Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Wealthy Men Don't Allow Their Children To Attend Polytechnics - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wealthy Men Don't Allow Their Children To Attend Polytechnics (974 Views)

Why Most Guys Don't Allow Their Younger Sister To Date Their Friends? / Men! Don't You Ever Be A Nice Guy To Her (photo) / South African Woman States Why Men Don't Want To Leave Her Alone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wealthy Men Don't Allow Their Children To Attend Polytechnics by Localemperor: 9:40pm On Apr 14, 2022
Speaking from experience, I attended one of the most prominent polytechnic ( before crossing over to the university) in the country. A class of 126 students and I can say categorically that none of us are from a wealthy home. Most are from the middle class while the rest are from homes with limited means.

I thought they say polytechnics teaches practical knowledge, and you would be good in practical stuff. Does it mean that rich and wealthy people don't want their kids to acquire practical knowledge or is there something they are not telling us?
Re: Wealthy Men Don't Allow Their Children To Attend Polytechnics by LordIsaac(m): 9:42pm On Apr 14, 2022
Most wealthy men's children have complete O'level to enter the University.
Re: Wealthy Men Don't Allow Their Children To Attend Polytechnics by immortalcrown(m): 9:42pm On Apr 14, 2022
grin
Okirika na quality cloths but e get why dem cheap.

3 Likes

Re: Wealthy Men Don't Allow Their Children To Attend Polytechnics by Localemperor: 9:46pm On Apr 14, 2022
LordIsaac:
Most wealthy men's children have complete O'level to enter the University.
Are you saying most polytechnic students don't have a complete O level result?
Re: Wealthy Men Don't Allow Their Children To Attend Polytechnics by Localemperor: 9:51pm On Apr 14, 2022
grin grin I no understand you oo
immortalcrown:
grin
Okirika na quality cloths but e get why dem cheap.
Re: Wealthy Men Don't Allow Their Children To Attend Polytechnics by haslaw(m): 10:05pm On Apr 14, 2022
Localemperor:
Speaking from experience, I attended one of the most prominent polytechnic ( before crossing over to the university) in the country. A class of 126 students and I can say categorically that none of us are from a wealthy home. Most are from the middle class while the rest are from homes with limited means.

I thought they say polytechnics teaches practical knowledge, and you would be good in practical stuff. Does it mean that rich and wealthy people don't want their kids to acquire practical knowledge or is there something they are not telling us?

I believe you are correct. I studied electrical engineering in a first generation federal university and i can tell you that most of my classmates were kids of the affluent . About 20% of my class were children of professors lecturing in that same school.

Polytechnics are not designed to produce managers. There could be exception here and there but Polytechnics are supposed to produce workers while Universities are designed to produce managers, entrepreneurs, businessmen, captains of industry, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Wealthy Men Don't Allow Their Children To Attend Polytechnics by Camelot65: 10:08pm On Apr 14, 2022
Because they can.
Why take their kids to polythenics when there are universities with better standards?

You'd do same if in their shoes.

1 Like

Re: Wealthy Men Don't Allow Their Children To Attend Polytechnics by Chikarata2020(m): 10:10pm On Apr 14, 2022
Most wealthy men's children are normally seen in various standard private and state universities. A good percentage can be seen in Federal school too, big men knows that poly na waste of time
Re: Wealthy Men Don't Allow Their Children To Attend Polytechnics by LordIsaac(m): 10:35pm On Apr 14, 2022
Localemperor:
Are you saying most polytechnic students don't have a complete O level result?
3 credits and low Jamb score is all you need for pre-nd and even ND1.
Re: Wealthy Men Don't Allow Their Children To Attend Polytechnics by obyrich(m): 10:37pm On Apr 14, 2022
haslaw:

I believe you are correct. I studied electrical engineering in a first generation federal university and i can tell you that most of my classmates were kids of the affluent . About 20% of my class were children of professors lecturing in that same school.

Polytechnics are not designed to produce managers. There could be exception here and there but Polytechnics are supposed to produce workers while Universities are designed to produce managers, entrepreneurs, businessmen, captains of industry, etc.
These are misconceptions.
Re: Wealthy Men Don't Allow Their Children To Attend Polytechnics by Demigod22: 12:40pm On Apr 15, 2022
OP, you are making a vital point. Although I attended University but out of 120 students in my class, we are all from average home. One of my lecturer will tell us bluntly that if we have money we won't be here schooling.

The idea of meeting rich kids in school is the hand work of Emeka Ike and Nollywood. It happen in rare cases.

(1) (Reply)

Use Salt And Bitterleaf To Recover Your Stolen Glory. / "Shame On You For Exposing Your Puhna" - Fan Blasts Tiwa Savage In Her New Pics / Do You Like It Shaved Or Hairy 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.