Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

To Marry Your First Love - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / To Marry Your First Love (10463 Views)

When You Marry Your Landlord's Daughter Just To Avoid Rent(picture) / Don’t Marry Your Boyfriend If He Does These 4 Things / Must Your First Love Be Your True Love ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Marry Your First Love by Busta(f): 12:34am On Aug 21, 2006
for him to be with one gurl for eight years, wat else could it have been?
Re: To Marry Your First Love by theopops: 12:35am On Aug 21, 2006
I am still trying to understand. The question is this, if you don't have anything to compare with, how will you know you have the best? That is the question I am trying to answer.
Re: To Marry Your First Love by Busta(f): 12:39am On Aug 21, 2006
exactly wat i said earlier, He has the best already and it shows and he can feel it and there's nuthin else to compare. I mean, its incomparable.

neva been in love but how else could u have explained being with the same person for eight years? sure wasn't bout the sex. Don't think so
Re: To Marry Your First Love by omonozozo(m): 12:45am On Aug 21, 2006
Don't worry about your friend, I think he is going the right thing.

PS the best just like every other thing is relative.
Re: To Marry Your First Love by desiree(f): 12:50am On Aug 21, 2006
With love you don't need a benchmark for comparison, if it feels right for him then it must be right.

It doesn’t have to be a trial and error thing for some people, some of my mates got it right the first time and have been with their first b/f for years.  He has to be absolutely sure if he’s been with her for 8 years
Re: To Marry Your First Love by theopops: 12:53am On Aug 21, 2006
I really don't think it is about sex. How can he have the best, when he only have one? I thot best is a comparative adjective. He can have the 'good', but not the best, because you have to compare at least three things, before you can know you have the best. Or am I missing something here?

Actually, I ain't worried about him/her or anybody that is going through this out there. Just curious about that.
Re: To Marry Your First Love by kiki(f): 12:56am On Aug 21, 2006
i guess she got all he wants and she is incoparable
Re: To Marry Your First Love by theopops: 1:00am On Aug 21, 2006
Incomparable? How do one know that the other has everything you want, when you have not tried something else. Take the example of liking oranges. You might think you are absolutely in love with oranges and think that is all you want, until you try apples and then you can actually, without any element of doubt be sure you like oranges and that oranges are the best thing to happen to you, but without trying apples you sure do not know.

Maybe I am the only one that don't get this, but this idea of marrying the only, (best) person you have ever dated is kinda scary to me. I'll hate to resent the person I get married to and start wondering, if I should have gone around a little and see what the world has to offer.
Re: To Marry Your First Love by kiki(f): 1:03am On Aug 21, 2006
i don't know y he decided to go with her but i guess there must be somthing in her that makes him stick with her like dat tho i can't do dat
Re: To Marry Your First Love by omonozozo(m): 1:03am On Aug 21, 2006
theopops:

I thot best is a comparative adjective. He can have the 'good', but not the best, because you have to compare at least three things, before you can know you have the best. Or am I missing something here?

Making comparison is like a setup, it is hard to get out of it. That is why most men cheat on their wifes.
Re: To Marry Your First Love by gigitte(f): 1:06am On Aug 21, 2006
actually love is not like that IMO sha!
lol thts like saying how do you know ur having great sex if you've only done it with one person, it feels great to me and it doesnt have to be the greatest sex in the world so there. just the same way your guy is feeling in love and he doesnt need any other kind of confirmation. love is like that

here is my own analogy and it is copyrighted oh
love is like waiting for your period, sometimes you think your period has come, it feels like it has i.e you think u can feel the blood dripping down, you get secretions and cramps like it has, you may even put on a sanitary towel but the blood doesnt come. on the other hand when the blood does comes, you are sure beyond reasonable doubt, without looking that your period has come and time proves you right by showing u the blood on your tampon/pad.

same also with love, sometimes you feel like it is love and you act like it but in the end its not. but when it really comes along you just know that its love and time will prove you right
Re: To Marry Your First Love by theopops: 1:14am On Aug 21, 2006
Hmmm, good analogy gigitte. But still, all these talk about love is kinda interesting. See, love is not always going to be there. It is what you have left, that you hold on to and that is what keeps the r'ship going.

Someone said something about having sex with one person and that's it, whether great or not greatest. That I can understand, if you are a v and you remain one until you are married, so henceforth, you actually don't have a choice, than to stay with your hubby. Actually, to you, it might be the greatest, cos you don't have any experience.

But like I said, marriage is a big deal. It is not just about love, or sex, or beauty. It is a lot. And if it is a forever thing, then by golly, I want to make sure I have the best and not come to doubt myself ten years into the marriage.
Re: To Marry Your First Love by omonozozo(m): 1:27am On Aug 21, 2006
What is your definition of the best? how do you intend to find it. It may require you to have to sleep with a thousand women to achieve that. And that is not even a guaranty. cry
Re: To Marry Your First Love by desiree(f): 1:34am On Aug 21, 2006
First, you have to be able to define what you want(this is very difficult for most guys), and if she fits the criteria in every way, then she is the one for you. It doesn’t haven’t to be a 100% match. What the heck!!! who says love is an easy thing anyway undecided
Re: To Marry Your First Love by theopops: 1:41am On Aug 21, 2006
See, it ain't about sex. I mean, it is marriage. The M word that most men hate.

I am not saying or condemning my friend. All I am saying is this, to know the best you must have to compare. And you don't have to compare with a million women, but at the end of the day, if you have not compared, then you don't know or can't have the best. You have the 'good'.
Re: To Marry Your First Love by Busta(f): 2:05am On Aug 21, 2006
@ theopops
U keep talkin bout the same thing, u seem to be concerned bout the fact that he hasn't had as much women as he can to compare which is better or that he has the best.

the guy already has all he can ask for and wats he comparing? when to him he's got the best! All u can do is wish him the best and maybe u can do the comparison.
Re: To Marry Your First Love by Busta(f): 2:07am On Aug 21, 2006
@ theopops,
when u say compare, what exactly are u comparing or talkin bout?
Re: To Marry Your First Love by Rhea(f): 2:20pm On Aug 21, 2006
Comparison

This is the main reason why marriages fail;
the same reason why we have 45yrs old bachelors;
the same reason why we also have 40 yr old single ladies.

When you go to a market, you compare two or more finished products to find out which is better.

The word to watch out for here is finished and goods.

Finished: The transformation process is complete. You have your already-made stuff, ready for usage. Your wife/husband to be is not yet finished/complete. You are the one to complete (or try to complete) him/her.

Products: Human beings vary in so many innumerable ways and attributes. Hence, the basis for comparison will always be biased and full of assumptions and errors.

So, my take on this, is that one can marry his/her first love. Having been together for 8yrs successfully is almost a good-enough signal to go ahead and tie the cord.

If people are to be compared endlessly before the optimum choice is made, then you will always think there's someone out there:

more beautiful
more handsome
better behaved
sexier
richer etc etc than your partner.

If you do not believe, take a look at the sky on a clear cloudless night. If you stare long enough, you will always see a star twinkling away somewhere out there at every spot you choose.

my 2cents anyway
Re: To Marry Your First Love by dondele(m): 7:52pm On Aug 21, 2006
wonder what kept them together for 8 years if its not real love. you dont need to taste all to know which is better. sometimes u just touch the product and know its the best without having to hop around.
Re: To Marry Your First Love by mantos4u(m): 8:50pm On Aug 21, 2006
i no fit marry her

Period!
Re: To Marry Your First Love by crito(m): 4:35am On Aug 22, 2006
can this be possible, i doubt it? grin
Re: To Marry Your First Love by ejik(m): 10:23am On Aug 22, 2006
i think sometime is great to marry your first love, but the issue is that will not fine love in a long run grin
Re: To Marry Your First Love by dontexe(m): 12:14pm On Aug 22, 2006
To marry your first love? WOW !!!! that would be great. The point is this, first love does not necessarily mean first girl friend. The truth is that most people (not all) do not understand the meaning of love when they started going out with someone; especially if that's their first relationship. Most realise what they felt was not love after they must have broken up. Love is not something u develop in a day, because if u do it won't last. Love is not a one way thing; when u love someone the person must also love u in return. The most important thing is for u to marry someone u truly love.
Re: To Marry Your First Love by gem87(f): 5:05pm On Aug 22, 2006
i'm in love an always will be
he's d 1st guy i've luved dis much and we've been 2geda 3 yrs and i'm 100% sure we're gettin married
d ball is in my court
it's d best thing eva
oh sorry dnt wanna bore y'all wiv ma story but yeah its great
and marrying him can only beat dat
Re: To Marry Your First Love by theopops: 6:27pm On Aug 22, 2006
The question is not about marrying your first love. Seun merge two threads together. The question is, marrying the only person you ever dated and calling the person your best. My argument is this, how would you know you have the best, when you have only dated one person?
Re: To Marry Your First Love by Remmzy(m): 9:09pm On Aug 22, 2006
dontexe:

To marry your first love? WOW !!!! that would be great. The point is this, first love does not necessarily mean first girl friend. The truth is that most people (not all) do not understand the meaning of love when they started going out with someone; especially if that's their first relationship. Most realise what they felt was not love after they must have broken up. Love is not something u develop in a day, because if u do it won't last. Love is not a one way thing; when u love someone the person must also love u in return. The most important thing is for u to marry someone u truly love.
[b]No long story my first girlfriend is dead sad & am hoping on God to find my first LOVE grin.[/b]S.S.S!
Re: To Marry Your First Love by dennylove(m): 9:44pm On Aug 22, 2006
theopops,so you no fit stick to one woman?that mean say you be CASSANOVA N GOLDDIGGER,but remember say AIDS dey oooooooooooooo
Re: To Marry Your First Love by orobsy: 9:47pm On Aug 22, 2006
I'm living the dream. I'm happily married to my first love!!! It has been wonderful! Don't hate me kiss
Re: To Marry Your First Love by dennylove(m): 9:55pm On Aug 22, 2006
inshort,marrying my first date would have been the HAPPIEST N PROUDEST THING!!! THAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED TO ME, BUT SHE DIED,AND SINCE SHE DIED, I HASN'T FOUND ANOTHER LOVER LIKE SHE.I PRAY N HOPE TO FIND ONE, SOME DAY.
Re: To Marry Your First Love by gem87(f): 11:21pm On Aug 22, 2006
Amen
Re: To Marry Your First Love by babe1(f): 6:39am On Aug 24, 2006
I waited so long to marry my first love and it didn't happen. He married someone else, got divorced and now i am married to someone else and to me he is my true first love because i am older and wiser and love him with all my heart!
Re: To Marry Your First Love by trix: 2:45pm On Aug 24, 2006
hi,i'm new here,but just had to get into this thread.i met my first love 11 years ago,today we're happily married and as crazy in love as day1.never been anyone else for either of us.it doesnt happen to everyone but if u're so lucky its d best thing in d world.never had to guess whether anyone was better,he's always been MY best!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Caught My Husband Of 7yrs In A Compromising Position At A Girl's House! / She Didnt Stored My Number, Is There Anyfing Wrong With That? / Would You Stay With Arnold Schwarzenegger? (Re: Secret Child)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.