Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Please Help!!! How Can A Wrong Date Of Birth Be Corrected? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Help!!! How Can A Wrong Date Of Birth Be Corrected? (3391 Views)

Can Date Of Birth On WAEC Be Corrected? / How Can Be Wrong Name On O Level Result Be Corrected? / Can Any Mistake Made On Post Utme Form Be Corrected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help!!! How Can A Wrong Date Of Birth Be Corrected? by Fuckyoumod: 8:43pm On Apr 07, 2022
Good evening Nairalanders.

Today is my birthday!

I'm currently in a state of confusion, I'm traumatized.

Kindly ignore my errors and help me, some years back during my first degree admission, my birth certificate was needed to process my admission. But I don't have a birth certificate.

So my uncle went to the customary court to obtain an age declaration to enable me carry out my registration. Unknown to us as family members that there was a mistake in the year of birth, the day and month is correct. Before now I was made to believe my date of birth was 7th of April, 1990. This was the age we all believed and have been using as my official age all this while.

But low and behold, today being my birthday, during a small family get together in my honor. My dad was shocked to here me say I'm 33 years old. he said and I quote "no, no, you are not 33 my son! Who told you that? You are 29 years old. You were born on the 7th of April 1994 and not 1990".

This means I have been parading myself older than I am all this years.

The question and problem now is, can I correct it? Is it possible? How do I go about it constitutionally without it hurting me tomorrow.

Please help and advice me on what to do, I really want my real age 1994, instead of 1990.

I appreciate all your advice.
Re: Please Help!!! How Can A Wrong Date Of Birth Be Corrected? by immortalcrown(m): 8:47pm On Apr 07, 2022
I think you should correct your username (moniker) first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help!!! How Can A Wrong Date Of Birth Be Corrected? by CuteEmma(f): 9:15pm On Apr 07, 2022
Op, you’re funny grin

Just say you want to reduce your age. Go get a birth certificate and submit it to the school where you did your first degree so it will not affect your transcript. I think WAEC has stopped correcting DoB, so if it’s NECO you’re using, then you’re safe. Also, NIN DoB can be corrected but you have to pay and wait for a really long time

2 Likes

Re: Please Help!!! How Can A Wrong Date Of Birth Be Corrected? by Fuckyoumod: 4:45am On Apr 08, 2022
CuteEmma:
Op, you’re funny grin

Just say you want to reduce your age. Go get a birth certificate and submit it to the school where you did your first degree so it will not affect your transcript. I think WAEC has stopped correcting DoB, so if it’s NECO you’re using, then you’re safe. Also, NIN DoB can be corrected but you have to pay and wait for a really long time
thanks for the advice. Can I still get a birth certificate 29 years after I was born?
Re: Please Help!!! How Can A Wrong Date Of Birth Be Corrected? by CuteEmma(f): 10:26am On Apr 08, 2022
Fuckyoumod:
thanks for the advice. Can I still get a birth certificate 29 years after I was born?
Yes, for about 3k, instantly.
If you know the hospital and LGA, fine, if you don’t, they would just ask for your parents names and fill in the rest.
Re: Please Help!!! How Can A Wrong Date Of Birth Be Corrected? by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:48am On Apr 08, 2022
Yes you can. Go to court and do an AFFIDAVIT FOR DATE OF BIRTH. You will explain what you have just explained here, and they will help you. You can go with your dad or any other guardian if you wish as it will make them attend to you with speed.
Fuckyoumod:
Re: Please Help!!! How Can A Wrong Date Of Birth Be Corrected? by Fuckyoumod: 12:03pm On Apr 08, 2022
LilMissFavvy:
Yes you can. Go to court and do an AFFIDAVIT FOR DATE OF BIRTH. You will explain what you have just explained here, and they will help you. You can go with your dad or any other guardian if you wish as it will make them attend to you with speed.
ok thanks
Re: Please Help!!! How Can A Wrong Date Of Birth Be Corrected? by Fuckyoumod: 12:03pm On Apr 08, 2022
CuteEmma:
Yes, for about 3k, instantly.
If you know the hospital and LGA, fine, if you don’t, they would just ask for your parents names and fill in the rest.
thanks
Re: Please Help!!! How Can A Wrong Date Of Birth Be Corrected? by PECng: 11:26am On May 25, 2023
Solution to Date of Birth Discrepancies on Your Transcript
If not the biggest problem among alumni of Nigerian schools then it would be the second; a large percentage of our alumni have issues with their date of birth. This problem emanates from the Nigerian culture of needing to claim a younger age because of the labour market and also to avoid early retirement, and other reasons like age insecurities and carelessness. These are reasons why alumni would leave one date of birth with WAEC, leave another date of birth with JAMB, leave another one with their school, leave another one with NIMC, and leave another one with Immigration. All these often come back to cause troubles for the person when one of these offices need multiple of their documents. This is why, in relation to transcript, this is one of the problems that often pop up. It’s like everyone has different date of birth on their transcript from the one they have on their NIN and international passport, and this always cause problem for the affected people since schools don’t change date of birth on transcript; your school would only use the date of birth you submitted when you were admitted, nothing would make them change it. But how do the affected people solve this problem? CONTINUE READING HERE>>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2023/05/solution-to-date-of-birth-discrepancies.html

Re: Please Help!!! How Can A Wrong Date Of Birth Be Corrected? by engrpaulineyo: 6:31pm On Jul 30, 2023
Correction and rectification of any WAEC , WAEC Gce results, mistake on date of Birth ( DoB ) , Names spelling mistake and Year is still on going .
Plz note : Waec mistake on Results or Certificate can be corrected, rectify and Candidate will be issued another new Certificate.
Call or WhatsApp Dr Paul W A E C 0ficial on - O 9 O 6 5 4 1 O 3 5 7 , for Assistance now.
Re: Please Help!!! How Can A Wrong Date Of Birth Be Corrected? by engrpaulineyo: 4:46am On Aug 17, 2023
LilMissFavvy:
it doesn't work
Re: Please Help!!! How Can A Wrong Date Of Birth Be Corrected? by julianayomi: 10:11am On Aug 19, 2023
shocked shocked
Re: Please Help!!! How Can A Wrong Date Of Birth Be Corrected? by barryatunde: 12:44am On Aug 24, 2023
engrpaulineyo:
it doesn't work
it doesn't work I tried it before
Re: Please Help!!! How Can A Wrong Date Of Birth Be Corrected? by Cyntiaolatu: 5:36am On Aug 28, 2023
barryatunde:
it doesn't work I tried it before
contact drPaul to help you as he helped me and other people in correcting their Waec DOB and names change
Re: Please Help!!! How Can A Wrong Date Of Birth Be Corrected? by lindademola: 3:43am On Aug 30, 2023
sad sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Reason Why Most Arts Students Don't Cross 300 In Jamb / Hallmark Secondary School Ondo Scoops Cowbell Mathematics Competition 2015(PICS) / What UNILAG 14days Strike Has Caused To Me So Far.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.