Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

One Of The Reasons Why Women Endure Domestic Violence - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / One Of The Reasons Why Women Endure Domestic Violence (1676 Views)

This Is Why Women Tie Their Husbands With Juju - Chinenye Azubuike / Are The Kids Good Enough Reason To Endure & Stay An Abusive Marriage? / Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Of The Reasons Why Women Endure Domestic Violence by Mindlog: 3:55pm On Oct 04, 2022
Helpout12345:

Happens in terms of what? Accommodation or what?

In the light of the abuse she suffered, the mother covering up and the step-father going scot-free?

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Reasons Why Women Endure Domestic Violence by Helpout12345: 4:00pm On Oct 04, 2022
Mindlog:

In the light of the abuse she suffered, the mother covering up and the step-father going scot-free?

The girl should be taken for counselling. There are so many information lacking from the narration above about the girl but notwithstanding, counseling will help her to heal faster.
Re: One Of The Reasons Why Women Endure Domestic Violence by Helpout12345: 4:06pm On Oct 04, 2022
If the mother decides to stay in her marriage and live in same house with the man, it might be better to give the girl a new home to help her healing process.
Re: One Of The Reasons Why Women Endure Domestic Violence by Mindlog: 4:08pm On Oct 04, 2022
Helpout12345:

The girl should be taken for counselling. There are so many information lacking from the narration above about the girl but notwithstanding, counseling will help her to heal faster.

Agreed, the girl needs therapy. What of the mother and the step-father based on the information from the narration?

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Reasons Why Women Endure Domestic Violence by Helpout12345: 4:13pm On Oct 04, 2022
Mindlog:

Agreed, the girl needs therapy. What of the mother and the step-father based on the information from the narration?

What about them? They are adults. They can decide what they think it's best for them and their children.
Re: One Of The Reasons Why Women Endure Domestic Violence by Mindlog: 4:25pm On Oct 04, 2022
Helpout12345:

What about them? They are adults. They can decide what they think it's best for them and their children.

They are adults who if Nigeria has a functioning social care system, the children ought to be taken away from them and now be serving jail terms for defilement and concealment of abuse on a minor.

If I had access to the 15 year old girl, the mother will not come in contact with for some years and I am very certain the step-father will be spending this Christmas in prison as I have done such severally.

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Reasons Why Women Endure Domestic Violence by Helpout12345: 4:32pm On Oct 04, 2022
Mindlog:

They are adults who if Nigeria has a functioning social care system, the children ought to be taken away from them and now be serving jail terms for defilement and concealment of abuse on a minor.

If I had access to the 15 year old girl, the mother will not come in contact with for some years and I am very certain the step-father will be spending this Christmas in prison as I have done such severally.

So you will come into their family matter when the family says they are not pressing charges?

And who says their children will be better raised in foster care system? We hear several bad stories from the foster system too.
Re: One Of The Reasons Why Women Endure Domestic Violence by Helpout12345: 4:34pm On Oct 04, 2022
Mindlog:

We have heard stories of blood brother sexually assaulting blood sister. If you are their parents, will you send your son to jail for it?
Re: One Of The Reasons Why Women Endure Domestic Violence by prettysassygirl(f): 4:41pm On Oct 04, 2022
What people would say have destroyed so many people.
Re: One Of The Reasons Why Women Endure Domestic Violence by Mindlog: 4:53pm On Oct 04, 2022
Helpout12345:

So you will come into their family matter when the family says they are not pressing charges?

And who says their children will be better raised in foster care system? We hear several bad stories from the foster system too.

When such happens and a family says they are not pressing charges, e no concern government as it has an obligation to prosecute because defilement is a crime.

I have worked as a child protection officer and have severally dealt with cases where families do not want to take it further because the perpetrators are relatives but that has never stopped me from writing reports that got the perpetrators arrested and prosecuted......getting such people out of circulation, is for the common good.

Children are not better raised by such adults in the narration.

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Reasons Why Women Endure Domestic Violence by Mindlog: 4:55pm On Oct 04, 2022
Helpout12345:

We have heard stories of blood brother sexually assaulting blood sister. If you are their parents, will you send your son to jail for it?

Based on what I know, I would.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Sister Wants To Send Me Out Of My Husbands House / / Fight With My One Yr Old Son Over Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.