Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? (10864 Views)

What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? / What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? / What Its Mean To Acquire Higher Degree Time Wasting Or What? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Anwons(m): 11:43pm On Apr 12, 2022
In the 21st century, people tend to misunderstand and misrepresent what hard working means.

The death of a lady along my street recently prompted this post.
She sells food(mama put) which of course, those that knows will know better.
Early hours rising and late house sleep on daily basis.

While some people were discussing about her demise, emphasis were mostly laid on how hardworking she was.
Due to intrigues and feelings within the atmosphere, I couldn't speak my mind to them, to let them know that being hard working isn't all about restlessness, no time for one's self and so forth in this era anymore, rather, it is one ability to maximize time productively and at the same time, achieving your set goals with little pressure.

At this point, sharing experiences may help some persons on this forum to have a rethink.

So, what is your description of being hard working?

34 Likes

Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by ahamonyeka(m): 12:03am On Apr 13, 2022
It means when you push wheel barrow at mile 12 market

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Fabulouslouie(m): 12:12am On Apr 13, 2022
Hard-work to me is being persistent in whatever you're doing.

Most people are actually putting more time and efforts because that's what they have and can do.

45 Likes

Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 13, 2022
Hard work is simply putting in great effort to achieve set goals.

Hard work is like the fire that boils water or cooks a meal for consumption.

If you pour the condiments or water into the fire without a pot or kettle, you'll extinguish the furnace grin .

If you place an empty pot or kettle on the fire you'll have nothing to consume.

The goal is to eat and fire alone cannot prepare a dish. A good chef, necessary ingredients , and cooking equipment are needed to achieve one's goal of eating. Those with advantage do not even need fire or cooking equipment to eat when there are fast foods and restaurants around grin

Hard work alone cannot ensure success! There are other factors that must be combined with hard work to succeed. Those born with silver spoons do not even need hard work or those factors to succeed.

16 Likes

Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Honourable1901(m): 12:38pm On Apr 13, 2022
All the money she has made through early morning work till late night..who will spend it?

One lazy and ungrateful mediocre

If she work from Monday to Friday he no too much na,he no mean say she no go make am.may her soul rest in peace

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Dukeolumidemans(m): 12:38pm On Apr 13, 2022
Working hard means using all the time ment for working and time ment for relaxing to work and work and work, inorder to get to ur desired goal...

Working hard is good but for me and my family, we don't work hard. We work smart. People who work hard, work for their money while we that work smart, let money work for us. By so doing we stay richer, healthier and at the same time, have alot of spare time for everything including Nairaland...

I come in peace!!!

6 Likes

Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by mytime24(f): 12:38pm On Apr 13, 2022
When u do two to three jobs everyday
For survival

Sleep only 4hours grin cheesy

8 Likes

Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by promo4(m): 12:38pm On Apr 13, 2022
Working on income producing activities consistently in a smart way.

5 Likes

Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by thundafire: 12:39pm On Apr 13, 2022
Work smart

2 Likes

Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by aybabz101: 12:39pm On Apr 13, 2022
To me, hard work simple means doing the right thing at the right time. It also includes persistence and perseverance towards one disposition.

But people need to know that there is a distinctive difference between hardwork and restlessness/roving.

Wake up

plan

execute ur plan when due ( this is very vital as this is the real definition of perseverance because when u feel discouraged but u follow through, this is to me the real definition of hardwork)

If ur plan fails to achieve the required result, go back to rest, restrategize and execute again

If ur plan/goal is achieved, enjoy ur win and take a deep rest.

Aim higher and start the cycle again

5 Likes

Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by afonjabreed(m): 12:40pm On Apr 13, 2022
Hardworking, to me encompasses diligence, energy, commitment. Who told you she doesn’t have time for herself ?
Maybe because she doesn’t have much to show for it.
You are getting this thing wrong, Being hardworking doesn’t guarantee riches, although it is a very important requirement to acquire riches. Elon musk is a hard worker, even Bill gates was reported to have slept under his work desk at work.

Everyone you see at the top today are hard workers, they won’t just tell you about their humble days.
Don’t believe the term “work smart”, it is usually used by shady people who can’t even account for their source of wealth.
Nothing worthwhile is achieved under less pressure, you can only work smart if you’ve been a hard worker all along. That way you know different ways and different approaches to save time, energy and still get maximum output.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Skibani99(m): 12:40pm On Apr 13, 2022
Working smart,be diligent at what you do and evolve in what you're doing
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by abeliver: 12:40pm On Apr 13, 2022
dropping 2 odds consistently...now that's hardwork

2 Likes

Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Pascopele: 12:40pm On Apr 13, 2022
cheesy
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Seyiemath(m): 12:40pm On Apr 13, 2022
ok
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by joey150(m): 12:40pm On Apr 13, 2022
Any work, task or job worth doing and with quantifiable progress.

Work that is worth doing will vary from person to person.

Hardwork is a measure of progress and output, not necessarily the physical or mental effort behind the task.

1 Like

Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by DLSReigns: 12:40pm On Apr 13, 2022
Well, dedication to whatever your hand find to do.

1 Like

Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by WibusJaga: 12:40pm On Apr 13, 2022

Working Hard = Performing any task by pushing yourself to your endurance limits, either mentally of physically.
You are not hard-working if you are not pushing yourself to your limits.

2 Likes

Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by bittertongue: 12:40pm On Apr 13, 2022
Just work smart
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by olola4(m): 12:40pm On Apr 13, 2022
Working hard to me means ability to learn multiple skills and be ready to take up opportunities when available.

3 Likes

Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by christejames(m): 12:41pm On Apr 13, 2022
To be a spendrift, once you start spending money anyhow you wish most Nigerians will presume that's the result of hard work. But a man that is frugal in spending even though he earns higher than the spendrift, they see such person as a laborious worker and a miser.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 12:41pm On Apr 13, 2022
I work very hard to make my money.

Incase If You Want To Convert Your Airtime Into Cash, is here for you.

Meet Me On WhatsApp Chat To Get Started.
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by obisage(m): 12:41pm On Apr 13, 2022
working hard is doing a job that is difficult but earning less money...
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Yewandequeen(f): 12:41pm On Apr 13, 2022
It's about being 100% dedicated to what you do while aiming at achieving your goals.

1 Like

Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by tunjilee003: 12:41pm On Apr 13, 2022
working hard to me actually mean being consistent in what you do daily...
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by KingOfTheDamned: 12:41pm On Apr 13, 2022
Not having time to create stupid threads like this
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Proudlyomonna: 12:41pm On Apr 13, 2022
Hmm
Being deligent, persistent, vision driven and time cautious in whatever you set your mind to do.
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by EmzyT: 12:41pm On Apr 13, 2022
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by GreaterFuture(m): 12:42pm On Apr 13, 2022
When you can afford it, Physically, Mentally, Psychologically, Financially, mentally etc. You go ahead and use everything at your disposal, that's hard work.
Put in long Hours, endurance too is a part of it...
Continuously for ong stretch

As for me, I no get strength or motivation at all for now, at all at all
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by qanda: 12:42pm On Apr 13, 2022
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Mophor: 12:43pm On Apr 13, 2022
Issokay!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mainstreet Bank Sacks Over 650 Staff / Peugeot Automobile Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment (4 Positions) / Nigerian Air Force Recruitment Interview List Of Successful Candidates Shortlist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.