Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,619 members, 7,827,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? (27828 Views)

Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? / JAMB Registration Statistics 2019/2020, See People That Applied For Your Course / After Years Of Graduation, Can You Still Define Your Course Of Study? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by NapoleonHill: 1:40pm On Apr 09, 2022
obedience4:

Also did estate management..
It has been rough bro..
Even pry 5 student can work our course..
After all the valuation person do for school

Painful. I have someone who studied this course. It's been 10 years now and no job.
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Hassanmaye(m): 1:40pm On Apr 09, 2022
wiseoneking:
COMPUTER SCIENCE? You are not serious.
Lol you mean computer science is over hyped?
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Tboymessiah(m): 1:40pm On Apr 09, 2022
Trainee223:
Biochem, one of the hard course in our University system but outside the university wall it total rubbish course. Don't waste your time reading that rubbish course, Nigeria have no use for that course. I started coding after realizing that no way forward with that course even after reading hard and graduating with a good result

NasoLifeBe!!!

What is so special about coding, alot of Niggar talks about it, abeg give me clue
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by OvaSabi1(f): 1:41pm On Apr 09, 2022
My advice to everyone:

Even if na Yoruba Education dem give you, try to graduate with a 2:1. Why? Big 4 accounting firms and multinational companies would employ you with any degree in as much as its a 2:1.
Also, with a good grade, you have the opportunity of getting foreign scholarships and your own don better if na STEM. Your own don better pass everybody own if you were able to publish your final year project.

I am talking as a university lecturer who schooled outside Nigeria. The moment I see talent that is wasting, I would grab it like hawk wey dey thief chicken and mentor the person. I have seen a first class finance grad stay jobless for 6 years. Write ICAN, e nor gree. Open LinkedIn, mba no. Oya na wetin you wan do with your life? “I want to be a lecturer”. This lecturer work wey me sef wan try to escape? Your village people no try.

Again, I am seeing many of my ex students approaching me to write papers and put their names on it as co author so they can use it to gain scholarships. Same students that were extremely disrespectful and refused to be serious with their project when they were students. Me, I should use my money to do research and I will now spend 150k to publish and I should add your name? Can you do analysis? No. Do you have a laptop? No. Will you pay for the secondary data? No. You try.

In a nutshell, I am begging you all in the name of God to be serious with your project.

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by NapoleonHill: 1:41pm On Apr 09, 2022
Abikeade11:
Pure and Applied Mathematics, don't even know where to go from here, they told us you can work anywhere. Now I no see anywhere work.

Are you deliberately trying to crack a joke cos this one too funny?

5 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 09, 2022
No regrets. Didn't go to school to study to get a job.
Knowledge and awareness.

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Tboymessiah(m): 1:42pm On Apr 09, 2022
Lawmak:

Thays what the lecturers in that dept use to tell freshers in order keep the dept.
My brother study bettering course.

NasoLifeBe!!!

Hahaha
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Mannex3011: 1:43pm On Apr 09, 2022
Regret studying physics, all the quantum I studied is a waste, I wanted to study engineering.

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by NapoleonHill: 1:43pm On Apr 09, 2022
Hassanmaye:

Even the computer science you guys are hyping it's because you don't know what is going on, they are decieving you that there is money in internet but Many of them struggle to get a single work on upwork, personally I have Many computer science graduate WHO are jobless

For computer science, it's not about having the degree. It's about knowing the course. If you really know the course, you go chop belefull.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by hopexter(m): 1:44pm On Apr 09, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Same here I switched already, now a software engineer but have to spend so much time studying computer science fundamentals which I could have done the first time around. Engineering don cast aside electrical and computer engineering.

No lie, good luck bro. Focus more on software testing. Na £5k a month here as of now, it’s likely to increase before you finish. Keep your head up, your mega money is loading cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Clementoons: 1:44pm On Apr 09, 2022
What most of you on this thread fails to recognize is GOD'S counselling, you refuse to seek GOD first and knows His plan for your life. That is why you all are regretting now,

BUT AS FOR ME, I WILL NEVER HAVE ANY CAUSE TO REGRETS IN LIFE OVER MY DECISIONS FOR THEY ARE BONDED IN GOD'S LOVE. THE PLANS OF GOD FOR MY LIFE SUITS ME BEST.
THANK YOU JESUS.

9 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Clementoons: 1:44pm On Apr 09, 2022
What most of you on this thread fails to recognize is GOD'S counselling, you refuse to seek GOD first and knows His plan for your life. That is why you all are regretting now,

BUT AS FOR ME, I WILL NEVER HAVE ANY CAUSE TO REGRETS IN LIFE OVER MY DECISIONS AND MY COURSE OF STUDY FOR THEY ARE BONDED IN GOD'S LOVE. THE PLANS OF GOD FOR MY LIFE SUITS ME BEST.
THANK YOU JESUS.

3 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by ThothHermes: 1:45pm On Apr 09, 2022
SavageBoy:
If you aren't going to school to study any of the courses listed below, pls don't bother going at all:

•Medicine
•Nursing
•Pharmacy
•Computer Science
•Radiography
•Some engineering courses

If it's not any of the above, abeg sit down for house, use that money you would have used to pay school fees and get a Laptop... start learning to code,in 8 months time,you'll be glad you did so.

What I came to realize about life is this; our parents know what they've seen when they urge and insist we study "professional" courses in school,but we young folks disregard their point of view as "ancient"... I for example was studying Botany in the university, reasoned what I'll do with this thing in the long run... omorr I saw I was just wasting my time oh,took jamb in my third year,applied for pharmacy in a federal university, got the admission... I'm really glad I made that decision.

Living in Nigeria is hard... don't make it harder for yourselves by studying Nonsense
I read pharmacy, and it's probably my biggest regret in life.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by kwaso2: 1:45pm On Apr 09, 2022
Add Med lab science too
SavageBoy:
If you aren't going to school to study any of the courses listed below, pls don't bother going at all:

•Medicine
•Nursing
•Pharmacy
•Computer Science
•Radiography
•Some engineering courses

If it's not any of the above, abeg sit down for house, use that money you would have used to pay school fees and get a Laptop... start learning to code,in 8 months time,you'll be glad you did so.

What I came to realize about life is this; our parents know what they've seen when they urge and insist we study "professional" courses in school,but we young folks disregard their point of view as "ancient"... I for example was studying Botany in the university, reasoned what I'll do with this thing in the long run... omorr I saw I was just wasting my time oh,took jamb in my third year,applied for pharmacy in a federal university, got the admission... I'm really glad I made that decision.

Living in Nigeria is hard... don't make it harder for yourselves by studying Nonsense
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by NapoleonHill: 1:46pm On Apr 09, 2022
Ebubu:
here I am regretting my own pharmacy while someone else is grateful for it.

How can anyone regret pharmacy? Can you enlighten us about what we don't know?

8 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Tboymessiah(m): 1:48pm On Apr 09, 2022
Ebubu:
here I am regretting my own pharmacy while someone else is grateful for it.

NasoLifeBe!!!

We can work together na
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Stevyne: 1:48pm On Apr 09, 2022
EmmyOD:

:
Baaadt guy. Well done fellow botanist. I also studied Plant sc and Biotechnology at UNN but during my youth service, I applied for JAMB and got Medicine and Surgery. Now in 300 L.
Naija is really hard !
woah!!!! You are a motivation.
I'm rounding up my HND1(MIRCOBIOLOGY) second semester exam next week.
I already purchased jamb form ( RADIOGRAPHY)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by jaxxy(m): 1:48pm On Apr 09, 2022
Nope like them elect elect and computer sci. The knowledge has been extremely useful.

Bt I low-key wish I studied pharmacy.
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Ebubu: 1:52pm On Apr 09, 2022
Tboymessiah:

NasoLifeBe!!!

We can work together na
nothing much I can do. I’m still in final year.
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Tboymessiah(m): 1:54pm On Apr 09, 2022
Ebubu:
nothing much I can do. I’m still in final year.

NasoLifeBe!!!

Everything gonna be alright.
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Ebubu: 1:58pm On Apr 09, 2022
NapoleonHill:

How can anyone regret pharmacy? Can you enlighten us about what we don't know?
I am still in final year. There is lot of money when you open a standard pharmacy, but young pharmacy graduates don’t have those millions of naira to open pharmacy.

So, after graduation they earn about 130k monthly for one year and proceed to NYSC. After NYSC what happens? You either do your Msc and become a lecturer, or you open your own pharmacy which is lucrative but requires millions of capital that young graduates don’t have. Or you work in a hospital but hospital spaces are quite scarce now, or you work in government agencies like NAFDAC or PCN, or Nigeria ports authority(NPA), or enroll into Army or Police and get commissioned with high rank. But you require connection shah. Now in the absence of connection to land those government agency jobs, military or hospital positions, and without money to start your own community pharmacy or a serious disinterest towards MSc or lecturing position, you can go to work in a business man’s pharmacy or another pharmacist’s pharmacy store and take home 80k-150k depending on their financial turnover but it’s not less than 80k.

Maybe I’m just greedy shah but I am in my final year and feel people enjoying Nigeria right now are Tech boys who earn thousands of dollars on a website design or anyother Tech role in a month or less. Not even doctors, pharmacists earn that much in Nigeria. But quite true pharmacists are better than many other professional courses in Nigeria in terms of income; including doctors because our community pharmacists give us more money than doctors earn.

I’m just comparing pharmacy with Tech boys and I wish I can do what pays higher undecided

3 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by okrikaboi: 2:00pm On Apr 09, 2022
I no dey regret anything for this life. If you get good intentions just use your small brain as you fit, things go work out.
Believe say who work go chop lass lass

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by GUNITGuy: 2:01pm On Apr 09, 2022
Am currently studying Medicine after 4years of looking for a job with my degree .,...I don't want to mention the course here

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Amazingbaby: 2:02pm On Apr 09, 2022
Yes.
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 09, 2022
There is no course of study that is bad. The problem is with our nation. So, learn how to market anything. If you can, that is it. Today l it may be computer science selling, tomorrow it may be something else. If you can sell anything, you can cope.

3 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Sergio104(m): 2:06pm On Apr 09, 2022
Viraltrends123:
Studying forestry, shout out to all foresters out there. Purifying the ecosystem. Life is tree and tree is life. Without trees there is no life.

Only NDA and polac guarantees job in Nigeria, it's just like 20 per state they select, out of like 500, the rest won't get anything unless if they will go for their third choice a polytechnic or private university.

You studied an engineering course that's why you think things will be better if you had studied law or accounting, some doctors and lawyers wish they studied engineering, even now that I'm studying forestry, I wish I am studying engineering. LOL. Engineering that we were applied for like twice till we settled for one, that is what someone is regretting.

I love your boldness.

May God guide and bless you.
May the tide favour you in endeavors.......Amen.

Goodluck bro embarassed
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Bashnigga(m): 2:08pm On Apr 09, 2022
Abikeade11:
Pure and Applied Mathematics, don't even know where to go from here, they told us you can work anywhere. Now I no see anywhere work.
Lol, funny... the "you can work anywhere" line that most people use for some courses is a big fat lie .

2 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by chatinent: 2:09pm On Apr 09, 2022
OvaSabi1:
My advice to everyone:

Even if na Yoruba Education dem give you, try to graduate with a 2:1. Why? Big 4 accounting firms and multinational companies would employ you with any degree in as much as its a 2:1.
Also, with a good grade, you have the opportunity of getting foreign scholarships and your own don better if na STEM. Your own don better pass everybody own if you were able to publish your final year project.

I am talking as a university lecturer who schooled outside Nigeria. The moment I see talent that is wasting, I would grab it like hawk wey dey thief chicken and mentor the person. I have seen a first class finance grad stay jobless for 6 years. Write ICAN, e nor gree. Open LinkedIn, mba no. Oya na wetin you wan do with your life? “I want to be a lecturer”. This lecturer work wey me sef wan try to escape? Your village people no try.

Again, I am seeing many of my ex students approaching me to write papers and put their names on it as co author so they can use it to gain scholarships. Same students that were extremely disrespectful and refused to be serious with their project when they were students. Me, I should use my money to do research and I will now spend 150k to publish and I should add your name? Can you do analysis? No. Do you have a laptop? No. Will you pay for the secondary data? No. You try.

In a nutshell, I am begging you all in the name of God to be serious with your project.

As a research writer, I find this insightful and true.

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by chatinent: 2:09pm On Apr 09, 2022
Clementoons:

BUT AS FOR ME, I WILL NEVER HAVE AN CAUSE TO REGRETS IN LIFE OVER MY DECISIONS FOR THEY ARE BONDED IN GOD'S LOVE. THE PLANS OF GOD FOR MY LIFE SUITS ME BEST.
THANK YOU JESUS.

Ok. Can you godly give me a job please?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Ezemeiyogu(m): 2:10pm On Apr 09, 2022
I only regret not making First class in Agricultural Economics because I devoted my first, second and half of third years being bitter about the course writing jamb and trying to change to medical course(s).

Hear this! Grade matters, except you have all your hopes in this country Sha o.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by Thathomeboy(m): 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2022
I regretted 50%

I didn’t regret 50%
Re: Did You Ever Regret The Choice Of Your Course Of Study? by stevedeey(m): 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2022
Had I not changed my course from Agronomy to Computer Science I'd have regretted. Thank God for the decision I made. God did not allow Lautech to change my destiny - I picked computer science they gave me Agronomy, a name I had not hear about until when I was offered a provisional admission into dept of Agronomy...agro wetin? Mo ya Japa.... Funny enough some people were encouraging me to stay at Agronomy saying that's what God wants for you and bla bla bla...

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street / Students Of Ramat Polytechnic Borno Sitting On The Floor Receiving Lecture (Pic) / What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Western Education?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.