Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? (10874 Views)

What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? / What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? / What Its Mean To Acquire Higher Degree Time Wasting Or What? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by lanre4411(m): 12:43pm On Apr 13, 2022
Hard working means been able to pay your bills conveniently with living a good life
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Microsports: 12:43pm On Apr 13, 2022
the woman is hardworking,it isnt easy to prepare meals for customers and still serve food from morning till night
I have a Lenovo laptop for sale(8gb 500hdd core i7 good ba3 life,very neat price is 120k location is owerri
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by parkervero(m): 12:44pm On Apr 13, 2022
Hug
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by RPG2020(m): 12:45pm On Apr 13, 2022
i don't need to work hard all i need is information then I'm done ✅
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Lollipopzion(m): 12:47pm On Apr 13, 2022
I think it means productive effort at a minimal time frame.
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Zetty177x: 12:47pm On Apr 13, 2022
Always on the move as a result of what Buhari has turned Nigeria to, is my definition of working hard. ...like now I work 2/47 to make ends meet. And the end nor gree near themselves

1 Like

Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by phorget(m): 12:47pm On Apr 13, 2022
Don't work hard but work smart...
If working hard is the way to success then I'm sure the abokis digging well and blasting stones would have been the richest.
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Proudlyomonna: 12:49pm On Apr 13, 2022
Fabulouslouie:
Hard-work to me is being persistent in whatever you're doing.

Most people are actually putting more time and efforts because that's what they have and can do.

Persistency without a driven vision leads to waste of time.
This is how I started my own business.
I told myself I don't want to join the millions of people looking for jobs,but I don't have money now to start up something of my own,so I will work for 1year and save so so amount every month.
My driving force whenever I woke up to go to work and whenever I want to go to sleep was that I must start my own business after working here for 1year
Most people are persistent in doing something that always turn out to be unproductive,due to no vision,no driving force,no plan.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by CoronaVirusPro: 12:49pm On Apr 13, 2022
ETHICALLYrlght:
Hard work is simply putting in great effort to achieve set goals.

Hard work is like the fire that boils water or cooks a meal for consumption.

If you pour the condiments or water into the fire without a pot or kettle, you'll extinguish the furnace grin .

If you place an empty pot or kettle on the fire you'll have nothing to consume.

The goal is to eat and fire alone cannot prepare a dish.

Hard work alone cannot ensure success!

I am certain you like food.

All your analogy wrapped around food preparation
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Bluffly: 12:50pm On Apr 13, 2022
Language is arbitrary. I oppose the use of working hard but uphold the use of diligence at whatever you do
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by janetakan(f): 12:51pm On Apr 13, 2022
promo4:
Working on income producing activities consistently in a smart way.

One wet kiss for you.
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by bluefilm: 12:51pm On Apr 13, 2022
Working hard to me simply means taking my time to make careful and calculated bet selections on Bet9JA.

It's not easy at all but the rewards can be so rewarding.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Draslo(m): 12:51pm On Apr 13, 2022
Anwons:
In the 21st century, people tend to misunderstand and misrepresent what hard working means.

The death of a lady along my street recently prompted this post.
She sells food(mama put) which of course, those that knows will know better.
Early hours rising and late house sleep on daily basis.

While some people were discussing about her demise, emphasis were mostly laid on how hardworking she was.
Due to intrigues and feelings within the atmosphere, I couldn't speak my mind to them, to let them know that being hard working isn't all about restlessness, no time for one's self and so forth in this era anymore, rather, it is one ability to maximize time productively and at the same time, achieving your set goals with little pressure.

At this point, sharing experiences may help some persons on this forum to have a rethink.

So, what is your description of being hard working?
That's working smart bro. Hardwork usually takes a really long time to achieve results wheras smart work....na softwork. you get?
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Euegene100001: 12:52pm On Apr 13, 2022
Hard work is mentally applying pressure to achieve set goal! Hard work is actually soft work if u use ur brains well.
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 13, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

I am certain you like food.

All your analogy wrapped around food preparation

You no like to chop? grin
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Asianjollof007: 12:53pm On Apr 13, 2022
The african environment simply changed the perception of hardwork, if you are not stressing yourself physically or doing things beyond your limit you ain't working hard. May GOD help us !
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Seniorwriter(m): 12:54pm On Apr 13, 2022
Anwons:
In the 21st century, people tend to misunderstand and misrepresent what hard working means.

While some people were discussing about her demise, emphasis were mostly laid on how hardworking she was.
Due to intrigues and feelings within the atmosphere, I couldn't speak my mind to them, to let them know that being hard working isn't all about restlessness, no time for one's self and so forth in this era anymore, rather, it is one ability to maximize time productively and at the same time, achieving your set goals with little pressure.

At this point, sharing experiences may help some persons on this forum to have a rethink.

Work Hard in the general term means been deligent and consistent in whatever endeavor chosen.....howbeit gone are the days for working hard because hard is now been replaced by the word smart...so it's now WORK SMART!

In another news if you have digital skill(s) and you ain't earning via online then quote me to know the two basic steps you can take to start earning with your DS(Digital Skill(s)).

Earning via online is now been dymistified and ease to access made manifest.

@Seniorwriter
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by promo4(m): 12:57pm On Apr 13, 2022
janetakan:

One wet kiss for you.
Lol
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Legendoo: 12:57pm On Apr 13, 2022
Hard work means hard work.

You have to do hard work first before you can do smart work, and even smart work requires hard work particularly with your level of knowledge/existing capital, network and general smarts/iq.

It's hard to strike a good balance. Na God dey help person.
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by lomprico(m): 12:58pm On Apr 13, 2022
Anwons:

Working till you achieve results
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by citywal(m): 12:58pm On Apr 13, 2022
A dating advice question I get asked a lot by women/men is "Should you have sex on the 1st date? When is the best time to sleep with a guy/girl? Is it bad for a woman/man to have sex with a guy on the first date?".

Please if you like this video don't forget to support us by subscribing to our youtube channel and also like, comment and share this video to encourage us to keep making interesting videos like this.

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM5PQgmh1Ys
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Fabulouslouie(m): 12:59pm On Apr 13, 2022
Proudlyomonna:

I told myself I don't want to join the millions of people looking for jobs,but I don't have money now to start up something of my own,so I will work for 1year and save so so amount every month.
My driving force whenever I woke up to go to work and whenever I want to go to sleep was that I must start my own business after working here for 1year
Must people are persistent in doing something that always turn out to be unproductive,due to no vision,no driving force,no plan.

I agree with you
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 13, 2022
Working hard means when the call you to come to U.S.A after u reach there them talk say the person don traval to russia
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Johel(m): 1:03pm On Apr 13, 2022
Anwons:

Hard work to me is simply consistency,cos it ain't easy to be consistent....it's consistency pays,just as we say hard work and working smart pays.
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Exceed15: 1:04pm On Apr 13, 2022
Do your best and leave the rest. Over working yourself is not wisdom. The people you are doing it for will continue to live while you are gone.
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by tarantino1: 1:04pm On Apr 13, 2022
You think say the woman dey reason hard work, soft work, abi smart work?

Na hustle to survive she dey after and that is all

Na who dey chop better food fit dey reason draw table differentiate between the different types of work
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by goldfish27(m): 1:14pm On Apr 13, 2022
Working hard most time never pays but working Smart pays most time
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by akinade28(f): 1:17pm On Apr 13, 2022
Proudlyomonna:

Most people are persistent in doing something that always turn out to be unproductive,due to no vision,no driving force,no plan.
Apt and accurate. I love your points
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by aribisala0(m): 1:25pm On Apr 13, 2022
Proudlyomonna:

You just want to correct for the sake of correcting
Why not speak your own mind
There is no word like persistency for this context

What exactly is "driven vision"

How can one be persistent without a vision
The question was

WHAT DOES HARD WORK MEAN TO YOU

digest that

It means different things to different people in different fields or professions. Hardwork for a Yahoo boy is different for an olosho and different for a school teacher, schoolboy, musician, herdsman or State Governor or Supreme Court judge
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by EteBabaagba222(m): 1:34pm On Apr 13, 2022
People will give different definitions to it.

My personal experience is dis: During dis Ramadan I see say market no dey move like b4. I studied it and sleep well well for night and start work around 3pm to 8pm while most fasting pple will be getting tired of work. I bet you I make what I wl make 8am to 6pm within 5hrs. But during that 5hrs I knw say I dey work hard.

Transportation!
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 13, 2022
Consistently putting more time and effort into something than the average person.

1 Like

Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by okrikaboi: 1:51pm On Apr 13, 2022
Resilience and rebranding cause you can't keep doing the exact same sh!t. I believe in smart work but it's always hard till you hit the first set of bags. Real niggaz will understand!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? / Nigerian Air Force Recruitment Interview List Of Successful Candidates Shortlist / Please Is This Job Invite Genuine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.