Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. (958 Views)

Divorce Is NOT Sin - Jesus Christ / What Many Don't Know Abt The Office Of A Prophet. / If U Av Questions Abt Spiritual Gifts Or Ministry Ask Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by Truvelisback(m): 2:14pm On Apr 14, 2022
Good day, fellas. Jesus command abt divorce is not for all Christians according to Matt19:9-11. Vs 11 says: All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given. I.e It's for some particular christians who can accept it or whom God wants to be that way. This statement came immediately Peter said it would be better one shouldn't marry.
Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by Kobojunkie: 3:43pm On Apr 14, 2022
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. Jesus command abt divorce is not for all Christians according to Matt19:9-11. Vs 11 says: All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given. I.e It's for some particular christians who can accept it or whom God wants to be that way. This statement came immediately Peter said it would be better one shouldn't marry.
Your claim makes no sense. God's Law applies to all those who accept His Covenant. What do you mean that the commands dictated in Matthew 19 vs 9 - 11 only apply to some Christians? undecided

1 Like

Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by Truvelisback(m): 3:57pm On Apr 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Your claim makes no sense. God's Law applies to all those who accept His Covenant. What do you mean that the commands dictated in Matthew 19 vs 9 - 11 only apply to some Christians? undecided
What does it mean to u? All men cannot recieve(accept) it, save they to whom it is given.
Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On Apr 14, 2022
Truvelisback:
What does it mean to u? All men cannot recieve(accept) it, save they to whom it is given.
The answer is right there in the context. undecided
10 The followers said to Jesus, “If that is the only reason a man can divorce his wife, it is better not to marry.

11 He answered, “This statement is true for some, but not for everyone—only for those who have been given this gift.

12 There are different reasons why some men don’t marry. Some were born without the ability to produce children. Others were made that way later in life. And others have given up marriage because of God’s kingdom. This is for anyone who is able to accept it. - Matthew 19 vs 10 - 12
Jesus Christ was speaking of the choice to live as a Eunuch rather than deal with marriage and possibility of divorce. undecided

1 Like

Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by Kobojunkie: 4:26pm On Apr 14, 2022
Did you know that contrary to what we have been led to believe so far, divorce isn't actually a sin in itself. It is remarriage that brings about sin of adultery. undecided

It isn't divorce itself that is listed as sin by Jesus Christ but instead remarriage after divorce. undecided

▪︎ Matthew 5 vs 31 - 32
▪︎ Matthew 19 vs 7 - 9
▪︎ Mark 10 vs 6 - 12
▪︎ Luke 16 vs 18

Divorce in and of itself is not a sin. lipsrsealed
Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by Truvelisback(m): 5:10pm On Apr 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Did you know that contrary to what we have been led to believe so far, divorce isn't actually a sin in itself. It is remarriage that brings about sin of adultery. undecided

It isn't divorce itself that is listed as sin by Jesus Christ but instead remarriage after divorce. undecided

▪︎ Matthew 5 vs 31 - 32
▪︎ Matthew 19 vs 7 - 9
▪︎ Mark 10 vs 6 - 12
▪︎ Luke 16 vs 18

Divorce in and of itself is not a sin. lipsrsealed
Yes, it isn't a sin if the reason is justifiable. A justifiable Remarriage shouldn't be a sin either. I.e if ur partner decides to get married to someone else. U don't expect me to stay like that while my partner has gotten married to someone else. That's why the Bible said that, it's not all men that can recieve it.
Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by Kobojunkie: 5:29pm On Apr 14, 2022
Truvelisback:
1. Yes, it isn't not a sin if the reason is justifiable. A justifiable

2. Remarriage shouldn't be a sin either. I.e if ur partner decides to get married to someone else. U don't expect me to stay like that while my partner has gotten married to someone else. That's why the Bible said that, it's not all men that can recieve it.
1. That's incorrect! Divorce is not a sin and so no reason to provide any other what you call justification. Once you and your spouse chose divorce, that na una business and no others. undecided

2. If obeying God is of importance to you, then you will note that God allows Remarriage only in the case that there was sexual sin in your last marriage. Otherwise, remarriage is sin. undecided
Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by Truvelisback(m): 5:45pm On Apr 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. That's incorrect! Divorce is not a sin and so no reason to provide any other what you call justification. Once you and your spouse chose divorce, that na una business and no others. undecided

2. If obeying God is of importance to you, then you will note that God allows Remarriage only in the case that there was sexual sin in your last marriage. Otherwise, remarriage is sin. undecided
In the case ur partner marries another, what would u do?
Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by Kobojunkie: 5:48pm On Apr 14, 2022
Truvelisback:
In the case ur partner marries another, what would u do?
I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I do as Jesus Christ commands, not as others do. lipsrsealed
Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by Truvelisback(m): 5:53pm On Apr 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I do as Jesus Christ commands, not as others do. lipsrsealed
What would u do?
Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by Kobojunkie: 5:56pm On Apr 14, 2022
Truvelisback:
What would u do?
Nothing.. undecided
Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by Truvelisback(m): 6:02pm On Apr 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Nothing.. undecided
That means, u won't get married and remain like that while ur partner is married to someone else? grin
Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by Kobojunkie: 6:04pm On Apr 14, 2022
Truvelisback:
That means, u won't get married and remain like that while ur partner is married to someone else? grin
Why care so much about what someone you divorced is doing or not doing for Pete's sake? undecided
Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by Truvelisback(m): 6:06pm On Apr 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Why care so much about what someone you divorced is doing or not doing for Pete's sake? undecided
U like beating around the bush.
Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by Kobojunkie: 6:08pm On Apr 14, 2022
Truvelisback:
U like beating around the bush.
Do you even understand what it means to beat about the Bush at all? undecided

I already told you, straight up, my stance as far as these things are concerned. I don't live my life the way others do. Such endeavors are meaningless to me.undecided
Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by Magnoliaa(f): 6:59pm On Apr 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Stay unmarried then.
Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by Kobojunkie: 7:00pm On Apr 14, 2022
Magnoliaa:
Stay unmarried then.
If you were cheated on, why not remarry? undecided
If the next one cheats as well, feel free to remarry... no sin committed. grin
Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by Magnoliaa(f): 7:02pm On Apr 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If you were cheated on, why not remarry? undecided
If the next one cheats as well, feel free to remarry... no sin committed. grin

If there was no cheating involved nko?
Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by Kobojunkie: 7:04pm On Apr 14, 2022
Magnoliaa:
If there was no cheating involved nko?
It is sin to remarry anyone other your than your former spouse in that case. undecided
Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by Magnoliaa(f): 7:06pm On Apr 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
It is sin to remarry anyone other your than your former spouse in that case. undecided

Kobojunkie, if your partner did not cheat, and you did not cheat, but your partner divorces you, will you remarry or stay single?

Don't be stressing me. angry Iru kini gbogbo eleyi na??
Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by Kobojunkie: 7:08pm On Apr 14, 2022
Magnoliaa:
Kobojunkie, if your partner did not cheat, and you did not cheat, but your partner divorces you, will you remarry or stay single?

Don't be stressing me. angry Iru kini gbogbo eleyi na??
I will stay single unless the possibility of reunion presents itself. undecided
Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by Magnoliaa(f): 7:13pm On Apr 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I will stay single unless the possibility of reunion presents itself. undecided

And that's what I want to know. And you're going to Shagamu-Ore expressway loun loun. undecided
Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by Kobojunkie: 7:13pm On Apr 14, 2022
Magnoliaa:
And that's what I want to know. And you're going to Shagamu-Ore expressway loun loun. undecided
But I already stated that in my earlier response though. undecided
Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by Magnoliaa(f): 7:15pm On Apr 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
But I already stated that in my earlier response though. undecided

I no see am.
Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by Kobojunkie: 7:17pm On Apr 14, 2022
Magnoliaa:
I no see am.
In the response to Truvel
Kobojunkie:
Since Jesus Christ says it is sin to remarry in absence of sexual sin, then I chose not to sin. undecided
Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by Magnoliaa(f): 7:21pm On Apr 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
In the response to Truvel
Since Jesus Christ says it is sin to remarry in absence of sexual sin, then I chose not to sin. undecided

I don see am.
Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by tctrills: 9:28pm On Apr 14, 2022
Truvelisback:
No one said it was going to be easy or always safe to obey God as all times that does not mean we should change God's words
Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by Truvelisback(m): 9:53pm On Apr 14, 2022
tctrills:

No one said it was going to be easy or always safe to obey God as all times that does not mean we should change God's words
I didn't change God's word, that was what was written.
Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by Truvelisback(m): 10:09pm On Apr 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If ur own wife dumps u to marry another man, will u remain unmarried? I need a "Yes or "No.
Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by tctrills: 10:10pm On Apr 14, 2022
Truvelisback:
I didn't change God's word, that was what was written.
God never asked you to break what he put together.
Let me ask you, should a man divorce his wife if she verbally abuses him?
Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by Kobojunkie: 10:11pm On Apr 14, 2022
Truvelisback:
If ur own wife dumps u to marry another man, will u remain unmarried? I need a "Yes or "No.
No, I won't! undecided
Re: Jesus Command Abt Divorce Is Not For Everyone. by Truvelisback(m): 10:14pm On Apr 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
No, I won't! undecided
Lol, u will. U are just saying it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Truth About Hip Hop / Between Obasanjo And Adeboye / I Was Told Tmc Are Hypocrites?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.