Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,825 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary (44823 Views)

Real Reasons Tinubu Appointed New Service Chiefs, Others / Keyamo: The G5 And Peter Obi Are The Reasons Tinubu Will Win This Election / Buhari, Tinubu, Akpabio, Oshiomhole, Osinbajo At APC Caucus Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Upworkwriter007(f): 5:58pm On Apr 15, 2022
tunapawizzy:

Consensus..... Now who decides if its a consensus or election, the leadership of the party(in a sane society after due consultation with party members)....are we in a sane society? NO are things done properly by political parties? NO. a lot of people have been shouting for electoral reforms and reforms of the judicial system, but peole think they are just constituting a nuisance. Any Nigerian president has the structure of the ruling party, the judiciary and police and military in their pocket......Nigerians will shout imposition, nothing will come out of it.
ABout the ones u mentioned, do some of them have a price? Absolutely and very cheap too. Will some of them trade Tinubu's support for EFCC getting off their back? YES. Will some of them trade Tinubu's support for 2nd term assurance? A VERY BIG YES. Does Tinubu have enough time to float a new party and use that party to win an election? I do not think so. Will he join PDP? I may be wrong but i doubt it. Do not trust politicians. No permanent friend or foe in politics. Its a game of interest for them
You keep missing an important piece. Consensus works the moment Tinubu and others agrees to step down for other candidate. Remember that other contestants in the primaries were asked to step down for a consensus. Even at that, some candidates still refused, and election was done for some positions. If a single candidate refuses to step down for consensus, then it has to be primaries.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 15, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Nonsense dull children, no wonder @ your age you are still whining like an infant?

It is his party, then why did President Buhari not choose Bola Tinubu as his running mate in 2015?

Quote me after the Primaries.
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Upworkwriter007(f): 6:00pm On Apr 15, 2022
tunapawizzy:

Consensus..... Now who decides if its a consensus or election, the leadership of the party(in a sane society after due consultation with party members)....are we in a sane society? NO are things done properly by political parties? NO. a lot of people have been shouting for electoral reforms and reforms of the judicial system, but peole think they are just constituting a nuisance. Any Nigerian president has the structure of the ruling party, the judiciary and police and military in their pocket......Nigerians will shout imposition, nothing will come out of it.
ABout the ones u mentioned, do some of them have a price? Absolutely and very cheap too. Will some of them trade Tinubu's support for EFCC getting off their back? YES. Will some of them trade Tinubu's support for 2nd term assurance? A VERY BIG YES. Does Tinubu have enough time to float a new party and use that party to win an election? I do not think so. Will he join PDP? I may be wrong but i doubt it. Do not trust politicians. No permanent friend or foe in politics. Its a game of interest for them
How many of them have efcc cases? you'll send Efcc against the rep and senate cacus? really? everyone? You can't get a consensus without Tinubu agreeing to it.
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by TheDemola: 6:00pm On Apr 15, 2022
It's Jagaban's party and everyone knows he invited Prof to eat? Ok grin
Siwel25:

Not everyone throws morality to the dogs. For instance, Tinubu stood with MKO till death. I am not the one who is even mentioning morality, the Northerners are insisting they have a moral burden. Even Abu Ibrahim said no one will trust his people if they don't deliver the Presidency to Jagaban. There's nowhere in history where people openly associate with an aspirant and turn back cos of an outgoing President. Especially a broke one like Buhari. You can be sure that 90 year old Tanko Yankassai will look Buhari in the face and tell him not to be an ingrate; You can be sure that Ganduje will deliver 95% of Kano votes. Same as Niger Governor.

Can Osinbajo sponsor the elections of 20 Legislators in the North? Can Buhari give each of them 10million naira? I expect Prof to step down at the venue of the primaries to save face. It's Jagaban's party and everyone knows he invited Prof to eat. It's Prof who will be seen as an opportunist and a dangerous person to be trusted.
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by buckeyemedia: 6:01pm On Apr 15, 2022
Siwel25:

Quote me after the Primaries.
Definitely I know you are associated with MURIC? Southern President in Nigeria is exclusively for the Christians, that is how Nigeria is designed, since independence name one Southern Muslim that has ruled Nigeria?

Even his mentor Obafemi Awolowo would not have subscribed to Bola Tinubu.

I believe you undermine the power of The Christian Association of Nigeria?
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by laughitall(m): 6:04pm On Apr 15, 2022
ipobarecriminals:
sad opinion after opinion.Well,we'll know the flag bearer soon. I'm a Tinubus but the body language of baba Bubu,kebbi state gov etc nor be here.Baba already told us that he won't mention the name of his" paddy' make dem nor kill am.(Not Tinubu sha).Make dem nor give Pa Tee ,Ambode maximum shishi
so na buhari go choose president for us .. most of una brain Dey upside down !
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by snoopz: 6:06pm On Apr 15, 2022
Pls remove that last one, you can't trust any politician in Nigeria
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Fiscus105(m): 6:07pm On Apr 15, 2022
Siwel25:

Reality will soon stare U at the face. The funny thing is, even Osinbajo and Buhari will be banking on Tinubu's structure if they win the primaries. Lolz. The reality is that, there's no more father Christmas and Jagaban's allies do not have another time to pay him back but NOW. U guys said the same in 2015 even when the grassroots was in Buhari's favour, U kept deceiving yourselves. The National Assembly caucus and most swing states are for Asiwaju. No wonder Lawan told Osinbajo - "we wish u Goodluck ".. Just watch!

Oga nothing will happen, after pry they will appeal for him and he must accept appeal, tinubu no be bastard nah.

And if he refused, nothing and nothing will happen, last time I checked, tinubu struggled to win for sanwo-olu in Lagos
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by yommen: 6:07pm On Apr 15, 2022
trutharena:
Below is my own reason why.

Tinubu has destroyed his legacy due to his silence during ENDSARS protest. The number of touts and the way they harass motorists too on Lagos roads aren't doing justice to Tinubu's reputation.

You listed achievements that only Lagos state benefited from out of 36 states. Is it only Lagos that will vote? Everything you listed is on education. Its not all Lagosians that benefited from these things because there are hundreds of thousands of private schools too who do not benefit from him.

Moreover, does it now mean someone like Peter Obi didn't perform in his state? Sorry is your case Sir.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Adedotun13(m): 6:09pm On Apr 15, 2022
Man wey sabi #BAT23
PassingShot:

Osinbajo will be taught a classic political lesson.
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by buckeyemedia: 6:09pm On Apr 15, 2022
Siwel25:

Reality will soon stare U at the face. The funny thing is, even Osinbajo and Buhari will be banking on Tinubu's structure if they win the primaries. Lolz. The reality is that, there's no more father Christmas and Jagaban's allies do not have another time to pay him back but NOW. U guys said the same in 2015 even when the grassroots was in Buhari's favour, U kept deceiving yourselves. The National Assembly caucus and most swing states are for Asiwaju. No wonder Lawan told Osinbajo - "we wish u Goodluck ".. Just watch!
I know people like you really support pdp, all this Bola Tinubu talk is deceptive, & is the easiest way for pdp to win the presidency?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 15, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Definitely I know you are associated with MURIC? Southern President in Nigeria is exclusively for the Christians, that is how Nigeria is designed, since independence name one Southern Muslim that has ruled Nigeria?

Even his mentor Obafemi Awolowo would not have subscribed to Bola Tinubu.

I believe you undermine the power of The Christian Association of Nigeria?

I am an Anglican and I was confirmed decades ago and know the creeds by heart. I lead the archdeaconry youths. I am more Christian than you can be.. The Christianity in me does not cherish treachery and I was taught to appreciate whoever God uses to bring me up. Clearly, your own Christianity taught U otherwise. Cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by ipobarecriminals: 6:10pm On Apr 15, 2022
laughitall:
so na buhari go choose president for us .. most of una brain Dey upside down !
include your father brain
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by buckeyemedia: 6:11pm On Apr 15, 2022
PassingShot:

children, I don’t blame you, all that glitters in politics, is not victory.

Bola Ahmed Tinubu will never be APC’s candidate.
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by laughitall(m): 6:11pm On Apr 15, 2022
TheDemola:
Someone should remind me if GEJ had the so called 'political structures' before becoming President �
not with someone like jagaban !..
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by trutharena: 6:11pm On Apr 15, 2022
yommen:

Tinubu has destroyed his legacy due to his silence during ENDSARS protest. The number of touts and the way they harass motorists too on Lagos roads aren't doing justice to Tinubu's reputation.

You listed achievements that only Lagos state benefited from out of 36 states. Is it only Lagos that will vote? Everything you listed is on education. Its not all Lagosians that benefited from these things because there are hundreds of thousands of private schools too who do not benefit from him.

Moreover, does it now mean someone like Peter Obi didn't perform in his state? Sorry is your case Sir.

Have an open mind. Why should all state benefit from Tinubu? Has he held any federal appointment?

You asked me why I am supporting him and I gave you example of his performance as governor. That’s education alone, he performed well in other sectors and if you want I can list them.

The rest of what you wrote make no sense. Tinubu is not the man that send military to Endsars protest so how is that his business?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by buckeyemedia: 6:12pm On Apr 15, 2022
Siwel25:

I am an Anglican and I was confirmed decades ago and know the creeds by heart. I lead the archdeaconry youths. I am more Christian than you can be.. The Christianity in me does not cherish treachery and I was taught to appreciate whoever God uses to bring me up. Clearly, your own Christianity taught U otherwise. Cheers!
Nonsense Pharisee Christian, story for another day.

I know, you are even more an Apostle than Judas Ischariot?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by laughitall(m): 6:12pm On Apr 15, 2022
ipobarecriminals:
include your father brain
if you call out my father again I will give you dirty slap .. don’t play with me .. make u no go die like chicken
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Emir01: 6:14pm On Apr 15, 2022
Unlike APC chairmanship election, several leaders want consensus and they talked about it during interviews but have not seen any party leader talking about consensus now and I doubt if they will ever support consensus. Buhari can't win primary election for anybody, if not for Tinubu Atiku and kwankwaso wud have floored him. They knew Buhari regime is coming to an end and they need to be loyal to an incoming president. Tinubu has majority backing. It's obvious even outside party he has rich people behind him. APC will still win 2023 presidential election and I see more PDP governors defect to APC.
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by CoachOore: 6:15pm On Apr 15, 2022
Buhari won't choose but Muslim Muslim tickets will not fly and if it fly they should be ready to loose the government to atiku.
The North won't also allow a Christian northern man as VP for seven years. They will rather go for someone that's is strong politically.
That is where osinbajo will be considered.
Which legacy do APC want lay from bringing out Muslim Muslim tickets.
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Excuzeme: 6:15pm On Apr 15, 2022
Siwel25:

Not everyone throws morality to the dogs. For instance, Tinubu stood with MKO till death. I am not the one who is even mentioning morality, the Northerners are insisting they have a moral burden. Even Abu Ibrahim said no one will trust his people if they don't deliver the Presidency to Jagaban. There's nowhere in history where people openly associate with an aspirant and turn back cos of an outgoing President. Especially a broke one like Buhari. You can be sure that 90 year old Tanko Yankassai will look Buhari in the face and tell him not to be an ingrate; You can be sure that Ganduje will deliver 95% of Kano votes. Same as Niger Governor.

Can Osinbajo sponsor the elections of 20 Legislators in the North? Can Buhari give each of them 10million naira? I expect Prof to step down at the venue of the primaries to save face It's Jagaban's party and everyone knows he invited Prof to eat. It's Prof who will be seen as an opportunist and a dangerous person to be trusted.

If you watch the Video of the APC Convention and how the Aspirants were lamenting about what happened, you will see how People who "openly associate with an Aspirant" all turned their back and lined-up behind PMB's Candidate for the Chairman of APC.
Even the Aspirants themselves, lined-up behind their opponents! grin grin
Go and Watch the APC Convention Video again, it is still online.

Northerners dont really lay their Ballot on MONEY, as they do in the South.
In the North, it is all about "What our Leader says".
That is why Northerners vote like Sheep, en-bloc and on the order of whoever is their Leader.
Right now, Buhari is their Leader and they will do whatever he says.

In the south, it is all about "How much our Leader gives us".
That is why Southerners are regularly porting from one Politician, to the other.
It is a matter of who is the "highest Bidder", who can pay more?
maybe Tinubu is the highest Bidder in the South but the Nigerian Presidential Election goes beyond the South!
And with the Power of Incumbency, I am sure Tinubu is not richer than the Central Bank of Nigeria, so if PMB needs to deploy the Crude Earnings of Nigeria for just three days grin grin , Tinubu's Bullion wil be empty before we know it.

Dont also forget that PMB still has control of the Machinery of Govt, DSS, EFCC, Supreme Court, INEC, etc.
If Tinubu wants to form Champion of the South, those Agencies can easily 'cage' him, if need be, on the orders of Aso Rock,
In 2019, when the issue of One Term for PMB came up, EFCC simply dusted the File of Tinubu and "Mr. Jagaban" just piped-down and allowed PMB to have his way.
Tinubu knows that PMB can make or un-make his Presidential ambition and that is why he is shouting all over the place.
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by ipobarecriminals: 6:15pm On Apr 15, 2022
laughitall:
if you call out my father again I will give you dirty slap .. don’t play with me .. make u no go die like chicken
u and ur worthless father will die like ant.May Dangote trailer kill both join.
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by millhouse: 6:17pm On Apr 15, 2022
dedonfranco:
It will be difficult for Osinbajo to beat Tinubu in APC primary.

Tinubu has a political structure of over 25 years

Osinbajo is a VC president of Nigeria (Federal)
story for the gods .. if the Powers that be in the party chooses the VP , if Tinubu like let him get 100 years political structure them no go give am ticket , recall the pdp primaries in 2010 between the then rookie Jonathan and Atiku that played wey into the early hours ( direct primaries )

1 Like

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by yommen: 6:17pm On Apr 15, 2022
chuose2:
Yoruba's dont love themselves, thats why Osinbade is running against his master angry

Osinbajo is a Professor of law. Internationally, Tinubu can't stand alongside Osinbajo. Tinubu wasn't even the one suggested Osinbajo as Vice President.

Secondly, your claim that Yorubas don't live themselves because two Yorubas are contesting against is senseless. In PDP alone, not less than 4 Igbos are contesting. Na Yoruba your always carry for head. Yeye roller!

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by jrusky(m): 6:18pm On Apr 15, 2022
No need to give me reason I had said it long ago except they stop Tinubu from contesting the primary if he is allow to contest sorry to say this, Tinubu will win. Take it or burst it.
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by buckeyemedia: 6:18pm On Apr 15, 2022
Emir01:
Unlike APC chairmanship election, several leaders want consensus and they talked about it during interviews but have not seen any party leader talking about consensus now and I doubt if they will ever support consensus. Buhari can't win primary election for anybody, if not for Tinubu Atiku and kwankwaso wud have floored him. They knew Buhari regime is coming to an end and they need to be loyal to an incoming president. Tinubu has majority backing. It's obvious even outside party he has rich people behind him. APC will still win 2023 presidential election and I see more PDP governors defect to APC.
If APC wants to lose power in 2023, then they can choose Bola Ahmed Tinubu, but the party is bigger than one person’s personal ambition, same way Jonathan made pdp lose in 2015, based on Selfish ambition.
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by nativedoctor(m): 6:19pm On Apr 15, 2022
I am not a politician but what I think about Tinubu and Osinbajo is this.

Quite agreed Tinubu has an impeccable political structure but some members of his camp have lost confidence in his integrity (and health).
He will do better to nominate a candidate who will replicate his grand master plan for Lagos on the federal level.

Osinbajo unfortunately has no manifesto except to carry on what is being left behind which is not working but I believe he has powerful deities beating the drums for him in the bushes which is why he is dancing.

I think the deities behind Osinbajo can further divide Asiwaju's camp with their might.

Considering the other relevant contestants.
Amaechi I believe is just testing the waters and trying to gather followers who he will transfer to someone else.

Peter Obi, has a grand manifesto, has integrity and is gathering quite a crowd considering the fact that a lot of Nigerians are anxious for a change. However Nigeria is not a state and it may take more than 8 years for his plans to play out and Nigerians (especially those who have been used to quick money) to may attack him and try to derail him if he is not firm and focused.

Atiku has the money but Nigerians are fast migrating from money politics. 500k will only last a few weeks for a normal Nigerian.
Besides his integrity is not 100%.
My advice which I think is what he will do as a smart man is to support a candidate and make sure his party wins.

Wike is just joking. He has absolutely no plans to be president. He just wants to flex muscles with APC. He is actually a calm man who doesn't look for trouble but loves to embrace it.

All I stated above are just an individual's opinion.
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Testimony1988(m): 6:19pm On Apr 15, 2022
He will use his money to win the primary election.
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by buckeyemedia: 6:19pm On Apr 15, 2022
jrusky:
No need to give me reason I had said it long ago except they stop Tinubu from contesting the primary if he is allow to contest sorry to say this, Tinubu will win. Take it or burst it.
You people are kids, nobody is giving Bola Tinubu jack shit.
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by kayperry: 6:20pm On Apr 15, 2022
PassingShot:

Well maybe, what most you tew blind to see is PYO is not even the challenge here, BAT contender is LIFE.
You must agree "history is the compass of politics" .. No kingmaker as ever succeeded in crowning himself" except BAT is not a kingmaker then he will be president.

Speaking of structure, no be people be the structure, if BAT antecedent is worth consideration BETRAYAL seems to be his curse. I can't wait buh Life is waiting for BAT cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by buckeyemedia: 6:21pm On Apr 15, 2022
Testimony1988:
He will use his money to win the primary election.
And lose the general election to pdp? Not under President Buhari’s watch.
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by jrusky(m): 6:22pm On Apr 15, 2022
buckeyemedia:
You people are kids, nobody is giving Bola Tinubu jack shit.

Ok. Till then...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Picture Of President Jonathan Hanging For The Last Few Hours At MM Intl Airport / Shehu Sani Reacts To Dangote’s APC Appointment / US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.