Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story (44325 Views)

Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story / Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Stable Marriage (a Must Read for young ladies) / My Marriage; A Blessing Or A Curse. Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Regex: 12:44pm On Apr 10, 2022
odinson1:

When we warn you stubborn men not to ever get married,you won't listen.
I believe she's behaving like that because she's in Europe. She has all the power there and can destroy your life in mere seconds if she wills it so.
If you divorce her,the house and car will go over to her,yes?

House you deh pay mortgage for abi car on finance? She takes it, she pays for it.

5 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by babajeje123(m): 12:48pm On Apr 10, 2022
sgtponzihater1:
When they came:

So they lied to us that she was pregnant, so we needed to bear with her. As soon as she drops the baby, everything would return to normal. This was soothing, but was one of their many lies.

So the child came. Unfortunately, they had to stay back in the hospital. Still I was excited. There is nothing really nearly as beautiful as having a child to your name. The one that takes your eyes, and if the child mimics your smile, then it is much more worth it. Life is beautiful with the sound of your own child. It's hard work to take care of them, but having them makes you know what sacrifice and true love is.

That's a big skew off my point. The child came, but she became move bad, to very bad. The first 6months was bad. She was engrossed with the baby, and I was the errand boy. She would seat with the baby in her hand nearly 24hours a day and dish out instructions. I made the noodle she ate, the stew we had, prepared the baby bath, then went on to work long hard nights, while instructions were left on my WhatsApp. She would not keep the baby on a cot or the swing bed I bought. Maybe to avoid doing any chore.

It seemed like a noble task in the beginning, but as things progressed, did I found I was only been taken for a fool, because when someone asked, and I was present, hope your husband supports you, the answered "which kind support?". She then ended the call with a smile and claimed it was a joke.

I asked if marriage is a scam because I might have gotten it all wrong maybe its the wrong person I got married to afterall. I console myself because I still see some kind ladies out there. Could they be pretending I don't know. But she was probably not trained. She had issues with all the people that ever did her hair. London was terrible, we moved up North and she criticised the city. Everything except hers was bad, yet she fought tooth and nail to get her family in.

It was month later I knew that all my effort was similar to pouring water on a basket. I was not saving, I was wasting. She had a chat with my dad, after he got wind of her ways, and she played the emotional distress card. She said I have never been of support to her even when she had a child, she struggled alone by herself. At that moment, I saw in clear view how used, battered and abuse I have been. It was nearly the end. How long could a man keep up with this?

Prior to that, I had held on tightly, and tried to keep things together. It's a long, sad tale, but I am better off writing it, than muddling things up
Bro, you could have employed a househelp, not necessarily a live-in one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:04pm On Apr 10, 2022
She lived life on her own terms in her "husbands" house. Got up from bed when she wanted. Cooked stew only on Sundays, and would not cook any other day. She also made it known that she cannot go to the market, if she does, then she will be too tired to cook. So I got the list and bought the food stuff. She had an income, but if she stayed indoors and wrote me a list, how then will she touch hers?

I did the house cleaning, threw the trash out, she only needed to remind me that the bin was full. When I expected visitors, she only needed to remind me that the house was "scatered", and I needed to arrange it. That was her going through a lot of stress.

I suggested using goat meat to cook stew, and she screamed, "they don't do that", the day I got cow leg and ask her to do stew, she blatantly refused, "that is not the use of cow leg". I suggested she was not washing the fish well, and taking away the inner content, and I swallowed back my word after being washed down with words. It's a harsh world for men out there. Nobody says it but I will. Many men go through solitary confinement, and worse off is when they acquire this prison with their own money.

I carried on. There were nights I slept alone praying for grace. During the good times, living all alone by myself, I almost forgot a God exists. But through difficulties, hardship, torture and distress, I saw a God who gives strength to the weary and grace to the humble.

I took my daughter to nursery first thing in the morning and picked her off in the evening while returning from work. Maybe once or twice she helped me pick her up, but this was not up to four times in total. When I then get home she would call me to come and get her from work. She could walk to the bus stop, but she still asked me. I had no issues it was less than 10mins drive, so I did that. There were days I was exhausted, so asked her to get the bus instead. It was all frown, all hell when this was the case. Nurseries were calculated per hour and I payed every single hour with no outside help. She blatantly said its my responsibility.

Humans have a heart. Some are strong others are not, so the weight may tilt on the "stronger", or the other may claim weak to avoid a fair share. Its the dynamic that always play out. What is sad is when you do all these and they go back and lie that you do nothing. That they are going through torture and stress, that they are in hell. The same person that lived on her own terms, cooked when she wanted, woke up anytime and never sweeped the house for a full year. But they lied against us, and painted a picture of hell. There was no thank you for all you do, when we said anything they said it was our responsibility, and we should live up to it.

How we survived, there was no telling. It must only have been God.

Cntd

SgtPonziHater

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by optm(m): 1:24pm On Apr 10, 2022
Forgive me for asking, i am just being curious and would like to know what values you saw in her that made you decide to choose her for a wife?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Brownshoe: 1:25pm On Apr 10, 2022
In op case i think they are introduced to each other, they didn't really court.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Raalsalghul: 1:51pm On Apr 10, 2022
Critical reasoning and writing involves reflective writing. The writer rationalises the event, how he deems fit and what he finds relevant. Those who find any measure of benefit run with it, and those who don't can ignore it and move along.

Not trying to denigrate your experiences or travails. Like I said before, I'm just trying to put things in perspective and if you deem it not worthy to share that aspect of your story, then it's absolutely fine.

It's a beautiful world when everyone can share their own story. Men go through a lot already. A lady writes a line and people tag the man involved a useless man, a narcissistic man etc. A man write 100 lines and questions around order, how did you find her etc crops up. The saddest part is men join in the onslaught.

Stop this generalisation. Your misgivings about marriage are not harder than mine. I only made a simple request which you've decided not to share and that's absolutely fine by me. I'm not trying to bring you down, thrash talk or anything of that nature.

2 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:59pm On Apr 10, 2022
Raalsalghul:

Not trying to denigrate your experiences or travails. Like I said before, I'm just trying to put things in perspective and if you deem it not worthy to share that aspect of your story, then it's absolutely fine.

Stop this generalisation. Your misgivings about marriage are not harder than mine. I only made a simple request which you've decided not to share and that's absolutely fine by me. I'm not trying to bring you down, thrash talk or anything of that nature.

Right! I know you are not. Thanks

Believe me when and if people we know push me to tell my part of the story. I don't and won't. Redemption is all I seek. The judgment and justice belongs to God

2 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by kepstone: 2:01pm On Apr 10, 2022
Hmmm... Omoh I can relate with what this OP has written or said. I have been there ooo. Men are becoming endangered species in marriage. I had to end relationship with my narcissistic girlfriend, manipulator, selfish person, it's always about her. Truly men are suffering society say we should be men at the detriment of our own been. My friend just ended his relationship with his girlfriend because of some nonsense attitude from the girl untop his own money oooo.
Many ladies are not wives. Many are not marriageable to be sincere, many don't Know what the basic needs of a man.
It takes to to tango. Any relationship that works is a relationship that is worked upon. One partner can not keep a relationship, there must be balance at most equilibrium to ensure the relationship sails smoothly. In the absence of this balance things are bound to come to a halt.
My eyes have seen shege from ladies that now I even dare to go close to them.. but I still want to marry.
I have been praying to God the right woman God please. My father married right even in death and in sickness my mom still loved him till his last days on Earth. My father was broke to nothing she stood by him and they both worked out a road map to bounce back.
When he did he willed everything to her ooo, na she come will everything to us.
Many folks going into marriage and desiring marriage don't know what marriage is and what it's true meaning is.
I tell guyz marry a woman who loves you more than you love her, never show a woman you over love her, she go mess u up. Show her love when you have guaged her commitment to is Rock solid.
Op you married another man's wife... It will take God. If this persist please end the so-called union and get your life. Your wife does not love you.
From what I am seeing I can see that she has no respect and love for you.
I know women are not perfect but common a woman who loves you, respects you, supports you, is empathetic and will not manipulate you.
Op Biko if na me I go transfer all my cash to crypto and leave small thing inside plan things and divorce her. Period

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:06pm On Apr 10, 2022
kepstone:
Hmmm... Omoh I can relate with what this OP has written or said. I have been there ooo. Men are becoming endangered species in marriage. I had to end relationship with my narcissistic girlfriend, manipulator, selfish person, it's always about her. Truly men are suffering society say we should be men at the detriment of our own been. My friend just ended his relationship with his girlfriend because of some nonsense attitude from the girl untop his own money oooo.
Many ladies are not wives. Many are not marriageable to be sincere, many don't Know what the basic needs of a man.
It takes to to tango. Any relationship that works is a relationship that is worked upon. One partner can not keep a relationship, there must be balance at most equilibrium to ensure the relationship sails smoothly. In the absence of this balance things are bound to come to a halt.
My eyes have seen shege from ladies that now I even dare to go close to them.. but I still want to marry.
I have been praying to God the right woman God please. My father married right even in death and in sickness my mom still loved him till his last days on Earth. My father was broke to nothing she stood by him and they both worked out a road map to bounce back.
When he did he willed everything to her ooo, na she come will everything to us.
Many folks going into marriage and desiring marriage don't know what marriage is and what it's true meaning is.
I tell guyz marry a woman who loves you more than you love her, never show a woman you over love her, she go mess u up. Show her love when you have guaged her commitment to is Rock solid.
Op you married another man's wife... It will take God. If this persist please end the so-called union and get your life. Your wife does not love you.
From what I am seeing I can see that she has no respect and love for you.
I know women are not perfect but common a woman who loves you, respects you, supports you, is empathetic and will not manipulate you.
Op Biko if na me I go transfer all my cash to crypto and leave small thing inside plan things and divorce her. Period

Apt. Narcissistic is possibly the best word to describe this.
She claimed she wakes up at 1 to 2pm because nurses shift is long and hard, so it take 2 days to recover.

When I return from work, she asks her mum to send the child to stay with me. Obviously I do nothing at work, and come back refreshed. While she and her mum fold their arms watching Niaja movie in a house I pay for.

Thanks for your advise.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Lucrativress(f): 2:21pm On Apr 10, 2022
sgtponzihater1:

Apt. Narcissistic is possibly the best word to describe this.
She claimed she wakes up at 1 to 2pm because nurses shift is long and hard, so it take 2 days to recover.

When I return from work, she asks her mum to send the child to stay with me. Obviously I do nothing at work, and come back refreshed. While she and her mum fold their arms watching Niaja movie in a house I pay for.

Thanks for your advise.
If this is your personal story
I hope you know you're only doing yourself..
And this one life you came to can't be repeated?
Even before you swim into nothingness (death) don't plunge yourself into it just yet cause that's what you're doing.
You're not being useful to yourself or anyone by being grossly exploited,neither are you being happy living this way
So I ask, what's your purpose for living?
If you're not in Nigeria, better start gathering evidences, cause you were not smart enough to choose rightly.
Marriage isn't the problem,your choice and the woman you married are the problem.
A CCTV camera will be useful.
Your option is either to keep being a toothless Dog or start acting as a Wild Cat.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:25pm On Apr 10, 2022
Lucrativress:

If this is your personal story
I hope you know you're only doing yourself..
And this one life you came to can't be repeated?
Even before you swim into nothingness (death) don't plunge yourself into it just yet cause that's what you're doing.
You're not being useful to yourself or anyone by being grossly exploited,neither are you being happy living this way
So I ask, what's your purpose for living?
If you're not in Nigeria, better start gathering evidences, cause you were not smart enough to choose rightly.
Marriage isn't the problem,your choice and the woman you married are the problem.
A CCTV camera will be useful.
Your option is either to keep being a toothless Dog or start acting as a Wild Cat.

Thanks for your advise. All will be well
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 10, 2022
sgtponzihater1:
The seemingly trivial:

We have a meal, she is done and I am done also, she takes her plate to the kitchen and leaves me to take mine. If its the other way round, I carry hers.

I left the instruction to clean up after yourself. If you use a plate or a pot wash it immediately, since the tap runs. She found that too cumbersome. She eats and dumps the plate in the sink, piling it up. I have gone on to wash my own plates, and this caused all the chaos in the world. "Why will you leave the other plates and wash only yours?"

She wakes up any time she wants. On a good day it will be 11am on an average day maybe 12noon. Its not that she cannot wake early, because she wakes up very early to meet up with work while she worked, but on her off days, she then wakes up as late as she can. This automatically mean I need to source my own breakfast, and keep the house clean. She wakes up and dished out other instructions.

She greats me if she wants and ignores me if she doesn't. When she greets, I can hardly hear what she says. I assume she is tired, only for her to make long boisterous calls, all chatty and laughing.

She is too big to speak to. For example if I hear my little one cry loudly, maybe from a fall, I ask what happened? The response I get is a frowning face, like who are you to ask me a question in that tone?

Why haven't you divorced her? What exactly are you holding on to in that marriage? You're obviously a battered husband. Why don't you leave the marriage?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by thiagoteres(m): 2:39pm On Apr 10, 2022
@op It's clear you are being emotionally and financially abused at least.Do not allow yourself to be used and frustrated to the point when you would be termed the abusive one.
Try to work things out if she is willing. If not plan your exit tactfully and carefully. Some humans are naturally unrealistic and ungrateful. Protect your resources and speak with relevant charities about the abuse you are facing.

5 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by faithfull18(f): 2:50pm On Apr 10, 2022
Hmmn
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Princeton92(m): 3:19pm On Apr 10, 2022
Cc: Lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun

Push am go front page even if you no answer me
Lol
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Klass99(f): 6:19pm On Apr 10, 2022
cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by TheComicGuy(m): 6:25pm On Apr 10, 2022
While reading all you have been through,I couldn't help but to shed tears,for a ones happy and independent man has used his own hand to bring misery and truma into his life.

am really going to have to really think about this,the success rate of modern marriage have been on The decline,a woman can get married today and forget half of her problem cause it's all going to be taking cared of by the man it is automatically his problems now.the only thing I see as a Benefit for a man is to have children raised by both mother and father in a loving union,and you can only get that when you are married.

but if I may ask what does a man stand to gain from the union called marriage in this 21st century.

And I am not condeming Marriage, cause the union of a man and woman is as old as humanity itself,but what we see today in the name of marriage Is very wrong.

Marriage is supposed to be a lifetime partnership of love, trust and respect

But, why are you still married to this said women

I advised you make a lot of recordings and videos of her being a terrible mother, gather receipt to show that you that care of the child by your self, convert all your money to crypto like someone advised earlier,get a great devorce lawyer and head to Court,with enough evidence you can get the custody of your child.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by TheComicGuy(m): 6:28pm On Apr 10, 2022
But if it was a woman that wrote all this,you would waste no time to advise her to divorce undecided
Klass99:

If you see as I bust laff ehn! Igbo men are not that tolerant or perhaps the location determines their level tolerance.

Knowing you are in ogbodo-oyinbo, where you stand to lose a lot in the event of a divorce, will compel you to adjust your attitude and swallow a truck load of BS, left, right and center.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Klass99(f): 6:38pm On Apr 10, 2022
cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by FunnyDude(m): 6:38pm On Apr 10, 2022
ibechris:

I have benefited immensely from Marriage like it or not.

Marriage benefits far outweighs its disadvantage. When it comes to investments,my wife is my partner and my advisor and in fact,someone I rely on to offer her cherished ideas.

I have never been depressed as a married man but many of u singles are already depressed with baby mama's.

Financially,married people like me reach their financial goals faster than singles out there...who are looking for a baby mama to impregnate.

Married people have shown commitment to appointments and responsibilities than singles.

Marriage is a driving force that helps u to take ethical responsibility and that is why u will see more unserious singles caught as yahoo plus men.

Bro you have time responding to all these depressed bittered single men here. As for me, I don't own anyone explanation. I'm married and enjoying my life.

Most men here are opposite of what they preach real life.

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by DAramis: 6:55pm On Apr 10, 2022
Raalsalghul:

You've not said anything about how you met your wife, her background, what vetting processes did you use, whether you carried out any investigations and what ultimately convinced you to go into a union with her. undecided

There is a huge gap in your story.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by DAramis: 7:15pm On Apr 10, 2022
OP

I empathise with you, and all that you are passing through. If writing on this thread is a way to heal yourself, please do go ahead.

If the load seems too heavy, you could see a therapist or worst case scenario, you quit the marriage by divorcing her. It is too early for you to die young or we reading terrible news about Nigerian couple living in that country (just like the other one about nurse and her husband).

Peace is valuable bro. More valuable than properties. God that made it possible for you to buy a house now will still give you good health to work, earn an income and buy another one. Sell the house, move the money out and choose the most difficult part which I know is still honourable (Divorce).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:33pm On Apr 10, 2022
Klass99:

If you see as I bust laff ehn! Igbo men are not that tolerant or perhaps the location determines their level of tolerance.

Knowing you are in ogbodo-oyinbo, where you stand to lose a lot in the event of a divorce, will compel you to adjust your attitude and swallow a truck load of BS, left, right and center.

Honestly most are just shit and I see this as an Igbo man. It's so annoying the mentality of a majority of people in 2022.

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ibechris(m): 8:40pm On Apr 10, 2022
Thank u my dear sister...this is exactly how it should be. I have also taken a cue from the points below after all ,we are all here to learn from one another. Keep it up!

Klass99:

I told you before that I like you and I still do. This post just shows that with a plan you can do well and achieve success. Without a plan, premium tears and suffer head is only downloading for people who fail to plan.

Just last week I learnt about my classmate's parents who were very involved in her life and her siblings lives too (involved not only in terms of education but all aspects of their lives)

The parents had a plan for each child which was - you must go to school in Naija, after you graduate from Uni, you proceed to the UK for Masters, after Masters you must get a job then after you get a job, we hands off and get involved in your life again when you present your potential spouse.

That plan was executed to the letter with each child, from the first to last. Today, all four children are thriving in their lives/homes. These days I see people getting married and birthing children with no plan, especially from my home town. Then they start taxing their community of family and friends to help them pay their bills.

Ponzihater, apologies for derailing. I am enjoying your story telling abilities though. Continue o.

2 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by cayorday89(m): 10:21pm On Apr 10, 2022
What a pathetic experience, truly it's a hard life out there even when you carefully select a partner thinking you have done your assignment, some people change in the course of the journey... One thing is certain, this my singleness part two is not going to end soon...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by kazyhm(m): 10:55pm On Apr 10, 2022
sgtponzihater1:
Nagging:

She nagged me to death. She was always rights and I was always wrong. My routine was returning home, catching up with my goons later in the evening for one or two bottles. Most times we had rosted chicken with 2-3 bottles of 1759, other nights we had peppersoup. Nothing seem better than working very hard, eating the reward of your work, and returning to your quiet calm bed afterwards.

Everything changed, I used my money to bring in a lady that shouted about how irresponsible I was. Apart from paying for power, she did no other spending, but everytime I forgot to switch a bulb off, I would be told off like a kid. There were days that she would give the cold attitude. Two adults in a house, rent and food provided by me, but yet no one to ask me how I was. Life went from good to harsh when she came in.

All the tricksters who forged me on to marriage seemed to have escaped. Very few asked how my marriage was. I nearly flunged the phone on the only one that said, "you see that marriage is sweet". The other one I tried to explain the pit I have found myself simply replied, "you see women, fear them", that was the end of our friendship, how could you deceive me to get married, and then tell me at the end that women are the same.

Out of 100 times we swept the living room, I did 80-90%, the 10% she did was with nagging. I knew it was not sustainable, but I was in a hole. She got pregnant, I can't tell how I kept digging. No one but myself to blame, but I could easily pick those asking after 1year of marriage, how far children?, as implicated in this. She got pregnant so she stopped cooking or cleaning at all, it was nausea and vomiting, what the medics called "emesis gravidarum". I was tired. Leaving home early, coming back late to prepare my own meals, yet cleaning the house. Her sisters told me that how early pregnancy was, and she will get better as the pregnancy progresses. It was a bigger scam, but I bought it, as I have never lived with a pregnant woman. Then the pregnancy progressed, and the claimed fatigue, back pain and all the problems in the world. I was in a fix. I worked hard, long, and thanklessly. She would say thank you. "were you not the one that put me in this? She screamed out, "is it not your baby I am carrying?" I felt used and abused. For the first time power had changed hands. Prior to marriage, I considered myself a ladies man. But right now, I saw the devil herself. I was in a fix!

Men not been honest with man from the onset

3 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by kazyhm(m): 11:14pm On Apr 10, 2022
sgtponzihater1:

Absolutely correct. Peace is more than money in my opinion

There is no peace without fairness and justices........that consoling

2 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Elporo(m): 12:53am On Apr 11, 2022
odinson1:

Buying a property in your wife's name is a benefit to you? What nonsense is this?
Common sense will tell you that The wife is will be the owner of said property, so once again,the man benefits nothing.

The dude is fighting that feeling ... deep inside he knows he's the patsy.

It's just like saying Prince Harry gained alot from his charade union with old & divorce Meghan. Like, who actually went up in social status, and who came down?

@ibechris "Mr buy property in my wife's name". Your purchase support @odinson1's position.

The only true benefit in marrying a woman is based on her background. What her family name or connections can do for your business and projects. Go to the north or stay among the super rich, to learn that marriages are only good for passing down inheritances, multiplying influence and wealth and the occasional social event. Beside that .. tongue

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by cococandy(f): 1:05am On Apr 11, 2022
Any day nairaland men are not crying about girls and women, is that even a real day? Did the sun even rise? Always super obsessed. Eesh

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ststyreal(f): 5:42pm On Apr 11, 2022
odinson1:

With all this long talk, you still didn't mention one EXCLUSIVE benefit men have to gain from marriage.

All you wrote is a bunch of fallacies, marriage is just a Name,a term and a contract.
It doesn't make one automatically successful as you may think. Being married does not magically make one motivated to reach any goal,it is just a Term and a Contract where you devote your entire life, energy and resources,being committed to a woman who's only Goal is to have a Slave(who sees himself as king,mental slavery if you will) and Continuously milk him dry down till the very last drop.
Ever wonder why most husbands are thinner than their wives, while the wives look like baby elephants? It is because the man has been tirelessly working day and night, to Feed a Parasite whose only value to give is sex. Yes,there are women who offer way more than sex,but the Majority wins the vote right?

I am force to quote you even though I could have chosen to ignore your post. If you have a problem with marriage, why not stay clear... Why trying to choke people with your negative vibes about marriage. If you choose not to marry so be it but you trying to force people to accept your negative opinion about marriage is annoying. Whether their is benefits in marriage or not, some people are happy being married while some are not. Don't force people to accept your opinion about marriage because it paint you a bitter soul. God created marriages when he formed Eve for Adam. He said it isn't good for a man to be alone therefore I will make him an helper fit for him. You are not wiser than God. Leave people to make their choice while you peacefully make yours. I am sorry for quoting you but your constant attacking of people with positive desire for marriage prompted my quoting you. Life is a choice. Allow people make their choice peacefully....

9 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Miarose: 6:27pm On Apr 11, 2022
Your life will improve dramatically when you begin to take responsibility for your actions.

What is marriage? It is simply, when to people come together on certain terms. `Marriage` is not the problem.

PEOPLE ARE.

And as a man.. You did the courting, the wooing, the proposing. That means you chose wrong. It is reflection of your decision making, people management and problem solving skills. It has nothing to do with the MARRIAGE INSTITUTION.

sgtponzihater1:
The very beginning:

This is one question I probably know the answer to. I could afford a flat, My cable subscription was on point, I hardly ran out of data, except my smile plug was temporary offline, and I could very well feed myself with all the sort of meals I wanted. I also was far above average for a cook.

I really was not thinking of a wife at all. Ladies came and went. I knew while women can be pleasurable, living with them forever could probably cause a strain. So I avoided them for nearly 30years of my life if not more. I obviously was not a Saint, yet I tried my best to do no harm.

Then the scammers came. I can remember all of them. They saw my good life and wished me suffering. They painted the wrong narrative. "PonziHater, you shouldn't be cooking all this soup yourself and doing the dishes everything. "You need a woman to soften things up", when they found me in the restaurant eating "ogufe", they blurted out loudly that I was just a wasting money when I could have a wife to easen things up. They made vague references men who were supposedly living happier lives because of the women in their life. All these men were disgruntled, but kept a fake smile to sell a false narrative

The truth it was it was all brainwash. I felt good, happy and free. I couldn't afford the best designers, but my shirt were "red tag", and my pants were decent. I could fuel my car, and "afford" any lady on the daily. I truly then did not understand the softening of life that they claimed Marriage will bring, but with their emphasis, I thought of a near heaven, where lovely meals, a lot of sex, children calling me daddy and a wife to walk to in the park. What I found going forward was just like being at the peak of orgasm in a brothel, just at the point when the police were breaking in. It was some pleasure subsequently followed by gross imprisonment. It was going to hell on a 24hours drive, and then returning only to be stopped in the middle of nowhere by robbers. It was the most distasteful experience a man could see.

To be continued

ChiefSgtPonziHater

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Kwinesther: 7:05pm On Apr 11, 2022
sgtponzihater1:
She lived life on her own terms in her "husbands" house. Got up from bed when she wanted. Cooked stew only on Sundays, and would not cook any other day. She also made it known that she cannot go to the market, if she does, then she will be too tired to cook. So I got the list and bought the food stuff. She had an income, but if she stayed indoors and wrote me a list, how then will she touch hers?

I did the house cleaning, threw the trash out, she only needed to remind me that the bin was full. When I expected visitors, she only needed to remind me that the house was "scatered", and I needed to arrange it. That was her going through a lot of stress.

I suggested using goat meat to cook stew, and she screamed, "they don't do that", the day I got cow leg and ask her to do stew, she blatantly refused, "that is not the use of cow leg". I suggested she was not washing the fish well, and taking away the inner content, and I swallowed back my word after being washed down with words. It's a harsh world for men out there. Nobody says it but I will. Many men go through solitary confinement, and worse off is when they acquire this prison with their own money.

I carried on. There were nights I slept alone praying for grace. During the good times, living all alone by myself, I almost forgot a God exists. But through difficulties, hardship, torture and distress, I saw a God who gives strength to the weary and grace to the humble.

I took my daughter to nursery first thing in the morning and picked her off in the evening while returning from work. Maybe once or twice she helped me pick her up, but this was not up to four times in total. When I then get home she would call me to come and get her from work. She could walk to the bus stop, but she still asked me. I had no issues it was less than 10mins drive, so I did that. There were days I was exhausted, so asked her to get the bus instead. It was all frown, all hell when this was the case. Nurseries were calculated per hour and I payed every single hour with no outside help. She blatantly said its my responsibility.

Humans have a heart. Some are strong others are not, so the weight may tilt on the "stronger", or the other may claim weak to avoid a fair share. Its the dynamic that always play out. What is sad is when you do all these and they go back and lie that you do nothing. That they are going through torture and stress, that they are in hell. The same person that lived on her own terms, cooked when she wanted, woke up anytime and never sweeped the house for a full year. But they lied against us, and painted a picture of hell. There was no thank you for all you do, when we said anything they said it was our responsibility, and we should live up to it.

How we survived, there was no telling. It must only have been God.

Cntd

SgtPonziHater
I have been reading your write ups from the start, you obviously married the wrong woman sir. From my observation, most people that married wrongly were not directed by God but did it in their own terms. If they prayed about it and be patient, HE would surely guide them.

Marriage is not what one can just dive into without involving the institutor of same institution but we tend to ignore this fact. No matter how wise and careful we might seem to be, we are bound to make mistakes.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. / Man Dumps Wife For Sister Inlaw, Says Her Cooking And Sex Is Better / How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.