Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,974 members, 7,828,451 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings (15499 Views)

PDP Primaries: Dino Melaye Loses Rerun To Reps Member, Tajudeen Yusuf / Senate Passes Revised Fiscal Framework, Approves N16.4trn Budget For 2022 / Governor Ayade Gifts Toyota Land Cruiser SUVs To Reps Who Decamped To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings by Quodseverismete: 7:06pm On Apr 07, 2022
By the time buhari is done with Nigeria, even changi no go remain for em pocket- Mama Peace. 2014.
Re: Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings by seyz91(m): 7:07pm On Apr 07, 2022
He is a fulani
.they are almajiris na (borrow) is ib their blood
Maxymilliano:
Seems the only language Buhari is well versed and understand perfectly well is to borrow.

His designation should be renamed "Commander in Chief of Borrow borrow.

Bambiala President that is not ashamed to donate $1M to Afghanistan but turn the country to a borrowing nation to fulfill his mission
Re: Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings by Daviddoma(m): 7:09pm On Apr 07, 2022
ogododo:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/04/ill-finance-n7-4trn-budget-deficit-with-new-borrowings-buhari-tells-reps/

Borrow to fun bandits or to do what with it exactly?bcz all the money they have been borrowing.have not seen any projects that will define the amount they have collected undecided undecided cry cry
Re: Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings by kingyakos: 7:11pm On Apr 07, 2022
Borrowing to finance budget while governors are buying 260 Cadillac to dash traditional rulers....spit on this country

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings by okrikaboi: 7:13pm On Apr 07, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings by Nyanabo(m): 7:13pm On Apr 07, 2022
Still the effect of this monies won't be felt in the economy. The economy is still in a state of comatose since 2014.

This government has don't little to nothing in making the economy bounce back. Rather its from one bad policy to another. From one borrow to another.

Most clueless government ever. Jonathan was clues but what we are experiencing now has broken the records.
How on earth can you borrow for recurrent expenditure ? My God. undecided
Re: Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings by Goldbw122(m): 7:17pm On Apr 07, 2022
When this man was a little child, he form the habit of borrowing like borrow me pen, borrow me money, lens me your book I will give you back that is how he form the habit to this time and now he just can't do anything about it.. very sorry for the next president that will be on power.. ..
Re: Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings by rajiedreez: 7:44pm On Apr 07, 2022
Why why why
Re: Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings by Abujason: 7:45pm On Apr 07, 2022
Mr Borrow-Borrow!
This man is doing all he can to make sure his successor go see shege.
Re: Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings by ufotunang: 8:03pm On Apr 07, 2022
Buhari very good in borrowing....one of his achievements for 8 years... just to be borrowing... nawaoooo... nigeria had entered one chance
Re: Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings by nkemjacob2(m): 8:04pm On Apr 07, 2022
I no d useless and rubber stamp senators wil not hesitate to approve d budget. I hope d northners are seeing d dividen of buhari gvt. come here and be typing presidency is our birthrite
Re: Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings by caye(m): 8:14pm On Apr 07, 2022
DeLaRue:
People hear 'borrow', they start cursing.

Yes burrowing in Naira is a bit high, but it's still manageable.

Borrowing in dollars is also not at an alarming level.

Nigeria has massive assets it can use to pay back its local and foreign debts at current levels, so the country is not at risk of defaulting.

Of course it would be better if we don't take on so much debt, but most countries in the world have higher debt per capita than Nigeria.

Nigeria is a big country with a big economy and that economy is getting bigger. We just need to find a way to get the economy growing at 6-7% again asap, so that prosperity can reach every nook and cranny of this country.

May God Almighty visit you with esan-(Karma) for supporting the final re-enslavement of African peoples.
Re: Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings by Germi9: 8:22pm On Apr 07, 2022
GooodHardDick:
By the time this man is done with Nigeria, una eyes go clear!!! angry
Borrowed money to build rail line from his ancestral home land Baradi (Niger Republic ) to Nigeria , what a shame the same legacy the next incoming president will follow
Re: Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings by michresakidjo(m): 8:24pm On Apr 07, 2022
Northerners are serial borrowers. From Almajiris on the streets of all thirty six states to the Grand chief Beggar in Household Rock. No different. Leches don't survive on their own they needs some life supporting blood banks for continue existence.

But he can build a railway track from Nigeria to neighboring countries with Nigerian money running into trillions of naira but he can't save his home.

A philosopher King with foresight is all Nigeria needs One with wisdom of Joseph as determined and courageous as Moses and Joshua. Nigeria don't yet have a man who can lead us to our designated position in the comity of nations. Maybe I'm the one the lord has prepared for the job it could be anybody provided it's sanction by God.
Re: Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings by UnabashedIPOB: 8:35pm On Apr 07, 2022
President Muhammadu Buhari has written to the House of Representatives seeking an increase in the 2022 budget deficit to be financed through borrowing from the domestic market.

Borrowing from what domestic market? What domestic market is viable in that damnable zoo to be borrowed from? I hope this serves you ONE NIGERIA apologists and Presidiot B0K0HARI a$$ lickers right. Your government is constantly feeding you garbage because it knows you're ignorant, gullible and very naïve. As it stands now, your own future is gone and that of y[b]our children are being whittled away slowly but surely[/b]. Good luck with your ONE NIGERIA. When it kills you, I would be here to talk about it.
Re: Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings by Benrosaria(m): 8:38pm On Apr 07, 2022
Buhari you must be jokin right ??
Re: Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings by Kpengla(m): 8:39pm On Apr 07, 2022
Re: Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings by jconsulting(f): 8:41pm On Apr 07, 2022
When this man was saying I will lift 100 million people out if poverty una no know say na opposite 100 million will find themselves in poverty that is wetin he mean
Re: Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings by Benrosaria(m): 8:43pm On Apr 07, 2022
Buhari you must be jokin right ??
Re: Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings by Raph82(m): 8:43pm On Apr 07, 2022
I don't expect less from a bambiallah who believes that begging around for money in the name of loans is a way of life. I. pity the next generation shaa.
Re: Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings by Nicepoker(m): 9:25pm On Apr 07, 2022
The vulture griller's dad has spoken.
Re: Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 07, 2022
Rollsnjaguar:
grin

Buhari will handle Security and Osinbajo will handle economy.

This is the result grin
My brother no be small pit we fall put 2015
Re: Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings by danity5love: 9:52pm On Apr 07, 2022
May Almighty help us..bUhari again!!!

Re: Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 07, 2022
Kenneth4u205:
This man can borrow. I just pity the next president who will be the one to pay back all this debts. Senate should enact a law forcing president and governors to pay back all borrowed fund before leaving office
Whoever becomes president 2023 will spend 8 years packing APC's shit!
Re: Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings by coldFLARES1(m): 9:58pm On Apr 07, 2022
grin. I no fit cry!

Such a sad thing that, however mentally deficient a candidate for an election is, he only has to be the most popular(other things being equal), and is catapulted to a position very well above his capacity.

When i voted in 2015, aside thinking holes would be plugged, i was hoping security would be better managed. How wrong that has turned out to be.

Borrowing in quatum that makes this administration a record holder, yet nothing to show.

I hardly would blame them, afterall some 109 Senators and 774 Representatives have elected to make themselves rubber-stamp, so i'll applaud them for such mindless gang-up.

They're all doing well!
Re: Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings by vince96w2(m): 10:27pm On Apr 07, 2022
I ve never seen anything more worthless
Re: Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings by zanshi: 10:59pm On Apr 07, 2022
DeLaRue:
People hear 'borrow', they start cursing.

Yes burrowing in Naira is a bit high, but it's still manageable.

Borrowing in dollars is also not at an alarming level.

Nigeria has massive assets it can use to pay back its local and foreign debts at current levels, so the country is not at risk of defaulting.

Of course it would be better if we don't take on so much debt, but most countries in the world have higher debt per capita than Nigeria.

Nigeria is a big country with a big economy and that economy is getting bigger. We just need to find a way to get the economy growing at 6-7% again asap, so that prosperity can reach every nook and cranny of this country.

These monies are going towards recurrent exp, plus we are spending most of our revenues to service debts.

That should worry you not these GDP to debt ratio that the west would try to feed you.

Plus the economy is facing challenges on different fronts and borrowing wouldn't cut it.
Re: Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings by AmuRubber(m): 11:45pm On Apr 07, 2022
Ohislee:
Speaker: Mr Buhari, there is a huge deficit in the 2022 budget. This is caused by the number of borrowing's we have to service. How do you solve this borrowing problem.

Buhari: We have to borrow to cover up for the borrowings we have borrowed. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

grin grin grin
Re: Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings by NLPoliceWoman: 12:31am On Apr 08, 2022
RTR
Re: Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings by linearity: 4:18am On Apr 08, 2022
Kenneth4u205:
This man can borrow. I just pity the next president who will be the one to pay back all this debts. Senate should enact a law forcing president and governors to pay back all borrowed fund before leaving office

Pay back what? The next President will borrow more to pay the interests on part of the loans, then siphon the other part of the loan to their foreign accounts and kick the can down the road.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Umahi: Blame Ohanaeze For Nnamdi Kanu’s Fate / Ighodalo Congratulates APC, Labour Candidates, Calls For Issue-Based Campaigns / More Crisis In Jos Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.