Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,128 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Husband Of Nancy Crampton-Brophy Found Dead - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Husband Of Nancy Crampton-Brophy Found Dead (54250 Views)

Woman Accuses Her Husband Of Sexually Molesting Their 9-Month-Old Son / Nancy Crampton-Brophy Arrested For Murdering Her Husband / Husband Of A Pregnant Woman Hanged In Ekiti (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband Of Nancy Crampton-Brophy Found Dead by ogbiwa: 5:13pm On Apr 07, 2022
A romantic novelist whose husband was brutally gunned down at the college where he worked is standing trial for murder.

Nancy Crampton-Brophy, author of “How to Murder Your Husband” has pleaded not guilty to the murder of her husband, Daniel Brophy.

At around 7:30 a.m. on June 2, 2018, Brophy was found dead from multiple gunshot wounds at the Oregon Culinary Institute where he worked.

He should have been alone in a kitchen when he was killed, and there were no obvious suspects.

There were no signs of a struggle and no signs of robbery, a police report said. Brophy still had his wallet, phone, and car keys with him, when he was found.

The following day, Crampton-Brophy, wrote on Facebook: “For my Facebook friends and family, I have sad news to relate. My husband and best friend, Chef Dan Brophy was killed yesterday morning.”

She told police she had been at home when her husband was killed, but was later arrested after police found evidence that she had been near the college

According to court documents Crampton-Brophy, 71, stood to gain $1.4million (£1.07m) from her husband’s death. She had allegedly asked cops to provide her with a letter confirming that she wasn’t a suspect in her husband’s murder so she could collect on his life insurance policy.

A police report suggests that the couple had been struggling financially at the time of Brophy’s death.

In court this week, Multnomah County Senior Deputy District Attorney Shawn Overstreet told the jury that Crampton Brophy had been "motivated by greed and a $1.4 million insurance policy".

Speaking for the defence, Lisa Maxfield said Crampton Brophy had suffered greatly over the past couple of years, and that there was no substance to the prosecution's claim that she had profited from her husband's death.

At the start of the trial this week, Judge Christopher Ramras ordered that Crampton-Brophy’s essay, “How to Murder Your Husband” would be excluded from evidence.

In the 2011 essay, she wrote: “As a romantic suspense writer, I spend a lot of time thinking about murder and, consequently, about police procedure.

"After all, if the murder is supposed to set me free, I certainly don’t want to spend any time in jail.”

But Judge Ramras said: ”Any minimal probative value of an article written that long ago is substantially outweighed by the danger of unfair prejudice and confusion of the issues”.

The trial is expected to last seven weeks in Portland, Oregon.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/how-murder-your-husband-author-26649821

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Of Nancy Crampton-Brophy Found Dead by ArchLimited: 5:13pm On Apr 07, 2022
Now she'll wish she never wrote such book.

Need a top level building designer and/or builder? for any proposed or old project? Contact via signature below to begin by viewing previous samples

22 Likes

Re: Husband Of Nancy Crampton-Brophy Found Dead by heniford2: 5:27pm On Apr 07, 2022
She just practiced what she wrote grin cheesy men are now indangered specie to women this day undecided as now u can die at anytime.

134 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Husband Of Nancy Crampton-Brophy Found Dead by habsydiamond(m): 5:29pm On Apr 07, 2022
Beware of dogs, sorry beware of this woman. dogs even loyal pass this one o.. U write book come follow the strategy just for life insurance policy.. People wicked oooo. This reminded me of a series 'How to get away with murder'

25 Likes

Re: Husband Of Nancy Crampton-Brophy Found Dead by Realadey(m): 5:35pm On Apr 07, 2022
Hmmmm, the mind of this woman is full of wickedness

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husband Of Nancy Crampton-Brophy Found Dead by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:39pm On Apr 07, 2022
she would probably walk ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Of Nancy Crampton-Brophy Found Dead by thorpido(m): 5:47pm On Apr 07, 2022
She's going to get nailed for this.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husband Of Nancy Crampton-Brophy Found Dead by superCleanworks(m): 6:00pm On Apr 07, 2022
She would be the most foolish person if it turned out to be that she actually did it.

I doubt she did.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Husband Of Nancy Crampton-Brophy Found Dead by Fashionista01(f): 6:15pm On Apr 07, 2022
Try and study who you want to spend your life with before marriage.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husband Of Nancy Crampton-Brophy Found Dead by Fredmatic(m): 6:27pm On Apr 07, 2022
Ooh the man fail to see it coming

2 Likes

Re: Husband Of Nancy Crampton-Brophy Found Dead by Goldbw122(m): 6:54pm On Apr 07, 2022
Too bad..
Re: Husband Of Nancy Crampton-Brophy Found Dead by eldervine: 6:57pm On Apr 07, 2022
I fear who no fear women. The fact that she was asking for a letter to collect the insurance makes her a prime suspect

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husband Of Nancy Crampton-Brophy Found Dead by dynicks(m): 6:57pm On Apr 07, 2022
Buhari serving us as e dey hot!!

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husband Of Nancy Crampton-Brophy Found Dead by Mykelslim: 7:03pm On Apr 07, 2022
She don practice am

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husband Of Nancy Crampton-Brophy Found Dead by Brendaniel: 8:05am On Apr 08, 2022
Terrible...
Re: Husband Of Nancy Crampton-Brophy Found Dead by MathewOG(m): 8:06am On Apr 08, 2022
in the 2011 essay, she wrote: “As a romantic suspense writer, I spend a lot of time thinking about murder and, consequently, about police procedure.

"After all, if the murder is supposed to set me free, I certainly don’t want to spend any time in jail.”

But Judge Ramras said: ”Any minimal probative value of an article written that long ago is substantially outweighed by the danger of unfair prejudice and confusion of the issues”.

The trial is expected to last seven weeks in Portland, Oregon.

4 Likes

Re: Husband Of Nancy Crampton-Brophy Found Dead by JosephXavier: 8:06am On Apr 08, 2022
Some men are very stupid

Your wife wrote a novel titled "How to murder your husband" and you still live in the same house,under the same roof with her

Some people can't read the writing on the wall

Whether this is simpism or foolishness, it had landed him to his destination

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husband Of Nancy Crampton-Brophy Found Dead by Pavoboa: 8:07am On Apr 08, 2022
Good for her
Re: Husband Of Nancy Crampton-Brophy Found Dead by helinues: 8:08am On Apr 08, 2022
Toh

Her husband could have inspired her to write the jargons
Re: Husband Of Nancy Crampton-Brophy Found Dead by candidbabe(f): 8:08am On Apr 08, 2022
angry angry angry grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Husband Of Nancy Crampton-Brophy Found Dead by BarrElChapo(m): 8:08am On Apr 08, 2022
Sapphire come and see something undecided

5 Likes

Re: Husband Of Nancy Crampton-Brophy Found Dead by kyseetu: 8:08am On Apr 08, 2022
That's bad

She killed him
Re: Husband Of Nancy Crampton-Brophy Found Dead by Counterfeit: 8:08am On Apr 08, 2022
She practiced what her husband preached!!
Re: Husband Of Nancy Crampton-Brophy Found Dead by Skillsnigeria: 8:08am On Apr 08, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Husband Of Nancy Crampton-Brophy Found Dead by fasho01(m): 8:09am On Apr 08, 2022
grin grin grin
Re: Husband Of Nancy Crampton-Brophy Found Dead by saphiere(f): 8:09am On Apr 08, 2022
What a coincidence.
Re: Husband Of Nancy Crampton-Brophy Found Dead by Obvutaa: 8:09am On Apr 08, 2022
She is a prime suspect

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

16-year-old Girl Bathes Lover With Acid For Cheating On Her / Female Soldier Beats Policewoman Comatose In Lagos / Thugs Arrested Using Kano CCTV System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.