Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,240 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? (821 Views)

Was Mohamed A Descendant Of Abraham? / How Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of Abraham / Picture Of The Family Of A 'descendant' Of Prophet Muhammad Without Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by haekymbahd(m): 9:32am On Apr 10, 2022
According to christians God chose Isaac as the promise child. Now Jesus was not of the lineage of Isaac nor David because he was said to be born miraculously without no earthly father.

Can we now call Jesus a false prophet/God?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:43am On Apr 10, 2022
haekymbahd:
According to christians God chose Isaac as the promise child. Now Jesus was not of the lineage of Isaac nor David because he was said to be born miraculously without no earthly father.

Can we now call Jesus a false prophet/God?

What? Are you that mad? Did the Bible show that Jesus came through Ishmael, or Laban?
Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by haekymbahd(m): 9:58am On Apr 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

What? Are you that mad? Did the Bible show that Jesus came through Ishmael, or Laban?

but the bible lied with what it showed by trying to link Jesus with isaac the promise child.

Matthew 1:1–17 begins the Gospel, "A record of the origin of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham: Abraham begot Isaac, ..." and continues on until "... Jacob begot Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

How did Joseph became the Father of Jesus. Jesus was not a descendant of isaac..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by Antiislaam(m): 10:04am On Apr 10, 2022
haekymbahd:
but the bible lied with what it showed by trying to link Jesus with isaac the promise child.

Matthew 1:1–17 begins the Gospel, "A record of the origin of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham: Abraham begot Isaac, ..." and continues on until "... Jacob begot Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

How did Joseph became the Father of Jesus. Jesus was not a descendant of isaac..

Ask your chief imam, WHO CIRCUMCISED MUHAMMAD? Secondly, ask your alfa the reason why Muhammad's father, Abd allāh was not a Muslim and the reason why muhammad imposed the god (allah) he inherited from his father on you slaves of allah
Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:05am On Apr 10, 2022
haekymbahd:
l"... Jacob begot Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

IS JACOB NOT THE SON OF ISAAC, EH! Abi he is the son of Laban or Ishmael?

It seems you are getting madder by the week!
Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by AntiChristian: 6:50pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

IS JACOB NOT THE SON OF ISAAC, EH! Abi he is the son of Laban or Ishmael?

It seems you are getting madder by the week!

So the Jacob that gave birth to Joseph is the same Jacob of Isaac?

And was how was Joseph Jesus's father by blood and genealogy again?

So many lies from you o!

1 Like

Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:56pm On Apr 10, 2022
Mary is from what lineage?
Is your grandson (daughter's son) not related to you by blood? undecided
Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by AntiChristian: 7:01pm On Apr 10, 2022
The lineage of Mary was not mentioned in the Bible.

Only that of Joseph was mentioned twice with two different genealogies!

And Jesus has no ancestors as mother's ancestors do not count in those times till now!

1 Like

Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:21pm On Apr 10, 2022
AntiChristian:

The lineage of Mary was not mentioned in the Bible.

Only that of Joseph was mentioned twice with two different genealogies!

And Jesus has no ancestors as mother's ancestors do not count in those times till now!

Matthew recorded the lineage of Mary that's why he mentioned her name as the person through whom Joseph became SON-in-law in Mary's genealogy! Matthew 1:16

Luke recorded what everyone around Judea knew since the child was born to Joseph so he said "as the general opinion of people around" Luke 3:30

So from both sides Jesus is related to Isaac whether we follow the opinion of people around or the fact that the pregnancy and birth was miraculous! smiley
Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:15pm On Apr 10, 2022
AntiChristian:

So the Jacob that gave birth to Joseph is the same Jacob of Isaac?

And was how was Joseph Jesus's father by blood and genealogy again?

So many lies from you o!

These Muslims are mad O, did the line bend to Laban or the bastard Ishmael or even Esau? Eh

It's like this ram-a- dam fasting is making Muslims madder!
Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by sonmvayina(m): 10:40pm On Apr 10, 2022
Jesus is not from anywhere you can't have it both ways. Either he is a son of Joseph or not. If he is a son of Joseph then one of the genealogy might be in other as both give contradictory names or is not a son of Joseph by which case no genealogy is necessary. ....

The question was asked pope Benedict the 16th, he could not answer.

I don't expect any maroon from.here to...
There are no ghost in the genealogy..
But again Mathew mentions three women who are known prostitutte.maybe he was just giving us a clue...
Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by AntiChristian: 5:17am On Apr 11, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Matthew recorded the lineage of Mary that's why he mentioned her name as the person through whom Joseph became SON-in-law in Mary's genealogy! Matthew 1:16

Luke recorded what everyone around Judea knew since the child was born to Joseph so he said "as the general opinion of people around" Luke 3:30

So from both sides Jesus is related to Isaac whether we follow the opinion of people around or the fact that the pregnancy and birth was miraculous! smiley

Can you mention who else uses a woman's genealogy in the whole Bible?

The genealogy of Mary is not even for Jesus as he was simply a word from God.

Adoption does not make up for blood relationship!

Jesus was never related to Joseph by blood!

The Messiah had to be of the line of David (Jeremiah 33:15–17; Isaiah 9:7), so two gospels provide genealogies of Jesus to validate this requirement. The problem is that we only need to go back one generation, to Joseph’s father, to find a problem.

Jacob [was] the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, and Mary was the mother of Jesus who is called the Messiah (Matthew 1:16).

Jesus . . . was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph, the son of Heli (Luke 3:23).

There is just one unique male biological line that would terminate in Joseph, so at least one of these genealogies is wrong. And it’s hard to imagine that an ordinary Joe like Joseph would have a reliable record of his genealogy going back generations. Worse, Joseph wasn’t the biological father of Jesus, so his genealogy is irrelevant. If being in the line of David is a requirement, then having a god for a father makes you ineligible.

The most common rebuttal is to say that the Luke genealogy is for Mary, but the text makes clear that it’s for Joseph. Anyway, why would you provide the genealogy of the parent from whom descent from David wouldn’t count?
We’re seeing the incompatible clash of two ideas: Jesus inherits David’s throne and Jesus was the son of God.
Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by AntiChristian: 5:24am On Apr 11, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

These Muslims are mad O, did the line bend to Laban or the bastard Ishmael or even Esau? Eh

It's like this ram-a- dam fasting is making Muslims madder!

You're the mad liar here.
I asked you a question that needs an answer!

Lent turned you to an acute liar!
Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:10am On Apr 11, 2022
[
AntiChristian:

You're the mad liar here.
I asked you a question that needs an answer!

Lent turned you to an acute liar!

Right in here, your madness is seen whilst it is clear before everyone's eyes that Christ line, did not come from the bastard Ishmael or from laban or from Esau, IF NOT YOU WOULD HAVE SHOWN US ALL, BUT YOU HAVE NOTHING.

So plenty is wrong with you moo-thins, I mean moo slims.
Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by AntiChristian: 8:31am On Apr 11, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
[

Right in here, your madness is seen whilst it is clear before everyone's eyes that Christ line, did not come from the bastard Ishmael or from laban or from Esau, IF NOT YOU WOULD HAVE SHOWN US ALL, BUT YOU HAVE NOTHING.

You Cretins (Christians) have naught to stand upon!

Your God blessed the Ishmael you called bastard above. That means you abused one whom your God blessed! Anyways, cretins only have minute sense!

And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation. Gen 17:20

As for your bastard claim your Bible says:
So after Abram had been living in Canaan ten years, Sarai his wife took her Egyptian slave Hagar and gave her to her husband [b]to be his wife.[/b] Gen 16:3

Finally Jesus is of specially made and have not earthly genetic make up according to your Bible. She is not connected to Isaac in any way!
Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by AntiChristian: 8:31am On Apr 11, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
[

You Cretins (Christians) have naught to stand upon!

Your God blessed the Ishmael you called bastard above. That means you abused one whom your God blessed! Anyways, cretins only have minute sense!

And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation. Gen 17:20

So after Abram had been living in Canaan ten years, Sarai his wife took her Egyptian slave Hagar and gave her to her husband to be his wife. Gen 16:3

Finally Jesus was specially made and have no earthly genetic make up according to your Bible. She is not connected to Isaac in any way!
Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:43am On Apr 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

Blessings is no thing to God. Adam and Eve were still blessed even though they got thrown out. And even right in the middle of his blessings was Curses too. Blessings, is no thing to God.

Ishmael is still an unlawful seed that should have never been planted the same way Cain should have never been born!

AntiChristian:

So after Abram had been living in Canaan ten years, Sarai his wife took her Egyptian slave Hagar and gave her to her husband to be his wife. Gen 16:3

1) Women do not give wives.

2) Wives do not give wives!

These are unlawful!
Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by AntiChristian: 7:38pm On Apr 11, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Blessings is no thing to God. Adam and Eve were still blessed even though they got thrown out. And even right in the middle of his blessings was Curses too. Blessings, is no thing to God.

where was Ishmael cursed?

Ishmael is still an unlawful seed that should have nevermind been planted the same way Cain should have never been born!

1) Women do not give wives.

2) Wives do not give wives!

These are unlawful!

Which Bible verse forbid the marriage?

You meant they should have called your pastor for the engagement right?
Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:56pm On Apr 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

where was Ishmael cursed?

Are you not pro-Ishmael? and a very unreasonably biased one for that matter, you can never see anything reasonably wrong and bad about Ishmael.

AntiChristian:

Which Bible verse forbid the marriage?

See, how you change Truth! What I said is clearly expressed but now, you have fraudulently changed it to another thing,

Yet, you think you are reasonable and sane?
Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by AntiChristian: 8:00pm On Apr 11, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Are you not pro-Ishmael? and a very unreasonably biased one for that matter, you can never see anything reasonably wrong and bad about Ishmael.

See, how you change Truth! What I said is clearly expressed but now, you have fraudulently changed it to another thing,

Yet, you think you are reasonable and sane?

It sure amazes me how you tey come out of secondary school. Quote the verse where he was cursed?

Show us how the marriage of Hagar ought to be?
Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:11pm On Apr 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

It sure amazes me how you tey come out of secondary school. Quote the verse where he was cursed?

Show us how the marriage of Hagar ought to be?

School and life don teach me say you be mad person and nobody fit talk to mad person!
Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by AntiChristian: 4:23am On Apr 12, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

School and life don teach me say you be mad person and nobody fit talk to mad person!

But I think you're the maddest and also the most arrogant ignorant on this thread!
Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:35am On Apr 12, 2022
AntiChristian:

Can you mention who else uses a woman's genealogy in the whole Bible?

The genealogy of Mary is not even for Jesus as he was simply a word from God.

Adoption does not make up for blood relationship!

Jesus was never related to Joseph by blood!

The Messiah had to be of the line of David (Jeremiah 33:15–17; Isaiah 9:7), so two gospels provide genealogies of Jesus to validate this requirement. The problem is that we only need to go back one generation, to Joseph’s father, to find a problem.

Jacob [was] the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, and Mary was the mother of Jesus who is called the Messiah (Matthew 1:16).

Jesus . . . was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph, the son of Heli (Luke 3:23).

There is just one unique male biological line that would terminate in Joseph, so at least one of these genealogies is wrong. And it’s hard to imagine that an ordinary Joe like Joseph would have a reliable record of his genealogy going back generations. Worse, Joseph wasn’t the biological father of Jesus, so his genealogy is irrelevant. If being in the line of David is a requirement, then having a god for a father makes you ineligible.

The most common rebuttal is to say that the Luke genealogy is for Mary, but the text makes clear that it’s for Joseph. Anyway, why would you provide the genealogy of the parent from whom descent from David wouldn’t count?
We’re seeing the incompatible clash of two ideas: Jesus inherits David’s throne and Jesus was the son of God.

Note that Luke traced everything back to Adam and concluded that by saying:

the son of Enos, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God. Luke 3:38

So the point Luke made is clear Sir, Jesus is God's Son just as Adam is God's Son.
As God's first earthly Son, Adam was instructed to take charge of everything on the planet {Genesis 1:28} now that Adam has failed another perfect man would have to come in and do the needful as King.
David was sitting on the throne of Israel as the representative of the God of Israel whereas all the commandments (constitution) of that nation was instituted by God.
So Jesus' qualifications as King to inherit that throne is what Luke is emphasizing, whether you like it or not Jesus is God's Son and it's through the lineage of David that a foster father (Joseph) was born!

Matthew was talking about the mother through whom Jesus was born and Mary is from the bloodline of King David! smiley
Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by AntiChristian: 5:51am On Apr 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Note that Luke traced everything back to Adam and concluded that by saying:

the son of Enos, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God. Luke 3:38

So the point Luke made is clear Sir, Jesus is God's Son just as Adam is God's Son.
As God's first earthly Son, Adam was instructed to take charge of everything on the planet {Genesis 1:28} now that Adam has failed another perfect man would have to come in and do the needful as King.
David was sitting on the throne of Israel as the representative of the God of Israel whereas all the commandments (constitution) of that nation was instituted by God.
So Jesus' qualifications as King to inherit that throne is what Luke is emphasizing, whether you like it or not Jesus is God's Son and it's through the lineage of David that a foster father (Joseph) was born!

Matthew was talking about the mother through whom Jesus was born and Mary is from the bloodline of King David! smiley

I know you will just keep repeating the same thing with different words.

Jesus has no earthly father to deserve a genealogy. The termination of both genealogy stops at Joseph, Mary's husband. Apparently, the other children of Mary are more qualified to be the descendants of David.
Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:53am On Apr 12, 2022
AntiChristian:

But I think you're the maddest and also the most arrogant ignorant on this thread!

Talk about mad, are you not the Muslim, with your Muslim disease, who has left his place and his book (Trespass) to come attacking our Bible, like madmen perusing "Modern Biology" textbook and manufacturing their own mad interpretation?

After the "wetin dis mad people dey talk?", the next thing is the ignoring them stage. No one argues with mad people.
Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by Broveens42(m): 7:02am On Apr 12, 2022
AntiChristian:

Jesus has no earthly father to deserve a genealogy. The termination of both genealogy stops at Joseph, Mary's husband. Apparently, the other children of Mary are more qualified to be the descendants of David.

I don't know why people see this type of clarity and still complicate things for themselves grin

the begotten son of God (by incarnation) and still linked to a generation sponsored by spermatozoa. You can never have it both ways. Even if people claim genealogy of Jesus is by adoption, then various humans in the past and present can also claim to be incarnate.
After all people were called God, Zeus, son of God, made higher than Angels etc.

#Religion of men
Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:04am On Apr 12, 2022
AntiChristian:

Mary is from the bloodline of King David so you can't remove Jesus from the bloodline since Mary (his mom) is from that lineage! wink
Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by AntiChristian: 6:37am On Apr 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Mary is from the bloodline of King David so you can't remove Jesus from the bloodline since Mary (his mom) is from that lineage! wink

Do you claim your mum's lineage?

Give a clear proof Mary's lineage is in the Bible?
Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:24am On Apr 13, 2022
AntiChristian:

Do you claim your mum's lineage?
Give a clear proof Mary's lineage is in the Bible?

Barrack Obama, Jerry Rawlings, Obafemi Awolowo all claimed their mum's lineage Sir!

Obama is from East Africa but he ruled the United States Of America because his mother is an American.

Jerry Rawlings is an American but he ruled Ghana because his mom is a Ghanaian.

Obafemi Awolowo is from Ìliṣàn but he claimed Ìkẹ́nẹ́ his mom's home town.

So what stops Jesus from ruling over his mother's people?
Ọ̀gbẹ́ni it's logical for a child to rule over his mother's people so stop deceiving yourself with Arabian lies! wink

1 Like

Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by AntiChristian: 12:19pm On Apr 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Barrack Obama, Jerry Rawlings, Obafemi Awolowo all claimed their mum's lineage Sir!

Obama is from East Africa but he ruled the United States Of America because his mother is an American.

Jerry Rawlings is an American but he ruled Ghana because his mom is a Ghanaian.

Obafemi Awolowo is from Ìliṣàn but he claimed Ìkẹ́nẹ́ his mom's home town.

So what stops Jesus from ruling over his mother's people?
Ọ̀gbẹ́ni it's logical for a child to rule over his mother's people so stop deceiving yourself with Arabian lies! wink

At least you are an old man. We expect you to be mature both in words and deeds.
I asked if you claim your mother's lineage but you decided to bring in Obama, Jerry Rawlings and Obafemi Awolowo.

Are we discussing citizenship here? Those countries accept citizenship from either of the parent.

All those you mentioned were not born without their father's sperm like Jesus.
These people all retained the genealogy of their father and not their mother.

I think you are getting more and more illogical as you type!

Lastly Citizenship is not Genealogy!

Citizenship is the position or status of being a citizen of a particular country.

Genealogy on the other hand is a line of descent traced continuously from an ancestor.
Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:35pm On Apr 14, 2022
AntiChristian:

At least you are an old man. We expect you to be mature both in words and deeds.
I asked if you claim your mother's lineage but you decided to bring in Obama, Jerry Rawlings and Obafemi Awolowo.

Are we discussing citizenship here? Those countries accept citizenship from either of the parent.

All those you mentioned were not born without their father's sperm like Jesus.
These people all retained the genealogy of their father and not their mother.

I think you are getting more and more illogical as you type!

Lastly Citizenship is not Genealogy!

Citizenship is the position or status of being a citizen of a particular country.

Genealogy on the other hand is a line of descent traced continuously from an ancestor.

Perhaps you should go back to those Bible verses again.
Matthew and Luke were emphasizing on Jesus' credentials to sit on the throne of David and as a child born through Mary the great-grand daughter of King David Jesus is qualified.
That's the point Sir! wink

1 Like

Re: How Did Jesus Became A Descendant Of Isaac? by AntiChristian: 12:48pm On Apr 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Perhaps you should go back to those Bible verses again.
Matthew and Luke were emphasizing on Jesus' credentials to sit on the throne of David and as a child born through Mary the great-grand daughter of King David Jesus is qualified.
That's the point Sir! wink

No sir,
The focal point was on Joseph not Mary!

Matthew has twenty-seven generations from David to Joseph, whereas Luke has forty-two, with almost no overlap between the names on the two lists.⁠ Notably, the two accounts also disagree on who Joseph's father was: Matthew says he was Jacob, while Luke says he was Heli.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You As A Christian Forgive Repentant Boko Haram Members And Bandits? / Stunning Pictures Of Churches Around The World / How God Delivered Me And 9 People In My Car From A Serious Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.