Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount (27857 Views)

SIM-NIN Linkage: NCC Gives Update On 11.2m Blocked Mobile Lines / SIM-NIN Linkage: NCC Rules Out Extension, Telcos Bar 12 Million Lines / 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 06, 2022
Theunbothered:

https://twitter.com/Morris_Monye/status/1511680495083524096?t=5KBoJF8BSTZQfYK0FnDvqg&s=19

So the cybercrime rate on Ghana and Tanzania should be around zero right now.

There's no where in the world where there's a complete elimination of such but that doesn't mean efforts to address them shouldn't be put in place and encouraged by others

Or you could have used your common sense and blocked the sim as soon as you knew it was stolen.

I don't pray for your enemy or mine to be in same state I was when my phone was stolen because issues of phone or phone number won't be a priority. Beside, why block a sim that's of importance and was still going through tracking?

Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by Great0ne1: 5:42pm On Apr 06, 2022
tonyuny12:

Believable idoit well done o. Have you done your linking or not? Beside, those who have had theirs done, are they facing such as those who haven't gotten theirs linked. If it's not so important why the nosie-making about it?
And here comes one of the IDIOTS, i was talking about. Chief mor0n, you can continue with your grand delusion that nin reg, will be used to tackle insecurity in Nigerian or any of your numerous problems
Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 06, 2022
Theunbothered:

Do you know the economic implications of this block?

And what has the linking achieved in terms of security?
They're trying to slow down yahoo boys
Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by echomanji: 5:43pm On Apr 06, 2022
Kingpele:
Wow and covid19 just disappeared from the world, what is the essence of carrying out this kind of action, when we are suppose to be in the middle of a pandemic, this government loves to put citizens into hardship but on a lighter note if only they were able to ban bandits, boko harem, kidnappers lines then I will be happy..but I know that is just wishful thinking, thank God my lines are still intact
the Bandits don't normaly use their own phones to make calls. They use their victims phones.
Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by 24brains(m): 5:44pm On Apr 06, 2022
adedace:
pantami the terrorist won't have my details
talk true say you no dey run transaction with you line? Clean conscience fears no accusation.
Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 06, 2022
Great0ne1:

And here comes one of the IDIOTS, i was talking about. Chief mor0n, you can continue with your grand delusion that nin reg, will be used to tackle insecurity in Nigerian or any of your numerous problems

America with all her technological advancements is still faced with terrorism and identity theft, but that doesn't mean any policy geared towards addressing it should not be encouraged.
Bigger idoit.

1 Like

Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 06, 2022
24brains:
talk true say you no dey run transaction with you line? Clean conscience fears no accusation.

Hypocrisy, party affiliation and regional/ethnical sentiments are the foundations of Nigeria problems.

Do as I say but don't do as I do... Wahala! Watch how he would reply you by calling you all manner of names
Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by Great0ne1: 5:52pm On Apr 06, 2022
tonyuny12:

America with all her technological advancements is still faced with terrorism and identity theft, but that doesn't mean any policy geared towards addressing it should not be encouraged.
Bigger idoit.
Shut up fool. They do away with policies that doesn't yield any positive result. Fools like you will continue to be fools, without asking question. The kidnappers that attacked train in kaduna the other day, are asking for ransome for there victims, but fools like you will not question why they are yet to be apprehended. Can you name one problem nin has solved, since it was started ?
Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by 24brains(m): 6:02pm On Apr 06, 2022
Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 06, 2022
Great0ne1:

Shut up fool. They do away with policies that doesn't yield any positive result. Fools like you will continue to be fools, without asking question. The kidnappers that attacked train in kaduna the other day, are asking for ransome for there victims, but fools like you will not question why they are yet to be apprehended. Can you name one problem nin has solved, since it was started ?

Fool, it has helped checkmate criminal activities like yours. Idoit
Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by Asianjollof007: 6:04pm On Apr 06, 2022
FuckDModz:
Animals.

Nigerians will always wait till dying minutes to get anything done. Then the animals will turn around and blame the system.

I hope their useless lines remain barred till December.

Fucking bastards!

Ori baba e ti daru, omo ale !
Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 06, 2022
Great0ne1:

Bigger fool, are there issues of killings and terrorism in America even with their positive policies as mentioned by you. Criminal! Questionnaire, did you care to ask the American government about the killings and terrorism still going on despite their positive policies?
Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by Great0ne1: 6:08pm On Apr 06, 2022
tonyuny12:

Bigger fool, are there issues of killings and terrorism in America even with their positive policies as mentioned by you. Criminal! Questionnaire, did you care to ask the American government about the killings and terrorism still going on despite their positive policies?
Criminal activities like mine ? Can you name just one ?
Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by Theunbothered: 6:09pm On Apr 06, 2022
tonyuny12:

I've gone through my screenshots and didn't see any criticism... Besides, criticism would come from certain persons who aren't satisfied with government policies especially when it is of disadvantage to their insincere business transactions but that doesn't stop government from implementation. National interest supercedes individual interest, go read about your constitution properly and civic education if you will humble yourself and do a proper research.

When the government closed borders, blocked social media and released terrorists in the name of "national interest" what did it achieve?

You guys always seem to confuse Buhari's interest with national interest, but don't worry, it is national interest you will use to eat.

Criticising poorly thought out policies are also in the interest of the nation, you would know that if you could actually think for yourself.
Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 06, 2022
Theunbothered:

I have to ask because this is not something I should have to explain to an adult with data on his phone to search "UK sim registration process".

I have grown weary of government sheep asking silly and childish questions in an attempt to derail and distract.

If you want to act like children don't be surprised when you are treated as such.

You only quoted UK Mr I too know ajala traveler. You don't take a single sample and draw conclusion from it. I've gone through some countries and found out they linked their SIM to their national identity card.
Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by Pussyassniggar(f): 6:12pm On Apr 06, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Pussy ass government and pussy ass Pantami with no ideology

Ain't linking no shit....funny enough my glo line is still making outgoing calls since yesterday
Just like I said
Pantami ain't go no knowledge...

Nin- sim linking should be a continuous process

No deadline....no barring of sim card from making out going calls....and nothing should happen to people sim card who refused to link

The only thing they should insist on is that when ever you are buying a new sim...it must be linked.

With this ....gradually or as time goes on or rather many years later.....sim card not linked to nin will automatically not be in circulation and it will fizzle out on its own
exactly
Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by Theunbothered: 6:12pm On Apr 06, 2022
Senomii:

Quickly tell me how many yahoo boys have been arrested through NIN so far?

What of the yahoo boy named Abba Kyari who they initially released?

After all SARS were killing random people in the interest of slowing yahoo boys.
Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 06, 2022
Theunbothered:

When the government closed borders, blocked social media and released terrorists in the name of "national interest" what did it achieve?

You guys always seem to confuse Buhari's interest with national interest, but don't worry, it is national interest you will use to eat.

I'm feeding well bro, and not depended on Buhari government. Closing the border was for a purpose even though it was implemented the wrong way as it should have been gradually done. Libya did it and she became self sufficient as compared to when it depended on imports. Previous government had fought social media and attacked personel of such like our darling Jonathan did when he instructed military to do so prior to his last election. Whatever that is happening to Nigeria today isn't unique to the personality of Buhari or his government.
Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by Theunbothered: 6:15pm On Apr 06, 2022
tonyuny12:

There's no where in the world where there's a complete elimination of such but that doesn't mean efforts to address them shouldn't be put in place and encouraged by others

If you are making an effort I should see a result, if not then I have every reason to call the effort nonsense, especially when it has huge potential for abuse by a despotic government.

I don't pray for your enemy or mine to be in same state I was when my phone was stolen because issues of phone or phone number won't be a priority. Beside, why block a sim that's of importance and was still going through tracking?

My phone was stolen, I blocked it the same day and got a new one next week, I still found the phone through IMEI tracking which you can do without a sim.

Your are not special at all.
Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 06, 2022
Theunbothered:

If you are making an effort I should see a result, if not then I have every reason to call the effort nonsense, especially when it has huge potential for abuse by a despotic government.

That's what we are all hoping to see someday which is now. But we should not criticise every efforts made. They may not yeild our desirable results now but with time they will. Patience is the key
Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 06, 2022
Great0ne1:

Criminal activities like mine ? Can you name just one ?

Personality defamation by calling me names at first. It is criminal to the law. Hence you're guilty. Lol
Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 06, 2022
Theunbothered:

Quickly tell me how many yahoo boys have been arrested through NIN so far?

What of the yahoo boy named Abba Kyari who they initially released?

After all SARS were killing random people in the interest of slowing yahoo boys.
They just began the process, so it'll definitely be effective after some time
Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 06, 2022
Theunbothered:

My phone was stolen, I blocked it the same day and got a new one next week, I still found the phone through IMEI tracking which you can do without a sim.

Your are not special at all.

Thought you were making some sense until you talked about being special. Can you tell me under which circumstances your phone was stolen? Mr special
Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by Theunbothered: 6:23pm On Apr 06, 2022
tonyuny12:

I'm feeding well bro, and not depended on Buhari government. Closing the border was for a purpose even though it was implemented the wrong way as it should have been gradually done.

The purpose was idiotic and didn't achieve anything, no country that isn't at war with it's neighbours will close all land borders for years because of ordinary rice smuggling.

Libya did it and she became self sufficient as compared to when it depended on imports.

I don't give a damn about Libya, Nigeria is not Libya, mentioning them is irrelevant because the policy failed.

Previous government had fought social media and attacked personel of such like our darling Jonathan did when he instructed military to do so prior to his last election. Whatever that is happening to Nigeria today isn't unique to the personality of Buhari or his government.

Jonathan never blocked social media, closed the borders or released terrorists under a failed amnesty programme, these are unique to Buhari.

Regardless we should not be comparing failures when the new administration promised change.
Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by Theunbothered: 6:28pm On Apr 06, 2022
tonyuny12:

Thought you were making some sense until you talked about being special. Can you tell me under which circumstances your phone was stolen? Mr special

Your phone was stolen and you were going through a tough time but you left it that way for weeks and are now using it as a point of argument online.

If you actually cared about your identity being stolen you would have blocked that sim immediately but you want to use your own lack of diligence as an excuse for government overreach.
Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by West2019(m): 6:38pm On Apr 06, 2022
FuckDModz:
Animals.

Nigerians will always wait till dying minutes to get anything done. Then the animals will turn around and blame the system.

I hope their useless lines remain barred till December.

Fucking bastards!
you are the most animal here bastard idiot
Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by Great0ne1: 6:51pm On Apr 06, 2022
tonyuny12:

Personality defamation by calling me names at first. It is criminal to the law. Hence you're guilty. Lol
You actually think you are not an idiot ?
Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by alphaNomega: 7:05pm On Apr 06, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Pussy ass government and pussy ass Pantami with no ideology

Ain't linking no shit....funny enough my glo line is still making outgoing calls since yesterday
Just like I said
Pantami ain't go no knowledge...

Nin- sim linking should be a continuous process

No deadline....no barring of sim card from making out going calls....and nothing should happen to people sim card who refused to link

The only thing they should insist on is that when ever you are buying a new sim...it must be linked.

With this ....gradually or as time goes on or rather many years later.....sim card not linked to nin will automatically not be in circulation and it will fizzle out on its own
This was the approach they chose but I think they've agreed to yank off all unlinked SIMs regardless. While this is not a bad step, let's see what they can achieve with this.
Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by lexy2014: 7:31pm On Apr 06, 2022
qekng40:
Another distraction from FG.

They will postpone the linkage thing again, they know what they are doing...

Instead of tackling insecurities, you're stressing ordinary Nigerians with Sim brouhaha

My dear, only a few see and understand the format. I wish Nigerians were more resolute instead of allowing govt bullying
Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by lexy2014: 7:35pm On Apr 06, 2022
Senomii:

They just began the process, so it'll definitely be effective after some time

Is that so? What of BVN? Did they just begin the process? Didn't they force people to do BVN with the promise that BVN will stop corruption, kidnpping and 419? Pls how far with that?
Re: SIM-NIN: Deactivated Subscribers Storm Telecom Outlets, Queues Mount by lexy2014: 7:36pm On Apr 06, 2022
Senomii:

How does blocking people's lines slow down yahoo boys?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please, How Do I Stop My Phone From Displaying Unknown Number / What Are Your Top 3 Most Used Apps? / Infinix Unveils Hot 7 Device In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.