Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,707 members, 7,831,213 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals (39800 Views)

DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials / Maina: EFCC & Prison Officials Clash Over Who Should Detain Ex Pension Boss / Army Begins Golden Dawn In Abia Says No Hiding Place For Criminals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by chatinent: 8:58am On Apr 09, 2022
Falana doesn't talk anyhow.
Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by Advancedman(m): 8:58am On Apr 09, 2022
richiemcgold:
this indeed is a serious indictment.
I hope mr falana has enough evidence to support this allegation.

You read well?
Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 09, 2022
I knew these will be happening....THIS IS NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by kaludestiny10(m): 8:58am On Apr 09, 2022
He was in kuje, but not in the prison. He was housed in one room in the staff quarters.
Fahdiga:
It is not a new thing. We all know Orji Uzo Kalu did not near Kuje prison gate talkless of entering there.

1 Like

Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by composure: 8:59am On Apr 09, 2022
Fahdiga:
It is not a new thing. We all know Orji Uzo Kalu did not near Kuje prison gate talkless of entering there.
Young people in Nigeria are the real mumulahari.
Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by Sleekfingers: 9:00am On Apr 09, 2022
Yooruba1914:
Really?
When you have a faliure as a president who is an ethnic bigot,what do you expect? THE NORTH IS THE BANE OF NIGERIAS PROGRESS
Balkanize this country now.

So na now these things start abi?
Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by Tinubuadvocate: 9:00am On Apr 09, 2022
Elder statesman is talking.
Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by nnamdi640: 9:01am On Apr 09, 2022
Winningbot:
How will a sane person willingly choose to give up his freedom for Christ sake. naija prison for that matter, how much they wan pay me?
My brother just pray that you don't experience abject poverty.

3 Likes

Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by Sleekfingers: 9:01am On Apr 09, 2022
Winningbot:
How will a sane person willingly choose to give up his freedom for Christ sake. naija prison for that matter, how much they wan pay me?

Lazy youths are willing to do that......
Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by juman(m): 9:02am On Apr 09, 2022
In nigeria and some of neighboring countries, its possible to pay off your jail term with prison handlers.
Its happening.

If you are normal prisoner and you arrange about ten thousand dollars to the prison boss, you are let go.

1 Like

Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by Satazaa: 9:03am On Apr 09, 2022
I seriously predict that in no distance future criminal gangs will not only be ruling Nigeria in thier different spheres of influence but will be more powerful than our various organs of government, as it is in some South America countries today, a terrorist would be able to casually walk to a school and point out three of our beautiful daughters and whisk them to thier leaders enclaves where they will be made to service thier leaders sexual fantasies, companies will maybe be paying taxes to them in bigger amount than they pay to government to provide social services, and in all this chaos we are preparing for another election to elect leaders that are completely clueless on the impending collapse of the Nigeria roof which I currently leaking in a thousand places undecided

3 Likes

Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by Sleekfingers: 9:06am On Apr 09, 2022
Paulianfa:
Falana is quite correct, CCTV cameras shud be mount everywhere in Lagos,..
Nigeria is a failed state, nothing shud be done again. Let there be corruption!

If they mount CCTV everywhere. No be the same nigerians will be monitoring it? An average nigerian is extremely corrupt......

What happened to the lekki toll gate camera?

1 Like

Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by Advancedman(m): 9:06am On Apr 09, 2022
subsidywise18:
All boils down to one problem and one problem alone...we get what we pay for.

Our entire law enforcement is poorly funded and poorly motivated.....and thus more money while not ending corruption would get better prison's, better law enforcement, and so on

Also, we may need to consider legalizing some drugs like marijuana (yes, I know)..and taxing the revenues.

Finally, more investment into preventing people from using drugs in the first place...which means better mental health, more jobs, etc.

Firstly remove poor funding and do your research well, let me put it this way, there is a tea cup on the table when it's shouldn't and you ask the hierarchy why and you are told is lack of fund yet all that is required is for someone to just pick the damn cup up from there.
This is my profound analogy of every issue of underfunding, do you know some problems are even over funding.
Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by adefitim(m): 9:06am On Apr 09, 2022
This uprising will one day bring out the beasts in us

1 Like

Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by stagger: 9:07am On Apr 09, 2022
I know a guy back then who was a convict. He had an arrangement with the prison officials and a hospital where he was checked in sick. The deal was that a prison official was to check on him 4 times a week and he was to be present in the said facility when the arrived. After which he was free to do whatever he wanted in town.

That arrangement lasted for close to 2 years before a new boss was sent to the prisons and he scattered the arrangement. On a visit day, they simply rounded the guy up and bundled him back to prison.

Falana is right.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by frowland(m): 9:07am On Apr 09, 2022
Fahdiga:

”talk-more”, but I get your drift.
Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by anochuko01(m): 9:08am On Apr 09, 2022
richiemcgold:
this indeed is a serious indictment.
I hope mr falana has enough evidence to support this allegation.

You must be a comedian

2 Likes

Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by Abudu2000(m): 9:09am On Apr 09, 2022
One fool was arguing with me that aba kyari is in prison, I just laughed!

2 Likes

Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by Psady(m): 9:10am On Apr 09, 2022
visijo:
Oh Nigeria.

Meanwhile She left her home without money, took a very expensive cab to hookup with online bf for the first time. On transit, network blocked their lines cos of NIN wahala �
Finish the story now

1 Like

Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by Nobody: 9:10am On Apr 09, 2022
Paulianfa:
Falana is quite correct, CCTV cameras shud be mount everywhere in Lagos,..
Nigeria is a failed state, nothing shud be done again. Let there be corruption!
I have for supply

I believe APC must do what other nations do give your citizens cash to boost your economy Bush gave $500 and I no be him pikin it’s just the smart way of getting peoples morale and business booming.

Spending power is vital for circulation what is happening is money isn’t moving round so we are robbing ourselves then borrowing without trying to increase income. Hacker will divert your website collect your business and still be thinking car wey you buy …na for am even in the internet business some no pure why can’t they give you your password? Why must you enter your pin in their system to verify who you are is your picture or signature no longer enough?

The system needs an overhaul
Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by Savagr(m): 9:11am On Apr 09, 2022
PoverTea is a sin and a crime
Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by ransomed: 9:11am On Apr 09, 2022
Good morning Bar. Femi Falana. It seems you just woke up. Welcome to reality of one Nigeria.
Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 09, 2022
CharlotteFlair:
Who is going to put him on trial? Government? They won't dare.

Actually if they do, nothing will happen.
Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by BadEnglish(m): 9:13am On Apr 09, 2022
Abeg make Putin nuke this country sef make everywhere cast
Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by Sleekfingers: 9:15am On Apr 09, 2022
Bayyajidda:

Mention another country

China, mexico, colombia, russia, Afghanistan, Iran , iraq, lebanon, algeria, morocco, Cameroon, DR congo, Cambodia, india, pakistan, Vietnam, Venezuela, Liberia, niger republic, Israel, romania, albania, poland, Ukraine, belarus, Togo, benin republic, cote d'ivoire, the gambia, libya, brazil, uruguay, cuba, bolivia, mali, Chad.

1 Like

Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by bizzibodi(m): 9:16am On Apr 09, 2022
This is Nigeria where any bad thing unimaginable happens....other are pick up the streets by men in black to serve as replacement for rich convicts.
Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by Grandemperor(m): 9:17am On Apr 09, 2022
The Almighty God states that His people suffer due to ignorance. The ignorance pervades Nigeria and the entire universe like a canker worm. People have been buying cases, and substituting people in cases in court, and conclusively replacing convicted persons in prison in flesh or by proxy or declaring that a prisoner is sick and declares the convict dead in prison or in a clinic/hospital. Nairalanders want evidence!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 09, 2022
Advancedman:

Firstly remove poor funding and do your research well, let me put it this way, there is a tea cup on the table when it's shouldn't and you ask the hierarchy why and you are told is lack of fund yet all that is required is for someone to just pick the damn cup up from there.
This is my profound analogy of every issue of underfunding, do you know some problems are even over funding.

Well, new prisions and law enforcement salaries are paid for by......money.

Law enforcement would not consider bribes if they were paid well.....money.

Welfare costs.....money.

You can pretend that money is not the issue, and I agree...people need to do their jobs well....but if I spend several hours being insulted by superiors and criminals, and having to guard criminals, some of whom are dangerous specimens of homo sapiens , and you throw me a pittance that can't take me home at the end of the day, I would end up taking bribes, no questions asked.

Also, we need to prevent drug usage...and that means rehab, mental treatment, etc...which all cost....money.

Nigeria needs to get more money.
Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by Overdue: 9:18am On Apr 09, 2022
Is this a fact
Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by Realmi: 9:20am On Apr 09, 2022
He is very correct

Infact, wat happen sometimes is...the criminals that agree to serve their jail terms, do so for cover up ( they operate from the prison) not that they dont have money to pay who will replace them

Anytime they(the criminals) have a deal in town (their gangs usually come to give them information)....they arrange with the warders who will release them at night to go and do whatever they want to do in town...the warders will help them out and bring them back to prison...

So even if everybody knows that a particular murder is serving a life imprison jail term...and for some reason, he is seen somewhere at night committing another crime in town, nobody will believe he committed the crime because wen u go back to check him in prison, u will find him there and they (warders) will tell u he( the criminal) has never left prison since he got there...

So its their( the warders) word again the witness's ( person who saw the criminal committing the crime) word..

That is why u were some people living large in prison....they will tell u they prefer there to their homes....tell me a person in his right sence will perfer prison to freedom
Re: Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals by michael1508: 9:21am On Apr 09, 2022
Winningbot:
You say who?,if it's the same prison where they do beauty pageant and give award to most beautiful,who wouldn't collect big huge some of money for that,not like the outside world (Nigeria in this term) is any better at the moment.
They made us believe Naija prison yard is a place no one will want to be in but the recent news made us realise it's otherwise.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road / Fani-Kayode Blasts Kerry: "Your Statement To Sultan Is Garbage" / Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Visits Governor Obaseki (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.