Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,766 members, 7,827,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries (45049 Views)

2019 VP Debate: Uzor Kalu Reacts To Osinbajo’s Performance, Reveals One Thing Ob / "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege / Will Adejoke Orelope-Adefulire Replace Osinbajo In 2019 As VP? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by northernpatriot: 3:49pm On Apr 15, 2022
Why do peoples think muslim-muslim ticket is not possible in Nigeria today , Believe me or not if Tinubu picks someone like Zullum as a running mate that 10 million bloc votes from the north is still possible. So you do the maths yourselves Tinubu sourthern Votes plus 10 million northern votes is a win Think again.
Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by Mbsuxces: 3:51pm On Apr 15, 2022
OP You are so on point in a sane world... This politicians are evil bro... They don't follow the truth, In other word anything can happen but Osinbajo deserve it.
Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by Winning123: 3:52pm On Apr 15, 2022
Tinubu will likely to loose. The points he raised are factual. His age and state of health will probably work against him more than anything else

Dsalvo:

He is not. Tinubu will not lose to Osinbajo regardless of the abuse of power any bloc wants to institute to make the VP the candidate of APC.

The schism that will ensue in the APC , from the Presidency trying to force Osinbajo on the democratic choice of others, will destroy the ruling Party and hand an undeserved victory to the PDP.

Tinubu will always be okay and, per the way SW is thinking and moving today, BAT will have relevance as a mentor of a Nigeria that has to be restructured along regional lines and in respect of devolution of power away from a destructively strong center.

It is not even in our hands anymore. Our structure is unsustainable per world events we do not control. Nigeria must adapt or die.

With that reality, that we cannot escape, Osinbajo will quickly go on to be another Namadi Sambo with his 15 minutes of fame, courtesy of Tinubu, over quickly.
Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by Bbbw: 5:38pm On Apr 15, 2022
Really
Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by pacificom: 5:47pm On Apr 15, 2022
chibrolex:
Amaechi is not popular,Was Yar'adua popular but he became the president vof Nigeria...Una eyes go clear.Amaechi is the next Nigeria President just mark today's date and quote me after the Election.
Okay, we shall see.
Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by Kotaju: 5:57pm On Apr 15, 2022
Walai.. all these analysis and points is good enough for campaigns and has prepared my mind on choosing who the next president would be.
Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by pacificom: 6:04pm On Apr 15, 2022
Truthisunique2:
he don't need popularity in south west

Buhari has his 10m waiting for him in the north, by the way amaechi is very popular with the projects he has executed on the north

Just carrying the party flag he have inherited all the structures and so called popularity
It is true what the elders says that " In the town of the blind, a man with an eye is the king"
Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by cliffypatt(m): 6:07pm On Apr 15, 2022
Donshegxy10:
Firstly about age and background, there was no argument in 93,99 and 2003 when tinubu won elections in lagos, why now?
His he a yoruba man, a nigerian? If yes then where he came from doesnt matter.

Educational qualifications, requirement for presidency is a primary school leaving certificate, this is a man that has a university degree, his degree with an outstanding hons award was verified from chicago, this is someone that went to become an executive in over 3 international organisations, you cant dispute his qualifications.

About deputy, leave it to tinubu, he will find a well accepted northern christian, for example dogara is a christian and he rose up to become the number 4 man in nigeria in the midst of muslims.

Baggages.......
Show me 1 politician among the top aspirant without a baggage.

In 2019, when wike who was in charge of pdp wanted tambuwal and atiku brought money, why didnt they vote tambuwal instead.

Politics is about structure, aliances and money.

No nigerian politician as of today has helped, impacted and elevate people the way tinubu has done.

On ambode.......
If you are intune with lagos politics you will understand that ambode outsting was not tinubu's doing, it was the work of mandate group, who has the highest number of apc membership in lagos then, it was led by aregbesola and cardinal odunbaku.
Ambode stepped on many toes.

Does osinbajo has a structure to win apc primary, or does he has the money to spend.

Osinbajo is a featherweight politically, masses may like him but the delegate that will vote at the primaries knows only JAGABAN.

Tinubu is a strategist and a winner, i just hope some of you people will show your face after the primaries when osinbajo is humbled like ambode.

Its just a matter of weeks, let us be patient.

After all you wrote, hope you will show your face if tinubu doesn't win the primary as expected by you
Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by AKAyomide(m): 8:30pm On Apr 15, 2022
Gozac:

I see Amaechi carrying the day. Have analysed all the candidates, he is in vantage position to emerge and when he emerges, he may likely win the presidency
I hope so! All that will need is a candidate to give us a good government not to unite the nation because the national peace of the nation is very negotiable but to create a strong economy base for all to get our daily breads with easy mind. Great Ecinomo!

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by AKAyomide(m): 8:31pm On Apr 15, 2022
AKAyomide:

I hope so! All that will need is a candidate to give us a good government not to unite the nation because the national peace of the nation is very negotiable but to create a strong economy base for all to get our daily breads with easy mind. Great Economy!
Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by AKAyomide(m): 8:32pm On Apr 15, 2022
Gozac:

I see Amaechi carrying the day. Have analysed all the candidates, he is in vantage position to emerge and when he emerges, he may likely win the presidency
i hope so! all that will need is a candidate to give us a good government not to unite the nation because the national peace of the nation is very negotiable but to create a strong economy base for all to get our daily breads with easy mind and a great economy!
Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by InsightsGuru: 9:02pm On Apr 15, 2022
AKAyomide:

I hope so! All that will need is a candidate to give us a good government not to unite the nation because the national peace of the nation is very negotiable but to create a strong economy base for all to get our daily breads with easy mind. Great Ecinomo!

Whoever emerges from the APC needs to place the economy and security as priorities as quite frankly, the APC government has never had the economy as priority and that partly explains why unemployment rate has been rising unchecked. If people are struggling and can't find jobs and the state of the economy is harsh, it will make fighting insecurity a difficult task as a ready pool of candidates will willingly join all sorts of agitation and insurgency to destabilize the country.

Between Osinbajo and Amaechi whom the odds seem to favor to pick the APC ticket, I'm not sure any of them is capable of fixing the economy to be quite frank. The PDP on the other hand appear to be always focused on the economy in spite of perceived weakness in other areas. All the more reason why the APC needs to put their best foot forward else the PDP may just win considering the nation is drifting. Ideally, the APC ought to be punished by the electorate in the 2023 elections but as humans most times we are not rational but sentimental.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by ledaman: 9:43pm On Apr 15, 2022
Zeemam:
The writer is on point
The writer is on stupid point. Pls can you name one political associate of Osinbajo? A mere commissioner doesn't have the balls to defeat BAT
Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by sokera: 10:58pm On Apr 15, 2022
Help2020:
guys,you need to understand that this is not about tribalism. For me,I can vote for Osinbajo, or Ameachi. But I can't vote for tinubu,orji kalu and atiku.
It's about integrity that's all. Let's be honest,tinubu couldn't have made so much money without stealing from Lagos state by proxy. Orji is a thief,he out of prison because of Nigeria bad system. Atiku has been said to by corrupt too. As it stand Osinbajo and Ameachi are the best candidate so far. Guys let's support what is good.
you don’t know how Tinubu, have you ever asked yourself how Tinubu got money to fight the military regime? That man is a billion naira before he joined politics… go and do your research well … what I know is Igbos are the real enemies of Tinubu, and I will be surprise if you are not Igbos
Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by techWriter3: 12:52am On Apr 16, 2022
Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by Help2020: 3:49am On Apr 16, 2022
sokera:
you don’t know how Tinubu, have you ever asked yourself how Tinubu got money to fight the military regime? That man is a billion naira before he joined politics… go and do your research well … what I know is Igbos are the real enemies of Tinubu, and I will be surprise if you are not Igbos
I'm Edo. And believe Edo,Deltans hate tinubu with passion,not just Igbo.
Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by wirinet(m): 5:57am On Apr 16, 2022
sokera:

Lies. Billionaire ko, trillionaire ni. Tinubu that was living in a rented house on park view estate before he became governor billionaire?
Where did tinubu make his billions? As an employee of Mobil? Mr Researcher.

You are not different from IPOB. You tribalise everything. Instead of you to debate intellectually, you turn everything to tribal hatred. For your information, the only Yorubas that love tinubu are the political and religious elites, traditional rulers and Agberos, who are on Tinubus pay roll. Most ordinary Yorubas hate Tinubu. Tinubu cannot win election in Yoruba land without rigging, thuggery, intimidation and political manipulation. He cannot even win elections in his Eti-Osa Local Government. The average Yoruba who suffer Tinubu's over taxation and Agberos feels emasculated and helpless.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by wirinet(m): 6:02am On Apr 16, 2022
Help2020:

Don't mind him making it about the igbos. It betrays his hatred for the igbos.

No tribe and I repeat no tribe likes Tinubu or what he represents. He represents the worst of Nigerian politics - Godfatherism, corruption, political violence and manipulation. But the elites of all tribes (except igbo elites) loves Tinubu. That is because he controls APC and they need his patronage couple with the fact that he bribes them with gifts and cash.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by Help2020: 6:13am On Apr 16, 2022
wirinet:

Don't mind him making it about the igbos. It betrays his hatred for the igbos.

No tribe and I repeat no tribe likes Tinubu or what he represents. He represents the worst of Nigerian politics - Godfatherism, corruption, political violence and manipulation. But the elites of all tribes (except igbo elites) loves Tinubu. That is because he controls APC and they need his patronage couple with the fact that he bribes them with gifts and cash.
you have summarized tinubu 100percent,nothing o add. Permit me to copy and paste on Twitter
Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by wirinet(m): 6:23am On Apr 16, 2022
Help2020:
you have summarized tinubu 100percent,nothing o add. Permit me to copy and paste on Twitter
Permission granted.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by HRprof: 6:25am On Apr 16, 2022
Both of them will loose for CHIBUIKE AMAECHI
Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:47am On Apr 16, 2022
jyz200:
Interesting
But Vp Bleep up for contesting against Jagaban

Those laws aren’t applicable in every sphere of life. History is replete with stories of ‘servants’ who trounced their ‘masters’
Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by VIKTO83(m): 9:22am On Apr 16, 2022
Tinubu and Atiku will come together. In what capacity I don't know. But the two will collabo
Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by ofiko123(m): 10:37am On Apr 16, 2022
I don't understand the political terrain in Nigeria..
Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by Ayodeji2k14: 12:06pm On Apr 16, 2022
To be candid,Osinbajo will sell more in public during the real voting than Tinubu.

How ever APC should be a party Nigerians should not vote for.But,can we found alternative in PDP?
Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by wirinet(m): 1:00pm On Apr 16, 2022
NaijaCowFarm:
Leadership is not a popularity contest - Adams Oshomole

It is not arguable that Tinubu has a very large political structure. It is also not arguable that Tinubu can defeat Osinbajo in an Open Ballot system, but APC primaries are not going to be an open ballot system where people queue behind their candidates, rather it is going to be an Open-Secret Ballot system. In an open-ballot system, once I vote against you, you know, so I will be reluctant to vote another after assuring you or collecting your money. However, in an Open-Secret ballot, I can assure you that I will vote for you, collect your money yet vote my "heart".

Now on the day of the APC primaries, these are the facts that would be very clear:

Tinubu is too old to govern effectively: With the hindsight of Buhari's challenges, APC would rather go for a younger and much healthier candidate than an old and sick Tinubu. This is a clear advantage that Osinbajo would have. Most of the delegates would be easily swayed towards Osinbajo right inside the ballot cage, where they would thumb-print their ballot, fold it and come out openly to cast it in the ballot box. Mark you, it is going to be the same ballot box for all candidates, so you cannot know who was voted until the ballots are sorted and counted.

Tinubu's bad faith towards Ambode: The bad deed that Tinubu did to Ambode is still fresh in the minds of the governors, both single-term and second-term governors. it is on record that the governors overwhelmingly rejected the direct primaries simply because Tinubu and his men in NASS arranged to have them treated like Ambode. moreso, it was reported that the APC governor's forum led by Atiku Bagudu (who is still in charge by the way), went to Tinubu's residence in Abuja to beg and prostrate to the Jagaban to allow Ambode to complete his tenure, but baba shuns them. Now, he is running after the same Bagudu, even going to the Kebbi Lodge to beg then. They are sure to require their pound of flesh on behalf of Ambode.

Religious sentiments: Since 2015 Nigeria has been governed by a Muslim, Muhammadu Buhari. If another Muslim from the South takes over from Buhari in 2023, the Muslims would have had another 8 years, making a total of 16. Now when power returns to the North, obviously another Muslim would take over for another 8 years. In total, the Muslims would be president from 2015 - to 2039, a whopping 24 uninterrupted years. That is NOT FEASIBLE. Hence, rational as the delegates are, they would avoid such a trap that would easily hand power back to the PDP. The delegates would rather vote for Osinbajo than Tinubu.

Running mate wahahala: We all recall the challenges that Buhari faced in choosing a running mate in 2015. Buhari was under pressure to avoid the Muslim-Muslim ticket in 2015, even with over 10 million Northern votes in the kitty. Tells that with a Tinubu's candidacy, it would be tougher for APC. Firstly, Tinubu does not have the cult following that Buhari commanded in 2015. Secondly, the North would never accept a Northern Christian VP, this is an unwritten law. Adopting such would mean FAILURE in the North. Hence the only option that Tinubu would have is a Muslim-Muslim ticket, which would FAIL woefully at elections. Even APC NEC would advise against such a move. The obvious alternative would be Osinbajo.

Unaccounted Baggages: Accountability is the acceptance of responsibility for one's own actions. It implies a willingness to be transparent, allowing others to observe and evaluate one's performance. Integrity is the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness. Measured on these two words, Osinbajo would beat Tinubu by a clear distance. Firstly, Tinubu has held Lagos to a stranglehold for the past 23 years. He has made sure that his son controls all the key revenue-generating sectors of the state, the numerous toll gates, etc. His daughter controls all the markets in Lagos, his son-in-law is in NASS, and his wife is a senator for life, he receives 10% tithes from Lagos State. These are baggages that Nigeria's state cannot accommodate. Even now, he has closed NURTW in Lagos and handed it over to his cronies. Is this the type of person that Nigeria wants to give power over the nation and national treasury and power?
Responsible delegates would avoid such a person because, when push goes to shove, Nigerians would be better off without such baggages. Hence the Osinbajo appeal would suffice.

Academic and foundational credence: Tinubu's state of origin, early education, age, and birth are all mysteries. Noone knows where he is from. Noone knows his father, no one knows where he got his first school leaving certificate nor his high school certificate nor diploma. All we hear is that he graduated from some University in the USA. There are those that say that his daughter is 61 years old while Tinubu is claiming 70 years old. That is a mystery too many to be overlooked. Hence Osinbajo would come as a sterling candidate to sell rather than a Tunubu with these baggages of unexplained mysteries.

Conclusion: Osinbajo would trounce Tinubu in APC primaries. However, APC may not form the next government, no matter who they field!

Please read this 2014 report of how Tinubu turn Lagos State into his personal estate like Leopold II of Belgium turned Congo into his personal estate. - https://www.nairaland.com/1866463/lion-bourdillion-bola-ahmed-tinubu

He wants to turn himself from king of Lagos to Emperor of Nigeria.

To me Anybody but Tinubu can be president.
My number one candidate is Amaechi because he is igbo, fearless, has political experience, built bridges across the Niger and loves Nigeria.

Even though I don't mind Yemi Osinbanjo, I feel that Yorubas should give other southerners the opportunity to aspire for the highest office. They have held the presidency and vice presidency for a total of 16 years out of the 23 years in this 4th Republic.

I also would not mind peter Obi, but i doubt PDPbeing held in a stranglehold by Wike and Atiku would allow him win the primaries. And I don't think PDP can win the presidential election at this time.

Another southerner that should be looked into is former president Jonathan. I am sure he must have learnt his lesson. This time he should ge tougher on corruption and not marginalise the Yorubas in his appointments. The only problem is he has no platform to run. PDP or APC would accept him as their presidential candidate.
Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by sokera: 5:45am On Apr 17, 2022
Help2020:

Edo , Delta and Igbo are all inconsequential in Nigeria … North and south -west decide the political actors …
Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by Help2020: 7:18am On Apr 17, 2022
sokera:
Edo , Delta and Igbo are all inconsequential in Nigeria … North and south -west decide the political actors …
And who told you the north like him?lol. Only those he's bribing are the one rooting for him. Get real
Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by gaskiyamagana: 8:42am On Apr 17, 2022
Donshegxy10:

many people dont understand that politics is local, even in ogun state how many senators or reps members does osinbajo know, someone that does not even know his ward chairman.
It has been suggested that cabals in the presidency were behind him simply because they knew jagaban will be difficult for them to control. Whichever, his backups, he is deemed to fail and disgrace out of politics before 2023.
Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by ambimo(m): 9:36am On Apr 17, 2022
Same here!
MikoB:

Correct analysis, i wrote about how osinbajo will win with landslide but they don't believe, my only argument about your write up is that I don't think pdp will win in 2023.
Re: Why Tinubu Will Lose To Osinbajo In APC Primaries by ambimo(m): 10:21am On Apr 17, 2022
emkz:
A lot of articles will be pushed forward to discredit Tinubu.

I can't respond to all of them, but here are my thoughts:

(1) We claim Tinubu is old, did we not have a "young" President who had a terminal illness? Did we not have another young President who died suddenly? As for those claiming Tinubu is not healthy, please publish his health records for us to see.

(2) We talk of religion, the religious societies like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, how are they doing economically? Why do you Christians run to Dubai? Deep in our hearts, are we really concerned about religion or it is just a convenient excuse we use?

I am for a Bola Tinubu and Babagana Zulum ticket. I am at the point in my life where I am no more religious, but striving towards my spirituality.

(3) They claim Tinubu ousted Ambode and did not listen to pleas. All politics is local. Ambode had stepped on the toes of local politicians by cutting them off and they said they didn't want him. Should Tinubu have gone against them? Remember, you are only as popular as those loyal to you.

(4) They claim Tinubu has educational baggage, but his school has admitted they have record of his attendance. But we choose not to accept it, because it helps our narrative.

(5) They say Tinubu is corrupt. Which court has convicted him of corruption?

I want to assess my vote on mental capacity for innovative leadership, nationwide outreach, experience and knowledge of the problems.

Does Tinubu fit all these? Can he win elections for APC?
self-deception! That's the right word to use to describe your analysis. Deep within your heart you know you are only finding reasons to defend Tinubu and not because all you said is entirely true or correct!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Wins His Polling Unit For Atiku, PDP / Tony Kabaka Shields His Hotel Against Demolition, Mobilizes Kids, Adults / Jonathan To Be Appointed U.N Global Crises Envoy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.