Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister (7267 Views)

Nigerians React To Amaechi's Confirmation As Minister Online / PDP Senators Walk Out As Senate Confirms Amaechi As Minister (Photos) / Fuel Subsidy: Sahara Energy’s Tope Sonubi And Tonye Cole On The Run (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by prettyG: 3:37pm On Jul 05, 2011
Tonye Cole dropped from ministerial list | Daily Times Nigeria

Ezebunwo Wike, the Chief of Staff to Governor Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers State, has been used to replace Cole
Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by Chyz2: 5:05pm On Jul 05, 2011
Ndigbo, we are on a come up! cool

I hope you are seeing the benefit of keeping the Rivers State Igbos in the SS, at the end it works out for us all. wink
Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:42pm On Jul 05, 2011
Between Tonye Cole and Ezebunwo Wike, who has the most experience of the industry to better provide vision and innovation it requires
Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by EzeUche(m): 5:55pm On Jul 05, 2011
Amaechi is a fine governor. cheesy
Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by Bensonite: 6:05pm On Jul 05, 2011
Chyz*:

Ndigbo, we are on a come up! cool

I hope you are seeing the benefit of keeping the Rivers State Igbos in the SS, at the end it works out for us all. wink
keep deceiving yourself! the people you call Igbo will almost cut your neck if you tell them dis on their face.
Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by Rhino5dm: 6:09pm On Jul 05, 2011
^ Don't mind the dolt. I dare him to go to Ikwerre land and utter such to see what will remain of him. Blind delusion.
Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by EzeUche(m): 6:12pm On Jul 05, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

^ Don't mind the dolt. I dare him to go to Ikwerre land and utter such to see what will remain of him. Blind delusion.

You must not know these people. They are already outnumbered by hinterland Igbos in there own land.

And many Ikwerre see themselves as Igbo.

Ikwerre, anu Meka! Meka! Meka o!  cool
Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by aljharem3: 6:13pm On Jul 05, 2011
Bensonite:

keep deceiving yourself! the people you call Igbo will almost cut your neck if you tell them dis on their face.

are u minding them
Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by Rhino5dm: 6:31pm On Jul 05, 2011
keep your deceptions to the pages of internet. Am married to half Ikwerre, half yoruba lady, and i know them in and out. From outside you might be decieve by their names and lingua to think they are thesame with igbos until you come close to them to realize the extent of hatred they have towards igbos. Look i dare you to utter such to their face and see whether you wont be lynched.

Meka ooo!

EzeUche:

You must not know these people. They are already outnumbered by hinterland Igbos in there own land.

And many Ikwerre see themselves as Igbo.

Ikwerre, anu Meka! Meka! Meka o! cool
Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by EzeUche(m): 6:41pm On Jul 05, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

keep your deceptions to the pages of internet. Am married to half Ikwerre, half yoruba lady, and i know them in and out. From outside you might be decieve by their names and lingua to think they are thesame with igbos until you come close to them to realize the extent of hatred they have towards igbos.  Look i dare you to utter such to their face and see whether you wont be lynched.

Meka ooo!

A minor Igbo clan that does not know its roots.

Rivers state is Igbo. Do not make the mistake to think the Ikwerre are the only Igbo clan in Rivers state.

Do you think Igboland stops at Abia and Imo?  shocked

I could care less what the Ikwerre think. Why is it my concern, when they are such a small group?
Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by Bensonite: 6:47pm On Jul 05, 2011
EzeUche:

A minor Igbo clan that does not know its roots.

Rivers state is Igbo. Do not make the mistake to think the Ikwerre are the only Igbo clan in Rivers state.

Do you think Igboland stops at Abia and Imo? shocked

I could care less what the Ikwerre think. Why is it my concern, when they are such a small group?
Thanks for heeding to advice.
Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by Afam4eva(m): 6:54pm On Jul 05, 2011
@ Rhino and co
Some of you have never been to port-hacourt, that's why I will forgive your ignorance. Ikwerres hate Igbos so much that about 30% of their men are married to eastern Igbos. They despise Igbos so much that they are members of Ohaneze ndigbo. They loathe us so much that their beautiful ladies contest in the AdaIgbo beauty pageant. Just like Ezeuche affirmed, eastern Igbos outnumber them in their own territory. If you have questions just ask instead of displaying your unquantifyable ignorance.And pls stop using those "My girlfirnd is Ikwerre" argument to make a point. It's only on nairaland that people have Yoruba father, igbo mother, hausa aunty, ijaw uncle etc just so that they can lie through their teeth.
Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by ZnO: 6:55pm On Jul 05, 2011
Ikwerre is not the only Igboid people in Rivers State
Ogba Egbema Ndoni and even Opobo are
Some Ikweres and most of Etche accept their igboness though.
Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by Afam4eva(m): 7:03pm On Jul 05, 2011
I've always wondered why Ikwerre Etch accept their Igboness more than other Ikwerre people.
Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by ZnO: 7:06pm On Jul 05, 2011
afam4eva:

I've always wondered why Ikwerre Etch accept their Igboness more than other Ikwerre people.

They seem to have more kinship across the boarder with Abia and Imo. Also, Obigbo (Oyigbo) is 100% Igbo
Oyigbo means e resemble Igbo (something the feds coined from the real name Obigbo) (Igbo heart or an Igbo enclave)
Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by Rhino5dm: 7:16pm On Jul 05, 2011
Am in PH right now! sorry to disappoint you. Do you want to meet me? I shall be at genesis delux cinema this night, so do we have date? Then i can tell you right to your face! I dare you to accept my invitation and i buy you a drink. Take this apportunity to expose the 'lying' Rhino.

Look i owned a house here in PH because i frequent here for my business. You can only fool people that uses google earth or google map but not me. I know this fertile land for long and i run things here. If you stomach the courage to utter this in PH you will be lynched. Mark my words!

afam4eva:

@ Rhino and co
Some of you have never been to port-hacourt, that's why I will forgive your ignorance. Ikwerres hate Igbos so much that about 30% of their men are married to eastern Igbos. They despise Igbos so much that they are members of Ohaneze ndigbo. They loathe us so much that their beautiful ladies contest in the AdaIgbo beauty pageant. Just like Ezeuche affirmed, eastern Igbos outnumber them in their own territory. If you have questions just ask instead of displaying your unquantifyable ignorance.And pls stop using those "My girlfirnd is Ikwerre" argument to make a point. It's only on nairaland that people have Yoruba father, igbo mother, hausa aunty, ijaw uncle etc just so that they can lie through their teeth.
Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by ZnO: 7:22pm On Jul 05, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Am in PH right now! sorry to disappoint you. Do you want to meet me? I shall be at genesis delux cinema this night, so do we have date? Then i can tell you right to your face! I dare you to accept my invitation and i buy you a drink. Take this apportunity to expose the 'lying' Rhino.

Look i owned a house here in PH because i frequent here for my business. You can only fool people that uses google earth or google map but not me. I know this fertile land for long and i run things here. If you stomach the courage to utter this in PH you will be lynched. Mark my words!

You are the only one who lives or lived in PH and own houses? lol. Some of us lived there all our lives.
Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by ektbear: 7:33pm On Jul 05, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

If you stomach the courage to utter this in PH you will be lynched. Mark my words!

Which of them have the liver? None of them have taken up your challenge grin grin grin
Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by dayokanu(m): 7:37pm On Jul 05, 2011
Ok,
Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by pingpong1: 7:45pm On Jul 05, 2011
when are you people going to deal with the topic and leave this time-worn issue.
Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by Fogman(m): 7:59pm On Jul 05, 2011
Derailed thread!
Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by Bensonite: 9:49pm On Jul 05, 2011
afam4eva:

@ Rhino and co
I sympathesize at your ignorance. I am a full born of Rivers from riverrine(Ijaw) extraction. Born in Port Harcourt, schooled here and working in Port Harcourt. Please try and honor Rhino invitation to clear your doubts. I will be willing to invite you if you don't mind also.
Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by Afam4eva(m): 10:03pm On Jul 05, 2011
@Bensomite
And your point is?
Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by Rhino5dm: 10:16pm On Jul 05, 2011
Thank you and God bless you.
Stop taking those internet warriors serious, most of them use google earth to locate PH, yet they are not patriotic to be making such riduclous claims.and when its time to prove their worth they ran for cover with their tail in between their legs.
Bensonite:

I sympathesize at your ignorance. I am a full born of Rivers from riverrine(Ijaw) extraction. Born in Port Harcourt, schooled here and working in Port Harcourt. Please try and honor Rhino invitation to clear your doubts. I will be willing to invite you if you don't mind also.

They wonder why they are hated this much with all these their shallow claiming of other peoples properties. How can you take what is not yours? To my little knowledge there are many brave tribes in Rivers that will for ever resisit this false claims.

Just the other day, a fool was telling me they owned lagos, Abuja and all the big cities in the country.
Mr 'smart' wouldn't want you to acquire a land in Imo yet he has the guts to be claiming Rivers,Lagos,Abuja & Kano. country.
Mr 'smart' wouldn't want you to acquire a land in Imo yet he has the guts to be claiming Rivers,Lagos,Abuja & Kano.
Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by Ojiofor: 11:55pm On Jul 05, 2011
what is the aguement here?that there are no Igbos in rivers state,does that include ObIgbo and Egbema communities of which the other half of Egbema is still located in Imo state and they are proudly Igbo for example if there is boundary adjustment tomorow and they are taken to Rivers state they will seize to be Igbo (na only in 9ja sha).una dey make me laugh, una pre and post war propoganda has failed woefully soon Ndigbo will reclaim their lost brothers and sisters whom the likes of Obusonjo and E.clark deceived into denying their identity and there is nothing u haters can do about it.NONSENSE!
Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by Chyz2: 12:15am On Jul 06, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

I've been to Ikwere and had discussion with them about being Igbo, I had no problem wink. . .Igbos are on the up and up.
Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by yarodin: 12:44am On Jul 07, 2011
Chyz*:

I've been to Ikwere and had discussion with them about being Igbo, I had no problem wink. . .Igbos are on the up and up.

Yes, most Ikwere people I have met deny been Igbo, but they have Igbo names, speak Igbo, and when they go to cities like Enugu, Owerri, Aba etc they easily fit in without any wahala. I guess they just like some parts of Onitsha (also the parts close to Benue) that speak Igbo but their main dialect is totally not Igbo sounding. IKwere or no Ikwere, Igbo people full for Port Harcourt.
Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by Tyche(m): 1:20am On Jul 07, 2011
Shall we ever discuss a topic here without introducing tribalism. This is what is killing us. it's pathetic.
Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by Rhino5dm: 4:02am On Jul 07, 2011
Go back and tell them that Igbos owned PH and see what will remain of you. Sey una sabi claim things abi? I dare you to declare PH is igbos territory and see whether you will get out alive. Nonsense!

If you like buy and buy lands with all sorts of proxy, PH can never be Igbo state just the way JOS would never be Hausa/Fulani state, even if majority of the indigine speaks Hausa, Use Hausa outfit, and eat Hausa food. Get it!

Chyz*:

Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by WaltherPPK: 8:08am On Jul 07, 2011
The truth is that Igbos are in Rivers State ( Obigbo, Etche, Egbema etc) but Ezebunwo Nyesom Wike is not an Igbo man, he is Ikwerre.Ikwerres are not Igbos though they speak what looks like Igbo but they have never accepted Igbo origin.However, this is still a digression form the topic.The question should be the reason for GEJ's substitution of Tonye Cole with Wike.People should try to be objective and not use every opportunity to spew tribal hatred.
Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by Bensonite: 8:26am On Jul 07, 2011
Back to OP,
I would think that Tonye Cole is a technocrat/professional compared to Ezebunwo Nyesor Wike going by is background. He has never really been on the political scene except his father who contested for governorship in 90's. From some of the activities of Ezebunwor Wike, Chief of staff government house, which is hampering the governors' smooth running of the state he has since opted for the chief of staff to be out of his circles. First he tried pushing him to the senate which did not work out but now seems possible since the governors have say in the ministerial nominee.
Re: Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister by mbulela: 9:14am On Jul 07, 2011
Amaechi is no different from the rest.
I was complaining of Tonye Cole then he goes and replaces him with his thug.
what will this guy offer to the cabinet?
anyway he will be in a familiar circle.
Tonye should go and face his privae business and forget this deceptive govt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks / I Heard That Biafrans Are Protesting In Aba Right Now / Why We Engage Foreign Lobbyists, Media Consultants-fg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.