Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary (44798 Views)

Real Reasons Tinubu Appointed New Service Chiefs, Others / Keyamo: The G5 And Peter Obi Are The Reasons Tinubu Will Win This Election / Buhari, Tinubu, Akpabio, Oshiomhole, Osinbajo At APC Caucus Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Dukeolumidemans(m): 3:48pm On Apr 15, 2022
For Tinubu to win, all the Northerners and SW should better vote for him otherwise, he will fail woefully...except he want to do the usual boju boju they do during elections.

He is too old and has been using football age to deceive Nigerians. We don't need to thread on this path again. U can see how this present administration and that of Joe Biden of the USA is turning out...a big laughingstock!

Iv always said that the problem with this country is not the North, but the South West, they know the truth but always play the Ostrich because of the little crumbs that fall on their table. If they had held the bull by the horns which is the truth that is ever glaring in the eyes of all as we speak, this country would have seized to exist by now and the new countries would have been competing among themselves by now in terms of growth, development and military strength...but no, we are still struggling to have light and to create a grazing route for cattle!!
Incredible India!!!

I come in peace!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Fiscus105(m): 3:49pm On Apr 15, 2022
Aufbauh:
Seriously I don't know why people can't decode that Prof. Yemi Osinbajo was the 'closet candidate' of PMB.

The gut & courage of Osinbajo to openly challenge his erstwhile benefactor can only be motivated by a mortal superior power backing, who is Mr. President.
No one else could have prompted him out for this challenge, not even an audible voice from God. This is why Osinbajo shouldn't be underrated in this contest.

It is also important to note that the political dynamics of 2023 will be entirely different from 2019. This time around PMB will be interested in who succeeds him. He has already shown that through the election of the APC national executives.

The Nigeria leadership factor shouldn't be wished away. We've already concluded that all Nigeria politicians are the same so, PMB may equally be tempted to play god. That means that PMB to a large extent he'll play pertinent role in who emerges. We should not also forget that he will still remain the president after the primaries for couple of months, so it'll be extremely difficult for governors especially from the north to go against his wish.

Again much is always said about political structure but we shouldn't forget that 'structure' can be built, inherited and bought.

Conclusively this is politics and anything can happen to change the balance of power. One meeting of like minds with Mr President can send BAT to oblivion.

"Absolute power does not only corrupt but attract the corruptible"- Frank Herbert

Oga u dnt need to replying those that are consoling themselves on impending defeat most especially at primary, infact, events of last 4 months about how Buhari deliberately pushing Osinbanjo to different official events are enough for deaf to ear loudly.

If you check PMB's cabinet, larger percentage of those who worked with in him in first term are not only in the cabinet now but also in the same ministry. It's enough for a wise to know that Buhari strongly believes in continuity.

What about CBN? First time one person will serve two terms.

They talked about structure, as if naija politicians are not the most infidelity and disloyal globally.

Those you see behind you, they will leave u unannounced at eleven hour. I think they should ask Eyitayo Jegede on Mimiko, about looking behind and see political structure disappearing and leave you to face ur own hurdle alone in politics. Not even northern politicians that are still much fear and respect Buhari in the north.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by kingyakos: 3:50pm On Apr 15, 2022
This one is still reasoning primaries in this era of consensus candidate....
Fulani don use broom sweep una finish
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Help2020: 3:50pm On Apr 15, 2022
PassingShot:
I read a NL thread https://www.nairaland.com/7077990/why-tinubu-lose-osinbajo-apc#up suggesting reasons why PYO will defeat BAT in the APC primary election to select who flies the ticket of the party in 2023 and I could not help but to laugh at the naivety and desperation of the writer. Well, without paying any attention to the weak and unfounded reasons he presented in his article, I make bold to advance the following arguments to conclude that Jagaban Borgu remains the only candidate who will win the primary contest, barring any last-minute jettisoning of primaries for consensus which is not even contained in the constitution of APC.

1. Tinubu’s political structure and machineries
Even, his political foes will attest to the fact that BAT has built a well-oiled political structure that has not only survived the best of political warriors in OBJ and GEJ (with federal might), his structure has endured the worst of political earthquake and has remained very solid and functioning. In the primary contest for the presidential candidate which will be decided by delegates from APC across the 36 states, Tinubu structure will come in hand to deliver the goods.

2. BAT’s political alliance
This is somewhat related to the first point but not entirely the same. In the course of single-handedly building and strengthening his political base (ACN), Tinubu it was who took ACN into alliance with CPC, ANPP, a faction of APGA and a faction of PDP. In fact, most political watchers agreed that the 2 most important figures in that successful alliance that produced APC are Buhari and Tinubu. The rest were only needed to make up the numbers and the spread. BAT has since that alliance built a working relationship with strong politicians in the north. The likes of Ganduje, Ribadu, Ado Dogawa, Ahmed Lawan, etc. are staunch Tinubu’s supporters who will deliver the delegates from that side of the country.

3. Neutrality of PMB
PMB remains a political juggernaut whose support and influence can, to some extent determine who wins the APC ticket. From what I have read and heard, it was this support that Osinbajo was looking for that delayed his declaration. Unfortunately for him, PMB did not assure him of anything, instead preferring to be neutral and asking all the contestants to work hard to win the ticket. While it is possible for PMB to have a preference for PYO (highly doubtful), Buhari has demonstrated many times that he handles situations like this with utmost maturity and fairness to all involved. If he has forgotten how BAT deployed his resources to make him defeat Atiku and Kwankwaso in 2014 and to win the presidency in 2015 and 2019, he will surely be reminded by his close allies like Ganduje and the Senate President of this fact. And Buhari will choose to remain neutral. It is PYO who needs PMB so much and not the other way round.

4. Clear message of endorsement by the APC Senate and Rep Caucuses
Not many watchers of political development will have missed the enormous support Tinubu enjoys from the APC senators and representatives. They are not hiding it and they have been saying it loud and clear even to the hearing of PYO. You only need to watch the Senate session when BAT paid the APC caucus a visit to intimate them of his ambition. You can also listen to Ado Doguwa’s recent interview on the same subject
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqe6AQllcPA and here https://www.nairaland.com/7079123/doguwa-speaks-bola-tinubus-aspiration. I also read that of the seventy-something invited by PYO for Iftar, only 24 or so honored the invitation with majority of them spotting facemask with BAT logo. These speak volume about their position. They are the people that matter in this election and they are not politicians you can intimidate to change their mind. They believe in BAT and they are ready to reward his past support for them too.

5. Osinbajo has no political structure
After seven years of being the VP of Nigeria, it is a fact that PYO has no political base or structure of note with which he can be guaranteed of delegates votes. This is someone who lost his polling booth in the last general election. Irrespective of whatever sentiment anyone in the party top hierarchy may want to have for a PYO candidacy, they will realize what a dangerous option his candidacy represents for their party and they will bury the thought without wasting time.

6. Perception of PYO as someone who cannot be trusted
Like it or not, Osinbajo’s declaration has portrayed him as someone who cannot be relied upon. In politics, the currency is loyalty and anyone who is perceived as not loyal is usually avoided by those who matter. Even among those currently propping the professor on, there are those who will be murmuring within their heart that the VP cannot be trusted not to betray them at some point, especially if he becomes president and thus untouchable. I will personally be weary of such character too. Yes, he has the constitutional right to contest but he has thrown morality to the dustbin by standing up to challenge his one-time political mentor. I read a piece about how Tiinubu reluctantly agreed for Osinbajo to be the running mate to PMB out of the three names suggested to him. The fact that BAT’s choice was still going to be picked and that he eventually agreed to PYO being named as the running mate is enough for our erstwhile star boy to abandon his ambition for BAT’s.

Anyway, let’s see how far the support of sycophants and traducers of Tinubu can carry him in his quest to wrestle APC’s ticket from Jagaban.

Passingshot (O.S. Olayiwola)
I stopped reading when I saw PMB neutrality. So you actually think Buhari will hand over Asorock to thief?
Well,Tinubu is more popular within APC no doubt,But the question should be,who will be more accepted by the masses more. Tell me which SS and SE state will choose tinubu over Osinbajo,just tell me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by BelSprit: 3:54pm On Apr 15, 2022
There should be even many more reasons why Goliath vs David was a mismatch but we all know what happened.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Mrbenny001: 3:54pm On Apr 15, 2022
I don't understand why you're all hyping Tinubu as if only Lagos Apc will vote presidential primaries
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Frankest20(m): 3:55pm On Apr 15, 2022
Its JAGABAN or Nothing, Tinubu is the next president of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Mooh247: 3:55pm On Apr 15, 2022
Help2020:
I stopped reading when I saw PMB neutrality. So you actually think Buhari will hand over Asorock to thief?
Well,Tinubu is more popular within APC no doubt,But the question should be,who will be more accepted by the masses more. Tell me which SS and SE state will choose tinubu over Osinbajo,just tell me.

Buhari that won't hand over to Osinbajo as acting president

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by kunlebt(m): 3:57pm On Apr 15, 2022
I dont think you know the damages BAT as done to yorubaland with his selfishness.God is waiting for him on that primary election. You will be shock when PYO is the candidate. We dont vote for parties but individual dignity. Stop eating from corrupt politicians.

Thank you

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by olabode100: 3:57pm On Apr 15, 2022
To be candid with you, I did not see anything in your points because it's like making an excuse.
The other guy came up with relevant point but you were just babbling.
PassingShot:
I read a NL thread https://www.nairaland.com/7077990/why-tinubu-lose-osinbajo-apc#up suggesting reasons why PYO will defeat BAT in the APC primary election to select who flies the ticket of the party in 2023 and I could not help but to laugh at the naivety and desperation of the writer. Well, without paying any attention to the weak and unfounded reasons he presented in his article, I make bold to advance the following arguments to conclude that Jagaban Borgu remains the only candidate who will win the primary contest, barring any last-minute jettisoning of primaries for consensus which is not even contained in the constitution of APC.

Even, his political foes will attest to the fact that BAT has built a well-oiled political structure that has not only survived the best of political warriors in OBJ and GEJ (with federal might), his structure has endured the worst of political earthquake and has remained very solid and functioning. In the primary contest for the presidential candidate which will be decided by delegates from APC across the 36 states, Tinubu structure will come in hand to deliver the goods.

This is somewhat related to the first point but not entirely the same. In the course of single-handedly building and strengthening his political base (ACN), Tinubu it was who took ACN into alliance with CPC, ANPP, a faction of APGA and a faction of PDP. In fact, most political watchers agreed that the 2 most important figures in that successful alliance that produced APC are Buhari and Tinubu. The rest were only needed to make up the numbers and the spread. BAT has since that alliance built a working relationship with strong politicians in the north. The likes of Ganduje, Ribadu, Ado Dogawa, Ahmed Lawan, etc. are staunch Tinubu’s supporters who will deliver the delegates from that side of the country.

3. Neutrality of PMB
PMB remains a political juggernaut whose support and influence can, to some extent determine who wins the APC ticket. From what I have read and heard, it was this support that Osinbajo was looking for that delayed his declaration. Unfortunately for him, PMB did not assure him of anything, instead preferring to be neutral and asking all the contestants to work hard to win the ticket. While it is possible for PMB to have a preference for PYO (highly doubtful), Buhari has demonstrated many times that he handles situations like this with utmost maturity and fairness to all involved. If he has forgotten how BAT deployed his resources to make him defeat Atiku and Kwankwaso in 2014 and to win the presidency in 2015 and 2019, he will surely be reminded by his close allies like Ganduje and the Senate President of this fact. And Buhari will choose to remain neutral. It is PYO who needs PMB so much and not the other way round.

Not many watchers of political development will have missed the enormous support Tinubu enjoys from the APC senators and representatives. They are not hiding it and they have been saying it loud and clear even to the hearing of PYO. You only need to watch the Senate session when BAT paid the APC caucus a visit to intimate them of his ambition. You can also listen to Ado Doguwa’s recent interview on the same subject
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqe6AQllcPA and here https://www.nairaland.com/7079123/doguwa-speaks-bola-tinubus-aspiration. I also read that of the seventy-something invited by PYO for Iftar, only 24 or so honored the invitation with majority of them spotting facemask with BAT logo. These speak volume about their position. They are the people that matter in this election and they are not politicians you can intimidate to change their mind. They believe in BAT and they are ready to reward his past support for them too.

After seven years of being the VP of Nigeria, it is a fact that PYO has no political base or structure of note with which he can be guaranteed of delegates votes. This is someone who lost his polling booth in the last general election. Irrespective of whatever sentiment anyone in the party top hierarchy may want to have for a PYO candidacy, they will realize what a dangerous option his candidacy represents for their party and they will bury the thought without wasting time.

Like it or not, Osinbajo’s declaration has portrayed him as someone who cannot be relied upon. In politics, the currency is loyalty and anyone who is perceived as not loyal is usually avoided by those who matter. Even among those currently propping the professor on, there are those who will be murmuring within their heart that the VP cannot be trusted not to betray them at some point, especially if he becomes president and thus untouchable. I will personally be weary of such character too. Yes, he has the constitutional right to contest but he has thrown morality to the dustbin by standing up to challenge his one-time political mentor. I read a piece about how Tiinubu reluctantly agreed for Osinbajo to be the running mate to PMB out of the three names suggested to him. The fact that BAT’s choice was still going to be picked and that he eventually agreed to PYO being named as the running mate is enough for our erstwhile star boy to abandon his ambition for BAT’s.

Anyway, let’s see how far the support of sycophants and traducers of Tinubu can carry him in his quest to wrestle APC’s ticket from Jagaban.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Whiteways: 3:58pm On Apr 15, 2022
Lol
LeoDeKing:
Tinubu oh, Osinbajo oh, anyone who emerges as the flagbearer will get 100% support from Nigerians. cheesy

What Nigerians don't want to see on the ballot is Emeka.  angry
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by ayo2008: 3:59pm On Apr 15, 2022
PassingShot:

3. Neutrality of PMB

Your opinion doesn't mean the fact. The good thing that all your indicators doesn't guarantee victory for your Oga (BAT)

Seems Tinubu has paid you to demonize Osinbajo ....the bad news for you is you have failed woefully.. kontinue with the wailing o
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Passionnn: 3:59pm On Apr 15, 2022
islandsscotch8:
Asiwaju baba Seyi , your direction is what we will follow. We will never stop supporting our leader

He will definitely lead you into the grave, cos he's very very close to it.
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by CaptainAyub: 3:59pm On Apr 15, 2022
PassingShot:

Osinbajo will be taught a classic political lesson.
Principal zombie grade one.
You've been on hiatus since 2015 elections.
Them done commission you again?
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by beejay85: 3:59pm On Apr 15, 2022
PassingShot:

Osinbajo will be taught a classic political lesson.
Like the one recently got by Aregbesola? grin
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by juman(m): 3:59pm On Apr 15, 2022
Comedy.
Bajo is apc candidate.
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Gkay1(m): 3:59pm On Apr 15, 2022
Nobody be champion forever, and surely there is an end to everything
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by SocialJustice: 4:00pm On Apr 15, 2022
Your reason Tinubu should be president is because he is an old politician and he has network. You didn't even mention anything concerning how he intends to change things in the country. Na wa. This style will not work again.

Should PDP give Peter Obi ticket, APC won't even win the election.
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Spherical77(m): 4:00pm On Apr 15, 2022
SarkinYarki:
It's clear that many of BATs zombies can't even read political writings but just move based on vibes ...Okay let me tell you something , NON of them will get the APC ticket , the APC convention will be a gathering to ratify Buharis consensus Candidate and they shall abide
na Obi go get the ticket, is that ok by you?
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by Spherical77(m): 4:02pm On Apr 15, 2022
Passionnn:

He will definitely lead you into the grave, cos he's very very close to it.
i wonder when you become God to decide who go die. Well done
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by juman(m): 4:02pm On Apr 15, 2022
Osinbajo totally rely on buhari and tinubu political structure.
He probably cant win anything without them.
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by UncommonLogic: 4:02pm On Apr 15, 2022
Anyone with common sense and not delusional due to hatred of Tinubu will know already that when it's all done, Osinbajo will be like a fish out of water.
Tinubu wl8beat him hands down. Will not even be close.
Just wait and see.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by oluwaseyi0: 4:02pm On Apr 15, 2022
IDeyNL:
According to a Yoruba Muslim.

It remains for Tinubu's bot accounts to continue with their automated response.
h

Those accounts are overplenty in quantity, all created in March 2nd or February 19

Nairaland keep ignoring those duplicate monikers
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by AmazingELixir: 4:04pm On Apr 15, 2022
[quote [s]author=PassingShot post=111972217]I read a NL thread https://www.nairaland.com/7077990/why-tinubu-lose-osinbajo-apc#up suggesting reasons why PYO will defeat BAT in the APC primary election to select who flies the ticket of the party in 2023 and I could not help but to laugh at the naivety and desperation of the writer. Well, without paying any attention to the weak and unfounded reasons he presented in his article, I make bold to advance the following arguments to conclude that Jagaban Borgu remains the only candidate who will win the primary contest, barring any last-minute jettisoning of primaries for consensus which is not even contained in the constitution of APC.

3. Neutrality of PMB

Passingshot (O.S. Olayiwola) [/s]
[/quote]
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by seyz91(m): 4:05pm On Apr 15, 2022
cheesy
Karlovich:
grin 12M naira speaking from his minions.
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by PassingShot(m): 4:05pm On Apr 15, 2022
Help2020:
Good for you if you stopped reading. However, you need to produce evidence that the president is backing him. Anything short of that remains a figment of imagination of you guys.

Tell me you are joking with your insinuation that PYO will be more acceptable than BAT
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by LtChisom: 4:05pm On Apr 15, 2022
Karlovich:
grin 12M naira speaking from his minions.

Oh! The idiot TinubuAdvocate is planning to relocate but will embroil us with the wickedness bedwetter?
Some people are so heartless I swear.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by AmazingELixir: 4:05pm On Apr 15, 2022
[quote [s]author=PassingShot post=111972217]I read a NL thread https://www.nairaland.com/7077990/why-tinubu-lose-osinbajo-apc#up suggesting reasons why PYO will defeat BAT in the APC primary election to select who flies the ticket of the party in 2023 and I could not help but to laugh at the naivety and desperation of the writer. Well, without paying any attention to the weak and unfounded reasons he presented in his article, I make bold to advance the following arguments to conclude that Jagaban Borgu remains the only candidate who will win the primary contest, barring any last-minute jettisoning of primaries for consensus which is not even contained in the constitution of APC.

3. Neutrality of PMB

Passingshot (O.S. Olayiwola) [/s]
[/quote]

Nonsense
Re: Reasons Tinubu Will Floor Osinbajo At APC Presidential Primary by seyz91(m): 4:06pm On Apr 15, 2022
Walahi you no lie
arejibadz:
baba suffer no day taya Nigerians I swear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Osinbajo In Igbo Isi Agu Attire As He Inspects Projects In Ebonyi State / Strange Things Are Happening On Earth (video) / Police Disrupt PDP Rally In Kano That Was Meant To Receive 7000 APC Defectors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.