Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,193 members, 7,957,454 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:54 PM

Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? (1597 Views)

Why Does Ladies Gives Guys Socks / Singlet / Boxers To Men For Their Birthdays? / "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady / 3 nairalander's are celebrating their birthdays today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by CandyOps(m): 5:20pm On Apr 11, 2022
So today's my birthday and I've noticed I don't like 'celebrating' it. I turned off the usual Facebook birthday reminder so I don't get bugged and pressured to reply to hundreds of strangers or people I barely talk with

Growing up we didn't really celebrate birthdays outside our small nuclear family. It's either we sang ourselves the Happy Birthday song and ate a small cake and that was it.

I don't like being the centre of attention and don't like the fake enthusiasm and smiles I have to put up when a distant relative or old friend whom you only talk to once a year (prolly during Christmas) calls you out of the blues.

As for throwing a party to celebrate it, phew! I'll prolly never do that... At least not in my next 3 lifetimes. I just can't knock off the feeling that it's just not worth the stress.

Maybe it's because I didn't grow up celebrating it or its just me being introverted. I rather celebrate it with a few close friendsand family over dinner and drink than throw a party.

Does anyone else feel the same way or am I just a weirdo?

13 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by Hezzyluv: 5:20pm On Apr 11, 2022
Lol...

Most times, it's MTN or Banks that do remaind me of my birthday. grin

To me, ntin too special about birthday. Because, everyday is a plus. I should b happy and grateful to God for each day.

13 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by Simplelion: 5:21pm On Apr 11, 2022
yes ooooo
Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by Jeon(f): 5:23pm On Apr 11, 2022
yes...

I just buy gifts for those in need.
Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by Biodundimeji(m): 5:25pm On Apr 11, 2022
Mine is today too
Na my friend remind me say I dey celebrate birthday today grin grin
No time for party.... Na money and success dey my mind cool cool
Happy birthday smiley smiley

8 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by CandyOps(m): 5:25pm On Apr 11, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Lol...

Most times, it's MTN or Banks that do remaind me of my birthday. grin

I swear down. I woke up having this feeling that something was supposed to happen today but it didn't register... Not until Nairaland, Access bank, First bank and others sent in their automated birthday wishes

4 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by CandyOps(m): 5:27pm On Apr 11, 2022
Biodundimeji:
Mine is today too
Na my friend remind me say I dey celebrate birthday today grin grin
No time for party.... Na money and success dey my mind cool cool

Happy birthday to us! How old are we now? grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by Amely: 5:28pm On Apr 11, 2022
Want to wish your kiddies happy birthday, but find standard cards too boring? I have just found the way out! Look at these fantastic cards with your portait printed on a marshmallow on this site https://boomf.com/cards/birthday/30th-birthday-cards ! This is why we've produced a range of birthday cards for you to send to your child each year starting from age 10 up until age 20.
Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by Hezzyluv: 5:29pm On Apr 11, 2022
CandyOps:

I swear down. I woke up having this feeling that something was supposed to happen today but it didn't register... Not until Nairaland, Access bank, First bank and others sent in their automated birthday wishes

Lol....
When hustling mode activated, no time to check time. grin

#Birthday

2 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by Zee0007: 5:30pm On Apr 11, 2022
Hand raised. I am always broke on my bday. I don't know why. I take the day as one of those normal days.

My bday is this week sha. Still broke! cry

3 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by Hector09(m): 5:36pm On Apr 11, 2022
Thank God I'm not walking alone....in fact I hate anything that we attract unnecessary attention

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by Crizzycross: 6:06pm On Apr 11, 2022
You must be a staunch member of JEHOVAH WITNESS
Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by Southernigbo: 6:09pm On Apr 11, 2022
Jeon:
yes...

I just buy gifts for those in need.
so we should never wish u happy birthday or even buy u gifts?
Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by mitchelle16(f): 6:10pm On Apr 11, 2022
It’s simple you are an introvert

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 11, 2022
There Is nothing special abt birthday's undecided

I hate celebrating it or someone trying to celebrate it for me...I'd be like who send you grin

4 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by Premiumwriter: 6:14pm On Apr 11, 2022
I dey 4get my birthday sha
Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by Orgasmgiver123(m): 6:17pm On Apr 11, 2022
Thank God oh
I thought mine was a sickness or mental order. Its not like i hate the fact that i was born oh, i just wish they forgot the date so anyone won’t disturb my life with birthday wishes. My birthday is this month too, i better turn off all notifications so i can sleep anyhow that day.

Last year, one idiot told almost everyone in our department that it was my birthday, nasty mfs come dey pursue me with water.

Everybody up there just dey lie say say them dry forget their birthday, na wah oh

Damn... nasty... I’m out of here

5 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:29pm On Apr 11, 2022
CandyOps:
So today's my birthday and I've noticed I don't like 'celebrating' it. I turned off the usual Facebook birthday reminder so I don't get bugged and pressured to reply to hundreds of strangers or people I barely talk with

Growing up we didn't really celebrate birthdays outside our small nuclear family. It's either we sang ourselves the Happy Birthday song and ate a small cake and that was it.

I don't like being the centre of attention and don't like the fake enthusiasm and smiles I have to put up when a distant relative or old friend whom you only talk to once a year (prolly during Christmas) calls you out of the blues.

As for throwing a party to celebrate it, phew! I'll prolly never do that... At least not in my next 3 lifetimes. I just can't knock off the feeling that it's just not worth the stress.

Maybe it's because I didn't grow up celebrating it or its just me being introverted. I rather celebrate it with a few close friendsand family over dinner and drink than throw a party.

you ain't wierd,am like that too,I really hate being the centre of attraction.i have never put my face on my whatsapp dp,I like lowkey things.its just my nature.i might soon change my WhatsApp line sef.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:30pm On Apr 11, 2022
CandyOps:

you ain't wierd,am like that too,I really hate being the centre of attraction.i have never put my face on my whatsapp dp,I like lowkey things.its just my nature.i hate people to pretend, fake smile and wishes.i might soon change my WhatsApp line sef.

3 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by ThatsONYI: 6:33pm On Apr 11, 2022
shocked

Me too, before now, I thought I was abnormal and crazy; I recently turned 20 and I didn't tell no one.

My big cousin whom I squash with, was really surprised and starting thinking the other way because I didn't tell him that day was my birthday. Though I did, but didn't keep ringing it in everyone's ears.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by 2ndchildhood(m): 6:41pm On Apr 11, 2022
With passion, esp as a 9Jerian. Because each time it comes up, I always ask "why wer we created in the first place?, What is the meaning of our existence?". Haba! like say we come diz life come hustle for money till we kpai.. as if make this world just end make everybody find their level abeg..
Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by charlesdinho7(m): 7:08pm On Apr 11, 2022
today being 11th of april IS MY BIRTHDAY and i dont see anything special about it. even my family members dont know today is my birthday. i have never celebrated my birthday for once. i just dont feel anything special about it. we pray for long life and prosperity, amen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by CandyOps(m): 7:44pm On Apr 11, 2022
charlesdinho7:
today being 11th of april IS MY BIRTHDAY and i dont see anything special about it. even my family members dont know today is my birthday. i have never celebrated my birthday for once. i just dont feel anything special about it. we pray for long life and prosperity, amen

We should form a support group or something. And by the way, Happy Birthday to us! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by Blunttruth: 9:14pm On Apr 11, 2022
Yes I do. Especially because it reminds I am getting older and yet to achieve certain things I had wanted to achieve by that age.
Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 11, 2022
Hmm. I think we April born fellas don't like attention. Reading through the comments here It's like y'all are a reflection of me.
Maybe this horoscope stuff is real. What do they call us again? Aries? undecided
Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by Bashnigga(m): 10:22pm On Apr 11, 2022
We are so much alike, did same thing u did on fb. Only prefer bday wishes from family members
Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by SeaTrade(m): 11:48pm On Apr 11, 2022
Have never celebrated it,never announced it and it means nothing to me.
Brings issues from time to time with my dates cos they find it absurd that I don't acknowledge birthdays,theirs and mine.
Just how I grew up,nothing else.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by Connected1: 12:25am On Apr 12, 2022
I only remember younger sister's birthday because she was born on Valentine's day and the birthday of any girl I date.

I remembered my birthday this year though because I was having issues with my girlfriend.

Other than that I don't remember anyone's birthday including myself nor do I celebrate to draw attention. I just do it low-key for the person or myself once those financial institutions remember me.

Later in the day I will just sit down and drink one or two, eat fruits like a normal day but I know it's not an ordinary day.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by raysplashinfo(m): 4:45am On Apr 12, 2022
I thought I was the only one having such mindset. I do sees my birthday as a normal day. I've so many friends who knows my birthday date off hand , maybe because I was a very popular personality in my society.

This year is the first time I ever cut a cake for my birthday and have some pie and drinks given to few people , courtesy of my Ex-Girlfriend(genotype issue)..

It seems we April born don't loves to celebrate birthday.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 5:33am On Apr 12, 2022
Am April too,April 29th
Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by Shadysen: 6:12am On Apr 12, 2022
What's really good about birthdays, a day u came into this evil world to suffer and still die eventually huh? Still don't know where u are going, if I tell u that I don't hate this life then am lying.
Re: Does Anyone Else Hate Celebrating Their Birthdays? by Biodundimeji(m): 9:47am On Apr 12, 2022
CandyOps:

Happy birthday to us! How old are we now? grin cheesy
I hate remembering my age, because I think I've not achieve what some people achieved when they were within my age range

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pre-wedding Photo Of Two Nairalander (picture attached) / Some Of Your Favorite Artists As A Cat (photos) / Will I Find Another Girl Like Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.