Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,086 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:34 PM

Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story (44767 Views)

Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story / Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Stable Marriage (a Must Read for young ladies) / My Marriage; A Blessing Or A Curse. Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ukaface(f): 7:57pm On Apr 17, 2022
ExcelDBM:

Head of house that is abused or sometimes deposed of his status? I have no pity for men who allow their wives to control their homes when they're there shouldering expenses. A man will feed, clothe, house, fund a women till eternity without making noise and will still endure abuse but the moment a wife pays a bill then even the creatures in the deepest part of the Pacific Ocean will hear her voice. Be using words like "I deserve to be taken care of" "I deserve to be pampered" "i deserve to be treated like a woman" yet with all her artificial nails and whatever will refuse to do her responsibilities with flimsy excuses, wh0re around and at the end of the day allow the innocent man father a child or children of another man or men. Look at Will Smith for example.
so in the case of will smith, Jada is to be blamed for his stupidity? Jada made it obvious that she didn't love him, still he keeps going on with her, and you are blaming her?
Na you know where you dey meet this kine women o
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ExcelDBM: 7:57pm On Apr 17, 2022
cococandy:
Any day nairaland men are not crying about girls and women, is that even a real day? Did the sun even rise? Always super obsessed. Eesh

Your comment here is insignificant. Runaway from here immediately.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ExcelDBM: 7:59pm On Apr 17, 2022
ukaface:
so in the case of will smith, Jada is to be blamed for his stupidity? Jada made it obvious that she didn't love him, still he keeps going on with her, and you are blaming her?

Oh so you see how you women are funny, is it not your wish that men become stupid like will Smith so you can manipulate him and wh0re around as you wish?
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 17, 2022
Yes it is because its another peoples tradition we are copying our own should end in our traditional marriage too.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by maasoap(m): 8:01pm On Apr 17, 2022
odinson1:

The marriage rate is declining yearly,more men who gain more in marriage (according to you),are opting out for their Peace of mind and freedom.
Now i ask again,what do you gain in marriage that i won't gain being unmarried? By gain i mean something Tangible and Exclusive to only men.

Raise your kids together as parents.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by LocalStandard1(m): 8:03pm On Apr 17, 2022
Murphyenemuwe:
Bro you must be kidding me. Does marrying a virgin means she doesn't have the manipulative trait? Does it mean she won't cheat with someone else? Some things are just to private to share online

Baba listen to me, it has been researched and proven that people who marry as virgins are very less likely to cheat cos they know sex only with their spouse.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by maasoap(m): 8:07pm On Apr 17, 2022
DontBullshitMe:
Enough of the wailing.

You want marriage, marry.

You don't want marriage, don't marry.

Very much correct. They would be condemning marriage but still do it when reality kicks in.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ukaface(f): 8:07pm On Apr 17, 2022
ExcelDBM:

Oh so you see how you women are funny, is it not your wish that men become stupid like will Smith so you can manipulate him and wh0re around as you wish?
your mindset is absurd...smh
Sorry can't continue wit this conversation.
Try not to be one sided, stop acting like you are the victim, like y'all are saints.
How can you say it's the wish of women for men to become stupid, where do you get all these notion from sef? To manipulate and LovePeddler around? You feel that's what women do? So myopic of you, I must say.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by EgunMogaji2: 8:07pm On Apr 17, 2022
Marriage has outlived its usefulness in this modern era.

Make your cash, hire a MaiGuard and Housemaid and you’ll be good.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Cutehector(m): 8:09pm On Apr 17, 2022
BigBashiru:
Marriage where the woman does nothing to bring in money should be banned.
grin
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ExcelDBM: 8:11pm On Apr 17, 2022
ukaface:
your mindset is absurd...smh
Sorry can't continue wit this conversation.
Try not to be one sided, stop acting like you are the victim, like y'all are saints.
How can you say it's the wish of women for men to become stupid, where do you get all these notion from sef? To manipulate and LovePeddler around? You feel that's what women do? So myopic of you, I must say.

It's factual. When a man is obsessed with a woman and does things for her at his own detriment, she is hailed by her peers for being smart. They'll say she is lucky. Now isn't that tantamount to wishing such naivety and dimwittedness on the other gender?

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Sureplug123(m): 8:14pm On Apr 17, 2022
ukaface:
every woman is a time bomb. The reason why most women are still in marriage is because we practice patriarchy in Nigeria. They can't face life alone.

3 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 17, 2022
ibechris:

U cant buy property in your baby mama's name now...but I have purchased property on two occasions with my wife's name without any need to regret it. But u dare not with your baby mama or girl friend
I have kept all my life savings in my wife's personal accounts which many of u dare not do with your baby mama's out there.

On the day of my wedding I got a jeep from my brother but u can't get it from impregnating a baby mama.

Guy,I still maintain my stand,that marriage is good. I and my wife have made 6.6million naira in three months just for working together as partners in our side hustle. But u can never achieve that with your baby mama's.

.are all the above automatically applicable to married couples ?

You are just one in a million ... majority wins the vote...

Is it all married couples that gets jeep on their wedding day ?

Is it all married couples that can save money together without regret ?

Is it all married couples that can save money in their wife's account without regret ?

Is it all married couples that can buy properties in the name of the wife without regret ?

The OP spoke what is happening in many marriages
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by kowalsky: 8:17pm On Apr 17, 2022
Aystarz:

You're darn right about Cococandy. Been watching her since I signed up in 2009, and I dare say, even though she's married, that lady is a man-hater.

I call it the trophy wife syndrome

2 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 17, 2022
Nyascobar1414:

Brace up man!
Anything that does not make you happy, anything that your Instinct goes against dont do it...
Sure bro.. can u help delete that my mention when u can? Thanks
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by DaddyGngeess(m): 8:25pm On Apr 17, 2022
tonididdy:

Oga relax.
We all know it's not all Rossy. That's how the OP was deceived into it and when he turned to same people for advice, they say that's her all women are.

Many married people will smile and tell you the sweet part of marriage so that you can get into it and suffer what they do.

Marriage is NOT for everybody, don't try to sweet talk it

I never said marriage is for everyone or I am saying the sweet part of it, there is one thing most of us men don't understand, we are always talking about ourself do we sometimes consider this women that left their families and leave with us, do you think is easy for them too? I still repeat what I said earlier if you find a good hard working woman you will understand, I am telling you this from experience after been involved with three different women b4 this my current wife.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Kingjames(m): 8:25pm On Apr 17, 2022
Thankgod one of those genders agreed with the @op

We shall get there
ukaface:
I can't relate with your write up though.
My mum did help my dad with bills, they were both working and both made use of their finances to hold up the family.
Now I don't see why a man would marry a woman to just sit at home and do nothing while he pays all the bills. It boils down to the kinda woman he is getting married to, I can't be in a marriage and allow my husband pay all of the bills even though I'm earning my pay, it's absurd. Whoever introduced y'all to that mindset did y'all an evil thing.

Men complain bitterly nowadays because y'all don't discuss this marriage thing before getting married. Why will you get married to a lady who finds it difficult to help you financially during courtship and then all of a sudden you want her to miraculously help out in marriage. Hiaaaaa.
Y'all men and women should do well to talk marriage matters, parenting matters, get to know your spouse( even though you can't possibly know all about them, but you can still try) not everytime ' when are you coming to my house?' and then all of a sudden, you get down on one kneel to propose marriage.

I laugh Una, Una go complain tire
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by tonididdy(m): 8:29pm On Apr 17, 2022
DaddyGngeess:

I never said marriage is for everyone or I am saying the sweet part of it, there is one thing most of us men don't understand, we are always talking about ourself do we sometimes consider this women that left their families and leave with us, do you think is easy for them too? I still repeat what I said earlier if you find a good hard working woman you will understand, I am telling you this from experience after been involved with three different women b4 this my current wife.

I'm not an anti-marriage person but I'll never sweet talk anyone into it because I KNOW IT'S NOT ALL ROSY.
MOSTIMES IT'S 70% thorns AND 30% rosy
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by DaddyGngeess(m): 8:35pm On Apr 17, 2022
tonididdy:

I'm not an anti-marriage person but I'll never sweet talk anyone into it because I KNOW IT'S NOT ALL ROSY.
MOSTIMES IT'S 70% thorns AND 30% rosy

Even me will never sweet talk anyone into it, everyone should do what makes them happy, simple
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by tonididdy(m): 8:38pm On Apr 17, 2022
DaddyGngeess:

Even me will never sweet talk anyone into it, everyone should do what makes them happy, simple
Comrade, now you sound better!
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by litaninja(m): 8:38pm On Apr 17, 2022
lmao. crap.
ibechris:

I have benefited immensely from Marriage like it or not.

Marriage benefits far outweighs its disadvantage. When it comes to investments,my wife is my partner and my advisor and in fact,someone I rely on to offer her cherished ideas.

I have never been depressed as a married man but many of u singles are already depressed with baby mama's.

Financially,married people like me reach their financial goals faster than singles out there...who are looking for a baby mama to impregnate.

Married people have shown commitment to appointments and responsibilities than singles.

Marriage is a driving force that helps u to take ethical responsibility and that is why u will see more unserious singles caught as yahoo plus men.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ibechris(m): 8:39pm On Apr 17, 2022
DryMouth:

@bolded.

You are either a woman or a frustrated liar. How dare you say a married man is likely to mert his financial goal faster than a single man.

You shuld better shut up if you've got nothing to say
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by DrFunmisticGlow: 8:40pm On Apr 17, 2022
sgtponzihater1:
There are not so good people. Like the girl that visited me once chilling and doing nothing. I noted how cruel she was with the waitress. I noticed how harshly she spoke to the taxi driver, for an issue that could be resolved without exchange of words. I knew this was fire, and gladly withdraw myself from that relationship. Looking back I am grateful to that lady for being true to herself, and showing me who she was.

The one that hurts the most is the one that acts like a Saint before you dive in. Seems kind to everyone. Calls you as early at 8am in the morning. Says she wishes she was there to cook your meals and keep your house tidy. Then when she comes in, does the direct opposite. That thing can pain!, but God keeps us all happy

PonziHater
So sorry to hear you are going through this my friend.

I think maybe you are being emotionally,and financially abused.

The question now is, what do you want?

Could you see a counselor/ therapist who specializes in dealing with covert narcissists.

Happy Easter my friend.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ibechris(m): 8:45pm On Apr 17, 2022
DryMouth:

@bolded.

You are either a woman or a frustrated liar. How dare you say a married man is likely to mert his financial goal faster than a single man.

You shuld better shut up if you've got nothing to say

U are not happy shey...well,I don't care how u perceive it but I can only say u lack sense.
My comment may not suit u nor go in your way,pls say your own and stop countering me.
People like u are obviously marriage haters and non achievers and a true example of typical failure in life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ibechris(m): 8:46pm On Apr 17, 2022
BuddhaPalm:

If she divorces you, you'll quickly understand why these are not benefits.

Just like u have been divorcing women.

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Ishilove: 8:50pm On Apr 17, 2022
omotola90:
I reject it for her in Jesus name... different folks on nairaland ABI kinni wi?
Don't mind the demon. Misery loves company.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by BRATISLAVA: 8:51pm On Apr 17, 2022
ibechris:

U cant buy property in your baby mama's name now...but I have purchased property on two occasions with my wife's name without any need to regret it. But u dare not with your baby mama or girl friend
I have kept all my life savings in my wife's personal accounts which many of u dare not do with your baby mama's out there.

On the day of my wedding I got a jeep from my brother but u can't get it from impregnating a baby mama.

Guy,I still maintain my stand,that marriage is good. I and my wife have made 6.6million naira in three months just for working together as partners in our side hustle. But u can never achieve that with your baby mama's.

You're trying to explain something to single boys from scattered homes, poisoned by the red pill. Beyond their indoctrination they have no idea about life. They have been told they have nothing to benefit from marriage, and they have swallowed it hook line and sinker.

Can't you see they've already determined to fail at relationships and marriage with their selfish reasoning? How can they enter marriage looking for exclusive benefits, why not marry themselves then? How can people be so myopic? Who on Earth that wants to be married goes into marriage with such a mindset? No wonder marriages are crashing. These boys crash them, then say they are crashing without dealing with their attitudes in marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by lexy2014: 8:55pm On Apr 17, 2022
Ericnrm:

40-45% of marriages nowadays end in divorce with women initiating divorces 80-85% of the time. These are stats that can be gotten by The Family Institute and the census bureau.

It seems you didn't understand the question I asked. The gentleman I asked claimed that "the marriage rate is declining yearly". You are talking about divorce rates which is different from marriage rate. I didn't ask about divorce rate
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by LoudlyMouthed: 8:57pm On Apr 17, 2022
LordIsaac:

It will shock you that I went through all this and more with a live-in girlfriend, till I wept to God one day, and He personally delivered me. I'm married now.
God saw your pains. You got a good wife bro.
You must hv taken care to really know her wella before getting married.

He who finds a good wife, has found a good thing. They'd surely 100% progress, succeed, enjoy everything that happens to them - child(ren), money, fame..

LordIsaac:

I was challenged severally by the term, " you are not romantic"

if she loves you, you'd live longer, happier and better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Sureplug123(m): 8:58pm On Apr 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Yet every week in Nigeria, 1000s of couples, among them some from right here on nairaland, tie in knot? undecided
3 months after, they all loose their knot
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Nyascobar1414: 9:02pm On Apr 17, 2022
omotola90:
I reject it for her in Jesus name... different folks on nairaland ABI kinni wi?

Be realistic man...
This is reality
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by LoudlyMouthed: 9:04pm On Apr 17, 2022
No mind d guy
He's very fortunate. Likely the girl loves him more. Cos if otherwise ehn, he won't be here saying all these, evn with the Jeep.. he for dey here reading comments
AntiTerrorists:
.are all the above automatically applicable to married couples ?

You are just one in a million ... majority wins the vote...

Is it all married couples that gets jeep on their wedding day ?

Is it all married couples that can save money together without regret ?

Is it all married couples that can save money in their wife's account without regret ?

Is it all married couples that can buy properties in the name of the wife without regret ?

The OP spoke what is happening in many marriages

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Best Solid (Nigerian) Meals For 6 Month Old Babies. / Male Child In The Family. How Important Is This? / My Husband Dislikes Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.