Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,018 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised (37225 Views)

Your Call For Reconciliation Smacks Of Hypocrisy, Atiku Hits Tinubu / Dangote, Tony Elumelu, Otedola, Duke, Imoukhuede Meet Peter Obi (Photo) / Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by Creeper: 11:35pm On May 08, 2023
I Never Met Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised Several Times For The Misconduct Of His Followers —Soyinka

Nobel laureate, Prof Wole Soyinka, on Monday, noted that the visit of the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, to his residence in Abeokuta, Ogun State, was not for “reconciliation” but an apology visit for the misconduct of his (Peter Obi’s) followers.

Soyinka in a statement obtained by SaharaReporters titled, “A visitation and the Allure of 'Reconciliation'” said Obi’s meeting with him was where “discussions were frank and creative.”

Earlier, the LP candidate had also confirmed meeting with the Nobel Laureate. He was silent on the issues discussed, but rather said the visit was "intended to erase the needless misconceptions about the relationship between the great icon and the OBIdient family."

Soyinka, in his release on Monday, clarified the visit, noting that it was to offer an apology.

He said, “Before it gains traction and embarks on a life of its own, I wish to state clearly that the word “Reconciliation”, inserted into some reports of Peter Obi’s visit to me yesterday, Sunday, May 7. is a most inappropriate, and diversionary invocation. Let me clarify: I know the entity known as Peter Obi, presidential candidate of the Labour Party. I can relate to him. I know and can relate to the Labour Party on whose platform he contested elections.

”There are simply no issues to reconcile between those two entities and myself. However, I do not know, and I am unable to relate to something known as the “Obidient” or “Obidient Family”. Thus, albeit in a different vein, any notion of Reconciliation, or even relations – positive, negative or indifferent - with such a spectral emanation is simply grasping at empty air.

“During that meeting, attended by two other individuals only, the word “Reconciliation” was never bruited, neither in itself nor in any other form. It simply did not arise. By contrast, there were expressions of “burden of leadership” “responsibility”, “apology”, “pleading”, “formal dissociation from the untenable”,,,.all the way to the “tragic ascendancy of ethnic cleavage”, especially under such ironic, untenable circumstances. Discussions were frank, and creative. The notion of Reconciliation was clearly N/A – None Applicable. It was never raised.

“The following should be understood, but never underestimated. What remains ineradicable from that weekend of orgiastic rave in the social media was the opening up of the dark, putrid recesses in the national psyche that we like to pretend do not exist. It invited – into minds seeking a grasp on reality - gruesome variations on images from Dante’s Purgatorio. A fathomless pit was exposed, at the bottom of which one glimpsed a throng of the damned, writhing in competitive lust for the largest of the gangrenous ladles in a diabolical broth. To peek over the edge of that pit for a prolonged spell was to turn giddy, with a risk of falling into the tureen of inhuman pus. To attempt to navigate one’s way, however gingerly, along a mat spread across the infernal abyss, is an invitation to moral suicide.

“For the serious minded, I call attention to essays I have offered on the theme of Reconciliation based on Truth, and the ethical imperative of Restitution. There will be further elaborations forthcoming in DEMOCRACY PRIMER III – Bookcraft’s INTERVENTION series, now brought forward for publication on June 12, the watershed extorted from the current regime as the nation’s Democracy Day,

“If, from here on, I now comply with entreaties from several valued, genuinely concerned directions, and ignore new provocations, however vile, it is only because I also approve of Mohammed Ali’s strategy of Rope-a-Dope, where blind menace is left flailing hopelessly at the disdainful manifest of Truth.”
https://saharareporters.com/2023/05/08/i-never-met-peter-obi-reconciliation-rather-he-apologised-several-times-misconduct-his

61 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by Ttalk: 11:37pm On May 08, 2023
Gradually he is coming back to his senses and beginning to disassociate himself from the Obidients aggressiveness

383 Likes 49 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by yarimo(m): 11:38pm On May 08, 2023
Unruly conduct And lack of home training

333 Likes 43 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by citygarden(m): 11:40pm On May 08, 2023
He only went there to snap pictures as usual. And to trend about meeting baba wole soyinka

150 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:41pm On May 08, 2023
He apologized? Obi is such a humble and a good man. This is why APC gangs are exploiting him. Who will apologize for all Tinubu misyarn concerning Obi? He even said he doesn't want anyone to mention Obi in his presence.

As for we OBIDIENTS, no iota of apology will be given. May any apology from my mouth meet a fatal accident before it gets to any ear grin grin grin cheesy

Apology ke. Soyinka you are really messing up. I understand old age is impacting you already. We respected you but you messed up big time. How can an erudite professor go to discuss Datti Ahmed statement without saying anything about Tinubu Drug case? Is he happy to have a drug lord as president? Noooo nah.

Soyinka learn to behave well if you must earn my respect.

473 Likes 55 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by Vivianat(f): 11:42pm On May 08, 2023
Good
Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by CilicMarin: 11:43pm On May 08, 2023
grin
Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by Real000: 11:46pm On May 08, 2023
It's only the misbehaving once that act childesh

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by GeneralPula: 12:01am On May 09, 2023
”There are simply no issues to reconcile between those two entities and myself. However, I do not know, and I am unable to relate to something known as the “Obidient” or “Obidient Family”. Thus, albeit in a different vein, any notion of Reconciliation, or even relations – positive, negative or indifferent - with such a spectral emanation is simply grasping at empty air.

“During that meeting, attended by two other individuals only, the word “Reconciliation” was never bruited, neither in itself nor in any other form. It simply did not arise. By contrast, there were expressions of “burden of leadership” “responsibility”, “apology”, “pleading”, “formal dissociation from the untenable”,,,.all the way to the “tragic ascendancy of ethnic cleavage”, especially under such ironic, untenable circumstances. Discussions were frank, and creative. The notion of Reconciliation was clearly N/A – None Applicable. It was never raised.

Such a straight clarification

They’ve been trying to twist the story but we know ipob hardly tells truth so it’s all fallacy! We sabi their ways!

364 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by Draslo(m): 12:06am On May 09, 2023
Jennymine:
He's always humble, finish!
Someone you didn't know much about before 2022.

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by Lanretoye(m): 12:06am On May 09, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
He apologized? Obi is such a humble and a good man. This is why APC gangs are exploiting him. Who will apologize for all Tinubu misyarn concerning Obi? He even said he doesn't want anyone to mention Obi in his presence.

As for we OBIDIENTS, no iota of apology will be given. May any apology from my mouth meet a fatal accident before it gets to any ear grin grin grin cheesy

Apology ke. Soyinka you are really messing up. I understand old age is impacting you already. We respected you but you messed up big time. How can an erudite professor go to discuss Datti Ahmed statement without saying anything about Tinubu Drug case? Is he happy to have a drug lord as president? Noooo nah.

if soyinka must earn your respect,someone that is not even informed of your existence.one can tell that you are too blinded by your emotions to be conscious of reality...you be real specialadvicer,the type of advisers your obi dey consult for upper iweka.

178 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by stuffs2002: 12:20am On May 09, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

Soyinka should have known that a man should never love a snake because that snake will never love him back.

It is not the fault of IPOB/OBIDIENTS as that is how God created them

63 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by smokinloud(m): 12:51am On May 09, 2023
Pitobi is still learning politics!.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by Fren232: 1:04am On May 09, 2023
Soyinka has a good relationship with Obi, likely voted for him. He like a lot of people hate the obedient movement.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by nairavsdollars(f): 1:05am On May 09, 2023
This old baba sef...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by Okiton: 1:16am On May 09, 2023
sad
Prof don dae do something wey I no like
As a noble man under noble the NAS association I always hold him in esteem, but now he has continue to derailed from the lay down principles of our forgone terrors. He traded his respect as a Capone all because of his affiliation with a particular well known Chicago drug kingpin.

To all rugged aboard odas is odas

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by onumadu: 1:23am On May 09, 2023

Prof e don do.

Peter Obi is a good man to bother to make the trip to you.
He didn't have to.
Let's leave it there, and move on.
Your complex English grammar here is most unnecessary.
Move on already. cool

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by onumadu: 1:30am On May 09, 2023
BTW I'm beginning to think that Peter Obi is a saint, and Nigeria does not need a saint to become president.
What Nigeria really needs is a satanic rogue who will deal ruthlessly with Nigerians, to force them to remember God.
Imagine Peter Obi apologizing on behalf of people who were raped by the Nigerian system; people who have genuine angst at the raping system.
I dunno.
It seems to me that before you become the head of the jungle, you must be a lion.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by plaindealer: 2:15am On May 09, 2023
I do not know, and I am unable to relate to something known as the “Obidient” or “Obidient Family.

This is the most damaging, sad and embarrassing part of the Professor's takedown, Peter Obi's political party and identity is the term obidient, obi is the head and the leader of the obidient mob, so for the Professor to categorically assert that he's unable to relate to something as obedient and the obedient family, the so-called fascist mob says more than a lot about Obi himself and the kind of people he leads.

Sometimes I really do feel sorry for this obi man, as a politician and a presidential candidate in Nigeria, you need a strong support base, but he's so unlucky that his support base is toxic people, intolerant bigots, and utter fascists that he can nor run away from or criticize or even beg to stop attacking, insulting and bullying opponents, the so-called obidient mob are his only base and if I might add, many of them are ipob sympathizers, another reason why Obi till today won't say anything against Igbos and this is another reason why the professor can not relate to the so-called obidient and obi himself, their leader.

The professor is not dumb or clueless to the fact that Obi sat quietly and did not say a word or even caution his fascist mob sto stop attacking, abusing and insulting the professor, he sat back and enjoyed every minute of it, now the coward and circus clown visited the professor as if nothing happened.

Obi is a very dishonest, untrustworthy and manipulating scum and I'm glad the professor called him out and his fascist obidients.

314 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by losky83: 3:03am On May 09, 2023
Creeper:

https://saharareporters.com/2023/05/08/i-never-met-peter-obi-reconciliation-rather-he-apologised-several-times-misconduct-his
THE ONLY TIME I CAN THINK OF RESPECTING THIS MAN AGAIN IS WHEN HE PUBLICLY TEARS HIS NIGERIAN PASSPORT AS HE SAID.
HE MISLED SO MANY NIGERIANS WHEN HE SAID IF BUHARI WINS HE WOULD TEAR HIS PASSPORT AND SO MANY NIGERIANS DID TEAR THEIR PASSPORT BUT HE KEPT HIS.
FOR ME I TORE MY NIGERIAN PASSPORT I SNAPPED AT PLAZA,8 COPIES.

15 Likes

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by RomanGreen: 3:39am On May 09, 2023
smokinloud:
Pitobi is still learning politics!.

Lol yet he's giving all of you sleepless nights? So much for someone still learning politics in your mind

As for Soyinka, he can shove that clarification done his throat. He suddenly found his voice after many years of Buhari misrule, gtfo mofo

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by RomanGreen: 3:42am On May 09, 2023
plaindealer:

This is the most damaging, sad and embarrassing part of the Professor's takedown, Peter Obi's political party and identity is the term obidient, obi is the head and the leader of the obidient mob, so for the Professor to categorically assert that he's unable to relate to something as obedient and the obedient family, the so-called fascist mob says more than a lot about Obi himself and the kind of people he leads.

Sometimes I really do feel sorry for this obi man, as a politician and a presidential candidate in Nigeria, you need a strong support base, but he's so unlucky that his support base is toxic people, intolerant bigots, and utter fascists that he can nor run away from or criticize or even beg to stop attacking, insulting and bullying opponents, the so-called obidient mob are his only base and if I might add, many of them are ipob sympathizers, another reason why Obi till today won't say anything against Igbos and this is another reason why the professor can not relate to the so-called obidient and obi himself, their leader.

The professor is not dumb or clueless to the fact that Obi sat quietly and did not say a word or even caution his fascist mob sto stop attacking, abusing and insulting the professor, he sat back and enjoyed every minute of it, now the coward and circus clown visited the professor as if nothing happened.

Obi is a very dishonest, untrustworthy and manipulating scum and I'm glad the professor called him out and his fascist obidients.

Don't worry o. E go reach all of una for body. God punish you and that Soyinka. After collecting Tinubu's money, he wants to reward him with naija stolen mandate. Useless people

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by seanfer(m): 3:45am On May 09, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

So to you an Old man of 61 went to apologize and intentionally held that information from his supporters is worth calling a humble and good man.
That shows he is nothing but a 2 faced man who is full of lies.
You can say whatever you like to make you feel good, but that’s the truth about Obi.

34 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by plaindealer: 3:49am On May 09, 2023
RomanGreen:

Don't worry o. E go reach all of una for body. God punish you and that Soyinka. After collecting Tinubu's money, he wants to reward him with naija stolen mandate. Useless people

And you wonder why they call you fascist mob.

147 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by tuborme: 3:54am On May 09, 2023
Soyinka is sick and embittered . The hatred is real

17 Likes

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by ikaboy: 3:56am On May 09, 2023
Grandpa should stop being petty, every right thinking person knows the intent of the visit os not far fron an apology which Obi himself alluded .

7 Likes

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by juman(m): 4:13am On May 09, 2023
Soyinka is old enough to be his father.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised by A4alpha: 4:28am On May 09, 2023
His old is is now full blown and baba don already enter dementia. When he was sound and active he couldn't have uttered such rubbish.
Baba need some dough for his treatment and wailing and feigning ignorance of the great Obidient family is one of the conditions.
He be like..Obi see what your visit have caused naw.. them don call me say them say..

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Security: Ned Nwoko Meets IGP Adamu, Sets To Donate CCTV Camera / Adeleke’s Wife Showers Gifts On First Baby Of 2023 In Osun (photos) / Caption This Photo Of Buhari, Ganduje And Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.