Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,376 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech (39713 Views)

Manifesto: Tinubu’s 10 Promises To Nigerians / We Can No Longer Deliver On Our Promises - Osinbajo / Defection: How Osinbajo Made Us Donate Akpabio To APC – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Maksolex20: 11:57am On Apr 11, 2022
PYO is our project come 2023
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 11, 2022
What about security. What a part and parcel of a failed government
Dude never learnt anything even after 7 years as a vp.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Maliqcious: 12:01pm On Apr 11, 2022
Well Osinbajo campaign promises are not bad
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by planetx: 12:05pm On Apr 11, 2022
Empty promises

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by michelism(m): 12:10pm On Apr 11, 2022
The Prof grin. Well done sir!

I'm sure you've learnt a lot from "top to bottom" himself? Sorry, we don't need all these rubbish sweet mouth list that you dished at us.

PDP and APC, in fact, all these old corrupt and shameless leaders aren't fit to be our current or future presidents.

Bunch of failled generation.
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by God1stson(m): 12:16pm On Apr 11, 2022
awoniyi1236:
PYO 2023

This man is not serious what majic wand will he use to convince Nnewi man that he is one with kastina man when rail line goes from kastina to Niger rather connecting Nnewi. He still feels most Nigerian lack critical thinking, well not when so much hunger is in the land and people brain don reset. Is not going to be like 2015. Another thing, he carefully evaded commenting on security a burning issue in our country. This man is still leaving in the moon. He is a good candidate but this regime has blunted his thinking.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by LaconicINC: 12:27pm On Apr 11, 2022
This man will fail woefully, see how he carefully avoided security, which is the number challenge in Nigeria today, how can everything else work without security, he is a joker!

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by xelly: 12:33pm On Apr 11, 2022
Speech filled with lies. I stopped listening to him when he said that he has been to all the local government of the federation.

Prof. Lies

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Askme2020(m): 12:34pm On Apr 11, 2022
DontBullshitMe:
If he couldn't influence his boss to have implemented these policies then he failed as a VP.

Theoretical promises. Little practicability.

What I expected of this man now is to safely retire to his hometown in Ogun state and then begin to grant interviews to expose the rot of governance that has persisted for so long in that Aso Rock.

If truly he had what it takes to fix this country, why didn't we see any quality semblance of development throughout his tenure as VP and almost a year he enjoyed as acting President.

Again. This man is a fraud.
Big fraud...

As much as i won't want BAT, cuz they are same bad product
. but if am to vote BTW bat Andy this VP. I will vote bat 100%.
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by lexy2014: 12:42pm On Apr 11, 2022
kirajustice:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

https://politicsnigeria.com/10-promises-osinbajo-made-to-nigerians-in-declaration-speech/
These are the same promises him and buhari made in 2015. He should begin telling nigerians how those promises have been fulfilled

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Invitationn: 12:43pm On Apr 11, 2022
yanabasee:
Well, he has never done anything in regards to the educational system...

He was busy sharing money using SIP and Npower and that traders money as a means of sharing free money...

He tried to boom and enhance small scale business.... But his boss will use taxes/Over-billing, banditry and lack of electricity to destroy those efforts....

Infact, he functioned accurately well in all the listed, except in the education.... Dude tried...

How people separates Osibanjo from the failures of this administration beats me.
Before you come with your regular 'the VP has no real power except the ones delegated to him by his boss' argument, you have to establish whether or not a VP can fail due to his own incompetence in the roles delegated to him by the president.

If your answer is that he can fail, your submission is full of hypocrisy.
But if your answer is that he can't fail in those roles, then that's a new topic entirely.

This guy is the chair of the National economic council ffs! Now he's PROMISING to develop the economy when he becomes president
He's got good oratory skills, some said he's in fact a teleprompter wizard grin He must have charmed you.
May the best win Sha.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by lexy2014: 12:43pm On Apr 11, 2022
DontBullshitMe:
If he couldn't influence his boss to have implemented these policies then he failed as a VP.

Theoretical promises. Little practicability.

What I expected of this man now is to safely retire to his hometown in Ogun state and then begin to grant interviews to expose the rot of governance that has persisted for so long in that Aso Rock.

If truly he had what it takes to fix this country, why didn't we see any quality semblance of development throughout his tenure as VP and almost a year he enjoyed as acting President.

Again. This man is a fraud.

You are on point. Nothing to add, nothing to remove
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Tareq1105: 12:44pm On Apr 11, 2022
Sweetplum:
What of security?
Your PR is lame. We know all your plans snitch.
See this betrayal who had a bad govt with Buhari for 8 years. Instead of going home to reflect on how bad their tenure is, he wan continue.
Hoobooboobo! Betrayal!

You must be a kid.

Do you expect him to have been fighting with his boss each time he doesn't like some actions of his boss?
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by ZEBrite: 12:44pm On Apr 11, 2022
What a rehearsal of speech.

Someone has used this agenda before. Google it.

Prof. Yo. is sharing money for something. Let the market women benefit.

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by lexy2014: 12:45pm On Apr 11, 2022
Maliqcious:
Well Osinbajo campaign promises are not bad

Same as of 2015 just different grammar

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Tareq1105: 12:48pm On Apr 11, 2022
Invitationn:

How people separates Osibanjo from the failures of this administration beats me.
Before you come with your regular 'the VP has no real power except the ones delegated to him by his boss' argument, you have to establish whether or not a VP can fail due to his own incompetence in the roles delegated to him by the president.

But if your answer is that he can't fail in those roles, then that's a new topic entirely.

This guy is the chair of the National economic council ffs! Now he's PROMISING to develop the economy when he becomes president
He's got good oratory skills, some said he's in fact a teleprompter wizard grin He must have charmed you.
May the best win Sha.

National Economic Council is an advisory body.
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by yanabasee(m): 12:52pm On Apr 11, 2022
Invitationn:

May the best win Sha.

You refused to state where he failed..... You indirectly kept that opened.... The things he did that he failed while trying...

And you also failed to mention if he excelled as the chairperson of the national economic council...

You criticized with a child's glove.. I mean, your punches are just baby punches.... Come up with something reasonable and mature....
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Invitationn: 12:53pm On Apr 11, 2022
SmartPolician:
I cannot pick out one key institutional reform this adminstration implemented. cheesy

You say you are fighting corruption, but you couldn't even strengthen the major antigraft agencies.

What we see is the old strategy of bursting into people's houses at 3am to arrest them instead of using technology and legislation to prevent financial crimes from happening - like Jonathan planned to do before he was booted out.
I agree with you that no key institutional reform took place in 8years of APC rule.
However, you goofed with the GEJ part.
Y'all are so obsessed about trying to give some undeserved credit to GEJ. Always in the same style of "he started it before he was ousted out of power".
How come he never finished anything?
It's high time you made yourself agreeable to the fact that GEJ was a failure just like the ones we have currently have.
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by 9jakool: 12:54pm On Apr 11, 2022
Number 8 is definitely a good thing, because healthcare should be subsidized so that people can afford it.

I would add electricity, security and corruption to that list.
11. Upgrade the national grid to distribute more power and reduce outages.
12. Provide adequate funding for the military and police to tackle crime.
13. Reduce pay of lawmakers and politicians. It's ridiculous that each senator currently earns more money each than the president of America. Increase transparency so that the people know where the funds are going. Create a better system of checks and balances so that salary and wages are paid accordingly in a timely manner. Hold more people accountable for bribery and corruption.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by ospido: 1:02pm On Apr 11, 2022
Theknowledge:
Realistically speaking having considered many angles to PYO presidential ambition. I can confidently say his ambition is dead on arrival.

How can you be the VP for 7years and not build a political network to outshine your Boss (Tinubu) and the funny thing he thinks primaries and elections are won on Twitter- Nobody is supporting on Twitter sef- no grassroot politics, no project to your name that you can hold on to during campaign�

He is going to pull out of the race, this I have seen- he does not have the political will for the real politics

One of the sensible comments I've seen.
It's a game plan.
He'll pull out or step down for his erstwhile boss.
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 11, 2022
Tareq1105:

You must be a kid.

Do you expect him to have been fighting with his boss each time he doesn't like some actions of his boss?
You are the kindergarten here.
Who told you to fight his boss?
Just stand for truth & be a man of the people. I asked of security achievement & you went offside. You well so?
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Emola12(m): 1:19pm On Apr 11, 2022
What of insecurity in Nigeria??
Especially bandits and Boko Haram killings in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by ClipHog: 1:21pm On Apr 11, 2022
I NO SEE SECURITY IN THE LIST

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by dadabashua1(m): 1:25pm On Apr 11, 2022
Xscape1993:
Don't make any promise that you can not fulfill for now sir. You are a good product, but your broom is bad. Wishing you all the best in your political struggle anyway.
you said the truth Sir, I have this funny feelings that he will eventually be the President, from the body language of northerners I've noticed from my experience living in the north.
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Nobody: 1:25pm On Apr 11, 2022
Same old story

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by SmartPolician: 1:27pm On Apr 11, 2022
Invitationn:

I agree with you that no key institutional reform took place in 8years of APC rule.
However, you goofed with the GEJ part.
Y'all are so obsessed about trying to give some undeserved credit to GEJ. Always in the same style of "he started it before he was ousted out of power".
How come he never finished anything?
It's high time you made yourself agreeable to the fact that GEJ was a failure just like the ones we have currently have.

GEJ was a colossal failure. Anyone who tells you otherwise is only fooling himself.

However, I mentioned him because he introduced some key reforms, including using technology to curtail institutional corruption.

This is something that I expected Buhari to continue with. That said, Nigeria has just wanted 8 years in Buhari.
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 11, 2022
zoedew:

BY BEHIND THE SCENE IS MEANT WITHIN HIS CONSTITUTIONALLY STATED ROLES. HE HAS PERFORMED WELL IN THOSE ROLES. THE MOVES AT ENHANCING THE EASE OF DOING BUSINESS IN NIGERIA HAS RECEIVED INTERNATIONAL ACCLAIM EVEN IN THE BAD BUSINESS CLIMATE IN NIGERIA TRACEABLE TO INSECURITY AND LACK OF STABLE POWER SUPPLY. IT MUST BE BORNE IN MIND THAT POLICY DECISIONS ARE THAT OF THE PRESIDENT ALONE.

Okay.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Invitationn: 2:03pm On Apr 11, 2022
SmartPolician:

GEJ was a colossal failure. Anyone who tells you otherwise is only fooling himself.

However, I mentioned him because he introduced some key reforms, including using technology to curtail institutional corruption.

This is something that I expected Buhari to continue with. That said, Nigeria has just wanted 8 years in Buhari.
Yeah bro. How many more '8years' are we gonna waste? We don't really understand how 8years is to the nearest ten is a decade.
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Invitationn: 2:07pm On Apr 11, 2022
Tareq1105:

National Economic Council is an advisory body.
So?
His recommendations are not implemented?
His advice fell on deaf ears??
Why hasn't he said anything. Why hasn't he resigned?
You are just being deliberately presumptuous.
Let Osibanjo come out to tell us his recommendations were ignored.
Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by BOYS2MEN: 2:07pm On Apr 11, 2022
OSHI-BA-NJO gettaat!!!...security nor even folo for your fake promise that is to say security problem never get solution yet....

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: 10 Promises Osinbajo Made To Nigerians In Declaration Speech by Invitationn: 2:18pm On Apr 11, 2022
yanabasee:

You refused to state where he failed..... You indirectly kept that opened.... The things he did that he failed while trying...

And you also failed to mention if he excelled as the chairperson of the national economic council...

You criticized with a child's glove.. I mean, your punches are just baby punches.... Come up with something reasonable and mature....
Well, my submission is straight enough to people who are objective.
If you find it indirect, it's because you read it via some sentimental lenses.
I know for sure that you got my point.
You should come up with something 'reasonable and mature' to counter my 'baby punches'.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FG Stops Paying The School Fees Of N’delta Students In Foreign Universities / Femi Fani-Kayode's Son Rocks Agbada (Photos) / I Am Sorry For Leaving My Daughter - Baby Daddy Pleads With Chioma Success Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.