Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,422 members, 7,954,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:02 AM

Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities (18751 Views)

Lady Laments Over Silence Of Nigerians Despite Hardship, Hunger In The Country / Labour Party Agent Shot Dead – Rhodes-Vivour Says Police, INEC Complicit / Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Government Is Complicit - Adegboruwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by ayindejimmy(m): 7:12am On Apr 08, 2022
You kept going back and forth,
We all know Igbos are the perpetrators so why the ambiguity?

This is exactly what this post aims to dissect - holding brief for the perpetrators

immortalcrown:
Did you complain about the celebrities' silence when Python Dance happened? I do not support destruction of human lives. But selective justice is the highest form of injustice. I am not a member of IPOB but I hate hypocrisy. IPOB was using only words of mouth until the government started killing IPOB members. I do not support war. But when a war is brought on a sane man, he defends himself. If Nigeria is a democratic country, why is IPOB's word of mouth a crime punishable by a massacre? Can there be democracy without freedom of expression? Meanwhile, I do not know if the attack in Soludo's LGA was by IPOB/ESN or not. I was not there.

I said I do not support destruction of lives. Then I said a sane man defends himself when a war is brought on him. That I do not support war does not mean I will fold hands and watch you if you attack me in my home. Or do you expect IPOB members to run away from their land? Illiteracy is your problem. I asked the poster if he complained about the celebrities' silence when python dance happened. I also mentioned selective justice in my comment. The two sentences explain the intention of my comment. But your brain is too weak to decode the simple English.
Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:18am On Apr 08, 2022
CharlotteFlair:
NL .mega star. In real life you squat in a toilet line BQ in Lagos. There where few idiots online when subscription of data was 5k minimum.
Yeah right! Is this supposed to make be feel bad or something? grin

Been here long enough to know you lots will say anything to make yourself feel better or appear smart. Not surprised one bit. grin
Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by Iceberg3: 7:29am On Apr 08, 2022
DimIsaac10:
If say Na east dem bomb train, I no wetin for happen.

I tell you...see how Nigerians were killed in that train and all of these wicked people now forgot about the whole massacre!!!!! They even made mockery of the dead!!
Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by stevnwigw1: 7:38am On Apr 08, 2022
Are you sure that those doing these killings are not enemies of Alaigbo, because ever since they heard that Igbos in the diaspora want to be sending money for the development of the Anambra state, that was when all these escalated
Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by Conrod: 7:43am On Apr 08, 2022
seunmsg:
It is just sad but I’m not surprised. They said nothing when the highly experienced consultant and national her, Dr. Akunyuli was murdered in cold blood by Ipob but made so much noise when terrorist killed Chinelo on the ill fated Abuja to Kaduna train. Some folks on Nairaland even defended the murder of Dr. Akunyuli.

While there is no justification for the two deaths, there is also no justification for defending those that killed the former. We must join hands together to condemn all evil doers irrespective of their ethnicity.

I condemned this nonsense ESN/UGM when it started and I’m still condemning it today. It will best no good fruit for the SE and indeed Nigeria. I hope it is not too late for the SE. The time for every right thinking person in that region to come out and work towards putting an end to this nonsense is now.
Kingsley 1000,keep seeking and jumping into every igbo related topic,...onye eriri eri.
Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by erubati: 7:47am On Apr 08, 2022
Like they said-why do u want to take paracetamol on another man's headache.
Why not allow them kill themselves and self destruct?
As long as u don't bring such madness down to the west,then u guys are good.
Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by truthCoder: 7:52am On Apr 08, 2022
CharlotteFlair:
When buhari went on international tv to call us 5%, you didn't caution his elderly brain.

When buhari came to international tv to call Igbos dot in the circle, you shouted for joy. You taunted Igbos with it.

When python danced and was killing Igbos, you rejoiced.

So what's your grouse now? Why do you want to wail to death over Igbo matters when you never spoke up against your unpatriotic presidiot who saw it as powerful to come online to abuse a genetically superior race who by accident are a part of the country he rules.
Why was he comfortable dialoguing with Boko Haram but Bent on killing unarmed Ipob members?

You hypocritical wide mouths should look into your own communities and weep for their poor conditions of living rather than shedding hypocritical tears on Igbo matters.

Show any post, comment or video where i did all you just accused me and i will credit any account you provide with N500k

Oh, you are generalizing. Just because i offered an alternative opinion?

Why do you assume anyone with a contrary opinion on IPOB actions is definitely a buhari supporter?

I now know why real igbo intellectuals have kept quiet.

If your neighbor is trying to eating cockroaches, it is better to stop him. Not because you dont want the death of the cockroaches but in order to ensure his potential belly ache at night does not disturb your sleep.( a proverb)

Go ahead and burn more igbo local governments. If you like, kill your governors and the governed.
Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by CharlotteFlair: 8:09am On Apr 08, 2022
truthCoder:

Show any post, comment or video where i did all you just accused me and i will credit any account you provide with N500k

Oh, you are generalizing. Just because i offered an alternative opinion?

Why do you assume anyone with a contrary opinion on IPOB actions is definitely a buhari supporter?

I now know why real igbo intellectuals have kept quiet.

If your neighbor is trying to eating cockroaches, it is better to stop him. Not because you dont want the death of the cockroaches but in order to ensure his potential belly ache at night does not disturb your sleep.( a proverb)

Go ahead and burn more igbo local governments. If you like, kill your governors and the governed.
You are not making sense!

You failed to see the meat of my argument so I can't help you.

But if you must be a motivational activist, always endeavor to balance your package and not the selective amnesiac judgement you lots hide behind your phones to dish out!

Send your 500k to any IDP of your choice, thanks.
Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by CharlotteFlair: 8:10am On Apr 08, 2022
YoungBlackRico:
Yeah right! Is this supposed to make be feel bad or something? grin

Been here long enough to know you lots will say anything to make yourself feel better or appear smart. Not surprised one bit. grin
Stop fishing for idiots.
Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 08, 2022
truthCoder:

These are valid points that you have raised.

Remember, similar opinions were raised when Kanu miraculously escaped when his home was attacked. Nobody has answered how Kanu who was completely encircled was able to fly out of the country till today.

However, i do not believe it is a false flag because if it were, then the military has gotten all the necessary justifications to implement ‘special operations’ to wipe out IPOB.

If it was a false flag, this is also the best time for celebrities and important people to speak out.

I suspect people are keeping quiet because df the narcissistic attitude of IPOB. Any alternative voice is labeled an ottelectual or a saboteur.

Not really, see IPOB has a good following but they are not daft to hit igbo people. This Unknown gunmen attacks are clearly false flag even IPOB has several times distanced themselves from the attacks, two things may be involved clearly a false flag to give FG the excuse to have a full scale military operation and declare martial law in the south east or secondly this could be disgruntled politicians sponsoring thugs to carry out the attacks under the toga of UGM/IPOB just to discredit the government of Soludo. Because let us look at it has the police made an arrest and the person admitted that he is an ESN member or IPOB commander come to think of it no one all this while all the arrests they made have overtime been shown to be innocent people and then released quietly.
Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by truthCoder: 8:28am On Apr 08, 2022
CharlotteFlair:
You are not making sense!

You failed to see the meat of my argument so I can't help you.

But if you must be a motivational activist, always endeavor to balance your package and not the selective amnesiac judgement you lots hide behind your phones to dish out!

Send your 500k to any IDP of your choice, thanks.

You never fail to amaze me with your generalizations.

Your mind is rigged to an “us” vs “them” mentality.

Any contrary opinion makes them the enemy abi?

Continue. You are doing well.
Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by CharlotteFlair: 8:34am On Apr 08, 2022
truthCoder:

You never fail to amaze me with your generalizations.

Your mind is rigged to an “us” vs “them” mentality.

Any contrary opinion makes them the enemy abi?

Continue. You are doing well.
You can keep playing the ostrich. Nigeria is about us vs them. It was so before you were born and it will continue to be so after you are gone. There's no unity and love among Nigerians.

Don't you lots come here to swear with your blood that an Igbo man will never be president? Is that not a declaration of us vs them?

There can never be unity among Nigerians provided there's no justice and equity.

If you want to start a debate with me on Us vs Them, then create another thread and mention me.

1 Like

Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by truthCoder: 8:37am On Apr 08, 2022
obynzo:

Not really, see IPOB has a good following but they are not daft to hit igbo people. This Unknown gunmen attacks are clearly false flag even IPOB has several times distanced themselves from the attacks, two things may be involved clearly a false flag to give FG the excuse to have a full scale military operation and declare martial law in the south east or secondly this could be disgruntled politicians sponsoring thugs to carry out the attacks under the toga of UGM/IPOB just to discredit the government of Soludo. Because let us look at it has the police made an arrest and the person admitted that he is an ESN member or IPOB commander come to think of it no one all this while all the arrests they made have overtime been shown to be innocent people and then released quietly.

The official IPOB has allegedly distanced themselves from the violence and sit at home.

The Autopilot faction of IPOB led by Ekpa has claimed all responsibilities for the terrors.

Ekpa and his thugs claim they are IPOB members.

If Igbos are completely against the terrors inflicted by Simon and co, there are avenues to address this. Avenues which is not being fully implemented because “who wants to bell the cat?”

Why is everyone not coming out on the said Monday as a solidarity call against the terrorists? These individuals are humans living within the communities. Why are they not been reported?

In another light, i have noticed that whenever there is a contrary opinion going against the violence, it is still these same IPOB members that will come online to attack anyone against the violence.

If the killers are bad and outsiders say the killers are bad, why attack the outsiders? Except the killers are actually good ?
Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by Maobichek: 8:50am On Apr 08, 2022
truthCoder:

The OP asked a simple question “why are celebrities silent as terrorism grows in the east?”

Your own answer is that fewer people have died in the east than in Benue so there is no problem.

The only reason anyone not of eastern extract would be concerned is that despite what you as in individual might project, we are all citizens of this country together. Anything that happens to someone in Abia affects the person in Sokoto too.

Ekpa and his thugs are a problem and the earlier you realize this common sense, the better

The only reason anyone not of eastern extract would be concerned is that despite what you as in individual might project, we are all citizens of this country together. Anything that happens to someone in Abia affects the person in Sokoto too.

Good morning, the copied paragraph is the reason why I'm commenting in this thread. Many people here have been shouting that any problem in the East has nothing to do with PMB and the federal government but it's a lie.

From day one, many people are not in support of the killings and destructions happening in the East but the impression that only the East is suffering is a lie. I was in Kaduna last month and i was devastated by the level of killings and destructions in Kaduna. God help this country, i don't want to talk about the OP nor compare the South East to his home state because it's of no importance at all.

1 Like

Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by truthCoder: 8:53am On Apr 08, 2022
CharlotteFlair:
You can keep playing the ostrich. Nigeria is about us vs them. It was so before you were born and it will continue to be so after you are gone. There's no unity and love among Nigerians.

Don't you lots come here to swear with your blood that an Igbo man will never be president? Is that not a declaration of us vs them?

There can never be unity among Nigerians provided there's no justice and equity.

If you want to start a debate with me on Us vs Them, then create another thread and mention me.

Only a tribally limited individual will confidently believe in such a racial ideology of us vs them.

As regards igbo presidency, ask yourself this simple question. How many igbo politicians do we have that currently have a national spread of influence? Look at Obasanjo in 1999. Despite being Yoruba, the Yorubas didn’t vote for him. He won, not because he was a Yoruba but he was a nationalist. The approach of Igbo politicians is that “we have not been president before so give it to us”. Sorry, it doesn’t work that way.

In addition to the above, your own personal approach (based on your comments), is that we should burn all bridges. Everyone is against the innocent igbos. How is that approach going for you? How do you think a foreigner who thinks the whole of Africa is one unit would feel when you try explaining why you so much hate other tribes or believe other tribes hate you?

When i see a national politician from the Igbo tribe contesting, who believes in “one-Nigeria” and can confidently say this anywhere, i will vote for him and publicly campaign for him.
Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by immortalcrown(m): 8:54am On Apr 08, 2022
Abdul4trust1:
Did you hear yourself? Who pushed Ipob to the wall. There is nothing wrong seeking self determination but it has to follow due process. Keep deceiving yourself that you're not supporting Ipob.
Boko Haram started by killing Christians and people were clapping for them just the way you're clapping for Ipob/Esn now but today, Boko Haram has killed more Muslims than Christians. Negotiation is the only positive way out of any form of crises rather than war. I come in peace.
Just one question for you, which due process did IPOB fail to follow?
Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by Abdul4trust1(m): 9:02am On Apr 08, 2022
CharlotteFlair:
There's no peace in your wicked hypocritical mind please. You are full of evil and mischief and hypocrisy. When did this love for Igbos begin?

I know the rest of you fears war but you are happy when buhari goes online to abuse and call them names and sends python to dance on his (buhari) father's grave! Hateful mofos!

We die here!
sorry, enjoy the peace you deserve in that region. I'm not from the east and I'm also not from northeast.
I'm from Edo state
Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by izac82: 9:12am On Apr 08, 2022
I'm so disappointed by comments coming from my Igbo brothers on this thread, just because the author is someone they disliked. It is wisdom to digest the message and leave the messenger out of it. What has really befallen Igboland, only God can help us. A dangerous precedent has been set. Too bad.
Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by CharlotteFlair: 9:14am On Apr 08, 2022
Abdul4trust1:
sorry, enjoy the peace you deserve in that region. I'm not from the east and I'm also not from northeast.
I'm from Edo state
The breakfast will go round.
Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by izac82: 9:22am On Apr 08, 2022
CharlotteFlair:
Which nonsense breakfast? You are destroying your land and think you can export it to other region?
Quit deceiving yourself.
Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by CharlotteFlair: 9:23am On Apr 08, 2022
izac82:

Which nonsense breakfast? You are destroying your land and think you can export it to other region?
Quit deceiving yourself.
You have been noticed.
Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by Perfectbeing(m): 9:31am On Apr 08, 2022
immortalcrown:

IPOB is not killing his household. All those who work against IPOB are enemies of Biafra, they are not IPOB households. A viper at home is not different from a viper outside. This your emotional blackmail is not effective on my reasoning.
So Governor Soludo is an enemy abi?
Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by izac82: 9:41am On Apr 08, 2022
immortalcrown:
Did you complain about the celebrities' silence when Python Dance happened? I do not support destruction of human lives. But selective justice is the highest form of injustice. I am not a member of IPOB but I hate hypocrisy. IPOB was using only words of mouth until the government started killing IPOB members. I do not support war. But when a war is brought on a sane man, he defends himself. If Nigeria is a democratic country, why is IPOB's word of mouth a crime punishable by a massacre? Can there be democracy without freedom of expression? Meanwhile, I do not know if the attack in Soludo's LGA was by IPOB/ESN or not. I was not there.

I said I do not support destruction of lives. Then I said a sane man defends himself when a war is brought on him. That I do not support war does not mean I will fold hands and watch you if you attack me in my home. Or do you expect IPOB members to run away from their land? Illiteracy is your problem. I asked the poster if he complained about the celebrities' silence when python dance happened. I also mentioned selective justice in my comment. The two sentences explain the intention of my comment. But your brain is too weak to decode the simple English.
You have stupidly pointed fingers at IPOB from your ill concieved comment. So because python danced, we now have to burn down Igboland to make FG feel our pains? How you guys think is something worth of study. This is nothing but pure act of terrorism. But stop annoying our intelligence with your useless attempt to defend the obvious.
Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 08, 2022
truthCoder:

The official IPOB has allegedly distanced themselves from the violence and sit at home.

The Autopilot faction of IPOB led by Ekpa has claimed all responsibilities for the terrors.

Ekpa and his thugs claim they are IPOB members.

If Igbos are completely against the terrors inflicted by Simon and co, there are avenues to address this. Avenues which is not being fully implemented because “who wants to bell the cat?”

Why is everyone not coming out on the said Monday as a solidarity call against the terrorists? These individuals are humans living within the communities. Why are they not been reported?

In another light, i have noticed that whenever there is a contrary opinion going against the violence, it is still these same IPOB members that will come online to attack anyone against the violence.

If the killers are bad and outsiders say the killers are bad, why attack the outsiders? Except the killers are actually good ?

Truth is nobody wants to be caught under the cross fire. these autopiloters are actually not IPOB members like i told you these are thugs sponsored by politicians to cause chaos and discredit Soludo's government
Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by MoneyMustBMade(m): 10:15am On Apr 08, 2022
immortalcrown:

God bless you
You just nail it finish
Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by immortalcrown(m): 12:00pm On Apr 08, 2022
izac82:
You have stupidly pointed fingers at IPOB from your ill concieved comment. So because python danced, we now have to burn down Igboland to make FG feel our pains? How you guys think is something worth of study. This is nothing but pure act of terrorism. But stop annoying our intelligence with your useless attempt to defend the obvious.
Only a fool ignores the root cause of a problem when trying to solve the problem. You and the poster are the fools. Both of you want to climb the tree from the tree top instead of starting from the tree stem. Have the poster and the celebrities he mentioned addressed what resulted in the formation of IPOB? Or, will IPOB stop to exist while what caused IPOB continues?

1 Like

Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by immortalcrown(m): 12:03pm On Apr 08, 2022
Perfectbeing:
So Governor Soludo is an enemy abi?
Was Soludo the person attacked? Did the attackers tell you Soludo is their target? Did I even mention Soludo in any of my comments?
Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by Abdul4trust1(m): 12:25pm On Apr 08, 2022
CharlotteFlair:
No, the breakfast is for southeast and northeast that supported it.
Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by CharlotteFlair: 12:27pm On Apr 08, 2022
Abdul4trust1:
No, the breakfast is for southeast and northeast that supported it.
What about north west? Is there peace in the middle belt?

As you can see, the breakfast would go round.
Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by Sleekfingers: 2:36pm On Apr 08, 2022
[quote author=omenkaLives post=111741522][/quote]

You can't hear dem speak. Because most of them reside in Lagos.......if una like make una burn una region to ashes.....e no concern us......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities by Perfectbeing(m): 3:24pm On Apr 08, 2022
immortalcrown:

Was Soludo the person attacked? Did the attackers tell you Soludo is their target? Did I even mention Soludo in any of my comments?
It is his government that they are attacking. It is him that will take all the blame because he's the CSO of Anambra state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jimi Agbaje Promises To Scrap Lekki-epe Tollgate / Bullet-proof Cars: Court Bars EFCC From Inviting Oduah / EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.