Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,082 members, 7,825,410 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? (27813 Views)

Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? / JAMB Registration Statistics 2019/2020, See People That Applied For Your Course / After Years Of Graduation, Can You Still Define Your Course Of Study? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by The5DME(m): 5:21pm On Apr 09, 2022
I gained a thing or two, from this thread.

4 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Busybrain2233: 5:24pm On Apr 09, 2022
So nobody read STATISTICS for here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Phenomenal16(f): 5:26pm On Apr 09, 2022
Lol
I studied nursing
Currently doing my internship
Buh m going for tech/IT once I leave Nigeria
To each his own
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by SparrowLeague: 5:28pm On Apr 09, 2022
Lordbinsmar:

Follow your heart Bro..... Don't mind what guys are typing here. A lot of people don't know a lot about their course of study. The most important thing is to have passion for your course of study and make excellent grade, with this you can leave Nigeria if things don't go your way.

Lots of people don't have passion for their courses of study, only interested in making money out of it. Hence they have no self worth and job satisfaction.

Thank you sooooo much!!!!

May God almighty bless you for me...... Amen!!
You made my day day bro. Much love.

You know.... when I applied for Geology during my jamb exam. Friends were discouraging me that it's not a lucrative course.... that I should not waste my time on it......but that's actually my dream.
I love anything Geo so much. So with the support of my mom and my school mentor.
I applied for it.

Wrote my jamb.....scored 280, aggregated to 306. And the major problem of discouragement set in.
That I should change my course, that am trying to waste my brain, that I am too adamant.

But I did always think...... what am I gonna be doing being a doctor??, being a pharmacist?, Being a radiographer....... Geez. I hate them all.

But I simply like being my Geoscientist smiley.

So I went for my heart.

I pray the tide favours me and us all

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Atticusxsz(m): 5:31pm On Apr 09, 2022
DropsMic:
Wasted five years of my life studying Estate Management in the University of Nigeria...

Lmao grin
I studied and graduated from same department as well in 2016 and served in 2017... but up till now, to see work be like na to offer human sacrifice 1st. embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Connected1: 5:33pm On Apr 09, 2022
Hassanmaye:

You are not serious, which state are you practicing? LAW is all about link, when you know the right link money will flow, my salary is 150k
Lol

It's all about contentment too.

150k to some persons and me too isn't big money.

Na still manage.

3 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Contekbbc: 5:33pm On Apr 09, 2022
The point is
Every course is good
And every course is useless.
The major determinant is your MIND!

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Atticusxsz(m): 5:35pm On Apr 09, 2022
Pele10:
Why would anyone regreat,is there any cause one will study that is job guranteed?

Yes o, there are courses you'll study that would guarantee you getting a job where i come from and majority of persons there are delving into same courses due to the employment opportunities that abounds with it. wink

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Elolam87(m): 5:36pm On Apr 09, 2022
That must have been a difficult decision to make bro, thank God you didn't regret your decision
Abatemtem:

Just like me o l...did 3 years. Of botany but. Later put in for Nursing. Now I’m glad for that decision I took.
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Viraltrends123: 5:40pm On Apr 09, 2022
Newton2024:
Medical courses. I have never seen a jobless doctor or nurse seeking for job a year after graduation. I will advise you go to school of health if you can't go to school of nursing or university. Reject this advice if your parents are rich.
Jonathan studied zoology, and his parents were not rich. Everything is Destined

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by DropsMic(m): 5:41pm On Apr 09, 2022
Atticusxsz:

Lmao grin
I studied and graduated from same department as well in 2016 and served in 2017... but up till now, to see work be like na to offer human sacrifice 1st. embarassed

The jobs are out there bro.. But na peanuts them dey pay.
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by DropsMic(m): 5:43pm On Apr 09, 2022
Eyezkeyd:

For real ??
Estate management?
What's the regret about gist us �
Cause all those our lectures have been making sweet noise about it ��

You don't really need a certificate to practice the course.. Infact it's the quacks that make the most money because NIESV no apply to them.
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by egojeny1(f): 5:45pm On Apr 09, 2022
Finelolo:
I studied special education. Still regretting it. I would have continued my Nursing as I already have RN certificate. And I Don old.
Old how, are you above 45? I'll advise you to go for B.Sc nursing via direct entry

3 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by MrSaidu(m): 5:53pm On Apr 09, 2022
Omo it has nt been easy after graduating from the pest management technology 2017,ur guy dey thank God 4 d bricklayings work...umdo am nt regrettng jo
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Yohans(m): 5:56pm On Apr 09, 2022
teewhydope:

The earlier the better, don't wait till you graduate.
Yeah man, we were made to take a cybersecurity essential course from cisco while i was in 200l and I'm in my finals right now and I'm taking a free cyber security course on simplilearn.
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Lordbinsmar: 6:00pm On Apr 09, 2022
SparrowLeague:

Thank you sooooo much!!!!

May God almighty bless you for me...... Amen!!
You made my day day bro. Much love.

You know.... when I applied for Geology during my jamb exam. Friends were discouraging me that it's not a lucrative course.... that I should not waste my time on it......but that's actually my dream.
I love anything Geo so much. So with the support of my mom and my school mentor.
I applied for it.

Wrote my jamb.....scored 280, aggregated to 306. And the major problem of discouragement set in.
That I should change my course, that am trying to waste my brain, that I am too adamant.

But I did always think...... what am I gonna be doing being a doctor??, being a pharmacist?, Being a radiographer....... Geez. I hate them all.

But I simply like being my Geoscientist smiley.

So I went for my heart.

I pray the tide favours me and us all

Nice one Bro. I studied mechanical engineering and I don't regret. I don't care what others are saying about the course. It gives me satisfaction and I am happy doing what I love. The course has opened lots of opportunities for me. I'm grateful to God I studied mechanical engineering.

But the irony is that one of the best graduating student in my set never love mechanical engineering he choosed the course based on reputation, now he doesn't have enough motivation to continue in this domain, but he is doing great on his own and I am sure studying the course has equipped him with some transferable skills he can use in other aspect of life.

Keep chasing your dreams Bro. Start looking for schorlarship opportunities in the US, Canada and Europe. There are a lot of opportunities for STEM courses in these countries but you need excellent grades and lots of proffesional development to win these schorlarships.

For example as someone mentioned work very hard during your final year project and try to get it published. I did the same and it really helped me. I recently won a schorlarship to study naval architecture and marine engineering in Europe. During my interview, the Proffesor in charge is a Proffesor of ship structures. He was impressed with what he saw on my CV, as I had worked on several projects and research in finite element analysis and computational fluid dynamics. He wanted to be sure if what I had on my CV is a scam or I really know what I am doing. He asked me more than 6 technical questions on application of finite element analysis to ship structural analysis and I was able to answer all the questions perfectly because I have developed expertise in this domain. On that spot, I knew I won the schorlarship already even before the results was published. A close friend of mine also shared the same experience.

My point is that when I was busy learning software, working on projects and publishing my research work. It was really difficult but now everything has paid off.

Wish you the best in your academic pursuit. If you want me to put you through schorlarships opportunities, you can message me directly but for now look at schorlarships such as DAAD, ERASMUS MUNDUS AND SWEDISH PROFFESIONAL SCHORLARSHIP. if you have interest to further your education in Europe. I don't know a lot about Canada and USA, but I have several friends that are currently studying in these countries on schorlarships.

If possible do make sure you graduate with a first class honour's. It will make things easier for you, but even with a second class upper with hard work, you will get fully funded schorlarship.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Yohans(m): 6:04pm On Apr 09, 2022
Lordbinsmar:

Nice one Bro. I studied mechanical engineering and I don't regret. I don't care what others are saying about the course. It gives me satisfaction and I am happy doing what I love. The course has opened lots of opportunities for me. I'm grateful to God I studied mechanical engineering.

But the irony is that the best graduating student in my set never love mechanical engineering he did it based on the prestige, now the guy doesn't have enough motivation to continue in this domain, but he is doing great on his own and I am sure studying the course has equipped him with some transferable skills he can use in other aspect of life.

Keep chasing your dreams Bro. Start looking for schorlarship opportunities in the US, Canada and Europe. There are a lot of opportunities for STEM courses in these countries but you need excellent grades and lots of proffesional development to win these schorlarships.

For example as someone mentioned work very hard during your final year project and try to get it published. I did the same and it as really helped me. I just won a schorlarship to study naval architecture and marine engineering in Europe. During my interview, the Proffesor who asked me questions has his research interest in ship structural analysis, he was impressed with what he saw on my CV. I had worked on several projects and research in finite element analysis and computational fluid dynamics. He wanted to be sure if it was a flux or I really know what I am doing. He asked me 6 technical questions and I was able to answer them perfectly. On that spot, I knew I won the schorlarship already even before the results was published. A close friend of mine also shared the same experience.

My point is that when I was busy learning software, working on projects and publishing my research work. It was really difficult but now everything has paid off.

Wish you the best in your academic pursuit. If you want me to put you through schorlarships opportunities, you can message me directly but for now look at schorlarships such as DAAD, ERASMUS MUNDUS AND SWEDISH PROFFESIONAL SCHORLARSHIP. if you have interest to further your education in Europe. I don't know a lot about Canada and USA, but I have several friends that are currently studying in these countries on schorlarships.

If possible do make sure you graduate with a first class honour's. It will make things easier for you, but even with a second class upper with hard work, you will get fully funded schorlarship.
I like your way of thinking because no bad belle fit weigh u down.

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by SparrowLeague: 6:06pm On Apr 09, 2022
Lordbinsmar:

But the irony is that the best graduating student in my set never love mechanical engineering he did it based on the prestige, now the guy doesn't have enough motivation to continue in this domain, but he is doing great on his own and I am sure studying the course has equipped him with some transferable skills he can use in other aspect of life.

For example as someone mentioned work very hard during your final year project and try to get it published. I did the same and it as really helped me. I just won a schorlarship to study naval architecture and marine engineering in Europe. During my interview, the Proffesor who asked me questions has his research interest in ship structural analysis, he was impressed with what he saw on my CV. I had worked on several projects and research in finite element analysis and computational fluid dynamics. He wanted to be sure if it was a flux or I really know what I am doing. He asked me 6 technical questions and I was able to answer them perfectly. On that spot, I knew I won the schorlarship already even before the results was published. A close friend of mine also shared the same experience.

Thank you so much dearest brother.
Much love!
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Lordbinsmar: 6:10pm On Apr 09, 2022
SparrowLeague:

Thank you so much dearest brother.
Much love!

You welcome Bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by GoldDolpin(m): 6:10pm On Apr 09, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Hell no

Computer science ....

Not regretting

But ain't got no nice paying job yet...but I don't give a fuckkkkk

Just using the knowledge to keyboard...now am a key board warrior
Boss������
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by bizzibodi(m): 6:11pm On Apr 09, 2022
DropsMic:
Wasted five years of my life studying Estate Management in the University of Nigeria...
Estate management come be course again? anybody can manage an estate na!
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by seunH: 6:13pm On Apr 09, 2022
Daveayo1:
One of the most useful threads on nairaland. Please I just want to ask a question, is veterinary medicine worth it? I'm studying agric extension and I dey reason myself to change to vet since it's more useful.
My brother if you have passion for veterinary medicine go for it ooo. It's one of the underated courses in Nigeria due to the fact that most people would prefer MBBS and work in the hospital, which is a blessing in disguise because it prevented oversaturation. And with the new law assented to by the president Buhari yesterday. The future is very bright

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by bizzibodi(m): 6:14pm On Apr 09, 2022
Topmaike007:
applied chemistry or industrial chemistry
Chemistry na chemistry.
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by yinkbell: 6:15pm On Apr 09, 2022
Uzomacharles:

Any better for that Chemistry cos I no wan waste my time?

still in 200L and the course come still hard for me
Do not be discouraged bro. Chemistry is a good course. You can work in chemical industry, food industry and textile industry. Nigeria industrial sector is messed up. You shouldn't be discouraged because of this. Just take some certification courses online that relate to your discipline. Join LinkedIn even when you are not yet a graduate. This will open your eyes to career path and makes you to have many connections. You can get certification in the following; food safety, Health Safety and Environment, HACCP, ISO etc. There are free online certifications you can take on ALISON(download the App). you can gain a connection on LinkedIn and ask for SOP from those that are in food or chemicals industry and begin to study them before you graduate; this will definitely equip you for the future. Chemistry is tough course but it's a course with hope in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by bizzibodi(m): 6:26pm On Apr 09, 2022
There is a time I wish I just study fine art,when I learnt that late Dora Akuniyili's daughter sold her artwork for $1m.
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by yunqdady: 6:28pm On Apr 09, 2022
OvaSabi1:
My advice to everyone:

Even if na Yoruba Education dem give you, try to graduate with a 2:1. Why? Big 4 accounting firms and multinational companies would employ you with any degree in as much as its a 2:1.
Also, with a good grade, you have the opportunity of getting foreign scholarships and your own don better if na STEM. Your own don better pass everybody own if you were able to publish your final year project.

I am talking as a university lecturer who schooled outside Nigeria. The moment I see talent that is wasting, I would grab it like hawk wey dey thief chicken and mentor the person. I have seen a first class finance grad stay jobless for 6 years. Write ICAN, e nor gree. Open LinkedIn, mba no. Oya na wetin you wan do with your life? “I want to be a lecturer”. This lecturer work wey me sef wan try to escape? Your village people no try.

Again, I am seeing many of my ex students approaching me to write papers and put their names on it as co author so they can use it to gain scholarships. Same students that were extremely disrespectful and refused to be serious with their project when they were students. Me, I should use my money to do research and I will now spend 150k to publish and I should add your name? Can you do analysis? No. Do you have a laptop? No. Will you pay for the secondary data? No. You try.

In a nutshell, I am begging you all in the name of God to be serious with your project.
You are a lecturer...
Cool
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by yunqdady: 6:29pm On Apr 09, 2022
Clementoons:
What most of you on this thread fails to recognize is GOD'S counselling, you refuse to seek GOD first and knows His plan for your life. That is why you all are regretting now,

BUT AS FOR ME, I WILL NEVER HAVE AN CAUSE TO REGRETS IN LIFE OVER MY DECISIONS FOR THEY ARE BONDED IN GOD'S LOVE. THE PLANS OF GOD FOR MY LIFE SUITS ME BEST.
THANK YOU JESUS.
They have come.
Wait for God to do what he has blessed you with gifts to do abi
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Uzomacharles: 6:30pm On Apr 09, 2022
yinkbell:

Do not be discouraged bro. Chemistry is a good course. You can work in chemical industry, food industry and textile industry. Nigeria industrial sector is messed up. You shouldn't be discouraged because of this. Just take some certification courses online that relate to your discipline. Join LinkedIn even when you are not yet a graduate. This will open your eyes to career path and makes you to have many connections. You can get certification in the following; food safety, Health Safety and Environment, HACCP, ISO etc. There are free online certifications you can take on ALISON(download the App). you can gain a connection on LinkedIn and ask for SOP from those that are in food or chemicals industry and begin to study them before you graduate; this will definitely equip you for the future. Chemistry is tough course but it's a course with hope in Nigeria.

Thank you very much bro

Na this kain courage I need...
at first I hated it but I'm growing love for it...

I will find friends who will help me in understanding the course
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Atticusxsz(m): 6:31pm On Apr 09, 2022
DropsMic:

The jobs are out there bro.. But na peanuts them dey pay.

That's just it man.
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by yunqdady: 6:31pm On Apr 09, 2022
Ajehkpako4naija:
if you like have First class in medicine. Na grace person take dey get work for naija not those courses listed above. I know of a first class electrical electronics student back then, he is now working as a messenger in Michelin tires company. Then I know a guy that studied Agric SC at AAU, he is now a local govt chairman driving Prado with excorts.
Na only bad thing you dey know. Guy, be realistic
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Jahsdaughter052(f): 6:32pm On Apr 09, 2022
please someone should answer me Is Linguistics a good course??
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Rick9(m): 6:35pm On Apr 09, 2022
No I'm glad I studied philosophy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Physically Challenged Maths Teacher Who Uses Crutches Shows His Football Skills / University Of Uyo Students Protest Against ASUU Strike / OAU 2017/2018 Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.