Apr 06, 2022
Parachoko:
If you get #500, you fit Bleep for this Lagos

I wander why the guy choose to rape

He don ruin him life now.

A lot of guys have sex for free. Some girls would even gladly cook for you if you are hungry.

Any body who rapes is a low life.

When i was a broke ass student with only concoction rice, i was still balling in the Faculty of Bedmatics where i was a visiting professor with access to a plethora of specimens for research.
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by SunTzu123(m): 11:07am On Apr 06, 2022
drlateef:

I hate to hear this self control thing all the time from women. You tempt people with seduction and expect them to have self control. That’s an emotional blackmail on its own. Mind you, I will never defend rape in my life, no matter the circumstances. But women must stop the emotional blackmail of self control. It’s absurd and stupid to utter such trash out. It’s pure blackmail.

Haven't you passed a restaurant when you're totally broke and hungry before? Why didn't you jump in and grab food? Because you know they will beat shegge out of you abi?
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by ScamDemicEra: 11:09am On Apr 06, 2022
SunTzu123:

Haven't you passed a restaurant when you're totally broke and hungry before? Why didn't you jump in and grab food? Because you know they will beat shegge out of you abi?

It's not the same thing !!
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by SunTzu123(m): 11:09am On Apr 06, 2022
Poloyanabo2:

Check the laws of Lagos State. It's actually life imprisonment.
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by eleko1: 11:09am On Apr 06, 2022
cool okesuku grin grin grin the RAPIST and ROBBER cool
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Poloyanabo2(m): 11:11am On Apr 06, 2022
SmartyPants:

Which Constitution??
Oya quote the section
Quote where life imprisonment was prescribed.
It's 15 to 25yrs, Counter it with your own section where you saw life imprisonment
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Poloyanabo2(m): 11:12am On Apr 06, 2022
SunTzu123:

Check the laws of Lagos State. It's actually life imprisonment.
Ok, that is to say Lagos State operates an alternate constitution
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by techWriter3: 11:13am On Apr 06, 2022
Photo confirm abeg Cus Na said women going the discussion
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Gunboysavage(m): 11:15am On Apr 06, 2022
I'm not in support of 500 toto ooo but you still dey give your hearts to 9ja girls? grin
Saxxon:

#500 toto that you will later use 20k to treat the STD she will give you. If you like no go find GF grin grin
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by virginchaser(m): 11:16am On Apr 06, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Ironically, you will complain when men will be the largest victims of such a bill. From touching women unbidden in market places, to pressing themselves all over them in vehicles, you will be surprised.

Only in your world are men the victims when they rape women. Breaks down indeed, as if men are the only people to face seduction.

You are right o. I see too many groping inside markets. Funny enough, those supposed victims are enjoying it.
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Jennyclay(f): 11:17am On Apr 06, 2022
Rastaramsey:
Photo confirmation abeg undecided undecided

Cus Na mumu feminist get the topic undecided undecided
Shut the toilet you call mouth please! Rape apologist!!
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Saxxon(m): 11:18am On Apr 06, 2022
Gunboysavage:
I'm not in support of 500 toto ooo but you still dey give your hearts to 9ja girls? grin

Yes, my heart belongs to Saphiere wink
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Jennyclay(f): 11:19am On Apr 06, 2022
Rugaria:
Do you also rape girls too?? Why are you so worried about the “Life Imprisonment“?
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Higgies(m): 11:19am On Apr 06, 2022
Parachoko:
If you get #500, you fit Bleep for this Lagos

I wander why the guy choose to rape

He don ruin him life now.
Lie
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by dalass(f): 11:20am On Apr 06, 2022
saphiere:
Nigerian men and rape

Yeah. Many are dawgs undecided Zero self control...

As if they can't disallow a lady from sitting on their laps. So if a lady takes their ATM, they won't stop her?

Men too can say no to a seductress.... Many celebrities are paying the hard way for not being in control of their dick.k.

1 Like

Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by onlyson16(m): 11:21am On Apr 06, 2022
saphiere:
Just take a look at the response I got from a Nigerian man after I called out a rapist.
So a man should rape a woman because she seduced him?
can u stop this rubbish here. Fukkk u¿
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by drlateef: 11:22am On Apr 06, 2022
SunTzu123:

You don’t compare garri with buggers. Restaurant is not a human being tempting others. Wrong comparison.
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Gunboysavage(m): 11:22am On Apr 06, 2022
Ahhhh! Sapphire of nairaland?? Can you defend this statement boss? grin
Saxxon:

Yes, my heart belongs to Saphiere wink

1 Like

Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by Saxxon(m): 11:23am On Apr 06, 2022
Gunboysavage:
Ahhhh! Sapphire of nairaland?? Can you defend this statement boss? grin

Yeah, why does everyone loose it each time I mention her? grin
Re: Man Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping UNILAG Student, Judge Slams Victim by SmartyPants(m): 11:24am On Apr 06, 2022
Poloyanabo2:

Quote where life imprisonment was prescribed.

It's 15 to 25yrs,
Counter it with your own section where you saw life imprisonment

Lol.

The Constitution does not prescribe sentences and it is largely silent on the creation of offences.

Crimes and their offenses are found in:

The Criminal Code - the fundamental body of Criminal Laws in Nigeria applicable to the FCT and Southern States
The Penal Code - The fundamental body of Criminal Laws applicable to the northern States.
Specific Laws and Acts that govern specific issues, sometimes applicable only in specific States

This is where your confusion comes from. The Penal Code prescribes 14 years for rape, while the criminal code prescribes life imprisonment for rape while armed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Breaks His Son's Hand In Ibadan, Sets Him On Fire For Stealing (Pics, Video) / Married Man Arrested For Raping His Landlord's 11-Year-Old Daughter In Delta / 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Ebonyi, As Boyfriend Rejects Pregnancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.