Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

What Game Are You Currently Playing? - Gaming (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Game Are You Currently Playing? (773992 Views)

What Game Are You Currently Playing On Ps2 Plattforms Only... / Which Game Are You Currently Playing? / What Game Can You Play 100times Without Getting Bored And Tired Of It??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (497) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by LordReed(m): 7:16pm On Nov 18, 2015
wman:

I'm going to quote the same article you quoted.

Fallout 4's launch was a huge success. Bethesda announced today that the game shipped 12 million copies worldwide for launch day alone, "representing sales in excess of $750 million." In addition, the game is generating "record sales" at brick and mortar stores and across Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and PC.

Bethesda did not say how many of those 12 million copies shipped to retailers were actually sold through to consumers. The $750 million number likely represents the total possible revenue, if indeed all 12 million were actually sold. We've contacted Bethesda in an attempt to learn more about Fallout 4's performance.

Now going back to what you quoted on bold. Bethesda were advised by some

You see they are not even sure. And it's just a percentage of retailers. Nothing is certain yet.
Of which this article was written by GameSpot 4 days ago. Bethesda should have gotten back to them since them.
Fallout 4 launched 8 days ago. It would have been all over the news a few days back if it had actually set the highest sales record of this year.

As at now Black Ops III is the highest entertainment launch of this year.

Just you point to Fallout 4's figures as being unverified so is Black Ops 3's. The people calling it "the biggest entertainment launch" are Activision themselves so how can you claim it is more valid then Bethesda's claim? Can you source one independent source that has verified any of these figures? All the articles calling BO3 "the biggest entertainment launch" probably even came before Fallout 4's release so how were they able to compare figures? Meanwhile you said Gamespot did not carry the news so I am thinking you are biased about BO3.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by wman(m): 7:42pm On Nov 18, 2015
LordReed:

Just you point to Fallout 4's figures as being unverified so is Black Ops 3's. The people calling it "the biggest entertainment launch" are Activision themselves so how can you claim it is more valid then Bethesda's claim? Can you source one independent source that has verified any of these figures? All the articles calling BO3 "the biggest entertainment launch" probably even came before Fallout 4's release so how were they able to compare figures? Meanwhile you said Gamespot did not carry the news so I am thinking you are biased about BO3.

Black Ops 3 sales not shipment were confirmed by Activision.
After confirmation it was carried by all major game news agency.
Gamespot are waiting for Bethesda to confirm their actual sales and not shipment so they can publish.
Gamespot did not say Fallout 4 was the largest entertainment launch.
Gamespot carried the news about the total shipment of Fallout 4.

Black Ops 3 has been verified and is on all sites including Forbes, GamesRadar, IGN and Co.
No site, not even Gamespot has said anything about their total sales beating Black Ops III.
They only verified their number of shipped copies.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by wman(m): 7:45pm On Nov 18, 2015
At least you read this part:

"We've contacted Bethesda in an attempt to learn more about Fallout 4's performance."

Until we know how many copies were sold out of the 12 million copies shipped, Black Ops III is the highest entertainment launch of 2015.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by DammyOlu123(m): 9:16pm On Nov 18, 2015
youngice:
I got a new baby , so being my evil self I want to suck her life's blood I'm currently playing 5 games
NFS the run cool
Bioshock 2 angry
Sleeping dogs lipsrsealed
Injustice shocked

Omo, this chairman is vexing o. What are the system specs?
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by youngice(m): 9:47pm On Nov 18, 2015
DammyOlu123:

Omo, this chairman is vexing o. What are the system specs?
Nothing special
Intel I5 5th gen
Nvidia 920m
That's all that matters

1 Like

Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by DammyOlu123(m): 9:54pm On Nov 18, 2015
youngice:

Nothing special
Intel I5 5th gen
Nvidia 920m
That's all that matters

Ooh. That's adequate. What make? How much?
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by youngice(m): 10:35pm On Nov 18, 2015
DammyOlu123:

Ooh. That's adequate. What make? How much?
I like your choice of words
Dell inspiron 500

1 Like

Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Emeka71(m): 11:51pm On Nov 18, 2015
Diamond Rush.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by charlemon: 9:30am On Nov 19, 2015
Mad max, GTA V, metal gear phantom pain, pes 16, zombi, dying light, shadow of mordor, mortal kombat X etc. All on PC
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by dennistar(m): 5:03am On Nov 20, 2015
Dead space3,watch dogs and sleeping dogs
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by tiwola: 6:06am On Nov 20, 2015
Black Ops 3 and Halo 5 Guardians. (Xbox One)
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by SasukeUchihax: 7:28am On Nov 21, 2015
Sims 4
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by igbsam(m): 9:58am On Nov 21, 2015
I have a ps3 super slim console. Don't know wat to do with it. Didn't come with a hard drive so I find it hard to install some games in it due to not enough internal space. Its just there doing nothing. I've finised playing GTA V, God of War ascension and God of War 3, Last of Us, COD 3, Infamous 2, The Last Of Us (Experiencing a glitch, so can't go further), Sonic, Assassin's Creed 3, Mass Effect and PES 13.

I need to experience d online gaming experience, but not enough space is hindering me. I'm also opened to more interesting games. Multi offline player to be specific so I can play alongside my kid brother.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by LordReed(m): 12:03pm On Nov 21, 2015
igbsam:
I have a ps3 super slim console. Don't know wat to do with it. Didn't come with a hard drive so I find it hard to install some games in it due to not enough internal space. Its just there doing nothing. I've finised playing GTA V, God of War ascension and God of War 3, Last of Us, COD 3, Infamous 2, The Last Of Us (Experiencing a glitch, so can't go further), Sonic, Assassin's Creed 3, Mass Effect and PES 13.

I need to experience d online gaming experience, but not enough space is hindering me. I'm also opened to more interesting games. Multi offline player to be specific so I can play alongside my kid brother.

You can upgrade the harddrive. Depending on how big you want it it won't cost too much (1TB is about N15k). Here's a video showing how to do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_mTCel6dC4

Can't watch video? Here's one with pictures:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-to-change-the-new-super-slim-ps3-hard-drive/1100-6396942/
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by igbsam(m): 1:54pm On Nov 21, 2015
LordReed:

You can upgrade the harddrive. Depending on how big you want it it won't cost too much (1TB is about N15k). Here's a video showing how to do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_mTCel6dC4

Can't watch video? Here's one with pictures:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-to-change-the-new-super-slim-ps3-hard-drive/1100-6396942/

Please where can i get the hard drive ? I think it also has a bay, where can i also get the bay ? I'm located in lagos. Abule Egba to be precise.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ladokuntlad(m): 3:34pm On Nov 21, 2015
igbsam:

Please where can i get the hard drive ? I think it also has a bay, where can i also get the bay ? I'm located in lagos. Abule Egba to be precise.
bros u dont need any special harddrive naa
its d same daytoday harddrive being used on pc.
500gb=6-9k(at worse)
and d harddrive bay is already on the old harddrive, so u jst unscrew it and replace it with d one u bought
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by igbsam(m): 3:46pm On Nov 21, 2015
ladokuntlad:

bros u dont need any special harddrive naa
its d same daytoday harddrive being used on pc.
500gb=6-9k(at worse)
and d harddrive bay is already on the old harddrive, so u jst unscrew it and replace it with d one u bought

Brother, na d problem be dat. The console didn't even come with the bay. I think d person my brother bought it from on ebay already removed it. I have a spare sata drive, its d bay that's d issue.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by ladokuntlad(m): 4:00pm On Nov 21, 2015
igbsam:

Brother, na d problem be dat. The console didn't even come with the bay. I think d person my brother bought it from on ebay already removed it. I have a spare sata drive, its d bay that's d issue.
u don watch d video
its said to be under d stand or beta stil find all sort of videos on youtube
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by igbsam(m): 4:35pm On Nov 21, 2015
ladokuntlad:

u don watch d video
its said to be under d stand or beta stil find all sort of videos on youtube

okay brother. I'll get back to you. Thanks for your help and time. really appreciate.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by LordReed(m): 5:24pm On Nov 21, 2015
igbsam:

You can order the bay from Aliexpress for less than 600 bucks

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Hard-Disk-Drive-bays-Base-Tray-HDD-Mounting-Bracket-Support-for-Sony-Playstation-3-PS3/32469595513.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.2.4MIrie&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_9_79_78_77_80,searchweb201644_5,searchweb201560_9
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by igbsam(m): 5:29pm On Nov 21, 2015
LordReed:

You can order the bay from Aliexpress for less than 600 bucks

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Hard-Disk-Drive-bays-Base-Tray-HDD-Mounting-Bracket-Support-for-Sony-Playstation-3-PS3/32469595513.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.2.4MIrie&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_9_79_78_77_80,searchweb201644_5,searchweb201560_9

Thank u bro. I wish I cud get it here in naija. wud make a little research on it though. Thanks for d info!
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by LordReed(m): 8:38pm On Nov 21, 2015
igbsam:

Thank u bro. I wish I cud get it here in naija. wud make a little research on it though. Thanks for d info!

If you order from Aliexpress they'll deliver to you here in Naija and shipping is free. I have had some delivered straight to my house and others I had to go pick up from the post office so it depends on the seller's shipping method but you must surely get it.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by igbsam(m): 10:53pm On Nov 21, 2015
LordReed:

If you order from Aliexpress they'll deliver to you here in Naija and shipping is free. I have had some delivered straight to my house and others I had to go pick up from the post office so it depends on the seller's shipping method but you must surely get it.

Oh...cool. But it takes 30days to get here. But its worth d wait though. wud give it a shoot
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by JimTiger4(m): 10:08am On Nov 23, 2015
can someone kindly help me with the download link for PES 2016 for my PS2....
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by heatpipe: 9:12pm On Nov 23, 2015
wman:
Might be a fairly good game for console gamers, but it absolute crap on pc. heavily unoptimized and buggy ,even with my 8gb Gddr5 radeon r9 390 , i couldn't play it at locked 1080p 60 fps at ultra graphics. i had to turn god rays to low a
nd shadow distance to medium to keep the game fluid. i normally play dual monitor setup at 3200 *1800 resolution on most games smoothly.
I'm going to quote the same article you quoted.

Fallout 4's launch was a huge success. Bethesda announced today that the game shipped 12 million copies worldwide for launch day alone, "representing sales in excess of $750 million." In addition, the game is generating "record sales" at brick and mortar stores and across Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and PC.

Bethesda did not say how many of those 12 million copies shipped to retailers were actually sold through to consumers. The $750 million number likely represents the total possible revenue, if indeed all 12 million were actually sold. We've contacted Bethesda in an attempt to learn more about Fallout 4's performance.

Now going back to what you quoted on bold. Bethesda were advised by some

You see they are not even sure. And it's just a percentage of retailers. Nothing is certain yet.
Of which this article was written by GameSpot 4 days ago. Bethesda should have gotten back to them since them.
Fallout 4 launched 8 days ago. It would have been all over the news a few days back if it had actually set the highest sales record of this year.

As at now Black Ops III is the highest entertainment launch of this year.

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (497) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.