Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap (31775 Views)

5 Nigerians Who Have Received Oscars Nomination, Award / Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock / 'Joy' Rejected By Oscars Because Of Too Much English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by richie240: 9:22pm On Apr 08, 2022
Figuratively speaking that is!

God told them they are free to eat of the fruits of all trees except of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
cool
derecho:
Wu tell you say na Apple dem chop?
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by Ofadaman(m): 9:24pm On Apr 08, 2022
Will , A man that can let his wife take a dick from another man, but can't let her take a joke from another man.

The simplest of all simps

3 Likes

Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 08, 2022
descartes400:
If it were a white man that did this to Chris rock, there would have been rioty in Liberal cities in US screaming White supremacy bla bla bla...

We all saw chris having a go at Jeff Bezos using his recent divorce, he did not scream...keep my divorce atta your fvucking mouth!

The audacity to walk 24 nautical miles to the stage to dish out a slap because of a joke? in the glare of the whole world?

I agree with you totally. And of course if Chris Rock is a Caucasian male Will Simp wouldn't have gotten the guts to slap him. This am 100% sure.
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 08, 2022
Padipadi:
really never knew till now

His first wife told him she is no longer in love with him and asked for a divorce. Now the same thing happened with Jada. But he literarily begged her to stay. Well, he will keep fighting until he dies. That's his cross to bear for being an unbearable and egoistic person.
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by michresakidjo(m): 9:25pm On Apr 08, 2022
Simply Smith

Adam left his brain in Garden of eden Will Smith gave his to Jada.
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by derecho(m): 9:28pm On Apr 08, 2022
For a second, I thought i was reading the back of my Bible. Next time use another fruit as example abeg.. Something like soursop or pineapple
richie240:
Figuratively speaking that is!

God told them they are free to eat of the fruits of all trees except of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
cool
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by Joseph08(m): 9:30pm On Apr 08, 2022
What he did 4 love.

The wife will be happy that Will Smith is madly in love with her.

Will Smith...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by richie240: 9:31pm On Apr 08, 2022
derecho:
For a second, I thought i was reading the back of my Bible. Next time use another fruit as example abeg.. Something like soursop or pineapple
Issorite!
grin
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by derecho(m): 9:32pm On Apr 08, 2022
No dey spoil market for apple sellers again
richie240:

Issorite!
grin
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 08, 2022
Lonewolf2010:
They basically just told these studios not to waste their money hiring him(Will) because his performance will not be recognized for 10years. All for nothing since Jada says she doesn’t need protecting.The Oscar just stopped that man career for 10 years

Another angle

2 Likes

Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by Burgerlomo: 9:32pm On Apr 08, 2022
OscarJaden:
A man should always think twice before reacting to some stuffs.....

Jada won't even stand up for him if reversed was the case

The woman wey fit divorce him tomorrow because of the incident grin
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by Martinola(m): 9:34pm On Apr 08, 2022
Too many low IQ guys on NL going about typing SIMP on every goddamn post.
So annoying, and most of them are still being fed by their momma

2 Likes

Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by Exceed15: 9:35pm On Apr 08, 2022
U fought for a woman whose heart you have no place.. mumu
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by richie240: 9:35pm On Apr 08, 2022
derecho:
No dey spoil market for apple sellers again
Even the pineapple wey u recommend sef, the pineapple sellers too go vex.
I think I'll stick to just 'fruit'!
grin
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by aalangel(f): 9:37pm On Apr 08, 2022
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by derecho(m): 9:37pm On Apr 08, 2022
Better.. My apologies to pineapple and soursop mongers
richie240:

Even the pineapple wey u recommend sef, the pineapple sellers too go vex.
I think I'll stick to just 'fruit'!
grin
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by kamtamark(m): 9:40pm On Apr 08, 2022
After all I pity this guy....there are times like this in a man's life. Some won't be able to withstand it , some can go mad temporary. Some will stand strong no matter what.

2 Likes

Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 08, 2022
matrixme:

You're kidding right? End his career Kee? This is not Baba Ijesha were talking about, whereby they will deny him low budget movie roles. This is Will Smith, who himself is a brand. I'm sure all this whole noise will die down once After Earth 2 comes out next year or so.
I pray he rises quickly again. And he should learn his lessons. And only if producer of that movies don't pull out before release. Oyinbo can be crazy you know.

1 Like

Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by donbenie(m): 9:47pm On Apr 08, 2022
othermen:
Congratulations to Will Smith.

He can be nominated anytime.

Only that he cannot attend their event.

And he already quit or resigned from the Academy before they suspended him.

He can attend the after party.

Whatever accolade he may get is to be sent to him.

So next year, he does a movie playing himself in the Oscar slap incident and the aftermath and wins his second Oscar.

Again, Congratulations Smith.

You could have been arrested for assault,

getting either jailed or fined

and either way becoming a convict,

but there you are, with less than a slap on the wrist.

There is no condition attached to your return such as attending a therapy

or getting some counsel before you can return.

And mostly mixed reaction from many as regards your legacy being tainted or smoothened by the event.
Trash!

Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by AfroKnight: 10:02pm On Apr 08, 2022
bukatyne:

grin

Do you want him destroyed totally?

Dude needs to check in for therapy.

I appreciate that Chris Rock knew he was down and did not add to the mess by pressing charges.

That ban is essentially useless. If they want to punish him, they should do it properly or just let it slide.

If he wins best actor next year, but doesn’t attend, what’s the difference? He’s still the winner of that award. Perhaps that’s the highest form of discipline they can give him according to their bylaws. I don’t know.

I think the “ban” is just meaningless if he still gets to be nominated and can actually win.

1 Like

Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by MARYIAN(f): 10:06pm On Apr 08, 2022
Violence has never been an option. sad
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by Sabadon(m): 10:07pm On Apr 08, 2022
Not wishing him bad, but i think i should put it here for reference purpose, from all evaluation, will might commit suicide. undecided

Jada wasnt worth it
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by AfroKnight: 10:07pm On Apr 08, 2022
nenyewrites:

They shouldn't nominate him? Be calming down small.

That’s correct. He shouldn’t be nominated. His work should be ignored for a number of years.

People do not want to see the fact that he actually committed a crime on TV. A crime for which he could be arrested. His only saving grace was the victim who refused to press charges.

I wonder if the reaction would be the same if the host Will assaulted was a woman or a gay man.

Women hound men for reacting violently to their wives/girlfriends just because of insults but somehow this violence is acceptable. Wonderment!

1 Like

Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:20pm On Apr 08, 2022
He will bounce back. This isn't the end, Will, trust me. You did what you hadta do for your wifey. Strong man.

Potatoes can potate.

1 Like

Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by olamoses75(m): 10:20pm On Apr 08, 2022
You mean WILL SIMP? Fantastic! Should’ve been 50yrs though.
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 08, 2022
Will is simply too emotional.

Jada will keep attending Oscar shows, while you'll be watching from the window.

This same Jada moved in with August Alsina, told it to ur pathetic face. Why didn't you slap him? Eh, phucking SIMP?

I suspect Jada is using talisman on this guy.

If I'm Chris Rock, I'll make you regret being a woman wrapper!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by Terrier99: 10:41pm On Apr 08, 2022
nenyewrites:

How was his life messed up by Jada?

May your brother and your sons marry women like Jada
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by peacettw: 11:09pm On Apr 08, 2022
Is that all? Not nearly enough?
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by seyz91(m): 11:15pm On Apr 08, 2022
cheesy
HeadNigga:
Will smith - Tough guy in the movies, SIMPle guy in reality.

You dey fight because of woman...if Chris Rock decides to press charges and you go to jail don't you know Jada will become industry pussy?

Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by CzarChris(m): 11:21pm On Apr 08, 2022
fergie001:
Previous Threads:
https://www.nairaland.com/7050473/smith-slaps-chris-rock-after#111429769

https://www.nairaland.com/7058384/smith-resigns-film-academy-over#111573233

SOURCE
What legal BS? That Oscars awarded to that fuuu should be revoked for crying out loud.

Nonsense and ingredients.
Mtchewww!!!
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by Paulianfa(m): 11:22pm On Apr 08, 2022
If to say na Nigeria, they go dey say na family people de control am.

Like play like play Wills Smith don chop shit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lies Of The Heart On Zee World Full Story Summary / 6 Nigerian Movies To Watch Out For In 2022 / Bbnaija: Khafi Mocks Alex Unusual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.