Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,191 members, 7,835,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap (31774 Views)

5 Nigerians Who Have Received Oscars Nomination, Award / Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock / 'Joy' Rejected By Oscars Because Of Too Much English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by CzarChris(m): 11:24pm On Apr 08, 2022
othermen:
Congratulations to Will Smith.

He can be nominated anytime.

Only that he cannot attend their event.

And he already quit or resigned from the Academy before they suspended him.

He can attend the after party.

Whatever accolade he may get is to be sent to him.

So next year, he does a movie playing himself in the Oscar slap incident and the aftermath and wins his second Oscar.

Again, Congratulations Smith.

You could have been arrested for assault,

getting either jailed or fined

and either way becoming a convict,

but there you are, with less than a slap on the wrist.

There is no condition attached to your return such as attending a therapy

or getting some counsel before you can return.

And mostly mixed reaction from many as regards your legacy being tainted or smoothened by the event.
Dude wake-up, Will Simp's career is over, and Jada made him kill it

1 Like

Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by shegz24(m): 11:27pm On Apr 08, 2022
OscarJaden:
A man should always think twice before reacting to some stuffs.....

Jada won't even stand up for him if reversed was the case

Forget "if reverse was the case", few days after the incident, Jada actually publicly condemned Will Smith.

Like, what manner of wife is that FGS?

1 Like

Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by Ebymyk(m): 11:45pm On Apr 08, 2022
Ololanla:
He acted on impulse. Some women are not worth fighting for.
I swear...
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by RealistRedpiler: 11:53pm On Apr 08, 2022
SilentQueen:
Hmmmm cry Where are does supporting his actions when it happened, come n see what he has brought upon himself.

Violence has never been an option, cos you will not know what might end it!

Will Smith is the SIMP of the century
Once again I hail Chris rock for his maturity!!!

Seems you have oil as a woman.
I can't see Fernandezisback here. She is now silent

2 Likes

Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by SugarGirl44(f): 11:56pm On Apr 08, 2022
How's he able to look this young though
It's amazing.
That's my concern, not the slap.
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by Akramblitz(m): 12:00am On Apr 09, 2022
Ololanla:
He acted on impulse. [b][/b]most women are not worth fighting for.

Exactly!
Imagine the holosho coming out to say that she does not support Smith's action

1 Like

Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by seunayeni(m): 12:05am On Apr 09, 2022
The lady is going to completely ruin him
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by Kelvin2022(m): 12:17am On Apr 09, 2022
The day I over come being a simp that was the day my life changed
EyezofGod120:
grin I will never be a SIMPle man I. Jesus name ,,amen
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by PeachtreeReside(f): 12:25am On Apr 09, 2022
There are consequences to face for our actions....
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by frog12: 12:39am On Apr 09, 2022
na life ban be dis ooo !!!

i suspect they were waiting for him to make mistakes as the most successful black film actor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by Sleekfingers: 12:40am On Apr 09, 2022
RenaissanceGuy:
They were afraid of retrieving the award from him?

Did you read the post at all?
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by omoyankee3(m): 12:57am On Apr 09, 2022
HeadNigga:
Will smith - Tough guy in the movies, SIMPle guy in reality.

You dey fight because of woman...if Chris Rock decides to press charges and you go to jail don't you know Jada will become industry pussy?

She is already industry pūssy

1 Like

Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by Lightorder: 12:59am On Apr 09, 2022
Chai ! They have banned him from going to heaven ! Pascal award . The slapped can never be unslapped
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by Ekaka1(m): 2:04am On Apr 09, 2022
So it was a simple case of sell one slap and get 10 years free grin

Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by StUriah(m): 2:43am On Apr 09, 2022
Same here

My ever cherished Fresh Prince of Bel-Air!

I think his marriage kept him away from friends and this allowed Jada to manipulate him for so long.

He wasn't streetwise, not carefree like 2pac, R. Kelly, Snoop Doggy Dogg, Puff Daddy. These guys never allowed women to manipulate them for the sake of love.

Even if 2pac is alive today, the best he could be to Jada is a Baby Daddy. 2pac will never settle for less because for him with his 'Thug 4 Life' mantra, he hates Bitches even though he never doubt that rareness of good women.

2pac got married in prison and divorced 7 days after leaving the prison. Baby mama thing would have suited him more. This is the kind of life our own Davido and WizKid are playing out. Marriage is not the real thing for an entertainer.

In one of 2pac songs, he said:
'Brenda got a Baby' because Brenda's barely got a brain; Brenda was desperately in love with her molester, who's sexing her crazy. And yet she thinks that he'll be with her forever, and she always dreams of a world with the two of them are together.

From my own perspective, Jada Pickett is like Brenda; so also are many Bitches that have had intercourse with 2pac.

Johel:

I love him regardless

1 Like

Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by StUriah(m): 2:50am On Apr 09, 2022
The man in Black is not a Bad Boy

Let us pray for Will Smith

Yet, 2pac lives in the hearts of his Bitches even after his death because he was a real Bad Boy
Johel:

I love him regardless

1 Like

Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by batb: 3:14am On Apr 09, 2022
Ololanla:
He acted on impulse. Some women are not worth fighting for.
The woman herself said she doesn't need Smith protection, she don add salt to Will's injury!
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by kayperry: 3:31am On Apr 09, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
He will bounce back. This isn't the end, Will, trust me. You did what you hadta do for your wifey. Strong man.

Potatoes can potate.

Asides from what goes on in the other room thats if Augustina allows it, i am curious what as the has so called wifey done for him in this whole will vs the world saga.
Ever wondered why samson with that power could not survive just one olosho buh solomon with just maturity handled thousands of women cos women are ready made downfall to strong men what a woman need is a Mature man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by jclassiq(m): 5:35am On Apr 09, 2022
It's a classic codependency behaviour. He has no mind of his own.. a robot.
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by sisisioge: 6:21am On Apr 09, 2022
Oh my! This is really sad! God help us choose our spouses right o.....no give us person wey go mess our minds and lives o.

2 Likes

Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by Nobody: 6:29am On Apr 09, 2022
HeadNigga:
Will smith - Tough guy in the movies, SIMPle guy in reality.

You dey fight because of woman...if Chris Rock decides to press charges and you go to jail don't you know Jada will become industry pussy?

A whoring woman for that matter

1 Like

Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by Quiny32323: 6:58am On Apr 09, 2022
The event clearly showed that Smith is sick, laugh one time n overreacting the next time. Jada even confirmed that he overreacted.
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by EyezofGod120: 6:59am On Apr 09, 2022
Kelvin2022:
The day I over come being a simp that was the day my life changed
God don deliver you from a huge boundage

1 Like

Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by danity5love: 7:14am On Apr 09, 2022
OscarJaden:
A man should always think twice before reacting to some stuffs.....

Jada won't even stand up for him if reversed was the case
I think Jada has a wicked heart I watch a review of that same moment how she felt when Will slap Chris she was busy
laughing
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by MartinsD12(m): 7:34am On Apr 09, 2022
fergie001:
Previous Threads:
https://www.nairaland.com/7050473/smith-slaps-chris-rock-after#111429769

https://www.nairaland.com/7058384/smith-resigns-film-academy-over#111573233

SOURCE
That is why it's America where things work, you don't slap a fellow star for that matter just for a joke and I don't see anything bad in that joke will messed up even after slapping Chris he was ranting and using vulgar language fuccccckin on that event even got things more bad, And fighting over a woman who doesn't care a cheat that dated 2 pac , even when with marriage she dated other stars one of the guy now wants to start a documentary on his relationship with that will Smith jada and this guy will be making money to discuss and publish his relationship with will smith wife
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by abeniagbon(m): 9:38am On Apr 09, 2022
RenaissanceGuy:
They were afraid of retrieving the award from him?
because he resigned before judgement
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by JonOfAustrlia: 9:38am On Apr 09, 2022
sisisioge:
Oh my! This is really sad! God help us choose our spouses right o.....no give us person wey go mess our minds and lives o.
amen oo!!
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by TheExclusive: 10:03am On Apr 09, 2022
I don't blame the wife in all these. Though she was unhappy with the comment, she did not tell Will to slap Chris.
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by buJu234: 12:31pm On Apr 09, 2022
Chris Rock is really a true African brother..

if not by now Will smith will have been cooling in jail assuming Chris decided to press charges..

respect women but never do the unthinkable because of them, cos they will still run away from u..

unthinkable things like:-

fighting another man cos of her, emptying ur bank account cos her, sending her abroad why u don't even have a passport, buying her a car yet u don't have a bicycle etc..
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by Infoay: 1:09pm On Apr 09, 2022
This is one of the favourite children of uncontrolled Anger
Re: Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap by madjune(m): 2:39pm On Apr 09, 2022
Fake academy.

After the slap, they sat through the event, gave him the award and listened to his pathetic speech.

That showed they were all cowards.

One, they should have paused the event, call Will off from the front row, possibly out of the hall for talks or let him have audience with the police.

And, they still left him with the award?
Funny.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lies Of The Heart On Zee World Full Story Summary / 6 Nigerian Movies To Watch Out For In 2022 / Bbnaija: Khafi Mocks Alex Unusual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.