Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala At Last! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala At Last! (7509 Views)

Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Look-Alike (Picture) / A Picture Of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala At The World Bank Headquarters / An Open Letter To Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala At Last! by Genius100: 4:41pm On Jul 06, 2011
sayso:

My dear madam,there is a war about to brew and they just want somebody to ignite the first dynamite. Be careful of the planners around you,if you sense any danger never be afraid to say no just like you did to OBJ and co.Remember you serve the world of humanity better that Nigeria in your present office,which is the main duty of Man/Woman to God.My humble opinion.They want to use SNL to start and now the opposition want to use you to stop him. B-E-W-A-R-E.

Ngozi never said no to OBJ. She was drafted to teh foreign ministry, took the position and later resigned to focus on her famly. This was when her husband was being blackmailed after naking some crazy babe. She later stated that she regretted quitting her position. Get your sorry straight.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A World Bank’s Managing Director, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, on Friday expressed regrets over her premature exit from the cabinet of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.
Okonjo-Iweala was the country’s Minister of Finance from July 16, 2003 to June 21, 2006 and the Minister of Foreign Affairs from June 21, 2006 to August 3, 2006 when she resigned her appointment.

Her sudden resignation was greeted with reservations by local and international experts.

Although her exit was attributed to a covert power game in The Presidency, the former minister had refused to talk on why she left the Federal Executive Council.

But on Friday, Okonjo-Iweala broke her silence on her exit from office at a private dinner in Abuja, organised by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Chief Ojo Maduekwe, for her; the out-going British High Commissioner to Nigeria, Mr Richard Gozney; and the first female Head of Service, Ms Ebele Okeke.

“She said, “It’s one of my regrets that I left prematurely, but wherever I go, my colleagues in the foreign ministry have been very kind to me.

“Foreign affairs was a delight. It was nice to discover highly-trained and capable colleagues and so willing to do what should be done to bring about change.”

On her experience at the finance ministry, the News Agency of Nigeria quoted her as describing it as not ‘easy.’

She added that there were lots of challenges.

“I always tell people that whatever job I find myself, there are challenges. On the job of the Minister of Finance, I think I will be overstretching it to say there were a lot of challenges,‘‘ she said.

Okonjo-Iweala also expressed appreciation to those who contributed to her success, noting that no one could accomplish anything alone.

“There was a strong team. I was given the opportunity to do what I did by the past President and he deserves all the credit,” she added.

In his remarks, Gozney acknowledged the achievements which Nigeria recorded, during the tenure of Okonjo-Iweala.

Gozney, who said he was inspired by Okonjo-Iweala‘s drive and passion to achieve, singled out debt forgiveness as an outstanding feat.

He said if Nigerians emulated her, the country would be better.

Earlier, Maduekwe described Okonjo-Iweala as simple and amazing, saying the citizens of Abia State were proud of her.

Maduekwe recalled that her appointment raised a lot of dust by some people who believed that as an indigene of Delta and married to an Abia man, she was not qualified to take up the Abia slot.

“If the occasion replays itself again, we the Abians would not hesitate to repeat this gesture all over again,‘‘ he added.

The minister also debunked the notion that the appointment of Okeke was based on the gender disposition of the PDP.

“I can tell you as a former PDP National Secretary, gender had nothing to do with this particular appointment.

“This is one political appointment that met all the conditions of putting it right,” he said.

According to Maduekwe, this was the first time an Igbo would be heading the Federal Public Service, the bureaucratic engine of any government.

“Ebele‘s appointment symbolises the defining moment of a new Nigeria of inclusiveness where a sense of belonging can go with merit. A new Nigeria where we can say, we are beginning to get it right,” he said.

Maduekwe, who was full of commendation for Gozney, described him as ‘a model diplomat’.

Some of the dignitaries at the event were the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Alhaji Babagana Kingibe; ECOWAS President, Dr. Muhamed Ibn Chambas; and the Minister of Petroleum, Odein Ajumogobia.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agency Reporter
The Punch
Monday, November 12, 2007
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala At Last! by lagcity(m): 5:18am On Jul 07, 2011
alj_harem:

grin grin grin grin

the truth is like a Kola nut, it is very bitter to chew but once u chew it then it starts sinking in

alj harem does not really care whether u take him serious or not, neither does he care about your opionin but the sooner u get to the idea that GEJ represent the igbo nation the better cool

enough said
wise words, alj harem. this is how Nigeria sees it. honestly, 2015 is for GEJ or Northerner. it is a waste of time for SE or SW to gun for the position. if the North takes presidency in 2015, then the SW, SE, and SS will gun for VP. a SS Igbo may get VP because only this combo can beat SW.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fashola Visits Family Of Late Guardian Publisher: Consoler in chief. Pics / The Filthy World Of Nigeria's Drug Lords / FOI: Despite Court Of Appeal Ruling, Lagos Refuses To Open Its Books

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.