Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? (27720 Views)

Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? / JAMB Registration Statistics 2019/2020, See People That Applied For Your Course / After Years Of Graduation, Can You Still Define Your Course Of Study? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by JohnnA1: 8:13pm On Apr 09, 2022
nenyewrites:

International relations
Fantastic course.

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Joeyfizzo: 8:17pm On Apr 09, 2022
Viraltrends123:
and lots of connections isn't it?
my set was based on 90% merit
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Newton2024: 8:20pm On Apr 09, 2022
sript:

Here too, in my final year,,( microbiology bsc)

Just thinking how it's a waste of time studying such course in clime as this...

Don't know maybe to pick up jamb form and put in for another course...(radiography)

Microbiology, Biochemistry, Zoology, Botany, etc. They sound Behind but not wanted Nigeria. I have never seen a vacancy for any of them before.
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by bizzibodi(m): 8:21pm On Apr 09, 2022
Viraltrends123:
Sorry, I don't understand this question
I mean if U didn't join d military, will your architecture get you readily employment or self employment?where you will say U are doing well?
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by SparrowLeague: 8:22pm On Apr 09, 2022
Newton2024:
How many vacancies for Geology graduates have you seen in the past one year? Don't allow your lecturers deceive you unless you have connections.

It's my dream course bro.
I will put in all my best in it.
No connections.........but I believe strongly I will thrive well embarassed

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Johnchrix(m): 8:26pm On Apr 09, 2022
sript:

Here too, in my final year,,( microbiology bsc)

Just thinking how it's a waste of time studying such course in clime as this...

Don't know maybe to pick up jamb form and put in for another course...(radiography)

Jamb still selling form till now?
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by SparrowLeague: 8:26pm On Apr 09, 2022
Ebubu:
pharmacy is very enjoyable to practice.

Notice I didn’t pick any professional course above it?

Because to me there’s none above it. Doctors who are their competitors don’t even make how much they make in community pharmacies.

I only pick Tech, Business and then Politics above Pharmacy.

Don’t even mention oil industry cos it’s literally no longer existent in Nigeria again.

Pharmacy is very great among other professional courses in Nigeria but Tech boys and their dollars don spin my eyes with their Dollars.

Have been following ya comment on this thread.
I must say......ya threading bad bro.

Please believe so well in the pharmacy you are studying. Believe in it as if your life depends on it.
And fate will decide.
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Viraltrends123: 8:29pm On Apr 09, 2022
Joeyfizzo:
my set was based on 90% merit
Thanks, I will like to try my luck when I graduate. Air Force or Navy is the best thing I have ever thought of, Not lecturing, not farming, not any yam business, I heard starting salary is above 150k isn't it?
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Newton2024: 8:30pm On Apr 09, 2022
SparrowLeague:

It's my dream course bro.
I will put in all my best in it.
No connections.........but I believe strongly I will thrive well embarassed
I wish you can read the comments of graduates on this thread. They also believed as you believe now. If believe is enough, we will not even need to go to the university in the first place. I'm not discouraging you but being realistic. My opinion though.
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Banbanna(m): 8:31pm On Apr 09, 2022
KingJasonHope:
shocked Please oh.. Is Nautical science(working as a sailor on a ship) a good course to study??

Does that even exist in any Nigerian Uni? That would have been a dream course for me, if I was still aspiring for a varsity admission, coz I've always loved 2 work with ships sailing the seas.
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Viraltrends123: 8:31pm On Apr 09, 2022
bizzibodi:

I mean if U didn't join d military, will your architecture get you readily employment or self employment?where you will say U are doing well?
You've misplaced who you wanted to ask this question, it's actually for @ Joeyfizzo .
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by logic102(m): 8:33pm On Apr 09, 2022
I studied philosophy but still do not know what to philosophize on

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Nacl: 8:34pm On Apr 09, 2022
It's easy to get a job as a nurse just that most nurses are not paid well these days.
I studied Industrial Chemistry. I'm now Into my own business supplying industrial and laboratory equipment/chemicals. Never regretted.

4 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Ebubu: 8:35pm On Apr 09, 2022
SparrowLeague:

Have been following ya comment on this thread.
I must say......ya threading bad bro.

Please believe so well in the pharmacy you are studying. Believe in it as if your life depends on it.
And fate will decide.
thanks for the advice. I’ll reflect on it
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Ebubu: 8:36pm On Apr 09, 2022
Nacl:
It's easy to get a job as a nurse just that most nurses are not paid well these days.
I studied Industrial Chemistry. I'm now Into my own business supplying industrial and laboratory equipment/chemicals. Never regretted.
how much did you use to start the business
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Otakkka1212: 8:37pm On Apr 09, 2022
[Am currently studying URP in same institution don't even know what to do with course once am donequote author=DropsMic post=111788164]Wasted five years of my life studying Estate Management in the University of Nigeria... [/quote]
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Ebubu: 8:43pm On Apr 09, 2022
Phenomenal16:
Lol
I studied nursing
Currently doing my internship
Buh m going for tech/IT once I leave Nigeria
To each his own
lolz which country
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by vikgreen01(m): 8:44pm On Apr 09, 2022
Joeyfizzo:
I studied Architecture and am a commissioned officer in the Navy .... It's a dream come true. I don't regret one bit...I'll still study Architect n join the military if ever I reincarnate.

I’m pretty sure u joined with some sort of connections grin grin grin grin

Are u still able to practice your profession
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by ORIAYO70(m): 8:46pm On Apr 09, 2022
SavageBoy:
If you aren't going to school to study any of the courses listed below, pls don't bother going at all:

•Medicine
•Nursing
•Pharmacy
•Computer Science
•Radiography
•Some engineering courses

If it's not any of the above, abeg sit down for house, use that money you would have used to pay school fees and get a Laptop... start learning to code,in 8 months time,you'll be glad you did so.

What I came to realize about life is this; our parents know what they've seen when they urge and insist we study "professional" courses in school,but we young folks disregard their point of view as "ancient"... I for example was studying Botany in the university, reasoned what I'll do with this thing in the long run... omorr I saw I was just wasting my time oh,took jamb in my third year,applied for pharmacy in a federal university, got the admission... I'm really glad I made that decision.

Living in Nigeria is hard... don't make it harder for yourselves by studying Nonsense

No be like,

I studied Social Work, which I had diploma in Banking before, but my village people push me to study Social work, now they said na UK work dey, transport to ikeja I no get not to talk of Passport.
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by ORIAYO70(m): 8:47pm On Apr 09, 2022
Duke007:
It's been almost two decade since my graduation as an engineer. l have acquired a master's degree and certification. l have worked as an engineer, operations manager & sales manager.

l have not acheived the financial buoyancy l desired. l still struggle to pay my bills. l beleive l would have fared better as a lawyer or an accountant.
What's your opinion on this?

No be lie

I studied Social Work, which I had diploma in Banking before, but my village people push me to study Social work, now they said na UK work dey, transport to ikeja I no get not to talk of Passport.

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by SavageBoy: 8:49pm On Apr 09, 2022
ORIAYO70:

No be like,

God will help you sir
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by lugzii: 8:59pm On Apr 09, 2022
Yes. I cant even remember what the course was about.

Cant even put into practise anything about the course.

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by vikgreen01(m): 9:03pm On Apr 09, 2022
akpascomartino:

Lots for you. You can work in Food Manufacturing coy(breweries, confectionery etc) , Petrochemicals (eg fertilizer) , Oil and Gas etc.

Even in the military. Chemistry, industrial chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering/science are all under explosive engineering and/or explosive science and technology but I see some commenters insulting those courses. Go and look at the ongoing direct short service commission for professionals of the Nigerian army many of their so called professional courses are been relegated….

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by ORIAYO70(m): 9:06pm On Apr 09, 2022
SavageBoy:

God will help you sir

Amen thanks
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by chuksPraise50(m): 9:13pm On Apr 09, 2022
I'm a fresh civil engineering graduate with 3years under graduate experience... (awaiting nysc)...I'm looking for a place for internship opportunity.. cponyeute95@gmail.com or 07065301857...All location
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Cognitivereason: 9:15pm On Apr 09, 2022
stevedeey:
Had I not changed my course from Agronomy to Computer Science I'd have regretted. Thank God for the decision I made. God did not allow Lautech to change my destiny - I picked computer science they gave me Agronomy, a name I had not hear about until when I was offered a provisional admission into dept of Agronomy...agro wetin? Mo ya Japa.... Funny enough some people were encouraging me to stay at Agronomy saying that's what God wants for you and bla bla bla...

The bolded... cheesy
The only regret is the school I am studying not the course

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Viraltrends123: 9:16pm On Apr 09, 2022
Newton2024:

I agree with you that everything is destiny. But you can't compare yourself with Jonathan. Even his daughter married a medical doctor not a zoologist.

1. Employment rate is lower now than then. In those days, even with ordinary O'level, you are already employed by the government.

2. Nobody needs a zoologist now aside some govt universities and they can't employ up to 0.1% of their yearly products.

Make research on employment rate for 100 graduates of science courses like zoology, forestry, botany, biochemistry and microbiology. You will notice that 99 of them are either under-employed in a private nursery and primary school, unemployed or learning handiwork after youth service.

Ignore my advice if your parents are rich.
LOL, "Jonathan daughter married a medical doctor not a zoologist", does that prove anything. Isn't Jonathan's wife married to a zoologist. You think medical doctors will be enjoying the country and be leaving anyhow. Tell me any Nigerian doctor that can boast 50m in his account apart from Bukola Saraki that never used his result.
The op of this thread said he regretted studying engineering, I'm sure engineering would be in your list if the op never mentioned is course. See check WHO, UNICEF, and see if most employees and leaders studied the courses you are hyping. Leave your life, and hope for the best, do go out there and be forcing course on ss3 students, like saying All of you MUST study medicine if you want a bright future, ignore my advice if your parents are rich. LOL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Nacl: 9:24pm On Apr 09, 2022
Ebubu:
how much did you use to start the business
Less than 150k. I had a collection of chemical suppliers so I started as a middle man between the suppliers and consumers (mainly industries, laboratories and science institutions). Through hard work and integrity, I was able to get lots of items from these suppliers on credit to go supply to my clients when i get requests and boom! My breakthrough.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Trainee223: 9:26pm On Apr 09, 2022
vikgreen01:

Lol
Bro is the course really that bad.? I have been seeing people insulting this course. grin grin I have seen some graduates of biochemistry in the military, some working in flour mill, pharmaceutical company, medical lab, beverages company nd even to some extent in the hospital. I have a street friend that always hype this course just because that’s what his elder bro studied and he has worked with 3 top pharmaceutical firm like norvatis and two others wic I can’t remember as medical sale rep. He told me his bro was given official car and he has been able to build houses as well as living well. Reasonable graduates has bagged fully funded scholarship with this discipline. The rate of unemployment is just too high in this country that’s why some courses just look so useless nd irrelevant. This biochem is what I have been seeing people hype abroad. U really crack me up with your comment wic made me rush to quote u and mind u I am even seeing some commenters saying they know some professional graduates still jobless. In this country it’s just what it is. Truly with no backings, one will suffer with studying irrelevant courses.

Lol... My brother, since I graduated until now, I have never use the course in my present line of business. Have to start learning programming and God has been so kind shall. Though I still go through my biochemistry books and even do some research because the moment I move out of this country I must further my education up to the level of doctorate degree.

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Cognitivereason: 9:26pm On Apr 09, 2022
Ebubu:
thanks for the advice. I’ll reflect on it
So u sef na student grin
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 09, 2022
JohnnA1:
Fantastic course.

Yeah, it is.
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by bizzibodi(m): 9:32pm On Apr 09, 2022
Viraltrends123:
You've misplaced who you wanted to ask this question, it's actually for @ Joeyfizzo .
But U said U dnt understand the question meant for someone else.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Isioma Okobah Wins Highest Medical Award In US (Photo) / School Of Nursing Ado Ekiti Entrance Form Is Out / A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.