Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy - Pets (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy (43253 Views)

Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy / Just Bought This New Puppy / Petlanders .... Say Hello To My New Puppy.. Pet Dog... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by Zolyjagorr(m): 6:33pm On Apr 19, 2022
omohayek:

Yawn. More fetid drivel slobbering from the rancid jaws of a rabid beast.

You already know your resting place... Illitrate like u... Olodo with your illitrate stupid children, that's how u will leave your children to spoil and have no home training because you will be dead before you even start taking care of dem! Go DIE!!
Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by jikins(m): 8:48pm On Apr 19, 2022
Dorwadora:
Thank you so much sir... I'll try to be more patient with her. Tho already I made a crib for her.... A duvet and a pillow, she love the pillow alot and I make sure to disinfect the veranda every weekend because she's very picky about where she stay.... I've learnt alot now sir.... Thanks so much.

I'll also like to ask, I've was told to beat her anytime she urinate or poo inside.... Is it a good idea at all.

If you beat her she will think you don't like her peeing or taking a dump in front of you. She will start hiding to do her business. When she knows you not looking she will quickly let it rip.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by jikins(m): 8:52pm On Apr 19, 2022
Dorwadora:
Yeah I read that up too... The vinegar and water solution or lemon solution.... I've done the lemon own... Not sure it's effective

You have to clean where she pee or poo seriously if you don't want her to go back. Get strong cleaning agents like hypo. Because dogs nose are powerful, if she smells pee in that area she go back there to pee

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by omohayek: 9:50am On Apr 20, 2022
Zolyjagorr:

You already know your resting place... Illitrate like u... Olodo with your illitrate stupid children, that's how u will leave your children to spoil and have no home training because you will be dead before you even start taking care of dem! Go DIE!!
The rabid dog continues to bark mindlessly, pleading for passersby to give it the thrashing it craves so urgently ... It must be hell to live with rabies like you do, so hopefully someone will soon come along to put you out of your misery. In the meantime stay in your cage and keep on ranting and raving like the miserable mangy mutt you are.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by Zolyjagorr(m): 9:05pm On Apr 20, 2022
omohayek:

The rabid dog continues to bark mindlessly, pleading for passersby to give it the thrashing it craves so urgently ... It must be hell to live with rabies like you do, so hopefully someone will soon come along to put you out of your misery. In the meantime stay in your cage and keep on ranting and raving like the miserable mangy mutt you are.

Your a Bastard illiterate!! Olodo no go feed your dog, u wey no get better job u dey follow me talk!! Your dead! Olodo! Your children & unborn children are dogs that feed from faeces! I'm not in misery! You are the one in misery! Because I advised u on how to train your dog & u insulted my children, so u are in misery & that misery is not letting you think straight,if u get 1 head. Drop your location and your pictures & expect me! Bastard I'll personally pull u out of your misery foolish idiot illiterate
Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by omohayek: 8:48am On Apr 21, 2022
Zolyjagorr:

Your a Bastard illiterate!! Olodo no go feed your dog, u wey no get better job u dey follow me talk!! Your dead! Olodo! Your children & unborn children are dogs that feed from faeces! I'm not in misery! You are the one in misery! Because I advised u on how to train your dog & u insulted my children, so u are in misery & that misery is not letting you think straight,if u get 1 head. Drop your location and your pictures & expect me! Bastard I'll personally pull u out of your misery foolish idiot illiterate
Bingo is still foaming at the mouth rabidly ... too bad no one has come to put you down so you can stop inflicting your misery on others.
Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by folarin238: 9:32am On Apr 21, 2022
come and sell the dog for me, i will manage her
Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by Zolyjagorr(m): 11:19am On Apr 21, 2022
UV
omohayek:

Bingo is still foaming at the mouth rabidly ... too bad no one has come to put you down so you can stop inflicting your misery on others.

Your father, your mother, your children & unborn children are the dogs you refuse to train... Idiot. Mumu go about in real life to insult peoples family first let's see if they don't kill you or beat u to stupor, mumu here u are talking of misery! You are the miserable foolish idiot
Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by lexy2014: 4:49pm On Apr 21, 2022
Dorwadora:
Sincerely I don't know... I just came up with the conclusion from my observations and comparison of dogs and cats... I'm reading my puppy like a textbook lately...

How many times have you seen cats lead the blind, sniff out bombs, put their lives on the line for their owners or mourn when their owners die?
Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by Danyyyyyyyyyyy: 7:06pm On Apr 22, 2022
WoundedLamb:
Lol... I believe those ancient gods called cats are for people who like animals but maybe not well enough to invest in them or just don't have the time to. They're so independent and yet very entertaining. Dogs, on the other hand, are little babies that always require your attention and validation regardless of thier age.

My love for animals would probably not let me see anything wrong with your dog. But that aside, it appears you have a highly trainable one. The fact that it can hold its pee till it locates a convenient location is already a plus. Intelligent animals with a lot of personality are always a handful but with the right handling, could be very rewarding. When it comes to training animals, positive reinforcement never fails. It's a good thing you've learned the dog's pattern/body language. Use that to your advantage. Pay attention to know when it's about to pee, take it outside and stay with it till it does that. Then offer it some treat, praise and play with it. Do this for some time, and you'd be amazed how fast he'd learn.

I have a lot of pets including two different species of parrots, and I can tell you dogs are the easiest to train simply because of thier desire to impress us. But then again, if you realise you just can't handle the puppy, please give to someone who can for the sake of you both. smiley

Hi , I don't know if you're a man or a woman but i would like to know you
Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by Teymanhenry(f): 9:14am On Dec 27, 2022
Dorwadora:
Thank you so much sir... I'll try to be more patient with her. Tho already I made a crib for her.... A duvet and a pillow, she love the pillow alot and I make sure to disinfect the veranda every weekend because she's very picky about where she stay.... I've learnt alot now sir.... Thanks so much.

I'll also like to ask, I've was told to beat her anytime she urinate or poo inside.... Is it a good idea at all.

He'll no, shell get scared of you and begin to run away when she sees you. And time she wants to pee, take her to where you want her to pee and wait for it. When she's done bring her back. Do that for let's say 10 times and you'll be amazed how shell grasp the pattern
Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by Primacy3364: 10:48pm On Dec 28, 2022
She will soon change it because she is still small
Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by Greenkim(f): 1:56pm On Jan 01, 2023
[quote author=WoundedLamb post=111862387]Lol... I believe those ancient gods called cats are for people who like animals but maybe not well enough to invest in them or just don't have the time to. They're so independent and yet very entertaining. Dogs, on the other hand, are little babies that always require your attention and validation regardless of thier age.

My love for animals would probably not let me see anything wrong with your dog. But that aside, it appears you have a highly trainable one. The fact that it can hold its pee till it locates a convenient location is already a plus. Intelligent animals with a lot of personality are always a handful but with the right handling, could be very rewarding. When it comes to training animals, positive reinforcement never fails. It's a good thing you've learned the dog's pattern/body language. Use that to your advantage. Pay attention to know when it's about to pee, take it outside and stay with it till it does that. Then offer it some treat, praise and play with it. Do this for some time, and you'd be amazed how fast he'd learn.

I have a lot of pets including two different species of parrots, and I can tell you dogs are the easiest to train simply because of thier desire to impress us. But then again, if you realise you just can't handle the puppy, please give to someone who can for the sake of you both. smiley[ pls do you know how to train rabbits on badic things like using a sand bowl to pop.]
Re: Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy by halimalfoy: 4:35pm On Jan 11, 2023
Hmm. Well, as a first-time owner of a dog, taking care of a puppy can be hard. They're like little, fast, mobile babies; they need care and love, and they like to be swaddled and cuddled with affection and attention. So please, do refrain from beating the puppy; he/she doesn't know any better and beating him/her will only lead to them developing some sort of negative trait (like being overly fearful or anxious whenever you come close) that will affect them even as a full grown dog. Rather, potty train your puppy: create a schedule for them to follow. Feed them at certain times, and wait about two-three hours and take them out to a designated spot for them to relieve themselves. This will make it much easier for you to track their poop-times and for them to know the right place(s) to run to when they need to do their bathroom business.
You can check out this article for more information: https://dulhamvetclinic.com/a-complete-guide-on-puppy-care-for-first-time-owners/

Puppies are very different from cats but I have a feeling your puppy will grow on you, haha. Wishing you the very best of luck!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

9 Unique Dog Breeds U May Never Come Across / Dog Eats Lady's Phd Certificate (Photos) / My Dog Is Reacting To Something. HELP!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.