Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

What Will Happen If Buhari Refuses To Hand Over Power In 2023 –Yoruba Elder, Ayo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will Happen If Buhari Refuses To Hand Over Power In 2023 –Yoruba Elder, Ayo (505 Views)

Anger Of Israelis Increasing As Buhari Refuses To Let Their People Go / IGP Adamu Shuns Aisha Buhari, Refuses To Release Her Aides / If Buhari Refuses To Comeback We Are Ready To Take Him To Court"- BOMG Leader Sa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will Happen If Buhari Refuses To Hand Over Power In 2023 –Yoruba Elder, Ayo by Kuginzi: 6:03am On Apr 14, 2022
Speaking during an interactive session on Wednesday, Opadokun said he is not in a position to prophesy whether Buhari will transmit power to another in 2023 when his second term will be over.

An activist and chieftain of the defunct National Democratic Coalition (NADECO), Chief Ayo Opadokun has explained that the international community would step in if President Muhammadu Buhari refuses to step down from government in 2023.

Speaking during an interactive session on Wednesday, Opadokun said he is not in a position to prophesy whether Buhari will transmit power to another in 2023 when his second term will be over.

He, however, said the world has become more of a global community where government policies and decisions are not taken in isolation, particularly with the power of social media.

Buttressing his point, he referred to the recently launched United States consulate at the Eko Atlantic City, Lagos State worth over $500 million.

He said, “Ayo Opadokun is not a prophet, I'm not in the business of conjuring responses, I'm neither a psychologist nor a seer to say reading from the body language of this person, this is what this person will do or this is what he will not do, but one thing I can assure you of is that the world is now a global community. No leader is immune from the effects or focus of social media as to what it does.

"What you do here in one minute can go viral globally and be known and followed excessively. I will like to give President Buhari the benefit of doubt, he said he is going to Daura to take care of his family.

“I am confessing to you that what the American government had just recently done by deciding to spend a whopping $535 million to establish an American consulate in Lagos is not a joke, we are being taken seriously.

"If anybody is daring to mess up that, he will have the world community to contend with, I believe that no matter what may be your doubt, you are entitled to it because of the happenings of the recent past. I myself was a reporter at the time, I was in Kano to cover the tribunal in 1981, but it has gone beyond that.

“But we are doing, we are positively directed, focused, there's a reason for us not to lose this chance because Nigeria is on a precipice, any slight miscarriage of the current situation may lead to something else. Let's do what we can do.”

http://saharareporters.com/2022/04/13/what-will-happen-if-buhari-refuses-hand-over-power-2023-%E2%80%93-yoruba-elder-ayo-opadokun

Re: What Will Happen If Buhari Refuses To Hand Over Power In 2023 –Yoruba Elder, Ayo by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 6:11am On Apr 14, 2022
Nigeria is not permanent, buhari knows that.
Re: What Will Happen If Buhari Refuses To Hand Over Power In 2023 –Yoruba Elder, Ayo by jyz200(m): 6:23am On Apr 14, 2022
He won’t try that

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If Buhari Refuses To Hand Over Power In 2023 –Yoruba Elder, Ayo by appishani1(m): 6:26am On Apr 14, 2022
I have never support buhari for once
but why are you guys trying to bring smoke where there is no fire.
This man never for once say he won't come down, he never even make any move that would support this shit

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If Buhari Refuses To Hand Over Power In 2023 –Yoruba Elder, Ayo by MadamVanessa(f): 6:32am On Apr 14, 2022
shocked

We true Biafran Patriot will be so happy because such action will lead to the end of this useless idiotic contraption.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If Buhari Refuses To Hand Over Power In 2023 –Yoruba Elder, Ayo by helinues: 6:52am On Apr 14, 2022
And what excuse would Buhari give for not relinquish power to the new elected president.

Sahara deserted on the dead beat
Re: What Will Happen If Buhari Refuses To Hand Over Power In 2023 –Yoruba Elder, Ayo by liftedud(m): 6:55am On Apr 14, 2022
Why won't he hand over, abeg make Una no start
Re: What Will Happen If Buhari Refuses To Hand Over Power In 2023 –Yoruba Elder, Ayo by Michelle70(m): 6:59am On Apr 14, 2022
appishani1:
I have never support buhari for once
but why are you guys trying to bring smoke where there is no fire.
This man never for once say he won't come down, he never even make any move that would support this shit
There was a speech were he said he can't wait to retire and is jealous of his mates that have retired.
Buhari has no intention of spending one day in office after 2023

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If Buhari Refuses To Hand Over Power In 2023 –Yoruba Elder, Ayo by BigRocky: 7:06am On Apr 14, 2022
E tell una say him no go handover power?

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If Buhari Refuses To Hand Over Power In 2023 –Yoruba Elder, Ayo by kingjis: 7:23am On Apr 14, 2022
Kuginzi:

An activist and chieftain of the defunct National Democratic Coalition (NADECO), Chief Ayo Opadokun has explained that the international community would step in if President Muhammadu Buhari refuses to step down from government in 2023.

He, however, said the world has become more of a global community where government policies and decisions are not taken in isolation, particularly with the power of social media.

Buttressing his point, he referred to the recently launched United States consulate at the Eko Atlantic City, Lagos State worth over $500 million.

He said, “Ayo Opadokun is not a prophet, I'm not in the business of conjuring responses, I'm neither a psychologist nor a seer to say reading from the body language of this person, this is what this person will do or this is what he will not do, but one thing I can assure you of is that the world is now a global community. No leader is immune from the effects or focus of social media as to what it does.

"What you do here in one minute can go viral globally and be known and followed excessively. I will like to give President Buhari the benefit of doubt, he said he is going to Daura to take care of his family.

“I am confessing to you that what the American government had just recently done by deciding to spend a whopping $535 million to establish an American consulate in Lagos is not a joke, we are being taken seriously.

"If anybody is daring to mess up that, he will have the world community to contend with, I believe that no matter what may be your doubt, you are entitled to it because of the happenings of the recent past. I myself was a reporter at the time, I was in Kano to cover the tribunal in 1981, but it has gone beyond that.

“But we are doing, we are positively directed, focused, there's a reason for us not to lose this chance because Nigeria is on a precipice, any slight miscarriage of the current situation may lead to something else. Let's do what we can do.”

http://saharareporters.com/2022/04/13/what-will-happen-if-buhari-refuses-hand-over-power-2023-%E2%80%93-yoruba-elder-ayo-opadokun

So you idiots will destroy nigeria abi
Re: What Will Happen If Buhari Refuses To Hand Over Power In 2023 –Yoruba Elder, Ayo by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 14, 2022
Why ll he not handover? Wetin remain for hin body?
Re: What Will Happen If Buhari Refuses To Hand Over Power In 2023 –Yoruba Elder, Ayo by 4ckyou: 7:54am On Apr 14, 2022
the British and the US will move in, he himself knows that so he can't try nonsense.

incase you don't know British still owns Nigeria
Re: What Will Happen If Buhari Refuses To Hand Over Power In 2023 –Yoruba Elder, Ayo by omenkaLives(m): 7:56am On Apr 14, 2022
This one na yeye talk, totally unnecessary.

Why would he do that? Has he ever hinted that he would refuse to? sad

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu's Many Sins / Amosun To Declare Presidential Bid May 5 / Who Do You Think Is The Most Corrupt In Buhari's Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.