Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? (910 Views)

What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? / Pastor Rukendo Peters Buys Wheelchair For Crippled Man Who Came For Dedication / Snake That Came To Attack RCCG Pastor Daniel In Lagos Dies As Pastor Preaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:59am On Apr 15, 2022
What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus?

John 18:3-6 (KJV)

Judas then, having received a band of men and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, cometh thither with lanterns and torches and weapons.
Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye?
They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them.
As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

What could have possibly made those who came to arrest Jesus to fall to the ground?

Now these men included some Roman soldiers and officers, and they were said to have also come with weapons to arrest Jesus who obviously had no such weapons with Him, yet instead of arresting Him, they fell before Him, so what could have fallen them?

Is it fear or shock?

This instance alone proved that no one, not even the Roman army as a whole could have been able to arrest Jesus or dared touch Him if He wasn't willing to be arrested.

That confirmed the saying of Jesus' that no one could take His life from Him but He was the One who was willing to lay it down.

John 10:17-18 (KJV)

No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

So Jesus had to be willing to make His arrest possible. He made it possible despite having the power to prevent it from happening. He had all the power to destroy all those who came to arrest Him in one single strike, but instead of using the unprecedented weight of power at His disposal to kill and destroy them all, He would use it to heal one of those who came to arrest Him after one of His disciples had cut off the person's ear.

Luke 22:50-51 (KJV)

And one of them smote the servant of the high priest, and cut off his right ear.
And Jesus answered and said, Suffer ye thus far. And he touched his ear, and healed him.

He yielded Himself humbly as a lamb for the slaughter because of the love He had for His Father and His sheep.

John 14:30-31 (KJV)

Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

John 15:13 (KJV)

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

What a Man!

God bless.

1 Like

Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by chatinent: 8:05am On Apr 15, 2022
By now Judas Iscariot don receive alert. By now he dey plan recontest election to become President...former governor of Lagos o.
Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 15, 2022
Deep lesson. May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with us forever, amen.

1 Like

Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:31am On Apr 15, 2022
Jesus is the Archangel Michael!
Archangel means the one and only angel directly created by the Almighty God {Colossians 1:15}
He participated during the creation of all things! Colossians 1:16
His voice is what calls all other angels in heaven to worship the Almighty God that's why he is fittingly called the WORD! John 1:1

So seeing humans who are like ants coming to arrest the commander in chief of all the armies in heaven {Matthew 25:31 compare to Revelations 12:9} he was enraged and so Jesus spoke with his voice as in the voice of the Archangel {1Thessalonians 4:16} in which there is power to destroy evildoers {Revelations 1:16; 19:15} that's why all those evildoers fell down and DIED but Jesus have to raise them again to accomplish all that's written about the Messiah! John 19:30

Do you notice that Jesus' voice didn't affect his loyal disciples?
Well that's how obedient and righteous ones will flourish in the kingdom of our God! Psalms 72:7; 92:12; Proverbs 11:28
It's with this same voice that Jesus will call all righteous people who are sleeping in death back to life {John 5:28-29} but there are many nice and kindhearted people who never had the opportunity of knowing the true God, they will also hear the voice of the Archangel and they will be resurrected as UNRIGHTEOUS ones because they never knew the righteousness of God!

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by xproducer: 8:37am On Apr 15, 2022
Yes indeed, the Lord JESUS, the CHRIST was asserting His power and Divinity!

"No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father." - John 10:18

+++

Falling on one's face is indicative of worshiping GOD, to Whom power belongs! (Psalm 62:11)

"And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth." - 1 Corinthians 14:25

"And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying, As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations." - Genesis 17:3-4

"And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the Lord am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?" - Joshua 5:14 (Also 1 Samuel 5:3-4)

===

Falling backward (much like the so called phenomenon seen in some churches, i.e. being "slain in the spirit" ) is indicative of judgment / death

"Dan shall be a serpent by the way, an adder in the path, that biteth the horse heels, so that his rider shall fall backward." - Genesis 49:17

"But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken." - Isaiah 28:13
Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by orisa37: 9:23am On Apr 15, 2022
THE HOLY SPIRIT TOOK CONTROL FROM THAT POINT!!!
Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by Jokerman(m): 9:43am On Apr 15, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
Jesus is the Archangel Michael!
Archangel means the one and only angel directly created by the Almighty God {Colossians 1:15}
He participated during the creation of all things! Colossians 1:16
His voice is what calls all other angels in heaven to worship the Almighty God that's why he is fittingly called the WORD! John 1:1

So seeing humans who are like ants coming to arrest the commander in chief of all the armies in heaven {Matthew 25:31 compare to Revelations 12:9} he was enraged and so Jesus spoke with his voice as in the voice of the Archangel {1Thessalonians 4:16} in which there is power to destroy evildoers {Revelations 1:16; 19:15} that's why all those evildoers fell down and DIED but Jesus have to raise them again to accomplish all that's written about the Messiah! John 19:30

Do you notice that Jesus' voice didn't affect his loyal disciples?
Well that's how obedient and righteous ones will flourish in the kingdom of our God! Psalms 72:7; 92:12; Proverbs 11:28
It's with this same voice that Jesus will call all righteous people who are sleeping in death back to life {John 5:28-29} but there are many nice and kindhearted people who never had the opportunity of knowing the true God, they will also hear the voice of the Archangel and they will be resurrected as UNRIGHTEOUS ones because they never knew the righteousness of God!

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

Who said Jesus is angel Michael?

2 Likes

Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:13am On Apr 15, 2022
Jokerman:

Who said Jesus is angel Michael?

So after going through the post and Bible verses this is the only point you wish to know.

Well it's a sacred secret that was revealed only to the real BORN AGAIN Christians!

The scriptures never mentioned Jesus in the Hebrew-Aramaic Scriptures (Old Testament) but due to the prophecies fulfilled in the lives of Jesus Christ we know that he is the one those scriptures were pointing to.

So read the Bible book of Daniel 12:1-3 prayerfully and don't allow dogmas to blur your insight this time but as you read meditate on what God's word says Archangel Michael will do for God's people then compare to what the Bible says Jesus will accomplish.

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by Jokerman(m): 11:28am On Apr 15, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

So after going through the post and Bible verses this is the only point you wish to know.

Well it's a sacred secret that was revealed only to the real BORN AGAIN Christians!

The scriptures never mentioned Jesus in the Hebrew-Aramaic Scriptures (Old Testament) but due to the prophecies fulfilled in the lives of Jesus Christ we know that he is the one those scriptures were pointing to.

So read the Bible book of Daniel 12:1-3 prayerfully and don't allow dogmas to blur your insight this time but as you read meditate on what God's word says Archangel Michael will do for God's people then compare to what the Bible says Jesus will accomplish.

May you have PEACE! smiley

You reduce the divinity of Jesus Christ to an arch angel?

1 Like

Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:44am On Apr 15, 2022
Jokerman:

You reduce the divinity of Jesus Christ to an arch angel?

You want to trash knowledge from God's word for religious dogmas!
Is there anywhere the "divinity of Jesus Christ" is found written in the Bible?
Well that's what dogmas does to people! undecided
Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by Jokerman(m): 2:03pm On Apr 15, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You want to trash knowledge from God's word for religious dogmas!
Is there anywhere the "divinity of Jesus Christ" is found written in the Bible?
Well that's what dogmas does to people! undecided

Are you a JW or seven day adventist?

Do you understand the word "divinty"?
Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:21pm On Apr 15, 2022
Jokerman:

Are you a JW or seven day adventist?
Do you understand the word "divinty"?

My friend, if the WORD is not found WRITTEN in the Bible then it's irrelevant!

What the Bible says is that Jesus WAS God meaning he served that purpose at a point in his lifetime just as Moses WAS God as he also served that purpose at a point in his lifetime, and Apostle Peter (one of the closest confidants of Jesus) confirmed that Jesus is the prophet that came in the manner of Moses {Act 3:22} remember Moses said God will send a prophet like Moses {Deuteronomy 18:18-19} that's exactly what Peter quoted in that verse.
Do you think those talking trash about divinity understood who Jesus is better than Apostle Peter who live, walked and was baptized with God's Holy Spirit in Jesus name? smiley
Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:35am On Apr 17, 2022
Amen!
Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by LordReed(m): 8:49am On Apr 17, 2022
The same thing that powered Voldemort's Avada Kedavra, the author's imagination.
Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by Jokerman(m): 6:24pm On Apr 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

My friend, if the WORD is not found WRITTEN in the Bible then it's irrelevant!

What the Bible says is that Jesus WAS God meaning he served that purpose at a point in his lifetime just as Moses WAS God as he also served that purpose at a point in his lifetime, and Apostle Peter (one of the closest confidants of Jesus) confirmed that Jesus is the prophet that came in the manner of Moses {Act 3:22} remember Moses said God will send a prophet like Moses {Deuteronomy 18:18-19} that's exactly what Peter quoted in that verse.
Do you think those talking trash about divinity understood who Jesus is better than Apostle Peter who live, walked and was baptized with God's Holy Spirit in Jesus name? smiley

1. Jesus is not an angel.

Read the book of Hebrews 1, to understand whom Jesus christ is.

2. Angel Michael is one of the chief angels, not the captain and commander which the Lord Jesus Christ is.

Daniel 10: 13.......The prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days, but Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I was left there with the kings of Persia.... But I will tell you what is inscribed in the book of truth: there is none who contends by my side against these except Michael, your prince.

3. Jesus is God. This is because he's the son of God. He was not created, Angel were.

So my brother... update yourself and pray for revelation.

Even in Jude, during the disputing of Moses body, Angel Michael told the devil, The Lord rebuke you... you can guess whom that is...

1 Like

Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:13pm On Apr 18, 2022
Jokerman:

1. Jesus is not an angel.
Read the book of Hebrews 1, to understand whom Jesus christ is.
2. Angel Michael is one of the chief angels, not the captain and commander which the Lord Jesus Christ is.
Michael is the Archangel {Daniel 12:1} meaning the highest of all angels, that's why only Michael could be spoken of as having his own angels {Revelations 12:7} all the angels are God's children but because Michael is the first of all he leads them until Satan rebelled and some angels joined him in that rebellion so those that joined Satan became his followers!
That's why you can never see any other angel called Archangel in the Bible. So when the Bible say Jesus has his angels {Matthew 25:31} and that he will call with the voice of the Archangel {1Thessalonians 4:16} there's nothing to doubt about him being the same Archangel!
Jokerman:

Daniel 10: 13.......The prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days, but Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I was left there with the kings of Persia.... But I will tell you what is inscribed in the book of truth: there is none who contends by my side against these except Michael, your prince.
As the first creature God made Archangel Michael and other angels created after him were like Princes in heaven that's why he always refer to God as his father they are like the first family in the heavens just as the President and his family are first in any country! John 17:5
Jokerman:

3. Jesus is God. This is because he's the son of God. He was not created, Angel were.
According to the Bible Jesus WAS (not IS) God {John 1:1} and the scriptures said he is the firstborn of all creation {Colossians 1:15} so he was CREATED! Proverbs 8:22
Jokerman:

So my brother... update yourself and pray for revelation.
Even in Jude, during the disputing of Moses body, Angel Michael told the devil, The Lord rebuke you... you can guess whom that is...
Archangel Michael said "JEHOVAH rebuke you" to Satan but because most of the versions you people use today have replaced God's name with the Title LORD you cannot figure out that Michael (Jesus) was disputing with Satan and saying "our father will judge you by Himself"
Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by Jokerman(m): 8:03pm On Apr 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Michael is the Archangel {Daniel 12:1} meaning the highest of all angels, that's why only Michael could be spoken of as having his own angels {Revelations 12:7} all the angels are God's children but because Michael is the first of all he leads them until Satan rebelled and some angels joined him in that rebellion so those that joined Satan became his followers!
That's why you can never see any other angel called Archangel in the Bible. So when the Bible say Jesus has his angels {Matthew 25:31} and that he will call with the voice of the Archangel {1Thessalonians 4:16} there's nothing to doubt about him being the same Archangel!

As the first creature God made Archangel Michael and other angels created after him were like Princes in heaven that's why he always refer to God as his father they are like the first family in the heavens just as the President and his family are first in any country! John 17:5

According to the Bible Jesus WAS (not IS) God {John 1:1} and the scriptures said he is the firstborn of all creation {Colossians 1:15} so he was CREATED! Proverbs 8:22

Archangel Michael said "JEHOVAH rebuke you" to Satan but because most of the versions you people use today have replaced God's name with the Title LORD you cannot figure out that Michael (Jesus) was disputing with Satan and saying "our father will judge you by Himself"

1. There are other arch angels my brother

2. So you are equating the Lord Jesus to be an angel? Hebrews 1:5-8, give a clear description. Angels are not worshipped, only God. Jesus Chris is worshipped by the angels, including the archangels.

3. Michael the archangel, though, is only an angel. He is not God. The clear distinction in the power and authority of Michael and Jesus can be seen in comparing Matthew 4:10 where Jesus rebukes Satan, and Jude verse 9, where Michael the archangel “dared not bring a judgment of blasphemy” against Satan and calls on the Lord to rebuke him. Jesus is God incarnate (John 1:1, 14). Michael the archangel is a powerful angel, but still only an angel.

4. Jesus is also God. Angel Michael is not God. Jesus was also called Emmanuel as well.

They are distinct persons. Michael us chief of the angels, while the Lord Jesus is God.

1 Like

Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:21pm On Apr 18, 2022
Jokerman:

2. So you are equating the Lord Jesus to be an angel? Hebrews 1:5-8, give a clear description. Angels are not worshipped, only God. Jesus Chris is worshipped by the angels, including the archangels.

3. Michael the archangel, though, is only an angel. He is not God. The clear distinction in the power and authority of Michael and Jesus can be seen in comparing Matthew 4:10 where Jesus rebukes Satan, and Jude verse 9, where Michael the archangel “dared not bring a judgment of blasphemy” against Satan and calls on the Lord to rebuke him. Jesus is God incarnate (John 1:1, 14). Michael the archangel is a powerful angel, but still only an angel.

4. Jesus is also God. Angel Michael is not God. Jesus was also called Emmanuel as well.

They are distinct persons. Michael us chief of the angels, while the Lord Jesus is God.
Just quote a verse in the Bible where another angel is called Archangel apart from Michael! smiley
Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by Maynman: 8:22pm On Apr 18, 2022
Jesus is not messiah, he is just one of the messiahs.
Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by Maynman: 8:24pm On Apr 18, 2022
Jokerman:

You need to know the origin of the Bible you are quoting, is it from king james VERSION? A “Jehovah” witness created that VERSION, so “Jehovah” witnesses will probably know it better than anyone.
Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by Jokerman(m): 8:44pm On Apr 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Just quote a verse in the Bible where another angel is called Archangel apart from Michael! smiley

Michael is the only arch angel mentioned in the Bible, however, from Enoch and Jewish writings, there are 7, namely; one for each day of the week (Sunday till Saturday)

• Michael (who is like God)
• Gabriel (strength of God)
• Raphael (healing of God)
• Uriel (light of God)
• Raguel (friend of God)
• Saraqael also Sariel (prince of God)
• Remiel (Thunder of God)

Revelations tell us this;
Revelation 8:1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.
8:2 And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.
Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:11pm On Apr 18, 2022
Jokerman:

Michael is the only arch angel mentioned in the Bible, however, from Enoch and Jewish writings, there are 7, namely; one for each day of the week (Sunday till Saturday)

• Michael (who is like God)
• Gabriel (strength of God)
• Raphael (healing of God)
• Uriel (light of God)
• Raguel (friend of God)
• Saraqael also Sariel (prince of God)
• Remiel (Thunder of God)

Revelations tell us this;
Revelation 8:1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.
8:2 And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.

Apart from Michael and Gabriel, can you quote any scripture where any other angelic name is mentioned?
Well you need to know that those are demons not angels and Enoch never wrote any book! smiley
Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by Maynman: 9:15pm On Apr 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Apart from Michael and Gabriel, can you quote any scripture where any other angelic name is mentioned?
Well you need to know that those are demons not angels and Enoch never wrote any book! smiley

Enoch wrote a book the same way you think Moses wrote a book.
Just because it’s not in king James VERSION doesn’t mean there is not.
Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by Jokerman(m): 10:06pm On Apr 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

If Enoch never wrote any book, why then did St Peter and St Jude, quote him??

Hope you know Lucifer is an angel, same as Abaddon mentioned in Revelations, just that they are fallen angels....
Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:00am On Apr 19, 2022
Jokerman:

Hope you know Lucifer is an angel, same as Abaddon mentioned in Revelations, just that they are fallen angels....

Jesus promised the first century Jewish disciples that God's Holy Spirit will teach them many sacred secrets {John 14:26; 16:12-13} so there are many things that nobody knew before then until the Holy Spirit revealed to the first century Jewish disciples of Christ.

For instance, when Balak asked Ballam to help him cause the Israelites {Numbers 24:1-10} it failed but shortly after then 24,000 Israelites died because the Israelites men were committing sexual immorality with the daughters of Moab. Numbers 25:1-9

Did you know how it all started?
Well it was the same Balaam who later advised the Moabite elders that the only way to make the God is Israel who has been blessing them turn against them is if they're made to commit adultery.
It was a secret not known to anyone not until God's Holy Spirit revealed that secret to Apostle John! Revelations 2:14

Again the only thing all Israelites knew is that Moses died and they never saw his dead body till today, all what they heard is that God buried Moses {Deuteronomy 34:5-7} but it is God's Holy Spirit that revealed to Jude that Satan tried to make use of Moses's body and it turned into a dispute between Michael and Satan! Jude 9

So Enoch never wrote a single book because during his time there was nobody to support him in his preaching against ungodliness that's why God took him away from the midst of those evil people so they won't kill him the same way Cain killed Abel. But what transpired between him and those wicked people was revealed to the first century Christians by God's Holy Spirit!

As for the angels working for God only two were mentioned by name Michael and Gabriel, any other spirit name are demons! smiley
Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:31am On Apr 24, 2022
God is good.
Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by Maynman: 8:32am On Apr 24, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
God is good.
I’m better.
Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by NNTR: 11:32am On Apr 24, 2022
Jokerman:

The apostles Peter and quoted the BoE, just the same way you'll quote the Quran when correcting a muslim brother friend. You quoting from the Quran doesnt indicate nor mean you endorse the Quran.

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by NNTR: 11:33am On Apr 24, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
Daniel 10:13
'But for twenty-one days the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia blocked my way.
Then Michael, one of the archangels, came to help me,
and I left him there with the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia
'

Daniel 10:13, lets you know that there exists more than one archangel smiley

Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:53am On Apr 24, 2022
NNTR:
Daniel 10:13
'But for twenty-one days the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia blocked my way.
Then Michael, one of the archangels, came to help me,
and I left him there with the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia
'

Daniel 10:13, lets you know that there exists more than one archangel smiley

But the prince of the royal realm of Persia stood in opposition to me for 21 days. But then Miʹcha·el, one of the foremost princes, came to help me; and I remained there beside the kings of Persia: NWT

But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia: Holy Bible

Daniel 10:13 But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia. NIV

The prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days; but Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, so I left him there with the prince of the kingdom of Persia: RSV

Abeg which version you dey quote o? smiley
Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by NNTR: 12:25pm On Apr 24, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
But the prince of the royal realm of Persia stood in opposition to me for 21 days. But then Miʹcha·el, one of the foremost princes, came to help me; and I remained there beside the kings of Persia: NWT

But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia: Holy Bible

Daniel 10:13 But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia. NIV

The prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days; but Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, so I left him there with the prince of the kingdom of Persia: RSV

Abeg which version you dey quote o? smiley
Where you read 'Michael, one of the chief princes,' it indicates that there exists, more than one chief prince or more than one archangel

You can learn from any good lexicon that's within your arm reach, that Hebrew word 'hassarim' used in Daniel 10:13, is a late Hebrew word, used especially, at times, for angels, so submitting that 'harishonim hassarim' means 'arch angel' or 'chief angel'

Re: What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:56pm On Apr 24, 2022
NNTR:
Where you read 'Michael, one of the chief princes,' it indicates that there exists, more than one chief prince or more than one archangel

You can learn from any good lexicon that's within your arm reach, that Hebrew word 'hassarim' used in Daniel 10:13, is a late Hebrew word, used especially, at times, for angels, so submitting that 'harishonim hassarim' means 'arch angel' or 'chief angel'

My friend, if your Bible over there can't write "ARCHANGEL" both in Daniel 12:1 and 10:13 then stop deceiving yourself! cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is Juju Either Red Or Black Pieces Of Clothing? / Do Angels Appear As Humans? My Recent Experience In A Roadside Market / Haitian Vodou Devil Pact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.