Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy (43268 Views)

Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy / Just Bought This New Puppy / Petlanders .... Say Hello To My New Puppy.. Pet Dog... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by Dorwadora(f): 9:58pm On Apr 16, 2022
Imbecilicsamuel:

That person that is telling you to beat your pet is not normal.

Maybe you should watch YouTube videos on how to Train your pet to pee on the right spot.

At the bolded...loool grin

grin grin my room was in a great mess when I made this thread last week.... Had to pack up my rug to a carwash so that I can breath fresh air grin grin.... But now it's getting better grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by adedayo3193(m): 10:00pm On Apr 16, 2022
Cook and eat it and rest

but you deactivated your account yesterday
Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by lexy2014: 10:00pm On Apr 16, 2022
Dorwadora:
On the contrary, I have time to invest on my pets... I'm a student. I just gats this love for cats, it's natural. The way they ignore me elegantly always make me laugh. Their sleek body and their whining meows grin grin grin....

I was once called a witch by Ikillbrokebitch because I said I own a black cat grin grin grin grin.

But dogs, I'm new to them, I don't know anything about them and they are not as intelligent as cats. My dog Daisy is still not answering her name tho she reacts to noise and signs.

I've been advised not to own a cat after the previous one were poisoned to avoid people's superstitious opinion. I would have just gotten another set after my mourning month angry angry angry. And yes I always follow her in after opening the door then pick her up to help her urinate in her sand bowl... I'm not giving her out .... She's a cute soul.

You say "I don't know anything about dogs" but still went on to conclude that "they (dogs) are not as intelligent as cats."

If u don't know ANYTHING about dogs, how then did you arrive at your conclusion?
Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by Dorwadora(f): 10:00pm On Apr 16, 2022
Eaglesence:

Where is your location please. I can buy her from you as i am a puppy lover grin

There is a way to stop her from messing up your apartment. I don't remember now but google it. I think it is spraying vinegar and something else in the area she poos and wees. She wont come close next time and will rather do her stuff outside.
Yeah I read that up too... The vinegar and water solution or lemon solution.... I've done the lemon own... Not sure it's effective
Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by Katier00(f): 10:01pm On Apr 16, 2022
Doncolidon:
You're welcome my dear, glad I could help.
I know you'd be tempted to spank her anytime she pees or poos inside, I've been there, but trust me that's not the best way to get her to act right, heed not to such idea/suggestion. Besides she's still very much younger a puppy you know, c'mon now...

Anytime she mistakenly pees or poos inside just loudly and sternly say NO! (Not necessarily shouting per se)
Then carry her outside to where you intended her to do it instead. However believe me, if you pay close attention to her you'd know once she's pressed and wants to relieve herself. And also if you'd keep to the schedule regarding her potty break like I suggested to you earlier, you'll not have such accidents (although not completely eliminated b'cos she's still very much younger).
My girl whines or sniffs around restlessly anytime she's pressed and she can't go outside to do it. She even barks out at me if I'm not paying attention, however she's much older than yours. Even though mine is older than your pup accidents do happen still (pee anyway, but never poo). Reason I asked you to give yours some time, she's doing great already.
Keep it up, e no easy with puppies honestly. They're like whinny little babies.. Lol
all these for a dog? Una no get problem
Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by Eaglesence: 10:01pm On Apr 16, 2022
WoundedLamb:
Lol... I believe those ancient gods called cats are for people who like animals but maybe not well enough to invest in them or just don't have the time to. They're so independent and yet very entertaining. Dogs, on the other hand, are little babies that always require your attention and validation regardless of thier age.

My love for animals would probably not let me see anything wrong with your dog. But that aside, it appears you have a highly trainable one. The fact that it can hold its pee till it locates a convenient location is already a plus. Intelligent animals with a lot of personality are always a handful but with the right handling, could be very rewarding. When it comes to training animals, positive reinforcement never fails. It's a good thing you've learned the dog's pattern/body language. Use that to your advantage. Pay attention to know when it's about to pee, take it outside and stay with it till it does that. Then offer it some treat, praise and play with it. Do this for some time, and you'd be amazed how fast he'd learn.

I have a lot of pets including two different species of parrots and, I can tell you dogs are the easiest to train simply because of thier desire to impress us. But then again, if you realise you just can't handle the puppy, please give to someone who can for the sake of you both. smiley

Well said. Your engrish pure no be small grin
Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by Dorwadora(f): 10:02pm On Apr 16, 2022
lexy2014:

You say "I don't know anything about dogs" but still went on to conclude that "they (dogs) are not as intelligent as cats."

If u don't know ANYTHING about dogs, how then did you arrive at your conclusion?
Sincerely I don't know... I just came up with the conclusion from my observations and comparison of dogs and cats... I'm reading my puppy like a textbook lately...
Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by Mikespecialone(m): 10:02pm On Apr 16, 2022
Na local dog jor
Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by Laturuturu: 10:02pm On Apr 16, 2022
Dorwadora:
Good evening everyone.

The problem is that my new puppy is been too problematical. I just can't manage her. Recently someone gifted me the puppy(2 weeks old) after someone at my hostel poisoned my 2 cats angry angry angry. I really don't have any idea on how to take care of a dog as I am a cat lover.

She a month now and I've noticed that anytime she wants to urinate, she'll hold the urine till I open my door then she'll run in, sniff around and urinate on my rug. Same thing with her poo. She's too demanding, she always want to be on the bed with me so I lock her out on the veranda whenever I want to sleep in the night but in the midnight, she'll scratch my door endlessly, whining and barking ( Her barking is still faint) till I open the door for her then she'll run inside and urinate. My room is smelling like.....eweeh angry angry angry

My cats were not like that... I made a sand bowl for them to urinate and poo and they co-operated with me. Someone advised me to start beating her for her to learn but I hate beating pets ..... Please I need advice on what to do.

Her picture below.... And I need someone to help me identify her breed. Thanks

Bought cat in a market

Tie her down for two days so she will get accustomed to the new environment..... Lossen her on the third day. She ran away the fourth day.
How can I train cat

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by Samsonklin(m): 10:02pm On Apr 16, 2022
Dorwadora:
Your dog sure look cute sir.... So cute kiss undecided
Thanks Chief. I'm actually a first timer with English breed. I hope I get it right lol
Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by Damiflow: 10:03pm On Apr 16, 2022
Cook and eat it and rest
Una no go kill person for this NL
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by Eaglesence: 10:04pm On Apr 16, 2022
Dorwadora:
Yeah I read that up too... The vinegar and water solution or lemon solution.... I've done the lemon own... Not sure it's effective

Oh, try again. Maybe you should make it thicker angry
Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by Dorwadora(f): 10:05pm On Apr 16, 2022
Mikespecialone:
Na local dog jor
Someone helped me to check and said she's not a Rarehunter(Ekuke)..... What do I even know sef undecided undecided
Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by Dorwadora(f): 10:05pm On Apr 16, 2022
Eaglesence:

Oh, try again. Maybe you should make it thicker angry
Yes ma... I will when I get my rug back.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by TamaraVelis: 10:05pm On Apr 16, 2022
Sell it den.
Am Interested
Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by Le2money(m): 10:06pm On Apr 16, 2022
Dogs are very easy to train.....take for example...here in UK or mostly in abroad, immediately they wake up in the morning, they take their dogs for a walk while they have this dog rope on their neck....they allow them to move freely until it's a perfect time for them to pee and poo....whenever they poo, u pack it with a nylon and dispose them off.....same things goes for evening walk too so dey could pee and poo for for u are getting them ready for sleep.....so, invest ur time with her as no animal will open it mouth to tell you "Sister, I want to pee or poo" grin grin grin

Dorwadora:
Good evening everyone.

The problem is that my new puppy is been too problematical. I just can't manage her. Recently someone gifted me the puppy(2 weeks old) after someone at my hostel poisoned my 2 cats angry angry angry. I really don't have any idea on how to take care of a dog as I am a cat lover.

She a month now and I've noticed that anytime she wants to urinate, she'll hold the urine till I open my door then she'll run in, sniff around and urinate on my rug. Same thing with her poo. She's too demanding, she always want to be on the bed with me so I lock her out on the veranda whenever I want to sleep in the night but in the midnight, she'll scratch my door endlessly, whining and barking ( Her barking is still faint) till I open the door for her then she'll run inside and urinate. My room is smelling like.....eweeh angry angry angry

My cats were not like that... I made a sand bowl for them to urinate and poo and they co-operated with me. Someone advised me to start beating her for her to learn but I hate beating pets ..... Please I need advice on what to do.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by mozona(m): 10:07pm On Apr 16, 2022
na oyinbo dog, u have to train it how you want.

well na ur problem no be our own.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by Dorwadora(f): 10:08pm On Apr 16, 2022
Crusadee:
2 weeks old is too young to take her away from her mother, will hardly survive
The day she got to me here from IFO... I also complained that she's too young but they said she's not.... She was panting and shivering.... I nutured her with warm milk.... Cheese ball and wheat bread deeped inside milk....

I swear to God I'm taking care of her

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by merits(m): 10:11pm On Apr 16, 2022
Wizpa:
I do not waste time on beeches anymore, I go straight to the point.

I gave her 5k Eventually for all night knacking grin

She fine as fvck and her nyansh big die! cheesy

Didnt post this to brag or anything, posted this so you know that girls dont fvkking care about love or relationship no matter how beautiful she is., observe her and price her well even if she ain't a prostitute. If she likes you, she will fvck you for the right price undecided

Guy you be alpha male, you don't need all this na.Your problem with your girlfriend did'nt concerned us here.Bringing up this kind of things here look childish, she 4uk up and you treat her 4uk up is none of our business because nobody asked you.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by Goztino(m): 10:13pm On Apr 16, 2022
Dorwadora:
On the contrary, I have time to invest on my pets... I'm a student. I just gats this love for cats, it's natural. The way they ignore me elegantly always make me laugh. Their sleek body and their whining meows grin grin grin....

I was once called a witch by Ikillbrokebitch because I said I own a black cat grin grin grin grin.

But dogs, I'm new to them, I don't know anything about them and they are not as intelligent as cats. My dog Daisy is still not answering her name tho she reacts to noise and signs.

I've been advised not to own a cat after the previous one were poisoned to avoid people's superstitious opinion. I would have just gotten another set after my mourning month angry angry angry. And yes I always follow her in after opening the door then pick her up to help her urinate in her sand bowl... I'm not giving her out .... She's a cute soul.

Why would someone poison someone's pet?
Some people are evil

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by psalm1man(m): 10:16pm On Apr 16, 2022
A first time dog owner.. My own too showed me shege.

A lot has been said already. Just make sure you clean the house with a cleaner with strong smell (Dettol for instance). They pick the same scent of poo and urine to get a clue of where to do the business. So you need to rid the living room of that smell.

Dogs are animal of habit. Try to get a pattern. Wen you up in the morning, take it to where you want it to do the do. Wait until its done.. Then praise her or give her a treat.

Puppies poo and urinate a lot. So you might want to repeat almost after she eats, drinks or play hard.

Pay attention to her... She will give you signs wen it's time. She might move in circle or stare at you �.

She will outgrow it sha, just be patient with her. I almost sold mine after a week �. But now, shes all adorable

7 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by Mikespecialone(m): 10:16pm On Apr 16, 2022
Dorwadora:
The day she got to me here from IFO... I also complained that she's too young but they said she's not.... She was panting and shivering.... I nutured her with warm milk.... Cheese ball and wheat bread deeped inside milk....

I swear to God I'm taking care of her

Na local dog u Dey pamper like dis , 5 to 6 from now , u no go wan make she near u atall , if u like self carry ham go Dubai local dog Na local dog �

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by Dorwadora(f): 10:20pm On Apr 16, 2022
Goztino:

Why would someone poison someone's pet?
Some people are evil
It actually caused a big issue at my hostel.... I cry tire... They've been with me since 2018... My best companions but they had plenty enemies. I don't even know how they got poisoned but they were poisoned

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:35pm On Apr 16, 2022
Go online and read stuff about dogs but then let me help you a little.
The puppy is too young to be away from the mother. The onwer giver should have kept it for at least 2months Before giving it out. There are somethings puppies learn from their mother too
Now, each time you give your puppy food, once they finish eating and drinking water, take her to Where you want her to poo and tell her to poo and pee. Speak to her they usually hear and learn.
It's also still too young to be sleepy out in the cold cos it might fall sick and die. It's still too tender. I had mine in the house with me for 6months even though I already built a house for her.
Pgive her basic commands like, out, sit no, eat, sit. Anything you teach her now is what she will learn.
Having a puppy is like having a baby, puppies pee often cos their blader is still too small and gets filled up real quick. Get her a collar of her size and a leash. Whenever you are not going to be around, confine her to a particular place to avoid her chewing up your things. Or messing the who house op. Of you want her to be using your toilet take her there when you want her to poo or pee .
From when my puppy was 4months, i never had to clean urine or poo. She knows where to poo and pee. Then I would take her to her house in the morning when I was going oit and then open the door for her to join me in the main house when I come back. And then she will sleep in the dining. I made a bed for her around the dining side and she got used to it. Once i turn of the lights she goes there to lie down though sometimes she wants to join me in my room so i would chain her to table so she doesn't move around. And she would never pee inside the house till morning when I open the door for her. You will do a lot of talking cos sometimes they don't care are too tired to care for them.
The good thing about it is that they appreciate with kisses. My dog is 13 months and sometimr i let her into the main house and she will respect herself and locate and chair to seat on. I even let her way here watch cartoons and sometimes she will sit at one side of the kitchen and watch me cook of wash. We don't fight over her picking up things again. She will just sniff and move.
Right now o miss her puppybood cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:39pm On Apr 16, 2022
Dorwadora:
It actually caused a big issue at my hostel.... I cry tire... They've been with me since 2018... My best companions but they had plenty enemies. I don't even know how they got poisoned but they were poisoned
If you live alone please don't let your puppy out unsupervised. She's still too little to go on her own. You need to be her protector for now so that she can protect you when it's her turn. Get a small cage to lock her up when you are not around or a leash do chain her to the bed or table or anything to prevent her from tasting what she should not taste.
Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by awulio(f): 10:40pm On Apr 16, 2022
Firstly who ever gave you a 2 week old puppy is mad. A dog needs to stay with its mother for atleast 8 weeks so that it learns certain things.

Secondly you in for more problems. Because puppy's are like human babies. Their first year on the earth is very problematic. At one month that's their easiest phase. Soon you will go through the teething phase 3 months to 7 months. This phase she will chew and bite everyone and thing she sees. Then you will go through the real barking phase age 5 months to 12 months. They will barl constantly because that's when their voice gets strong.

It takes a dog a year to be fully potty trained. What you need to do is take your puppy outside to piss every 2 hours then give her a treat everytime she pees in the right place. This allows her to know that she will get rewarded for the good behavior. Let her play inside your room after peeing and pooping outside. Clean your room with disinfectant. Dogs sense of smell is very good so they can smell where they peed before and tend to go back and pee there. I don't know if you can buy a potty pad and put it in your room. It allows the dog to pee on the pad and then u can thrash it.

Your dog crying at night is because of separation anxiety. If possible buy a crate and let your dog sleep inside your room with you.

Finally u need to train your dog. Puppy's need lots of training during their first 12 months . Goodluck

Dorwadora:
Good evening everyone.

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by Dorwadora(f): 10:46pm On Apr 16, 2022
MISSCONGENIALITY:
If you live alone please don't let your puppy out unsupervised. She's still too little to go on her own. You need to be her protector for now so that she can protect you when it's her turn. Get a small cage to lock her up when you are not around or a leash do chain her to the bed or table or anything to prevent her from tasting what she should not taste.
She has been a good girl now... She's not staying with me in the day for now since I started work... I gave her to someone who take care of her in the day then we sleep together in the night. I've learnt my lesson now, I'm the only one who feeds her...

Getting her a cage for now is not right for her. Ekiti is a very cold place and because of her age sleeping outside in a cage is not right... She needs warmth.. She either sleep in the kitchen, room or the veranda (it's well covered).... Thanks for your advice ma.... They are very detailed.
Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:46pm On Apr 16, 2022
Le2money:
Dogs are very easy to train.....take for example...here in UK or mostly in abroad, immediately they wake up in the morning, they take their dogs for a walk while they have this dog rope on their neck....they allow them to move freely until it's a perfect time for them to pee and poo....whenever they poo, u pack it with a nylon and dispose them off.....same things goes for evening walk too so dey could pee and poo for for u are getting them ready for sleep.....so, invest ur time with her as no animal will open it mouth to tell you "Sister, I want to pee or poo" grin grin grin

That's it. Toilet training is very important. They will know where to poo. Mines will not even pee while playt at my neighbor's compound till you take her home. There was a day I took her to play with my neighbor's dogs just to reduce the too much energy in her, she played so much and started looking for where to pee, she sniffed up and done and couldn't pee Soni took her home to pee. Immediately i opened the gate, she rashed to go and pee where she usually does it. And then wanted us to go back to my neighbor's house and I told her no way.
They are very interesting

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by RoyalTerrorist(m): 10:49pm On Apr 16, 2022
The best advice you received was "beat" that's the only way a dog will take discipline from the owner. There is a dog in our house, there is a section that the dog knows that's where he will poo. For three days he has been pooing front of the house, I gave him serious beatings on Thursday, since then he has gone back to his normal position. Beat him and talk he will listen and understand, show him the poo and beat him, take him to where you want him to be doing it, instruct him, bring him back to the poo and beat him, take him back and instruct him again. They are 'animals' so you will need some level of coercion, and attention put together. Mind you I'm the only one who beats that dog because I give the guy attention, feeding and bathing, play included. If you are beating him he will know when he's wrong, and learn to praise him when he impresses you.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by lolaxavier(m): 10:51pm On Apr 16, 2022
Chat me up on WhatsApp +2348052108655. I can give you tips on how to train the puppy and you will get to love the change in behavior in no time. Don't sell or give it out.
Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by Presh93: 10:51pm On Apr 16, 2022
Cook and eat it and rest
grin grin grin grin
Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by Nma75: 10:51pm On Apr 16, 2022
Just take your time and train her. She will change but need patient. Please how can I get one? I need it urgently.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

9 Unique Dog Breeds U May Never Come Across / Dog Eats Lady's Phd Certificate (Photos) / My Dog Is Reacting To Something. HELP!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.