Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? (4456 Views)

APC Blast PDP:'A Party That Can't Even Spell Its Name Wants 2 Save Nigeria'(pics / Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! / Save Nigeria Group (sng) -abuja Mass Rally 12/january/2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by Chimonie(m): 12:00am On Jul 06, 2011
Well, we are all entitled to our different opinions.
SNG gave us GEJ. How please?
Did they make him the VP? Was the rally enough to stop the military from taking over if they wanted to?
It's like a game of chess.
Bakare had all this planned out. He only wanted a means of increasing his popularity will trying to make Nigerians believe he had a just course he was fighting for. Simple, the SNG was more of a screen to sheild the populace from knowing his agenda. Just being a pastor won't have given him that popularity he needed. So the group has played its role and simply died/ gone into oblivion.
Or is Nigeria saved now? They are all politicians!
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by egift(m): 1:26am On Jul 06, 2011
Chimonie:

Well, we are all entitled to our different opinions.
SNG gave us GEJ. How please?
Did they make him the VP? Was the rally enough to stop the military from taking over if they wanted to?
It's like a game of chess.
Bakare had all this planned out. He only wanted a means of increasing his popularity will trying to make Nigerians believe he had a just course he was fighting for. Simple, the SNG was more of a screen to sheild the populace from knowing his agenda. Just being a pastor won't have given him that popularity he needed. So the group has played its role and simply died/ gone into oblivion.
Or is Nigeria saved now? They are all politicians!

For the part in bold, let me reply in your dose format.
- Chimonie, you had it all planned out; Asking questions innocently, later you showed your smear in the bold part.
- The Transformation and Fresh Air mantra was one big scam that was packaged and feed all the mugus in Nigeria.
- The "Azikwe" and "Ebele" name connotation was the largest scam scheme mated against Ndigbo in the history of Nigeria.
- The constant use of his name "Goodluck" throughout the campaign was in a bid to hide the failure of the Party and lure Nigerians who hoping to have some kind of "Luck" too, since hard work is not yielding much as the system is already bad.
- The "I had No Shoes", "Have No Enemies" speeches were aimed at selling an expired "I Have Been In Government For 12yrs - With No Result To Show" in a redesign new pack.

@Chimonie
How do you feel when the truth is served raw? Happy or in denial? Next time if you want kind words, do same to those in the other end.
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by lagcity(m): 3:08am On Jul 06, 2011
ZnO:

It is one of those nondescript, fake, 419 socio-political groups that SWners form - similar to NADECO- when things go against them, only to jump ship when they seem to get or be getting what they want.

fake & 419? now ZnO, we all know your ppl have these two things in their blood. wink sharing your family business on NL isn't a smart idea.
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by donobi(m): 6:52am On Jul 06, 2011
Pdp is more than a party, do u think any group ill survive in nigeria? Pdp hate opposition they no how powerful this group is so they use them to restore peace and stability in our country but after there usefullness, gej move most of its members en-mass into pdp to gather support for him so that he can use their support to decleared his intention to run for seat of the president, today gej is the president and their relevance is no longer useful, most of their members ve seen the nature of pdp and left the party and they are here castigatigating gej and pdp dont they know who they are? make God deliver nigerians from the hands of pdp. No group can survive in nigeria as long as pdp remain in power.
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by violent(m): 7:32am On Jul 06, 2011
I would suspect that the group lost its voice due to Bakare's political ambition.
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by http(m): 7:38am On Jul 06, 2011
check ur backyard grin
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by Chimonie(m): 10:33am On Jul 06, 2011
@egift
The question remains where is SNG now?
I don't know him who has asked this question but the truth remains as I have said above.
Go to page one and start reading again, majority of what is said about SNG points to the same thing - Bakare had an agenda, thus the group died.
You sound so hurt. there are many ways of letting the president know you are aggrieved.
This is no ethnic or brother/sister fight.
About how I feel? - Great!
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by DrummaBoy(m): 4:58pm On Jul 06, 2011
@Chimonie
I have followed Tunde Bakare's life and teachings since 1998 when I became a christian and I can state categorically that that man is a man of truth and means what he says, while saying what he means.
One of the things I discovered about him is that he someone whom the world unfortunately labels 'living as the Spirit leads'. He does he things as he is sincerely led of the Spirit. For example the theme of the Jan' 2010 protest 'Enough is Enough' was the title of a message he preached mid 2004. It took him another 6 years to again use that theme for a mass protest. Today everyone is saying 'enough is enough', even the NLC, that where unseen in the Jan' 2010 protest. It could only have been God who would ochestrate such a well planned and effective protest through a man who dared to be led of the Spirit.
Where I am going to is the issue of this man sincerity, on whether the SNG was a means to Bakare's political end or not. I firmly say no. He was led by God's Spirit into it.
How? Like we all know Tunde Bakare was one of Buhari's harshest critics. From his words he along with members of the SNG met with leading political figures in the PDP, ACN, CPC, etc. They were looking for some certain minimums in the party's manifesto and style, like internal democracy, manifesto, etc. He said that of all of them, only Buhari's CPC met this minimum. He spoke of an incident of how he met Ribadu in London and both of them had a long talk in the latter's car for hours. Still he was not convinced of Ribadu.
He was later to come out publicly to declare his support for Buhari. By Dec 2010/Jan 2011, the SNG began working at an alliance btw the ACN and CPC. The alliance talk broke down. This was when Buhari resorted to Bakare for his running mate, for which Bakare at first took up reluctanctly. It took the like of this The Sun Newspaper Editor, to write an article @ 'Run Bakare Run'. After careful consultation bakare took up the challenge and the rest is history today.
I maintain that good man did not have a preconceived plan of running as running mate to Buhari, atleast based on his messages and what I know of him from his lifesyle.

I only asked this question 'where is Save Nigeria Group' because Bakare hardly mentions it in his messages I listen to on the internet. But from what many of written here I harner that when GEJ could not bribe the key leaders of the group, he then infiltrated there ranks and bought them over to himself. And typical of Bakare, rather than joining issues with those guys he left the thing for them.
Like most discusses on NL one can never win an argument. You can only make your point as resonbaly as possible and hope that some are convinced.
Tunde Bakare formed the save nigeria group as God led him to save this country from great evil. He did his bit and probabaly felt he could go further in helping by running fro elective position. But the people or is it the PDP felt otherwise and we've LOST the chance of a life time.

GOD SAVE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by proudly9ja(m): 5:47pm On Jul 06, 2011
Is it only SNG?

What happened to 'Light Up Nigeria'? What happened to all the musical artistes that formed groups that sprang up early this year to protest all sorts of injustice in Nigeria?

Answer is simple. The ruling party played its card right. Those that could be bribed were bribed (see ElDee vs Dbanj issue) and those that could not be bribed were infiltrated and defeated from the inside (see 'SNG disowns Bakare').

Its the name of the game in Naija. Its not easy to be a Gani Fawehinmi. Even Gani himself was stoned in Lagos after the 2003 elections during the Tinubu 'Chicago' issue.
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by enyojo(f): 6:06pm On Jul 06, 2011
[size=20pt] egift, God bless you for a job well done!!
You deserve an award!
[/size]
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by jmaine: 8:47pm On Jul 06, 2011
An award for saying nothing . . .reminds me of what is obtainable at the religious section of this land
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by Chimonie(m): 9:22pm On Jul 06, 2011
Well, the man Bakare is a pastor and I expect his followers to speak for him.
On a serious note, what did SNG achieve when in existence?
@ Drummaboy
you sound contradictory in your statement. We all know that Bakare would have continued to preach to all who cared to listen to join the SNG if it was still in existence and had a meaningful purpose to achieve. IT SIMPLY DIED BECAUSE THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH IT WAS CREATED HAS BEEN ACCOMPLISHED.
Why is he not trying to bring it back to life now that boko haram won't let peace be in Nigeria?
Why is it called the 'save nigeria group'? Is Nigeria finally saved?
The man knows what he is doing.
You claim he was led by the spirit. Why won't he be? who doesn't want power and money? why won't anyone be 'lead by the spirit' to go into politics when money and power is involved.
Why would a shepherd leave his flock in the first place for politics?
Yet we are to give to Ceasar what is his and to God, God's.
When you really want to know who a man is, give him power.
Don't be decived, his ambition lead him into politics. When you are lead by the spirit, you can't fail!
You said it yourself. Why would he contest with someone whom he criticized? A case of a dog eating its vomit.
It's all ambition.!!! The Holy Spirit I know will never fail when it leads you.
I rest my case.
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by dayokanu(m): 9:46pm On Jul 06, 2011
Chimonie:

SNG liberated Odechukwu Jonathan from the aprons of Turain yar Adua where he was a full time Houseboy
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by egift(m): 11:31am On Jul 07, 2011
enyojo:

[size=20pt] egift, God bless you for a job well done!!
You deserve an award!
[/size]

Thank you. At your service.

@All
Nigeria as a Nation have the potential to be a greater nation, but forces of Evil and greedy Nigerians is pulling us down, Please lets not keep quite rather lets do all we can. Pastor Tunde Bakare did what he could (may not be perfect, but great), let nobody take it up to tear him down.
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by rolchi(m): 3:06pm On Jul 07, 2011
DrummaBoy:

@Chimonie
I have followed Tunde Bakare's life and teachings since 1998 when I became a christian and I can state categorically that that man is a man of truth and means what he says, while saying what he means.
One of the things I discovered about him is that he someone whom the world unfortunately labels 'living as the Spirit leads'. He does he things as he is sincerely led of the Spirit. For example the theme of the Jan' 2010 protest 'Enough is Enough' was the title of a message he preached mid 2004. It took him another 6 years to again use that theme for a mass protest. Today everyone is saying 'enough is enough', even the NLC, that where unseen in the Jan' 2010 protest. It could only have been God who would ochestrate such a well planned and effective protest through a man who dared to be led of the Spirit.
Where I am going to is the issue of this man sincerity, on whether the SNG was a means to Bakare's political end or not. I firmly say no. He was led by God's Spirit into it.
How? Like we all know Tunde Bakare was one of Buhari's harshest critics. From his words he along with members of the SNG met with leading political figures in the PDP, ACN, CPC, etc. They were looking for some certain minimums in the party's manifesto and style, like internal democracy, manifesto, etc. He said that of all of them, only Buhari's CPC met this minimum. He spoke of an incident of how he met Ribadu in London and both of them had a long talk in the latter's car for hours. Still he was not convinced of Ribadu.
He was later to come out publicly to declare his support for Buhari. By Dec 2010/Jan 2011, the SNG began working at an alliance btw the ACN and CPC. The alliance talk broke down. This was when Buhari resorted to Bakare for his running mate, for which Bakare at first took up reluctanctly. It took the like of this The Sun Newspaper Editor, to write an article @ 'Run Bakare Run'. After careful consultation bakare took up the challenge and the rest is history today.
I maintain that good man did not have a preconceived plan of running as running mate to Buhari, atleast based on his messages and what I know of him from his lifesyle.

I only asked this question 'where is Save Nigeria Group' because Bakare hardly mentions it in his messages I listen to on the internet. But from what many of written here I harner that when GEJ could not bribe the key leaders of the group, he then infiltrated there ranks and bought them over to himself. And typical of Bakare, rather than joining issues with those guys he left the thing for them.
Like most discusses on NL one can never win an argument. You can only make your point as resonbaly as possible and hope that some are convinced.
Tunde Bakare formed the save nigeria group as God led him to save this country from great evil. He did his bit and probabaly felt he could go further in helping by running fro elective position. But the people or is it the PDP felt otherwise and we've LOST the chance of a life time.

Long Sermon, but will god lead you to reject something and again lead you to pick it up? The God I know does not change neither is he the son of a man, that He should lie. If He says yes, he means yes!
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by DrummaBoy(m): 2:30pm On Jul 08, 2011
Like I said nobody can win an argument here wit likes Chimonie
Is there any1 who workd inside SNG wit an answer?
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by luluosas(m): 5:30pm On Jul 08, 2011
werepeLeri:

Seriously, something must be wrong with this person. The poster merely asked a question, and see what the response is from a dim wit.

The response of the guy does not warrant your outcry na. He just said his mind which is the truth. Maybe you are the DIM WIT.
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by luluosas(m): 4:31pm On Jul 09, 2011
DrummaBoy:

@Chimonie

Tunde Bakare formed the save nigeria group as God led him to save this country from great evil. He did his bit and probabaly felt he could go further in helping by running fro elective position. But the people or is it the PDP felt otherwise and we've LOST  the chance of a life time.

His type is the die hard type. They rather die than admit that something is wrong with current leaders rulers in Nigeria.
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by luluosas(m): 4:34pm On Jul 09, 2011
Chimonie:

@ Drummaboy
you sound contradictory in your statement. We all know that Bakare would have continued to preach to all who cared to listen to join the SNG if it was still in existence and had a meaningful purpose to achieve. IT SIMPLY DIED BECAUSE THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH IT WAS CREATED HAS BEEN ACCOMPLISHED.
Why is he not trying to bring it back to life now that boko haram won't let peace be in Nigeria?
Why is it called the 'save nigeria group'? Is Nigeria finally saved?
The man knows what he is doing.
You claim he was led by the spirit. Why won't he be? who doesn't want power and money? why won't anyone be 'lead by the spirit' to go into politics when money and power is involved.
Why would a shepherd leave his flock in the first place for politics?
Yet we are to give to Ceasar what is his and to God, God's.
When you really want to know who a man is, give him power.
Don't be decived, his ambition lead him into politics. When you are lead by the spirit, you can't fail!
You said it yourself. Why would he contest with someone whom he criticized? A case of a dog eating its vomit.
It's all ambition.!!! The Holy Spirit I know will never fail when it leads you.
I rest my case.

No matter how hard you tried to rubbish Pst Bakare, you are only exposing your ignorance. You better back out.
Re: Where Is Save Nigeria Group (SNG)? by REDshouse(m): 8:03pm On Jul 11, 2011
;d :d

(1) (2) (Reply)

SEUN IS A DISGRACE TO NIGERIA!!! / FG May Cancel The Construction of the Second Niger Bridge / Very Disturbing News From Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.