Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,046 members, 7,828,681 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? (871 Views)

Was Mohamed A Descendant Of Abraham? / How Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of Abraham / Picture Of The Family Of A 'descendant' Of Prophet Muhammad Without Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:20pm On Apr 14, 2022
AntiChristian:

No sir,
The focal point was on Joseph not Mary!

Matthew has twenty-seven generations from David to Joseph, whereas Luke has forty-two, with almost no overlap between the names on the two lists.⁠ Notably, the two accounts also disagree on who Joseph's father was: Matthew says he was Jacob, while Luke says he was Heli.

I have told you times without number that one is talking about Joseph's genealogy while the other is talking about Mary's.

1 Like

Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by AntiChristian: 2:23pm On Apr 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I have told you times without number that one is talking about Joseph's genealogy while the other is talking about Mary's.

You said so but the texts says otherwise!
Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:36pm On Apr 14, 2022
AntiChristian:

You said so but the texts says otherwise!
Your PERSONAL understanding i guess!
Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by AntiChristian: 2:36pm On Apr 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Perhaps you should go back to those Bible verses again.
Matthew and Luke were emphasizing on Jesus' credentials to sit on the throne of David and as a child born through Mary the great-grand daughter of King David Jesus is qualified.
That's the point Sir! wink

Which throne of David did Jesus sat on? Please make i no type too much!

Matthews account
Abraham
Isaac
Jacob
Judah and Tamar
Perez
Hezron
Ram
Amminadab
Nahshon
Salmon and Rahab
Boaz and Ruth
Obed
Jesse
David and Bathsheba
Solomon
Rehoboam
Abijah
Asa
Jehoshaphat
Jehoram
Uzziah
Jotham
Ahaz
Hezekiah
Manasseh
Amon
Josiah
Jeconiah
Shealtiel
Zerubbabel
Abiud
Eliakim
Azor
Zadok
Achim
Eliud
Eleazar
Matthan
Jacob
Joseph
Jesus

Luke's account
God
Adam
Seth
Enos
Cainan
Maleleel
Jared
Enoch
Mathusala
Lamech
Noah
Shem
Arphaxad
Cainan
Sala
Heber
Phalec
Ragau
Saruch
Nachor
Thara
Abraham
Isaac
Jacob
Judah
Phares
Esrom
Aram
Aminadab
Naasson
Salmon
Boaz
Obed
Jesse
David
Nathan
Mattatha
Menan
Melea
Eliakim
Jonam
Joseph
Judah
Simeon
Levi
Matthat
Jorim
Eliezer
Jose
Er
Elmodam
Cosam
Addi
Melchi
Neri
Salathiel
Zorobabel
Rhesa
Joannan
Juda
Joseph
Semei
Mattathias
Maath
Nagge
Esli
Naum
Amos
Mattathias
Joseph
Jannai
Melchi
Levi
Matthat
Heli
Joseph
Jesus

Case closed!
Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:48pm On Apr 14, 2022
AntiChristian:

Which throne of David did Jesus sat on? Please make i no type too much!

Matthews account
Abraham
Isaac
Jacob
Judah and Tamar
Perez
Hezron
Ram
Amminadab
Nahshon
Salmon and Rahab
Boaz and Ruth
Obed
Jesse
David and Bathsheba
Solomon
Rehoboam
Abijah
Asa
Jehoshaphat
Jehoram
Uzziah
Jotham
Ahaz
Hezekiah
Manasseh
Amon
Josiah
Jeconiah
Shealtiel
Zerubbabel
Abiud
Eliakim
Azor
Zadok
Achim
Eliud
Eleazar
Matthan
Jacob
Joseph
Jesus

Luke's account
God
Adam
Seth
Enos
Cainan
Maleleel
Jared
Enoch
Mathusala
Lamech
Noah
Shem
Arphaxad
Cainan
Sala
Heber
Phalec
Ragau
Saruch
Nachor
Thara
Abraham
Isaac
Jacob
Judah
Phares
Esrom
Aram
Aminadab
Naasson
Salmon
Boaz
Obed
Jesse
David
Nathan
Mattatha
Menan
Melea
Eliakim
Jonam
Joseph
Judah
Simeon
Levi
Matthat
Jorim
Eliezer
Jose
Er
Elmodam
Cosam
Addi
Melchi
Neri
Salathiel
Zorobabel
Rhesa
Joannan
Juda
Joseph
Semei
Mattathias
Maath
Nagge
Esli
Naum
Amos
Mattathias
Joseph
Jannai
Melchi
Levi
Matthat
Heli
Joseph
Jesus

Case closed!

According to the Bible the Messiah (Christ) will reign forever on the throne of David! Isaiah 9:6-7; 16:5

So the two gospel writers were telling the disciples about Jesus' right as the Messiah to mount that throne.

He has not started ruling the earth yet, his rulership is only in heaven and among his disciples on earth but when that Kingdom turn towards the earth all objectors of his kingship will be exterminated! Luke 19:27 compare to Psalms 37:9-11; Daniel 2:44

So Jesus' kingship has not started operating globally, for now it's only within his earthly subjects (JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES) that's why we are at peace everywhere we are on this planet! Matthew 5:14-16; 7:16-18 smiley
Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by SPTruth: 6:35am On Apr 15, 2022
haekymbahd:
According to christians God chose Isaac as the promise child. Now Jesus was not of the lineage of Isaac nor David because he was said to be born miraculously without no earthly father.

Can we now call Jesus a false prophet/God?
You asked an intelligent question, but the answer is also given in the Bible.
Matthew 22:42-46
Jesus said to them,
42 “What do you think about the Messiah? Whose son is he?”

“The son of David,” they replied.

43 He said to them, “How is it then that David, speaking by the Spirit, calls him ‘Lord’? For he says,

44 “‘The Lord said to my Lord:
“Sit at my right hand
until I put your enemies
under your feet.”’[a]

45 If then David calls him ‘Lord,’ how can he be his son?” 46 No one could say a word in reply, and from that day on no one dared to ask him any more questions.
Jesus also said, in John 8:48, Verily, verily, I say onto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

If Jesus was a descendant of Isaac, how come He existed before Abraham, the father of Isaac?. Did you exist before your grandfather?
Simple, because Jesus is God. His Bloodline is divinity. Adam was carrying the Blood of Jesus before He corrupted it by eating the Fruit of the tree of good and evil. And it was passed down to Isaac etc. To the men of His time, Jesus was the son of Joseph , who was from the bloodline of Isaac, they shared the same Blood but one was Pure while the other was corrupted. The question should be did Isaac have the Blood of Jesus, because Jesus actually existed before Him. To the physical man, Jesus is the Son of King David, but spiritually David called Him my Lord, the physical man lives according to the precepts of time, 2021, 2022, 2023, but God lives in eternity continum.
Haven't you read, that Lamb of God was slain(killed) , before the foundations of the earth were laid?

Revelation 13:8. “And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FREE CASH - Winners: @Samueltemi337, @PJtech, @adeoyekay, @SurvivorM / Why Do Christians Fall During Prayers / Speak No Evil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.