Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

4 Countries Where Women Pay Their Husbands' Dowry Before Marriage. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 4 Countries Where Women Pay Their Husbands' Dowry Before Marriage. (5547 Views)

DPO Lawan Abdullahi Pays Dowry For Lovers To Get Married In Kaduna / Yakubu Chanji Nafsi-Nafsi Bride Is 20 Years, N300,000 Paid As Dowry / Brazilian women pay money to take photo with man with large manhood (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Countries Where Women Pay Their Husbands' Dowry Before Marriage. by Chuks277: 3:29pm On Apr 07, 2022
1. India.
Among the countries that have long practiced this culture in India, which has been around for a very long time. They have passed it down from generation to generation, including to their children. In some cultures, when a woman is ready to marry, her parents may ask her to provide them with a cow or a small car as part of the dowry.

2. Kenya.
In Africa, Kenya was one of the countries that practiced this type of marriage and dowry payment system. On the day of their traditional wedding, the bride is required to hand over the dowry to her husband's father, which can be in cash or kind.

A large number of people also believe that this does not imply that the woman is responsible for the money. If they don't have enough money to show their wives, the majority of husbands give the money to them privately.

Read more >>>https://africamediang.com/4-countries-where-women-pay-their-husbands-dowry-before-marriage/

Re: 4 Countries Where Women Pay Their Husbands' Dowry Before Marriage. by wizonlyson: 3:36pm On Apr 07, 2022
grin grin..not here in my country..they will make sure that, there daugther diary money, is complete..hmmm..nigeria my country..i hail ooo..

1 Like

Re: 4 Countries Where Women Pay Their Husbands' Dowry Before Marriage. by MikeBetty(m): 3:52pm On Apr 07, 2022
This culture go help our kontri5 sister
Re: 4 Countries Where Women Pay Their Husbands' Dowry Before Marriage. by DaInferno(m): 3:53pm On Apr 07, 2022
wizonlyson:
grin grin..not here in my country..they will make sure that, there daugther diary money, is complete..hmmm..nigeria my country..i hail ooo..
the purpose of this thread is to educate, not for you to start dragging Nigeria at the slightest

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Countries Where Women Pay Their Husbands' Dowry Before Marriage. by Telegram234(m): 8:44pm On Apr 07, 2022
*thegidredpiller has joined the group chat*

1 Like

Re: 4 Countries Where Women Pay Their Husbands' Dowry Before Marriage. by Truvelisback(m): 9:43pm On Apr 07, 2022
If naija women were to do the same, we for don grow Moses. grin
Re: 4 Countries Where Women Pay Their Husbands' Dowry Before Marriage. by lecturer50(m): 10:24pm On Apr 07, 2022
Many men are so useless that if a woman were to be the one who paid for the marriage, they would start looking down on her.

I met a woman who loves and respect men and would not hesitate to give her man all her money to please him.

But men being what they are, started hating and shunning her.

I begin to wonder how the male gender use to reason.

Is it such a woman that a man suppose to hate?

No wonder so many men end up marrying monsters as wives.

God is not mocked.

You see a good girl who loves you and respect you and you see that as a problem.

Why won't an evil woman be given you as a wife?

But when they meet their match in an evil woman, they would start complaining.

Yet when God brought a good woman his way, he thought she was cheap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Countries Where Women Pay Their Husbands' Dowry Before Marriage. by Tallesty1(m): 10:37pm On Apr 07, 2022
wizonlyson:
Men pay bride price and women pay dowry in some places in Nigeria.
Re: 4 Countries Where Women Pay Their Husbands' Dowry Before Marriage. by Orgasmgiver123(m): 10:59pm On Apr 07, 2022
One of the reason why i kick people with my rain boot

Damn... nasty... I’m out of here
Re: 4 Countries Where Women Pay Their Husbands' Dowry Before Marriage. by KenyaNairobiGuy: 1:06am On Apr 08, 2022
Chuks277:
1. India.
Among the countries that have long practiced this culture in India, which has been around for a very long time. They have passed it down from generation to generation, including to their children. In some cultures, when a woman is ready to marry, her parents may ask her to provide them with a cow or a small car as part of the dowry.

2. Kenya.
In Africa, Kenya was one of the countries that practiced this type of marriage and dowry payment system. On the day of their traditional wedding, the bride is required to hand over the dowry to her husband's father, which can be in cash or kind.

A large number of people also believe that this does not imply that the woman is responsible for the money. If they don't have enough money to show their wives, the majority of husbands give the money to them privately.

Read more >>>https://africamediang.com/4-countries-where-women-pay-their-husbands-dowry-before-marriage/
Get your facts right blogger.

It's amazing how most Nigerians are obsessed with Kenya on Nairaland and you have never been here to see for yourself.

Kenya this, Kenya that, wierd Kenya news.....see your life! grin grin grin
Re: 4 Countries Where Women Pay Their Husbands' Dowry Before Marriage. by shortIGBOman: 6:15am On Apr 08, 2022
wizonlyson:

If na Igbo, e worst for their side. My friend wey wan marry one Imo Girl that year. They drained him till nothing was left in him. grin They even made him buy laptop for the Girl Brother. My Guys spent over 2m on dowries.

However, the marriage no last. My Guy marry retired Ashawo without knowing. One Prik no do her, She just dey flex upandan, dey share give whoever need am. Na em my Guy kick the Bitch out of his House.

4 Likes

Re: 4 Countries Where Women Pay Their Husbands' Dowry Before Marriage. by Tonymegabush1(m): 7:36am On Apr 08, 2022
I know kenya will make the list.... Country of weirdness
Re: 4 Countries Where Women Pay Their Husbands' Dowry Before Marriage. by immortalmortal: 8:29am On Apr 08, 2022
I for like try Kenya woman o. Even if i no marry am make i just do the do.
Re: 4 Countries Where Women Pay Their Husbands' Dowry Before Marriage. by Totilopussylick(m): 1:00pm On Apr 08, 2022
shortIGBOman:

If na Igbo, e worst for their side. My friend wey wan marry one Imo Girl that year. They drained him till nothing was left in him. grin They even made him buy laptop for the Girl Brother. My Guys spent over 2m on dowries.

However, the marriage no last. My Guy marry retired Ashawo without knowing. One Prik no do her, She just dey flex upandan, dey share give whoever need am. Na em my Guy kick the Bitch out of his House.
You Lie too much tongue

Imo girls are as moderate as you want it to be.

Bride price is not and was never a problem in IMO state.

The superstitious stories about IMO state women been expensive in times of paying their bride price was a drama from Nollywood movie in the 1980 angry.
Re: 4 Countries Where Women Pay Their Husbands' Dowry Before Marriage. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 08, 2022
On my way to INDIA grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Caught My Girl Friend In Bed With Another Woman: What Should I Do? / What Would You Do In This Situation?????? / GRAPHIC: This Is Why You Should Never Sit With Legs Crossed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.