Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,113 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino (5270 Views)

Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book / Google Honours Olaudah Equiano, Freed Slave Who Supported The British Movement / Photo Of Ooni Of Ife's New Wife As Claimed By Women Of Rubies (But It Is Fake) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by ChebeNdigboCalm: 12:59am On Apr 17, 2022
IgbuduMonkey:
EBOE contd

Of the Eboe people, Olaudah Equaino wrote:

We have also markets, at which I have been frequently with my mother. These are sometimes visited by stout mahogany-coloured men from the south west of us

I want to bring this back. SW from them are Eboe people. Well Olaudah put it as “Oye-Eboe” which could still mean foreigners as we don’t know the origin of oyibo definitively, neither had the Igbo dictionary been put together at that time. But you said it meant Aboh traders in essence. Aboh traders coming from the SW…to Ashaka. That is the one thing it could not be.

3 Likes

Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by Hotice085: 8:23am On Apr 17, 2022
Shiver99:

The benin 'empire' that Olaudah described only existed in the mind of Europeans, who at that time didn't have a clear picture on African geography. Hence the reason Olaudah made sure to state that neither he nor any of his Igbo brethren had ever heard of this so-called empire. An Ibibio, cross riverian or bassa man who was captured in the slave trade was also considered part of the mythical 'benin empire' of that time by the British.

However, Olaudah's biography clearly states that he was an Igbo man.

When Calabar port was the centre of slavery how the slave merchants not know which slave was which?
Calabar never had anything with the Benin empire, slaves that left the port of calabar were well documented and non classified or generalised with Benin
Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by IgbuduMonkey: 8:55pm On Apr 17, 2022
ChebeNdigboCalm:

I want to bring this back. SW from them are Eboe people. Well Olaudah put it as “Oye-Eboe” which could still mean foreigners as we don’t know the origin of oyibo definitively, neither had the Igbo dictionary been put together at that time. But you said it meant Aboh traders in essence. Aboh traders coming from the SW…to Ashaka. That is the one thing it could not be.
Read Equaino's description of the people he Referred to as Oye-Eboe:

we call them Oye-Eboe, which term
signifies red men living at a distance. They generally bring us
fire-arms, gunpowder, hats, beads, and dried fish......They always carry slaves through our land

Now read Laird:

The Eboe people take up the river, powder, yams, beads, cloth, iron bars, and knives, These articles are conveyed to Bonny by the palm-oil traders, and thence pass through the hands of three or four merchants into the possession of the Eboe dealers. They receive in return, slaves.
With the Eboes, the best articles of trade are guns, powder, cottons of a showy pattern with red and blue stripes, and knives fitted in an ornamented case and which they wear suspended from the left side. ‘They also manifest a great partiality for rum, small looking-glasses, and cowries:

It is important to note that the white people did not engage in buying slaves directly in the hinterland which rules them out as the Oye-Eboes.

Now that you know that the Kirrees of Lander and Liard are Asaba people, have you asked yourself why these people never called them Eboes but only started calling people Eboes south of the Kirrees even though the Kirrees spoke same language as the Eboes?
Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by IgbuduMonkey: 10:06pm On Apr 17, 2022
chebendigbocalm and bigfrancis21, you guys have no idea. Lander was right and his findings were confirmed by Baikie. Aboh was the the Name of a town and district/kingdom. Infact, places like Ogbaru must have been under the sovereignty of the Obi of Aboh. And like I have told you guys, there are Aboh outposts that are in River state on the east side of the Niger river till today. Take note of these from Baikie:

Abo, the Eboe or Ibu of Lander and of Allen, is the name of a town and also of a district extending along both sides of the river..........The sovereignty, since the death of Obi, having, as I have mentioned, been partly in abeyance, many towns which were under his rule have ceased to pay tribute, and have become independent

Baikie only used the name Abò which is the name the kingdom is called by the people themselves as opposed to Eboe(pronounced Eh-bor), what Aboh neighbours call them. He never corrected Lander's understanding of the geography and sociopolitics of Aboh. He went further to reinforce the fact that Lander's Eboe(which he preferred to call Abó) was a district of the same name(Lander used Kingdom). However, after the death of Obi Ossai, Aboh went into decline and many towns that were part of the Kingdom ceased to pay tribute.

You guys lack of comprehension may stem from the fact that you do not understand the extent of the Slave trade era Aboh hence you for example find it difficult to comprehend why Baikie would say Aboh district extend on both sides of the Niger from Oru(Ijaw areas) towards Igarra(Idah), so you falsely conclude that he was referring to Igbo.

Chebeindigbocalm, we can talk about whether Aboh is Igbo now

1 Like

Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by ChebeNdigboCalm: 10:06pm On Apr 17, 2022
IgbuduMonkey:
Read Equaino's description of the people he Referred to as Oye-Eboe:

we call them Oye-Eboe, which term
signifies red men living at a distance. They generally bring us
fire-arms, gunpowder, hats, beads, and dried fish......They always carry slaves through our land

Now read Laird:

The Eboe people take up the river, powder, yams, beads, cloth, iron bars, and knives, These articles are conveyed to Bonny by the palm-oil traders, and thence pass through the hands of three or four merchants into the possession of the Eboe dealers. They receive in return, slaves.
With the Eboes, the best articles of trade are guns, powder, cottons of a showy pattern with red and blue stripes, and knives fitted in an ornamented case and which they wear suspended from the left side. ‘They also manifest a great partiality for rum, small looking-glasses, and cowries:

It is important to note that the white people did not engage in buying slaves directly in the hinterland which rules them out as the Oye-Eboes.

Now that you know that the Kirrees of Lander and Liard are Asaba people, have you asked yourself why these people never called them Eboes but only started calling people Eboes south of the Kirrees even though the Kirrees spoke same language as the Eboes?

Simple. Because they wouldn’t be able to differentiate between the two if they did so. Since the blunder of calling Aboh, Eboe particularly was made. If however they called Aboh, Aboh they would easily be able to call both Eboe. Common sense.
Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by ChebeNdigboCalm: 10:11pm On Apr 17, 2022
IgbuduMonkey:
chebendigbocalm and bigfrancis21, you guys have no idea. Lander was right and his findings were confirmed by Baikie. Aboh was the the Name of a town and district/kingdom

Thank you for your ability to stick to being civil. I personally never denied that Aboh was also the name of a district. Lander wasn’t proven correct that Aboh is specifically Eboe. And others aren’t. What I am denying is that them being called Eboe somehow means that they aren’t Igbo. Or that Eboe and Igbo were really different.

1 Like

Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by Virginkpekus(f): 10:44pm On Apr 17, 2022
Finally make Una leave all this clowns...An Igbo man, with an Igbo name, sold into slavery wrote his memoirs which indicate that he is clearly Igbo or Eboe, as he spelled it and we are here arguing rubbish.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by IgbuduMonkey: 11:15pm On Apr 17, 2022
ChebeNdigboCalm:

Thank you for your ability to stick to being civil. I personally never denied that Aboh was also the name of a district. Lander wasn’t proven correct that Aboh is specifically Eboe. And others aren’t. What I am denying is that them being called Eboe somehow means that they aren’t Igbo. Or that Eboe and Igbo were really different.
all Yorubas are descendants of Oduduwa, all Jews are descendants of Abraham etc. Who is an Igbo?
What does it take to be Igbo? What is the definition of an Igbo?
Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by ChebeNdigboCalm: 12:20am On Apr 18, 2022
IgbuduMonkey:
all Yorubas are descendants of Oduduwa, all Jews are descendants of Abraham etc. Who is an Igbo?
To be an Igbo you must.
1. Have 4 market days.
2. Speak Igbo natively(we all have our dialects)
3. Be called Igbo by your neighbours.
4. Have ofo staff of authority.
5. Have Chukwu, Abasi or Olisa as the name for the supreme God.

The real question is why is Arochukwu more Igbo than Aboh?
I have written a thread about this if you want detail.

https://www.nairaland.com/7044340/what-igbo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by bigfrancis21: 5:05am On Apr 18, 2022
IgbuduMonkey:
chebendigbocalm and bigfrancis21, you guys have no idea. Lander was right and his findings were confirmed by Baikie. Aboh was the the Name of a town and district/kingdom. Infact, places like Ogbaru must have been under the sovereignty of the Obi of Aboh. And like I have told you guys, there are Aboh outposts that are in River state on the east side of the Niger river till today. Take note of these from Baikie:

Abo, the Eboe or Ibu of Lander and of Allen, is the name of a town and also of a district extending along both sides of the river..........The sovereignty, since the death of Obi, having, as I have mentioned, been partly in abeyance, many towns which were under his rule have ceased to pay tribute, and have become independent

Baikie only used the name Abò which is the name the kingdom is called by the people themselves as opposed to Eboe(pronounced Eh-bor), what Aboh neighbours call them. He never corrected Lander's understanding of the geography and sociopolitics of Aboh. He went further to reinforce the fact that Lander's Eboe(which he preferred to call Abó) was a district of the same name(Lander used Kingdom). However, after the death of Obi Ossai, Aboh went into decline and many towns that were part of the Kingdom ceased to pay tribute.

You guys lack of comprehension may stem from the fact that you do not understand the extent of the Slave trade era Aboh hence you for example find it difficult to comprehend why Baikie would say Aboh district extend on both sides of the Niger from Oru(Ijaw areas) towards Igarra(Idah), so you falsely conclude that he was referring to Igbo.

Chebeindigbocalm, we can talk about whether Aboh is Igbo now

I think you’re starting to drift away and out of focus from what the very purpose of opening your thread was. Are we discussing how powerful ancient Abor was/ancient Aboh name or Olaudah’s origins/ethnicity?
Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by IgbuduMonkey: 10:25am On Apr 18, 2022
ChebeNdigboCalm:

To be an Igbo you must.
1. Have 4 market days.
2. Speak Igbo natively(we all have our dialects)
3. Be called Igbo by your neighbours.
4. Have ofo staff of authority.
5. Have Chukwu, Abasi or Olisa as the name for the supreme God.

The real question is why is Arochukwu more Igbo than Aboh?
I have written a thread about this if you want detail.

https://www.nairaland.com/7044340/what-igbo
I have opened your thread and find it interesting.I will engage you on the Igbo debate there. Suffice to pen it down here that Aboh is not Igbo
Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by bigfrancis21: 5:43am On Apr 20, 2022
CribsofLagos:
https://www.quora.com/Which-part-of-Africa-did-the-people-of-Haiti-originate/answer/David-Laurent-8?ch=17&oid=241726172&share=016dad91&srid=q3oF&target_type=answer

Which part of Africa did the people of Haiti originate?
Profile photo for David Laurent
David Laurent
·
Follow
I'm Haitian Updated 1y
By the time our ancestors left Africa, there were no traditional borders (or carved out countries) as we refer to them today; just old Kingdoms, many of them were on the verge of collapsed.

Going by DNA tests on average: Haitians have a recurring theme with these 3 modern-day countries from what I've seen:

1. Cameroon/Congo

2. Nigeria

3. Benin/Togo

These 3 countries are a forever recurring theme in almost every ancestry DNA for the average Haitian.

Based on spoken history (old adages/sayings and DNA), I'm going to venture and say these ethnic groups are very present within many of us here on the island:

1. Igbo (found in Southern Nigeria close to Cameroon)

"Nou se Ibo" ("We are Igbos"wink

This is an old Haitian saying

The word Ibo which translates to Igbo is very revered in Haitian culture and translate to South Eastern Nigerian tribe of Igbo. There are at least one street (Route Ibo lélé), a hotel (Hotel Ibo), radio station (radio Ibo) and many other known historic clubs by the name of Ibo, honoring the Igbo ancestry. There's even a dance called 'Ibo dance' (dansé ibo). There's also a folklore song honoring them: Ibo grandmoun (Igbos are their own authority).

2. Dahomey Kingdom (Fon, Ewe, Yoruba) (covered present Western Nigeria and Benin Republic, possibly Togo?)

Nou soti Dawomé ("We are of Dahomey"wink

What some of our elders used to tell us

My great grandmother used to say that to me, although she could have picked it up from her parents as well who passed it down. Not sure.

Note: In Haitian Vodou, many of the (Rada*) spirits are of Fon, Congolese or Yoruba ancestry. (Overwhelmingly)

3. Kongo (found in Congo, Angola and Gabon)

"Bèl Kongo" (Beautiful Kongo*)

"Nèg Kongo" ("I'm of the Congo"wink

Very popular in Haitian Dialect

Referring to Kongolese ethnic group in Congo (although I believe Kongo is a language and BaKongo is the name for the ethnic group?).

Haiti stored and passed on oral history holds many clues. Modern DNA tests seem to be (to some extent) confirming them.

It is no surprise then these 3 countries are recurring in our (ancestry) DNAs. But I wouldn't overestimate these figures for every single one of us. Haitians are very diverse with some (small or big) fractions of European, Jewish and Middle Eastern DNA all the way to the tip of Southern Africa.
Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by clefstone(m): 11:24am On Apr 20, 2022
[quote author=bigfrancis21 post=112104689][/quote]there is no doubt that most slaves sold from the southern coast of Today's Nigeria were Igbos from the Eastern hinterland
Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by ThickSharon123(f): 12:10am On Apr 21, 2022
IgbuduMonkey:

Are you silly, so you're telling me Aboh people are denying Igbo becuase they want them to emanate from somewhere. So you believe in that cock and bull story that various people with a difference can come from one person?
The English, Mongolians, Kiev's, Indians all are different but share one language and cultural similarity which made them one. If this is Abohs argument becuase they want Igbos to say an Aboh man gave birth to all Igbos before they accept that we share language and culture together. Then in believe you might be dreaming. You should stay as your Aboh, biko.

1 Like

Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by Jameseddi1: 4:45pm On Apr 21, 2022
ThickSharon123:

Are you silly, so you're telling me Aboh people are denying Igbo becuase they want them to emanate from somewhere. So you believe in that cock and bull story that various people with a difference can come from one person?
The English, Mongolians, Kiev's, Indians all are different but share one language and cultural similarity which made them one. If this is Abohs argument becuase they want Igbos to say an Aboh man gave birth to all Igbos before they accept that we share language and culture together. Then in believe you might be dreaming. You should stay as your Aboh, biko.

How is abo Igbo when their ancestors is from Benin empire ok if abo is Igbo do you also now agreed that Igbo are sons of Benin or let me say You agree Igbo ancestors are from Benin?

In an interview with abo king the man clearly says they are from Benin empire same goas with King of aunitcha and king of ise luku.

Now the first time ebo was mentioned in history was it found under Benin kingdom by olaudah equiano.

olaudah equiano Claim any Igbo man found in western world hati or what’s so ever was a tribe from Benin or under Benin kingdom.

Now the question is do Igbo really came from Isreal or they came from old Benin kingdom.?
Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by ThickSharon123(f): 7:31pm On Apr 21, 2022
Jameseddi1:

How is abo Igbo when their ancestors is from Benin empire ok if abo is Igbo do you also now agreed that Igbo are sons of Benin or let me say You agree Igbo ancestors are from Benin?

In an interview with abo king the man clearly says they are from Benin empire same goas with King of aunitcha and king of ise luku.

Now the first time ebo was mentioned in history was it found under Benin kingdom by olaudah equiano.

olaudah equiano Claim any Igbo man found in western world hati or what’s so ever was a tribe from Benin or under Benin kingdom.

Now the question is do Igbo really came from Isreal or they came from old Benin kingdom.?

Igbo is large. And Igbos on the West side lived in Bini, that didn't make them under any Oba. Even Equaino had pointed it out, saying it was nominal. If you don't know what nominal is check it out. Igbanke is an Igboid tribe close to Bini, does that make them Bini? Please, you don't have any argument. If you can self analyse you'll know other than using sentiments or imaginary domineering Bini kingdom which were either nominal or non existent for some.

2 Likes

Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by Jameseddi1: 11:03pm On Apr 21, 2022
ThickSharon123:

Igbo is large. And Igbos on the West side lived in Bini, that didn't make them under any Oba. Even Equaino had pointed it out, saying it was nominal. If you don't know what nominal is check it out. Igbanke is an Igboid tribe close to Bini, does that make them Bini? Please, you don't have any argument. If you can self analyse you'll know other than using sentiments or imaginary domineering Bini kingdom which were either nominal or non existent for some.

And you claim aunitcha abol Ise luku is Igbo right and also the slaves ship’s to western words are Igbo right?

I’m just stating fact here. You can never know better than those kings ok unless you will tell me those kings kindom are not Igbo and the Eastern slaves that was taken to western world are not igbos as well peace out.
Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by Jameseddi1: 11:14pm On Apr 21, 2022
ThickSharon123:

Please don’t contradict yourself.

olaudah equiano was not confused ok

Those 3 kings Royals documents also said the same thing.

On a research I research I found igbo Ebo the only time it was been documented in a map was in 17th century it was documented by a European I forgot the name it was placed under Benin kingdom as well with a mini name as Benin was the bigger name above it.

So olaudah equiano the 3 kings of SE European in 17t century can’t be all wrong while you of yesterday will be write.

So do Igbo really came from Isreal or old Benin kingdom?
Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by ThickSharon123(f): 11:51pm On Apr 21, 2022
I'm ok
Jameseddi1:

On a research I research I found igbo Ebo the only time it was been documented in a map was in 17th century it was documented by a European I forgot the name it was placed under Benin kingdom as well with a mini name as Benin was the bigger name above it.

So olaudah equiano the 3 kings of SE European in 17t century can’t be all wrong while you of yesterday will be write.

I don't know what you're talking about, but the only areas Bini had a foothold is Bini, Igbo clans in the West (not all) had only nominal representation. Bini couldn't do anything or force them to be subjected. Ever wondered why Bini never brought it's madness at the east but took it to the west? You tell yourself that. All Igbo clans in the west, that's Western Igbos were only nominally related to Bini.

1 Like

Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by ThickSharon123(f): 11:52pm On Apr 21, 2022
Jameseddi1:

And you claim aunitcha abol Ise luku is Igbo right and also the slaves ship’s to western words are Igbo right?

I’m just stating fact here. You can never know better than those kings ok unless you will tell me those kings kindom are not Igbo and the Eastern slaves that was taken to western world are not igbos as well peace out.

Bini scarcely traded in Igbo slaves. The people who traded in Igbo slaves were Igbos , from the producer to the middlemen. Bini knew it's lane.

2 Likes

Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by Zooposki(f): 8:06am On Apr 22, 2022
Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by Jameseddi1: 1:45pm On Apr 22, 2022
ThickSharon123:
I'm ok

I don't know what you're talking about, but the only areas Bini had a foothold is Bini, Igbo clans in the West (not all) had only nominal representation. Bini couldn't do anything or force them to be subjected. Ever wondered why Bini never brought it's madness at the east but took it to the west? You tell yourself that. All Igbo clans in the west, that's Western Igbos were only nominally related to Bini.

Slaves that was taken in your region all was classified as bight of Benin. you and your Friend still here contradicting what olaudah equiano documents supported
Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by Jameseddi1: 1:56pm On Apr 22, 2022
ThickSharon123:

Bini scarcely traded in Igbo slaves. The people who traded in Igbo slaves were Igbos , from the producer to the middlemen. Bini knew it's lane.

Lol you can lie oh where did you see this when did they band slaves trade? When was the word Igbo was recognized? Let me tell you the truth your Igbo was recognized by the world in ending of 18th 19th century. The only one recognized before then was Ebo and this tribe was a dependent tribe to Benin kingdom. A Benin king was more like their president then said by olaudah equiano. Anything leaving or coming to Ebo then was classified as leaving bight of Benin or let me just say Benin kingdom.

Oba of Benin was more like the president of Ebo then and the only documented slaves taken out of Igbo was from Ebo then so this mean Ebo was the name called Igbo before and this igbo was under Benin kingdom.

If you disagree this mean Ebo was not igbo and no igbo was taken to the western world as slave
Aunitcha is not igbo
Asaba is not Igbo
Agbor is not igbo

Because all this place king also supported what olaudah equiano In 17th century
Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by Ofunwa111: 3:27pm On Apr 22, 2022
Jameseddi1:

Lol you can lie oh where did you see this when did they band slaves trade? When was the word Igbo was recognized? Let me tell you the truth your Igbo was recognized by the world in ending of 18th 19th century. The only one recognized before then was Ebo and this tribe was a dependent tribe to Benin kingdom. A Benin king was more like their president then said by olaudah equiano. Anything leaving or coming to Ebo then was classified as leaving bight of Benin or let me just say Benin kingdom.

Oba of Benin was more like the president of Ebo then and the only documented slaves taken out of Igbo was from Ebo then so this mean Ebo was the name called Igbo before and this igbo was under Benin kingdom.

If you disagree this mean Ebo was not igbo and no igbo was taken to the western world as slave
Aunitcha is not igbo
Asaba is not Igbo
Agbor is not igbo

Ok, we have heard you ...

1 Like

Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by BloomingDale(f): 4:37pm On Apr 22, 2022
Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by bigfrancis21: 4:47pm On Apr 22, 2022
Jameseddi1:

If these places came from Bini, how come they all speak Igbo language as native tongue?

I just want to hear your answer.

3 Likes

Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by bigfrancis21: 4:50pm On Apr 22, 2022
ThickSharon123:

Exactly. They considered their people too royal to be sold as slaves. Also, given their much smaller population compared to the Ibos, it was much easier to maintain this. Very few Bini people, if any, ever got sold into slavery.

2 Likes

Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by bigfrancis21: 4:52pm On Apr 22, 2022
Jameseddi1:

When Israel was under the Roman empire, can you argue that the Jews came from Rome?

1 Like

Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by ariesbull: 6:00pm On Apr 22, 2022
IgbuduMonkey:
The above is from the first chapter of Olaudah Equaino's narrative where he gives an account of where he was born in 1745.

Today, the Igbos of South East Nigeria claim that Equaino was born in Isseke somewhere close to Ihiala. However, olaudah's narrative says he was born in Essaka part of the Benin province of Eboe.

To find out where exactly in present day Nigeria Olaudah was born, it is important to analyse these places: Essaka, Eboe, Benin
igbo will claim nne gi
Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by ThickSharon123(f): 9:04pm On Apr 22, 2022
Jameseddi1:

Aunitcha is not igbo
Asaba is not Igbo
Agbor is not igbo

You're so funny. See how you contradict yourself. Ebo and Igbo are different. Wasn't Benin called Ubini who mistranslated it? Use your comprehension to understand. The English couldn't pronoucne or write the Igbo word effectively as they still do today in most English channels that's why they wrote that. Argue with your keyboard and keep on living in your imaginary land. Bini or your Oba had no hold any Igbo state that's why it's jurisdiction was simply nominal. And it was nominal for a few areas. It never messed with the East becuase your ogiso or Oba had no power, it knew were its powers and integrity came from that's why it showed respect for the east and far east and faced more of the West.

2 Likes

Re: How The Igbos Falsely Claimed Olaudah Equaino by ThickSharon123(f): 9:06pm On Apr 22, 2022
Jameseddi1:

Slaves that was taken in your region all was classified as bight of Benin. you and your Friend still here contradicting what olaudah equiano documents supported

Yes, and they were Igbo slave traders from the producers to the middlemen. Bini had a very small part and didn't have power in all of the East. It never had the power you propehese it did, check the history books. I don't know which history book you're reading or what part of Oluadah's work shows that. Stop being delusional.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do People Think Eritreans Aren't Black? / Who Defines Disrespect- The Disrespecter Or The Disrespectee? / Relationship Between Itsekiri And Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.