Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,919 members, 7,824,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? (10889 Views)

What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? / What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? / What Its Mean To Acquire Higher Degree Time Wasting Or What? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Abujaexpress: 2:00pm On Apr 13, 2022
Anwons:
In the 21st century, people tend to misunderstand and misrepresent what hard working means.

The death of a lady along my street recently prompted this post.
She sells food(mama put) which of course, those that knows will know better.
Early hours rising and late house sleep on daily basis.

While some people were discussing about her demise, emphasis were mostly laid on how hardworking she was.
Due to intrigues and feelings within the atmosphere, I couldn't speak my mind to them, to let them know that being hard working isn't all about restlessness, no time for one's self and so forth in this era anymore, rather, it is one ability to maximize time productively and at the same time, achieving your set goals with little pressure.

At this point, sharing experiences may help some persons on this forum to have a rethink.

So, what is your description of being hard working?
In this century and age, you don't need to work hard, but but work smart to achieve results
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Olaideolayemi(m): 2:16pm On Apr 13, 2022
Before work smart, Hard work must come first,hard work is the abilities to do certain tasks, that will give results and also bring progress..Y some work required hard work to succeed,some required smart work to succeed..Both terms are used differently in the contexts of life journey, where to work hard,if you put smartness na failure will be the results.. While hard work may required physical strength and overstressed in carrying out a specific task,smart work involved mental activities with good implementation to achieved..

1 Like

Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by brownbib(m): 2:23pm On Apr 13, 2022
To me, measurement of personal growth and success
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Proudlyomonna: 2:36pm On Apr 13, 2022
aribisala0:
You just want to correct for the sake of correcting
Why not speak your own mind
There is no word like persistency for this context

What exactly is "driven vision"

How can one be persistent without a vision
The question was

WHAT DOES HARD WORK MEAN TO YOU

digest that

It means different things to different people in different fields or professions. Hardwork for a Yahoo boy is different for an olosho and different for a school teacher, schoolboy, musician, herdsman or State Governor or Supreme Court judge

Ok your opinion though �.
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Greazyman99: 2:50pm On Apr 13, 2022
Doing your best and leaving the rest to God
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by seanwilliam(m): 2:51pm On Apr 13, 2022
Hard work to me is dedicate much of your time and resources to make something work ..

It simply means pushing yourself above limit to get things done.

I do too, these days I barely sleep and sometimes I do feel banging at left side of my head..

For this naija, if you no come from rich family , you don enter one chance

1 Like

Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by aribisala0(m): 2:52pm On Apr 13, 2022
Proudlyomonna:

Ok your opinion though �.
Exactly the point

it means different things to different people. There is no single thing called hard work that applies to everybody
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by meeketta: 2:56pm On Apr 13, 2022
For me, working hard means, using the right strategy.
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by jaxxy(m): 2:58pm On Apr 13, 2022
It means paying the right price to get the job done accurately and efficiently.
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Itisallright: 2:58pm On Apr 13, 2022
Working smart not Working hard
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Omotosho1090905(m): 3:18pm On Apr 13, 2022
That was never the cause of her death our body gets accustomed to whatever routine we placed it on
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by judedwriter(m): 3:38pm On Apr 13, 2022
When people work hard they can be very successful, but many still work hard and end up in failure and poverty.

It's better to work smart. With God's blessings, even your little efforts would yield maximum fruits.
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 13, 2022
Honourable1901:
All the money she has made through early morning work till late night..who will spend it?

One lazy and ungrateful mediocre

If she work from Monday to Friday he no too much na,he no mean say she no go make am.may her soul rest in peace

thats the saddest part of being wealthy or hardworking u might die to not really enjoy it hardwork , and while u were at it, u didn't spoil urslf enough to take a trip to London, Tokyo or Norway and see the outside world but as soon as u die, a stupid slowpoke from ur family that didn't know how u worked hard for ur.money will now teach u how to use ur.money, as so as the estate God help u u av a will otherwise ur relatives that never visited u and their 16yr daughter would use ur.money to buy IPhone 14 and be sleeping on ur king size bed and watching zee world on ur.tv and the son would be bringing in girls to bang on ur kitchen, wat a sad way to die, if u.av money and u re above 40yrs, u need to start use ur.money for urslf

1 Like

Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Bbbw: 4:51pm On Apr 13, 2022
Nothing to me
I work smart not hard
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by A1kennedy(m): 5:12pm On Apr 13, 2022
Did she obeyed the sabbath day of rest?? If no ,then she wasn't working hard. Remember, on sabbath day. No one is to go to church, In all time. If not cause of death will be following you till you die. Also remember it God who killed here.
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by A1kennedy(m): 5:21pm On Apr 13, 2022
Remember. If anyone on Earth should work, without following God's Law and commandments, he/she is not working hard. But rather he/she is working with the devil. And that is how he/she will continue to work with the devil until Death, when the cup is full.
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Saintinoo(m): 6:10pm On Apr 13, 2022
Anwons:
In the 21st century, people tend to misunderstand and misrepresent what hard working means.

While some people were discussing about her demise, emphasis were mostly laid on how hardworking she was.
Due to intrigues and feelings within the atmosphere, I couldn't speak my mind to them, to let them know that being hard working isn't all about restlessness, no time for one's self and so forth in this era anymore, rather, it is one ability to maximize time productively and at the same time, achieving your set goals with little pressure.

At this point, sharing experiences may help some persons on this forum to have a rethink.

OP the lady is hard-working in her own line of business or work, her business requires her to wake up early and sleep late, so that's hard-working.

A programmer who spends 10 hours on a laptop is also hardworking in his own line of work, she is consistently doing her business so she is hard-working.
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by phemmyfour: 6:30pm On Apr 13, 2022
Anwons:

Being disciplined on the job at work hours and stopped all manner of work at rest hours
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by FWESHVEIN(m): 9:04pm On Apr 13, 2022
Everyone has a diffrent view on Hardwork. Some are Correct while some are painfully wrong! Working hard doesn't really mean extending your hours meant for rest and refreshments to work. Some even decide to work overtime just to earn extra money. And at the End of the day, your body pays the price. Hence, Hardwork is your commitment to a Specific job, livelihood or source of income that is genuine. A lot involve themselves in different kinds of illegal activities and they call it Work. Biblically, God appreciates a Hardworker. Hardwork is a gift. There is this inner peace or sense of Accomplishment When you've worked hard! Hardwork also comes with a handful of rest, infact the bible says better is a handful of rest to a handful of work. No go kee yourself bcus say u won hit millions or reach Dangote status o. Hardwork really pays. So enjoy the work of your hands! It's a gift!
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Anwons(m): 10:26pm On Apr 13, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:
Not having time to create stupid threads like this

....and also typing trash like yours
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by HellVictorinho4(m): 12:44am On Apr 14, 2022
Anwons:

Replying you sef na hard work

But it would be unfortunate of you to say I'm lazy if I don't reply
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by HellVictorinho4(m): 1:01am On Apr 14, 2022
Abujaexpress:
In this century and age, you don't need to work hard, but but work smart to achieve results

In other words.. , some people no get sense or their sense too small

Anyway..., even Elon Musk dey hardworking......so ,my point is you need beneficial hardwork..... that's actually the smartwork..... physical distress and mental distress are medical problems.......well, beneficial hardwork which involves smartness happens by chance.

Yeah, you're only being smart by chance..... you can't really predict if your next move will be beneficial towards stating how beneficial it would be.
Being stupid means not avoiding distress as you DO this or that.

You can't really be doing nothing till you die

Even after you die...., the remains will continue doing something else.
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by starstunna1313(m): 5:37am On Apr 14, 2022
Fabulouslouie:
Hard-work to me is being persistent in whatever you're doing.

Most people are actually putting more time and efforts because that's what they have and can do.

I really think I’ll prefer to use the line “working smart” than “working hard”.. Because someone can actually be working hard and putting more energy in the wrong direction then at the end still will not achieve anything
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by MARYIAN(f): 8:15am On Apr 14, 2022
mytime24:
When u do two to three jobs everyday
For survival

Sleep only 4hours grin cheesy
Lol grin
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by SirMichael1: 8:23am On Apr 14, 2022
ETHICALLYrlght:
Hard work is simply putting in great effort to achieve set goals.

Hard work is like the fire that boils water or cooks a meal for consumption.

If you pour the condiments or water into the fire without a pot or kettle, you'll extinguish the furnace grin .

If you place an empty pot or kettle on the fire you'll have nothing to consume.

The goal is to eat and fire alone cannot prepare a dish. A good chef, necessary ingredients , and cooking equipment are needed to achieve one's goal of eating. Those with advantage do not even need fire or cooking equipment to eat when there are fast foods and restaurants around grin

Hard work alone cannot ensure success! There are other factors that must be combined with hard work to succeed. Those born with silver spoons do not even need hard work or those factors to succeed.

If hardwork is the fire, what then is the pot? It's like I want to catch you now now. cheesy
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 14, 2022
SirMichael1:

If hardwork is the fire, what then is the pot? It's like I want to catch you now now. cheesy
Grit lol
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Lingudy(m): 11:38pm On Apr 15, 2022
Putting in great effort
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Pascopele: 1:17am On Apr 16, 2022
Lingudy:

Please sir help me with the laptop, I am writing my final year project and I really need it, pls because of God, thank you!
I gave out one last week. I will be on the lookout for you.
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Lingudy(m): 8:28am On Apr 16, 2022
Putting in your very best and putting God first
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by Anwons(m): 4:38pm On Apr 17, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

Replying you sef na hard work

But it would be unfortunate of you to say I'm lazy if I don't reply

Lol, you be case o
Re: What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? by HellVictorinho4(m): 7:33pm On Apr 17, 2022
Anwons:

Lol, you be case o

Planning to release some rap songs

Anyone that doesn't like the recordings deserves nothing better from me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apply For Sabmiller Plc Job Recruitment (5 Positions) / Vacancy! Vacancy! / Police Announce Locations Shortlisted Candidates Can Check Their Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.