Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

If Whatsapp Messages Are Encrypted End To End, How Then Do They Leak? - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / If Whatsapp Messages Are Encrypted End To End, How Then Do They Leak? (34016 Views)

Twitter DMs To Have End To End Encryption - Elon Musk / Encrypted Messages And Files On Gionee M6 Mirror / How To Retract Whatsapp Messages At Anytime Even After A Week! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Whatsapp Messages Are Encrypted End To End, How Then Do They Leak? by emecheboy2(m): 9:24pm On Apr 18, 2022
Well in terms of end to end encryption WhatsApp dey learn where Telegram dey. What do you even mean by leak self.
Re: If Whatsapp Messages Are Encrypted End To End, How Then Do They Leak? by caye(m): 11:03pm On Apr 18, 2022
WhizdomXX:

But bitcoin cannot be hacked.

Hush puppy's own nko?
Re: If Whatsapp Messages Are Encrypted End To End, How Then Do They Leak? by LoudlyMouthed: 12:18am On Apr 19, 2022
A word is enough for the wise
litigator:

You get the point. There are always keyword filters and we know what this means. Telegram ain’t so safe either.

Hence most people pay for their own encrypted communication modalities. Even that ain’t 100% safe cos FBI and co can still eve drop.

Lobatan?
Re: If Whatsapp Messages Are Encrypted End To End, How Then Do They Leak? by FireUpNow(m): 12:35am On Apr 19, 2022
brightalo1010:

Keep quiet abeg, go and read what encrypted means before you start this your jargon
professor of computer programming thank you ooo.
Re: If Whatsapp Messages Are Encrypted End To End, How Then Do They Leak? by 1868htt: 5:21am On Apr 19, 2022
[s]
Mooh247:
WhatsApp messages don't leak people share them via screenshot
[/s]
Re: If Whatsapp Messages Are Encrypted End To End, How Then Do They Leak? by Tundex911: 5:26am On Apr 19, 2022
Na 3rd party dey leak am, or your enemies

Peace ✌️
Re: If Whatsapp Messages Are Encrypted End To End, How Then Do They Leak? by Nobody: 7:46am On Apr 19, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Did they hack the wire? Or did they use social engineering to perform their hack? The weakest point in any security system is the human interface. I give you and Hushpuppi 100 years with an encryption algorithm. I will encrypt the info and keep the encryption key. Deploy all the resources in your arsenal to brute force the key. 100 years. Tell me the content of the encryption message.

Which social engineering.

This is what happened

The Bank of Valletta cyber-heist took place on February 13, 2019. Using malware planted on the bank's internal servers, hackers transfered €13 million ($14.7 million) from the bank's internal systems to accounts in the UK, the US, the Czech Republic, and Hong Kong.
Re: If Whatsapp Messages Are Encrypted End To End, How Then Do They Leak? by airsaylongcome: 8:32am On Apr 19, 2022
Okonandmary:

Which social engineering.

This is what happened

The Bank of Valletta cyber-heist took place on February 13, 2019. Using malware planted on the bank's internal servers, hackers transfered €13 million ($14.7 million) from the bank's internal systems to accounts in the UK, the US, the Czech Republic, and Hong Kong.

Do you know what social engineering is? Or you think malware just get planted on servers anyhow?

Social engineering whether it's getting someone to click a link, or download a malicious email attachment, or eve open a malicious email is always the first stage of an attack. Because it's easier to compromise the human being than waste time trying to break into the system
Re: If Whatsapp Messages Are Encrypted End To End, How Then Do They Leak? by PilotOne: 10:24pm On Apr 19, 2022
This should make a good interview question for software engineers especially those who have worked with encryption. Just to check critical reasoning.

Yes, it’s probably impossible to break an end to end encryption which uses a good algorithm. I said probably because nothing is impossible. The tech to break may be out there but well hidden.

The main problem with WhatsApp is that it’s not opensource. We cannot see their code. We do not know if they are stealing our private keys and somehow uploading to their servers.

So everyone here going on about WhatsApp end to end encryption, is basing their argument on the premise that we trust Facebook, which is just laughable.

You can only really trust an opensource end to end encrypted app because you can verify the code and make sure the private keys are not being tampered with.
Re: If Whatsapp Messages Are Encrypted End To End, How Then Do They Leak? by Eaglesence: 9:41am On Apr 28, 2022
BlaqFaze:
If it's a serious case, your best bet is to factory reset your phone and creating new accounts: email, WhatsApp, etc

Hi, I lost your number after I factory reset my phone. I have another problem can you help?
I forgot my Gmail password and when I kept trying the ones I remember, I was Google responded by saying I have tried too many times and I should wait for a few hours but this is the second day now and the same message keeps popping up sad sad
Re: If Whatsapp Messages Are Encrypted End To End, How Then Do They Leak? by BlaqFaze: 10:46am On Apr 28, 2022
Eaglesence:

Hi, I lost your number after I factory reset my phone. I have another problem can you help?
I forgot my Gmail password and when I kept trying the ones I remember, I was Google responded by saying I have tried too many times and I should wait for a few hours but this is the second day now and the same message keeps popping up sad sad
Make sure you have the number you used to register the Gmail account, then use this link to recover the account:
https://accounts.google.com/signin/v2/recoveryidentifier?flowName=GlifWebSignIn&flowEntry=AccountRecovery
Re: If Whatsapp Messages Are Encrypted End To End, How Then Do They Leak? by Eaglesence: 11:18am On Apr 28, 2022
BlaqFaze:
Make sure you have the number you used to register the Gmail account, then use this link to recover the account:
https://accounts.google.com/signin/v2/recoveryidentifier?flowName=GlifWebSignIn&flowEntry=AccountRecovery

Haba, I you won't give me your number again? sad I used the link you gave me and it worked. You be genius oo
Re: If Whatsapp Messages Are Encrypted End To End, How Then Do They Leak? by Eaglesence: 12:11pm On Apr 28, 2022
BlaqFaze:

Thanks.

What do you think? I want to go for gbwhatsapps again sad
Re: If Whatsapp Messages Are Encrypted End To End, How Then Do They Leak? by Eaglesence: 2:58pm On Apr 29, 2022
BlaqFaze:

Blaze, ya don't want to give me your number again abi? Abi?

Please naaaa sad
Re: If Whatsapp Messages Are Encrypted End To End, How Then Do They Leak? by BlaqFaze: 3:04pm On Apr 29, 2022
Eaglesence:

Blaze, ya don't want to give me your number again abi? Abi?

Please naaaa sad
I didn't give you my num before...

anyway sha:
Re: If Whatsapp Messages Are Encrypted End To End, How Then Do They Leak? by Eaglesence: 3:34pm On Apr 29, 2022
BlaqFaze:
I didn't give you my num before...

anyway sha: 09081436674

But we chatted and you told me what I can do about my What's app being hacked...?? (scratch head...)

Abi? Bros no be you?
Re: If Whatsapp Messages Are Encrypted End To End, How Then Do They Leak? by BlaqFaze: 3:35pm On Apr 29, 2022
Eaglesence:

But we chatted and you told me what I can do about my What's app being hacked...?? (scratch head...)

Abi? Bros no be you?
it's not me o
Re: If Whatsapp Messages Are Encrypted End To End, How Then Do They Leak? by Eaglesence: 3:38pm On Apr 29, 2022
BlaqFaze:
it's not me o

Hummm.. Anyway, thanks for sharing your number. Hope I can call/whatsapp whenever I gat tech prob? grin
Re: If Whatsapp Messages Are Encrypted End To End, How Then Do They Leak? by BlaqFaze: 9:15pm On Apr 29, 2022
Eaglesence:

Hummm.. Anyway, thanks for sharing your number. Hope I can call/whatsapp whenever I gat tech prob? grin
ok no probs..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

TECNO Unveils Spark 9 Pro Sport Edition, Designed By Bmw's Designworks / He Scammed Her Of 70k And Still Wants To Sleep With Her / NIN: Large Crowds Gather At NIMC Offices In Lagos, Flout COVID-19 Protocol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.